Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone with Sailor Moon tapes taped off-air?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
This post asks whether any of you have any Sailor Moon that were not from home video releases, but off-air recordings instead from when it was on TV.

Count me among them. I have tapes of the S and SuperS episodes when Toonami first aired them in the summer/fall of 2000. What I wouldn't do to have those days back.....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Post subject: Re: Anyone with Sailor Moon tapes taped off-air?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
I definitely did.

Sailor Moon came on at like 4 pm and my stupid elementary school didn't get out until 4:10 so by the time I got home it was ending or already over so having my mom tape the episodes was a necessity.

That said I probably only saw like a third of the SuperS episodes while it was on air.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Yup. I've still got a couple tapes on a shelf with hand-written notes about which episodes are on them. The one that comes to mind is "Nurse Venus" from SMR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
Not I, but in high school I had a friend who recorded EVERY episode that aired, and she kept a notebook with the episode number, title, and original air date as soon as she watched/ recorded it. It was pretty fun getting to stay overnight at her house once and binge-watching nearly the entire third season. (*) (We didn't sleep. XD)

Me, I have a few (legit) videos of the edited version of the 3rd season dub. I have a friend who has unedited dubs from season 4. And that was an interesting experience, lol.

(*As an interesting sidenote, I remember watching the episode of Eudial's death, then a couple of episodes later, the 5 in the "Witches 5" sign was taped over with a 4. I burst out laughing so hard I fell off the ottoman, and she had to pause the video for almost 15 minutes waiting for me to finish.)