* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Villian cosplay for con next year
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
So next year I want to cosplay as a villain from the Sailormoon series. (well duh lol) My question is WHO. I have done a Rubeus and a Sailor Tin Nyanko (though both were terrible looking lol)

Im undecided on WHO to do though...Im kinda stuck on which one lol

Who I've thought about doing:
From Sailormoon:
- Rubeus (gotta get a new wig, redo the earrings/Black Moon and new vest)
- Genderbend Rubeus (instead of flatting my chest down lol, i already got the skirt for it)
- Esmeruade/Emerald (either Casual or villain)
- Mimete
Other ideas:
- Old School Jade/Mileena/Sindel from Mortal Kombat
- the villian from Big hero 6

I need simple villain cosplays. Ive already decided on taking the shoes into low heel/flats due to my feet not being able to handle heels.

Any suggestions/ideas would be helpful :D
If for some reason this is in the wrong spot, please be kind. I figured this would go here since it has Sailormoon in it lol

Post subject: Re: Villian cosplay for con next year
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:28 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Berthier looks simple enough just like the MK girls. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Sounds as though you're already half done (or more) with the gender-bent Rubeus, so it may be advantagous to go with that for the next con you're attending, which would allow you opportunity to start thinking about who you'd like to go as for the con after that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
JupitersLightningRod wrote:
Sounds as though you're already half done (or more) with the gender-bent Rubeus, so it may be advantagous to go with that for the next con you're attending, which would allow you opportunity to start thinking about who you'd like to go as for the con after that.

For genderbend Rubeus, I would have to redo the vest/shirt (as it was just a sleeveless red xmas shirt i used lol) get the earrings remade and convert the boots to something easy on my feet (since I will be wearing this costume while 'working') For the hair I can dye it bright red (with the help of a coworker who works at a hair salon)

For regular Rubeus, I'd have to find a way to bind the chest down comfortably, as well as redoing the shirt/vest/earrings. Regardless for any Black Moon villain, I would have to get the earrings fixed (or buy new ones) as well as invest in spirit gum and a new crescent moon lol.

Though I do have a question regarding contacts/eyewear:

How do you guys who cosplay use contacts if you are a itty bitty afraid of sticking your finger in your eyes? (Long Story short - Ive worn glasses since i was 8, never really tried contacts..)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
Can I please bump my post? Everyone missed it and you seem like the people to answer:

http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30265

I won't post the whole thing twice, but if you want to help me out, here's the beginning:

Quote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on how cosplay and anime conventions work. I only...

http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30265

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases