Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 09, 2017
Posts: 10
Gender: Female
As you all might know, they opened up preorders for the 2017-2018 overseas Official Pretty Guardians Fan Club membership. I've been reading about it because I'm considering getting it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

The membership itself is $58 USD. You do get a cool membership card and necklace for joining and also access to a newsletter for Sailor Moon. Other than that? The membership app is only in Japanese and the radio show is also only in Japanese (I mean...they could translate it for us). And apparently only some merchandise are available to overseas members but not all. And think about those international shipping costs!! I read an article where this girl said only several items where available so you don't get a lot of options (what if you don't really like any of them?). And apparently there's a secret Bandai Sailor Moon merchandise website for members but overseas fans wouldn't get access to that either.

All in all, I think it would be really cool to be an official member for my number one favorite thing in the world. But, is it really worth it? I'd love to hear anyone else's input on it (and maybe if anyone got the membership last year).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
Posts: 6766
Location: Behind you!
Gender: female
Other: taken :A
I'd like to get it and looking for possible payment options since i don't have a credit card.The card and the neclace looks good and i want to obtain it

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:22 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 04, 2017
Posts: 31
Location: New York
Gender: Female
Other: 田中れいな押し。
The way I figure... the necklace itself is worth at least $60. Good quality Sailor Moon jewelry is pretty expensive, and I heard the lipgloss from last year was metal, heavy, and good quality. I'm assuming this necklace isn't some hot topic costume piece of jewelry that's worth $10. I want the necklace (and that beautiful card!) so I bought the membership. If I get any gain from the membership, it'll be very nice to have those perks! Some of the items they were selling were very nice, and it would be nice to have a chance to buy them at their original prices vs buying them off of ebay for extremely marked up prices. What is worth it to someone isn't going to be worth it to someone else. It all depends on their taste, buying habits, etc.

Also I don't think the secret Bandai website "ban" is from the club itself, but from Bandai? But remember, last year was the first year of the fanclub (in a long time, I remember them having one back in the day?) and they kindly opened up to overseas members. They did it later on, so they had to work out kinks. Hopefully they improve this year! It's pretty cool that they're thinking of oversea fans! (There's another fanclub that I want to be in, but it doesn't offer ANY perks for overseas fans. You need a proxy for anything and everything, despite them having a large foreign fanbase and being very aware of that fanbase. Which is not fun.)

My only issue is the newsletters are digital-only for overseas members. It's not that expensive to mail papers... :|

_________________
Image
おつかれいな。


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2013
Posts: 502
Location: New York
Gender: Female
I would love to join but it is pretty pricey to only get a necklace and some postcards.

_________________
Have an Otaku Senshi? Check out my club on dA: Crystal Starseeds
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:11 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 09, 2017
Posts: 10
Gender: Female
880yen wrote:
The way I figure... the necklace itself is worth at least $60. Good quality Sailor Moon jewelry is pretty expensive, and I heard the lipgloss from last year was metal, heavy, and good quality. I'm assuming this necklace isn't some hot topic costume piece of jewelry that's worth $10. I want the necklace (and that beautiful card!) so I bought the membership. If I get any gain from the membership, it'll be very nice to have those perks! Some of the items they were selling were very nice, and it would be nice to have a chance to buy them at their original prices vs buying them off of ebay for extremely marked up prices. What is worth it to someone isn't going to be worth it to someone else. It all depends on their taste, buying habits, etc.

Also I don't think the secret Bandai website "ban" is from the club itself, but from Bandai? But remember, last year was the first year of the fanclub (in a long time, I remember them having one back in the day?) and they kindly opened up to overseas members. They did it later on, so they had to work out kinks. Hopefully they improve this year! It's pretty cool that they're thinking of oversea fans! (There's another fanclub that I want to be in, but it doesn't offer ANY perks for overseas fans. You need a proxy for anything and everything, despite them having a large foreign fanbase and being very aware of that fanbase. Which is not fun.)

My only issue is the newsletters are digital-only for overseas members. It's not that expensive to mail papers... :|

I have to agree with you on that, I do want the card and necklace. I think it'd be cool for them to improve from last year. I messaged Tokyo Otaku Mode and they said for any merchandise over $150, there will be a choice for free shipping (I wish it would be at least $100...), but the lady said that there's a chance that more features will be tailored for overseas fans in the future the more the international club grows.

I also heard that they might be thinking of bringing the Sailor Moon musicals to the US but that depends on the support they get when people buy merch and join the fanclub. So I think I might join for that extra support!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 11, 2010
Posts: 925
Location: Germany
Gender: Male
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
This is Daylight Robbery! I would never ever join any merchandise-driven, profit-oriented fandom association which requires you to pay for it! :twisted:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2013
Posts: 502
Location: New York
Gender: Female
I think the membership fee should be a one time thing and if you wanna get something club related, that should be up to you.

_________________
Have an Otaku Senshi? Check out my club on dA: Crystal Starseeds
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:37 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 09, 2017
Posts: 10
Gender: Female
Jess-chan wrote:
I think the membership fee should be a one time thing and if you wanna get something club related, that should be up to you.
I totally agree! Having to re-sign up every year seems like too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 09, 2017
Posts: 10
Gender: Female
Onuzim Ima wrote:
This is Daylight Robbery! I would never ever join any merchandise-driven, profit-oriented fandom association which requires you to pay for it! :twisted:
I agree! But sadly, it's one of the few ways to officially support the show/musicals/etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 25462
Location: in Mobius
Gender: Male
Other: gotta go fast
Onuzim Ima wrote:
This is Daylight Robbery! I would never ever join any merchandise-driven, profit-oriented fandom association which requires you to pay for it! :twisted:

same here

if I was head of the club I wouldn't charge fans to join
but rather open a donation where fans can choose to donate to support


we're not made of money :|
the whole point of joining is because we love sm, that love should always be the center not money

_________________
Image
Play Sonic and Chill 


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1605
Maybe the fanclub is all a Negaverse trap by Jadeite!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Fan Club worth it?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2013
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
gigi_gaga wrote:
But, is it really worth it? I'd love to hear anyone else's input on it (and maybe if anyone got the membership last year).


Here is my input. The cost of having to join is fairly expensive, espiecially for poor folks who need money for necessities.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 6 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator