Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Any moonies over 30 years old here?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
Sailor DooM wrote:
litacan wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:

Aw. I know the feeling mate.

I also know that feeling :roll:

Me too... :blue: It's nice to know that I'm not the only one... :cry:

Me five :(

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Venuss wrote:
I'm not even eighteen yet ^_^'

Leave this thread, kid. j/k :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:43 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Venuss wrote:
I'm not even eighteen yet ^_^'

Leave this thread, kid. j/k :lol:

:tongue: Don't be mean Rika. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor DooM wrote:
litacan wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:

I also know that feeling :roll:

Me too... :blue: It's nice to know that I'm not the only one... :cry:

Me five :(

Me six. :cool:

I turned 31 this June. Really dont feel like a big thing tho, probally next time will be before I turn 40, maby. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Just turned thirty last month.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Happy belated birthday. :lol: And welcome to the forums too. :keke:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I'm 28, until January.

My first encounter with Sailor Moon was when Toonami showed the DiC Dub in 1999 or so (I was like, 10), but I saw so little of the show I wasn't sure what it was about or what was going on. "Are they like superpowers? How'd they get that way? What are they fighting and why? Why are people acting differently? What's going on??"

A few years later, around 2001-2002, I got into other anime and manga related things. My first real obsession in that field of things was the Love Hina manga by Ken Akamatsu. Back then I don't think DVDs were being sold and I was still a teenager and my parents didn't seem to approve of anime, so I wouldn't have bought it around them anyway. I managed to download the very first episode subtitled, and I thought it was kinda cute and funny, but I didn't make much more of it than that.

I kept hearing a little about Sailor Moon, especially from someone I got close to who, to put it simply, passed away not long after, so I decided to watch it one day, once I was ready. That person also sent me a bunch of songs, like Yume Miru Dakeja Dame and Ai No Senshi, and I got really really into the music of it for years. But due to difficulty obtaining the show, and it being a big emotional commitment to get around to it, and confusion about translations, I stalled for many more years. In the meanwhile I grew up, worked exhausting jobs, got sick, and got into a new relationship that's still going to this day (married now).

Then, in 2011, when I was 22, I started watching the whole anime in earnest (the Japanese version, subtitled). My first impression was that it was a lot of fun and kind of nostalgic, even though I had never seen that much of it.

Then I got to episode 23 and I was like "oh my gosh is this going where I think it might be going" and then I saw episode 24 and I cried and cried and cried, in addition to it's own poignancy, it hit a very personal note for me, regarding the person I lost when I was a teenager. Episode 26, likewise, also meant a lot to me. I'm glad my husband (fiancee at the time) was there to support me when I was watching.

It was episode 24 that made me a fan for life, I suppose.

And after that the show's story really stays in high gear for most of season 1. It was so good, I HAD to watch the rest and see it all. And I did, all 200 of them, and it was all pretty good. So many great moments, in every season.

I also tried the manga but I had a lot more trouble getting interested in it because of how it rushes through it's characters in a wild flurry of dream/nightmare imagery and brutal, abrupt side character deaths without ever stopping to breathe. At one point I decided to give up and let myself wikiwalk reading about it before I finished reading through. I do kinda like the manga and I'm still reading through it though, slowly. Crystal likewise, but it goes on the back burner behind the real deal. Then I'll try the live action show. Another Story is on the agenda too, higher up.

And I still really want to know what they're saying in the PC Engine game!! It's like a lost fourth(/first) movie, you guys! The voice actors from the show, and writing that ties in, and the Shitennou come back in the anime continuity, and Naru and Umino are in it and have something to say about that, and Beryl gets more serious development, and...!!

Anywway, that's how I wound up rambling about it so much here lately, in between working on a long complex fanfiction story and my drawings for it. Got the majority of it all written, too, so I'm pretty sure I will be releasing it in some form once I'm good and ready.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Danzig87 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Danzig87 wrote:

Heck, I hit 33 next birthday (it's not far off now ^_^' )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membership
Other: PK Starstorm!
I turned 30 in August, but that's not that bad. While I have Sailor Moon to watch, I will feel youthful and happy. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor DooM wrote:
I turned 30 in August, but that's not that bad. While I have Sailor Moon to watch, I will feel youthful and happy. :ohmy:

So Sailor Moon can keep one mentally youthful. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Thirty-one last month. Fully over thirty. :mrgreen: