Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone with Sailor Moon tapes taped off-air?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
This post asks whether any of you have any Sailor Moon that were not from home video releases, but off-air recordings instead from when it was on TV.

Count me among them. I have tapes of the S and SuperS episodes when Toonami first aired them in the summer/fall of 2000. What I wouldn't do to have those days back.....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Post subject: Re: Anyone with Sailor Moon tapes taped off-air?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
I definitely did.

Sailor Moon came on at like 4 pm and my stupid elementary school didn't get out until 4:10 so by the time I got home it was ending or already over so having my mom tape the episodes was a necessity.

That said I probably only saw like a third of the SuperS episodes while it was on air.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Yup. I've still got a couple tapes on a shelf with hand-written notes about which episodes are on them. The one that comes to mind is "Nurse Venus" from SMR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Not I, but in high school I had a friend who recorded EVERY episode that aired, and she kept a notebook with the episode number, title, and original air date as soon as she watched/ recorded it. It was pretty fun getting to stay overnight at her house once and binge-watching nearly the entire third season. (*) (We didn't sleep. XD)

Me, I have a few (legit) videos of the edited version of the 3rd season dub. I have a friend who has unedited dubs from season 4. And that was an interesting experience, lol.

(*As an interesting sidenote, I remember watching the episode of Eudial's death, then a couple of episodes later, the 5 in the "Witches 5" sign was taped over with a 4. I burst out laughing so hard I fell off the ottoman, and she had to pause the video for almost 15 minutes waiting for me to finish.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Are you asking out of nostalgia or is this an interrogation? :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I used to as well!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:01 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
Yup I have Classic from ep 1 to the middle of the rainbow Crystal arc as recorded on CN then (I had the leading episodes to the end of classic but I lost those tapes in 2001)

picked up again during the final few eps of classic including day of Destiny,(that copy I do still have) then part of the Ali-en arc and only 1 ep of black moon the one when Ami was gonna leave but came back after receiving her new transformation stick

In 2000 I recorded S and SuperS as toonami aired it without missing episodes
I made sure to catch any missed ones during re runs

(I missed previous episodes due to either not having enough tapes or being late from coming home from school and losing the tape I mentioned earlier, I think the vcr ate it it was an old 80s vcr)

I recorded the R and SuperS movies as shown in late oct early November 2001 toonami didn't record S movie because I bought the actual tape

another copy of ep 1 as seen in USA network in 1997

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Judge of the Nights
:( i had some classic and some supers episodes recorded but sometime later we recorded anything else so they're deleted.

"I need you more than anyone else on this entire planet could possibly ever need you! I need you to take care of me, to put up with me, and most of all I need you to love me, 'cause I love you" -Homer Simpson