Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Fans & Marvel Comics!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Basically what the Thread Title Stated;

This is a Thread in Talking about Sailor Moon Fans who are also Marvel Comic Fans. It can be about the Comics, Movies, TV Shows, Video Games, Books, Toys or Anything Marvel Related.

Also, how would you compare Sailor Moon and Marvel Comics, their Differences, Similarities, how your fandoms are between the 2 Franchises. Do you have Sailor Moon/Marvel FanFics, questions about Marvel coming from a Sailor Moon Perspective, Comparing Sailor Moon Characters with Marvel Characters, etc.

Mainly a Mass of the 2 MEGA Franchises and talking to Fellow Sailor Moon Fans that are Also Marvel Fans and Having a Good and Interesting Conversation. :keke:

Welcome! :cool:

http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Some Cool:

Iron Man 3 - Can You Dig It!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6scEvEJEY

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Fans & Marvel Comics!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:20 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am not a fan of superheroes, but my boyfriend is and he makes me watch with him movies like Capitan America, Iron Man, Superman and Z Men. In return I make him watch with me Sailor Moon Classic and Sailor Moon Crystal. It is a fair compromise, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:29 am 
inactive
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I am not a fan of superheroes, but my boyfriend is and he makes me watch with him movies like Capitan America, Iron Man, Superman and Z Men. In return I make him watch with me Sailor Moon Classic and Sailor Moon Crystal. It is a fair compromise, isn't it?

Honestly Yea, I think it is SignorinaTsukino. ;)

Really that is a good way to get both yourself and your boyfriend into experiencing new franchises and seeing what you like about them and maybe trying to get more into them. I hope you enjoyed the Marvel Movies but if not that is ok, they are not for everyone.

But I hope that your Boyfriend enjoyed Watching Sailor Moon Classic and Crystal!

For Me, Thanks to Marvel, The Movies Especially the Avengers and Superheroes in General Especially over the last few years, it has made me come to Appreciated and Like Sailor Moon Even More now Since I Count Sailor Moon into the Same Superhero Community League! :cool:

Some Cool:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
CJStriker wrote:
SignorinaTsukino wrote:

Honestly Yea, I think it is SignorinaTsukino. ;)

Really that is a good way to get both yourself and your boyfriend into experiencing new franchises and seeing what you like about them and maybe trying to get more into them. I hope you enjoyed the Marvel Movies but if not that is ok, they are not for everyone.

But I hope that your Boyfriend enjoyed Watching Sailor Moon Classic and Crystal!

For Me, Thanks to Marvel, The Movies Especially the Avengers and Superheroes in General Especially over the last few years, it has made me come to Appreciated and Like Sailor Moon Even More now Since I Count Sailor Moon into the Same Superhero Community League! :cool:
He did, more Crystal than Classic though. About me... Yes I enjoyed them, except for the Iron Man Movies. I could not stand the protagonist, I found him Arrogant and obnoxious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:12 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MCU is doing so much better than DCEU. =^_^=

Though I admit that the Young Justice series is doing much better than X-men.

Last edited by rgveda99 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 am 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:

Though I admit that the Young Justice is doing much better than X-men.

Very Much True, DCEU is having its troubles right now, I still enjoyed moves like Suicide Squad to a degree, it reminded me why I like DC Comics, but it does sadly have its problems and is behind the MCU by way amount.

BUT the DC Animated Studios is WAY ahead of the Marvel Animated Studios Indeed, Their Young Justice Alone was a Masterpiece in Storytelling and Character Arcs, Each Episode was an Epic and I believe it might be coming back soon I think?! :smug:

Honest thought either it is just me or otherwise allot of the Animated Comic Series now aday are taking more cues from Anime then ever before and not just look. I feel the character designs in the characters attitudes and how they carry themselves feel like some inspirations from Sailor Moon Style Characterization, espically in the Female Characters. Or that could be just me seeing that but it is noticeable.

You also have this homage too. ;)

Some Cool:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:25 pm 
inactive
As for abit of Fun too since that is what this Thread is also about; Fan Artwork of Sailor Moon and Marvel Comics!

This is one of my favorites with one of My Favorite Marvel Heroes Captain America and Sailor Moon herself!

Really when you think about it, how Captain America is the Hero of His Country the USA, Sailor Moon is maybe as close to a Captain Japan as their might be, considering Sailor Moon as Japan's Captain Japan would be Awesome! ^_^

http://dreamoz.deviantart.com/art/Soldi ... -376005175

Some Cool:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:16 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
To DC and Warner Bros,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PyrgGTFp0E&t

Don't rely on Batsie and Joksie forever. :quagmire:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:

but what I have noticed between Marvel and DC Comics is that Marvel tends to do better with their movies, but DC are generally more successful on TV. Marvel has Iron Man, Spider Man, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, X-Men etc, they are all big and highly successful movie franchises, whereas DC only really have the Batman movies that still deliver good box office earnings more consistently, with the exception of the new Suicide Squad movie of course. Superman doesn't do well anymore, and I'm hoping the new Wonder Woman movie would fair well in box office earnings (mainly because I love Chris Pine), but I'm not very confident.

BUT on the other hand, DC seem to fair better on TV than Marvel does...while the only TV series Marvel currently has airing is Agents of SHIELD, which does not get good ratings, DC on the other hand has successful TV shows like The Flash, Supergirl, Lucifer; which they all tend to get better ratings than SHIELD, DC also has Arrow & Legends of Tomorrow etc. Overall, DC has much more TV shows currently airing than Marvel, and some of their TV shows are more successful than the only TV series that Marvel currently has airing. Another thing I noticed is that DC also has more cartoons airing on TV and their Batman cartoons in particular are especially popular, whereas Marvel has less cartoons nowadays and they are less successful as the Batman cartoons.

So it really just depends on whether we're referring to movies or TV shows, when it comes to movies, there's no doubt Marvel exceeds DC by far, but when it comes to TV, it seems DC far overshadows Marvel.

SignorinaTsukino wrote:

haha my boyfriend and I are the same, I'm not into Superhero movies & TV shows much but my boyfriend is and he would often force me to watch all these Marvel and DC superhero movies and TV shows with him, while I sometimes force him to watch SM and other animes I love as compromise :D he quite enjoy watching SM actually, he likes Sailor Uranus the most (not surprising) :wink: but he especially loves to watch Attack on Titan which I recently introduced him to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:21 am 
Stella
Stella
I like Marvel all though my favorite Marvel series was the 90s X-Men the animated series. It had all of the good points of the comics with none of the more stupid stuff. I also like how they kept one solid superhero cast through out and didn't go replacing people like the comics did and this lead to an awesome family dynamic. I have recently been boycotting Marvel comics though because they have done too much stuff I haven't like for instance the more crazy SJW stuff, Captain Hydra, the death of Wolverine etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 am 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
To DC and Warner Bros,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PyrgGTFp0E&t

Don't rely on Batsie and Joksie forever. :quagmire:

The Avengers Infinity Wars is going to be something on a WHOLE New level of Amazing!

Really it will be an event allot like when The 1st Avengers Movie came-out in 2012 IMO.

It will be Great to See the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy have a Crossover on This level! :cool:

I like the Factor they are going Cosmic cause that is one of my Favorite parts of the Marvel Verse and it Brings in my Favorite Villain, THANOS!!! :mrgreen:

This Guy is on a Par Level of Terrible he makes Planets Quake and Cosmic Beings Fear Him!

Honestly He is on the Same Level of Fear IMO in the Marvel Verse as Sailor Galaxia was for Sailor Stars!

Honestly I see some Similarities in both their liking for Golden Attire, Un-Stoppable Nature and Near Omnipotence in Raw Power!

Some Cool:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I just hope it doesn't end up like the Disney battle.

It only took a robot to defeat the infinity gauntlet.

But what I'm really hoping for is Secret Invasion. I'd love to see some super skrulls.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:50 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
I like Marvel all though my favorite Marvel series was the 90s X-Men the animated series. It had all of the good points of the comics with none of the more stupid stuff..

Oh I don't know, I do like the show, but I think it had a lot of silly stuff in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

Not to mention, Mr Sinister called his henchmen "The Nasty Boys" and his second in command had pink poofy hair, and was called George. I was expecting Mr Sinister to say "Don't be afraid to use your nails, boys!"

Quote:
the death of Wolverine etc

Personally I was celebrating when that happened, but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:24 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SailorWelshy wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
I like Marvel all though my favorite Marvel series was the 90s X-Men the animated series. It had all of the good points of the comics with none of the more stupid stuff..

Oh I don't know, I do like the show, but I think it had a lot of silly stuff in it.

Not to mention, Mr Sinister called his henchmen "The Nasty Boys" and his second in command had pink poofy hair, and was called George. I was expecting Mr Sinister to say "Don't be afraid to use your nails, boys!"

I personally prefer the Xmen Evolution series. :cool:

The Xmen 90's had terrible fan service. Like some Xmen characters who aren't part of the Xmen in that series having the X symbol.

And there were only a few episodes with good quality animation.

I also prefer Wolverine and the Xmen as well. Too bad it got cancelled. :dead:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I saw this on facebook.

http://epicstream.com/quizzes/Which-Mar ... -Be-In/647

I got LUKE CAGE!!! :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am 
Stella
Stella
SailorWelshy wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Quote:

Most of that stuff I don't consider too silly also I don't see what is the problem with Mr. Sinister calling his subordinates The Nasty Boys that was their name in the comics.

Next well personally I am a Wolverine fan and it is just silly and stupid to kill off one of the most popular main characters in the franchise and just bad writing. Worst of all they replaced him with X 23 who I always hated. Many fans turned against the comics when they killed him off and I hope Marvel gains some sense and brings him back. Killing Wolverine was as boneheaded as killing off Johnny Gat in Saints Row and we all see how that ended badly for Volition.

rgveda99 wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

I personally prefer the Xmen Evolution series. :cool:

The Xmen 90's had terrible fan service. Like some Xmen characters who aren't part of the Xmen in that series having the X symbol.

And there were only a few episodes with good quality animation.

I also prefer Wolverine and the Xmen as well. Too bad it got cancelled. :dead:

Well some were probably former X-Men but either way this is a small error. Me personally I hated Evolution I hated how the majority of the cast were teenagers. I hated how dank the series was and I despised emo teen Rogue. Rogue is supposed to be a sexy, sultry and sassy Southern Belle I hate what they did in this series as much as I did the movies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:16 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
MariaTenebre wrote:
Well some were probably former X-Men but either way this is a small error.

Regardless an error is still an error like SMC's first season animation. :innocent:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Well some were probably former X-Men but either way this is a small error. Me personally I hated Evolution I hated how the majority of the cast were teenagers. I hated how dank the series was and I despised emo teen Rogue. Rogue is supposed to be a sexy, sultry and sassy Southern Belle I hate what they did in this series as much as I did the movies.

The Xmen started of as teenagers. And I love some supporting characters like Boom Boom and Sunspot who actually talked and had some great interactions with the other Xmen characters.

I like emo teen Rogue. Plus she has more control over her powers and was more consistent and written better. The 90's Rogue had control over her absorbing powers when he used it at Wolverine by just draining half of his lifeforce. A few episodes later when they were fighting Magneto, she was performing CPR on Cyclops she didn't knew how to deactivate Cyclop's powers and Rogue's powers can absorb both mind and powers of other mutants or other enhanced humans or even aliens.

In a way, it feels like Young Justice. 8)

Also I like Wolverine and The Xmen too. Again the supporting cast actually talk most of the time.

It also has a diverse cast with never before seen mutants like Firestar and the Afghan Dust.

MariaTenebre wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Quote:

Most of that stuff I don't consider too silly also I don't see what is the problem with Mr. Sinister calling his subordinates The Nasty Boys that was their name in the comics.

Yes. I agree with Welshy. There was a lot of silly stuff in it. Like the Christmas episode where Jean Grey and Gambit had a cooking argument. Or Corsair touching Cyclops chin when he was captured and unconcious. Made it look uncomfortable. Even Mr. Sinister having some weird crush on Cyclops too making him somewhat to have inspired Orochimaru from Naruto. :googly:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:06 am 
Stella
Stella
The X-Men did start off as teenager but I prefer the adult dynamic with the cast over the teenage stuff. Besides Jubilee was there to provide the teen dynamic. Also I have to disagree I hated emo teen Rogue she was a shadow of her former self. She was a mopey shadow of her former self. I much preferred Rogue as the sassy Southern Belle she is supposed to be not some emo whiner. Also the reason that Rogue couldn't turn off Cyclops's powers is because she had much more exposure in this scene then she did with Wolverine. I also disagree I think the writing for 90s Rogue was aces above Evolution's Rogue who was turned into an emo crybaby.

Again I don't see the issue with them having a cooking argument. It is fine to have some humor I just don't like how the latter comics had really stupid writing and I liked Mr. Sinister's thing with Cyclops and Jean I thought it was rather cool and creepy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:11 am 
Planeta
Planeta
MariaTenebre wrote:
The X-Men did start off as teenager but I prefer the adult dynamic with the cast over the teenage stuff. Besides Jubilee was there to provide the teen dynamic. Also I have to disagree I hated emo teen Rogue she was a shadow of her former self. She was a mopey shadow of her former self. I much preferred Rogue as the sassy Southern Belle she is supposed to be not some emo whiner. Also the reason that Rogue couldn't turn off Cyclops's powers is because she had much more exposure in this scene then she did with Wolverine. I also disagree I think the writing for 90s Rogue was aces above Evolution's Rogue who was turned into an emo crybaby..

Rouge wasn't emo in Evolution, stop throwing that word like it's fact. In fact I'm starting to get cross that you refer to emotionally repressed people as emos. Because by that logic, Batman is emo.

Also you really have no problems with Mr Sinster calling his men "The Nasty Boys"? Really? Really? You know just because it was in the orginal comics, doesn't mean it's automatically good.

Last edited by SailorWelshy on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:18 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Also X-23 is enjoying her own popularity with her own series, so no this has not backfired on Marvel, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone did as well.

Also Johnny Gash's death in Saints Row 3 did not backfire on the creators either as that game is as critically acclaimed as Saints Row 2, again just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else did as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
MariaTenebre wrote:
The X-Men did start off as teenager but I prefer the adult dynamic with the cast over the teenage stuff. Besides Jubilee was there to provide the teen dynamic.

MariaTenebre wrote:
I just don't like how the latter comics had really stupid writing

The mansion was called "School of Gifted Children." She was the only one considered a child there inside a big mansion full of adults. They don't even seem to teach her how to control her powers as she keeps blowing things up. :megaoh:

I honestly don't see any character development on her.

And she's no where near as cool as the Japanese Xmen opening. :cool:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Also the reason that Rogue couldn't turn off Cyclops's powers is because she had much more exposure in this scene then she did with Wolverine.

More exposure means more knowledge and psyche absorbed. So she should have remembered to just close her eyes once it was activated. She didn't need Cyclops to tell her that. Plus they've been together for a very long time and she would know of this knowledge. Also Cyclops woke up for a short time meaning she absorbed at least more than 97 percent of his powers as seen how she almost destroyed the building and anything touching her eye beams.

In the Xmen EVO series this was better handled as Rogue had full control of Cyclops power to the point she only used her optic blast to incapacitate Mystique instead of killing her.

MariaTenebre wrote:
Also I have to disagree I hated emo teen Rogue she was a shadow of her former self. She was a mopey shadow of her former self. I much preferred Rogue as the sassy Southern Belle she is supposed to be not some emo whiner.

MariaTenebre wrote:
I also disagree I think the writing for 90s Rogue was aces above Evolution's Rogue who was turned into an emo crybaby.

Like Welshy said. She's not emo. Or at least not your average emo as she can dance with confidence with Kitty Pride. :dance:

Despite her having normal mutant human teenage problems Xmen EVO Rogue was a team player. She was a well rounded character who grew despite having so many insecurities and problems at the beginning. :wink:

She also has more control of her powers and can possibly be Omega level without having to rely on Ms. Marvel's powers. 8)

90's Rogue for the most part gets into trouble using her natural mutant powers and relies heavily more on Ms. Marvel's powers. :grey:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:47 pm 
Stella
Stella
rgveda99 wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
The X-Men did start off as teenager but I prefer the adult dynamic with the cast over the teenage stuff. Besides Jubilee was there to provide the teen dynamic.

MariaTenebre wrote:
I just don't like how the latter comics had really stupid writing

The mansion was called "School of Gifted Children." She was the only one considered a child there inside a big mansion full of adults. They don't even seem to teach her how to control her powers as she keeps blowing things up. :megaoh:

I honestly don't see any character development on her.

And she's no where near as cool as the Japanese Xmen opening. :cool:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Also the reason that Rogue couldn't turn off Cyclops's powers is because she had much more exposure in this scene then she did with Wolverine.

More exposure means more knowledge and psyche absorbed. So she should have remembered to just close her eyes once it was activated. She didn't need Cyclops to tell her that. Plus they've been together for a very long time and she would know of this knowledge. Also Cyclops woke up for a short time meaning she absorbed at least more than 97 percent of his powers as seen how she almost destroyed the building and anything touching her eye beams.

In the Xmen EVO series this was better handled as Rogue had full control of Cyclops power to the point she only used her optic blast to incapacitate Mystique instead of killing her.

MariaTenebre wrote:
Also I have to disagree I hated emo teen Rogue she was a shadow of her former self. She was a mopey shadow of her former self. I much preferred Rogue as the sassy Southern Belle she is supposed to be not some emo whiner.

MariaTenebre wrote:
I also disagree I think the writing for 90s Rogue was aces above Evolution's Rogue who was turned into an emo crybaby.

Like Welshy said. She's not emo. Or at least not your average emo as she can dance with confidence with Kitty Pride. :dance:

Despite her having normal mutant human teenage problems Xmen EVO Rogue was a team player. She was a well rounded character who grew despite having so many insecurities and problems at the beginning. :wink:

She also has more control of her powers and can possibly be Omega level without having to rely on Ms. Marvel's powers. 8)

90's Rogue for the most part gets into trouble using her natural mutant powers and relies heavily more on Ms. Marvel's powers. :grey:

It wasn't just for children though it was for any mutant to learn how to control their powers and the majority of mutants who were admitted usually were adults. Also even the earliest X-Men who were admitted were not children but rather teenagers. Also you are wrong as the series goes on Jubilee does learn how to control her powers and the other X-Men are seen teaching her and mentoring her.

Next actually exposure doesn't necessarily grant her knowledge of how to use the powers she never used Cyclops's powers before so was unsure of how they worked. Plus she absorbed so much of his powers she was literally exploding with power. Plus as I mentioned before Rogue at this stage is still learning how to control her powers.

Next Rogue in the 90s was a team player as well with her own insecurities however she was also very likable, fun, sassy etc where as the Evo Rogue was pretty much a wallflower and yes Rogue in the 90s does learn to use her powers with more finesse but still it was very neat to see her struggling with controlling them it made you empathize with her more.

SailorWelshy wrote:
Also X-23 is enjoying her own popularity with her own series, so no this has not backfired on Marvel, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone did as well.

Also Johnny Gash's death in Saints Row 3 did not backfire on the creators either as that game is as critically acclaimed as Saints Row 2, again just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else did as well.

Actually Marvel has been losing sales for a long time due to stuff like killing off Wolverine as well as their SJW stuff.

Also you are dead wrong on Johnny Gat. People were beyond pissed at this. They made petitions people threatened to not play any future games. It got so bad that the developers caved in and brought him back in Saints Row 4. However old school fans like myself have been mad at the series since Saints Row the Third for changing the focus from gangster stuff and having a more serious plot to the downright stupid stuff in Saints Row 3 and 4.