Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mystery Moonie Theater 3000(?)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:11 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
The way I see it, there are three types of fanfic: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. An example of The Good would be World of Warcraft's "Unbroken" from the TBC era. An example of The Bad would be fanfic from Final Fantasy VI that haunted the early days of the World Wide Web. Most examples of The Ugly were mercilessly riffed at places like Shiji's Vault of Anime MSTings, or The Sailor Moon Antishrine.

Today, I would like to talk to you about the third kind of fanfic.

As the former admin of a...different kind of Sailor Moon website, I came across some of the worst Sailor Moon fanfic ever written. Horrors like "Princess Crystallina's Magical Christmas" or an inflation fetish red delight called "Sailor Balloon." I'm sure you're all familiar with many more examples.

Back in the day, whenever I encountered one of these gems, I would forward it straight to Mike Nelson, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot, as was my sacred duty. This process took the horror out of horrible, replacing it with humorable. I've had such a work sitting on my hard disk in an incomplete state for over 15 years. This community has given me the resolve and motivation to complete the process, and finish a MSTing 2 decades in the making.

My question to you is, where on this board might it go? Does it count as a fanfic proper, for the purpose of classification? I want to send you SM fanfic, the worst ever penned. You'll have to sit and read it all, 'till your minds begin to bend. Now keep in mind, you'll not control when the fanfics begin or end, because I used those special parts to make your robot friends!

Now, if you're wondering how you'll eat or breath, and other science facts, then repeat to yourself, "it's just a spoof, I should really just relax!"

On...
MYSTERY
MOONIE
THEATER
3000!

Post subject: Re: Mystery Moonie Theater 3000(?)
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Bump for love and justice? I'm being serious, and am in no way trying to troll anyone. I also do not intend to riff the work of anyone here, without their consent.