Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Would MSTings be acceptable if done properly?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Hello, fans of Sailor Moon.

I know we got off to a bad start, but as a sign of contrition, I thought I would ask before posting.

I have a MSTing of a cheesy Sailor Moon fanfic I started working on years ago. I thought I would take the time to finish it and post it here. It's been alledged that Moonies cringe even harder at the cheesier tropes in Sailor Moon than either I or my brothers in ISM ever did, so I thought that poking fun at that cheesiness together would be a good way to find common ground.

If I finished it, edited it to remove any Anti bent that may be present, and posted it here, would it be appreciated or moderated?

Post subject: Re: Would MSTings be acceptable if done properly?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:33 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
That depends on what exactly the final contents are, but since we don't do pre-censorship here, you may just post it if you think it's appropriate to do so, & then we'll see whether it is. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Thank you for the reply, Rika. Bear in mind that the original MSTing was written 16 years ago, back when I was in High School, and was intended for The Sailor Moon Antishrine, which was known for its sardonic ridiculing of Sailor Moon, and Moonies in particular. Some of the Moonies here who are old enough to remember things like SOS or ISM might also remember Nav. My website was his official home for a time, as chosen by Nav himself.

I meant it when I said I didn't come here to pick fights. Now that you have some context, I hope you can see why posting it "as is" might be a bad idea. That said, now that I have the OK, I will get to work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:09 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Like what I've said above, it all depends on your own judgment regarding whether to post it here, hence it's also your full responsibility for any consequences arising from it. So I can only advice you this: if you truly believe it's appropriate to post here, go ahead; if not, or even you aren't so sure, I'd suggest you not to. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:26 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Just don't forget to create your own shadowrama! :mrgreen:

http://www.astroreverb.com/ca/shadow/shadowrama.php

Like, for example, having the silhouettes of the Senshi sitting in the seat row and/or having Usagi occasionally laughing at the scenes/your commentary (I should have a sample of the giggle still lying around somewhere). Ami could rant at the plotholes & scientific inaccuracies etc. Sweatdrops ^_^' might also add to the fun...

P. S: And keep also in mind that you could get in legal battles for copyright infringement!

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/mstfaq/legal.html

P. P. S: A little while ago, I already wrote parody lyrics on the MST3K theme tune:

http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24926

P. P. P. S: New MST3K episodes confirmed!

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/mst3k-returns-joel-hodgson-on-resurrecting-the-cult-tv-show-20151222