Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Is the fandom that bad?
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Blaming all the problems in fandom on liberals and feminists while excusing misogynists and acting as if there are no far right ideologues in fandoms that get overly offended and never send death threats betrays your simplistic biases and that you really have no clue what you'e talking about and that this thread was all just an excuse to bash feminist and minority fans all along.

This is exactly what I mean, though...I *specifically said* that I wasn't referring to liberals. And here you go saying I'm bashing liberals.

I thought about writing something about far-right ideologies in fandoms but to be honest, I can't think of any.

So instead of being offended and prissy about it, can you please back up your statement? What far-right ideologies exist in fandoms that get overly offended and send death threats? I'm talking specifically about fandoms here.

I'm asking because I don't know, so please educate me.

EDIT: And when did I "excuse" misogynists? I didn't write ANYTHING about misogyny or women at all for that matter. You're making things up.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Um, GamerGate hello? So now feminists and queer fans are "extremist liberals"?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Um, GamerGate hello? So now feminists and queer fans are "extremist liberals"?

Okay, I'll give you GamerGate. I didn't think of that.

Also I did not say "extremist liberal" I said "extremist leftist ideologies" and I SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED LIBERALS.

STOP QUOTING THINGS I DID NOT SAY.

But yes, Neon Genesis -- anyone who sends death threats over someone drawing a fat character as skinny and saying it's for "fat-shaming" is an extremist leftist (not liberal but leftist) ideologist.

Also I'm queer myself so no I don't think queer fans are "extremists" of any kind on their own because I'm one of them!

Jesus.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The thread has now been smelling too political for here, hence locking.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3