* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Crystal Vid I want to make
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
Hey all, I don't post on here often but I wanted some advice. I've been enjoying Crystal and the other day, I was thinking how cool a music video would be. I was listening to I Remember by Deadmau5 and I thought it would go perfectly with the theme of the show. Remembering past loves and lives, kinda like Usagi and Mamoru and the gang. I'm wanting to wait until the end of the Beryl arc but do you guys think that would work? I've never made a Sailor Moon video but curious to hear any feedback from those of you who have made your own. What do you guys normally experience process wise? Do you try to make certain scenes fit lyrics or do you let it just flow? I also have to think of how to get footage to make it. Thanks in advance for any information!

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Vid I want to make
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
Junking87 wrote:
Hey all, I don't post on here often but I wanted some advice. I've been enjoying Crystal and the other day, I was thinking how cool a music video would be. I was listening to I Remember by Deadmau5 and I thought it would go perfectly with the theme of the show. Remembering past loves and lives, kinda like Usagi and Mamoru and the gang. I'm wanting to wait until the end of the Beryl arc but do you guys think that would work? I've never made a Sailor Moon video but curious to hear any feedback from those of you who have made your own. What do you guys normally experience process wise? Do you try to make certain scenes fit lyrics or do you let it just flow? I also have to think of how to get footage to make it. Thanks in advance for any information!

Sounds fun! :)
I used to make a lot of AMVs myself-- usually I'd find inspiration in a song, listen to it a BUNCH, and try to think of particular clips from the show that would match with the lyrics. Think about it a lot ahead of time while you wait for more episodes to come out, and pay attention while you're watching new episodes in case anything cool happens that you'll wanna include! I'd suggest taking notes while watching, like "Moon crying at 7:15 in the 6th episode" in case you're looking for a particular emotion and you don't wanna dig through as much later.

What program do you want to use? I started out in Windows Movie Maker, then made my way to Sony Vegas, and now I use Final Cut X. iMovie is also a good alternative if you're a Mac user instead of Windows Movie Maker. :)

I would torrent the episodes first, then you'll have everything you need!

Good luck <3

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Vid I want to make
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
Awesome that is very good advice, especially about the taking notes part. I think I have Windows Movie Maker and I'll wait for the arc to finish so I can look into getting a torrent. Thank you so much for the suggestions!