Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: While I Am Proud to be a Moonie, I Hate this Fandom At Times
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
John wrote:
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
Pointing out Crystal’s ugly and cheap animation is just being objective.

This is very true.

But taking every single opportunity to point out Crystal's cheap animation -- even in threads that have nothing to do with Crystal -- means that the person in question, whoever it is, is looking to rile up other fans.

Another example is more hypothetical, so this didn't happen, but it pretty clearly illustrates the point. I recently made a Sera Myu thread asking why more people aren't into the musicals. If someone came in and said "Oh man, I can't be bothered to watch the musicals because I'm too distracted by how terrible Crystal is!" then it's not just someone being objective about the animation quality -- it's someone who is only interested in stirring up the fandom re: Crystal at every possible opportunity.

With Crystal Season III I actually point how how it's actually good/great, but to me it still pales compared to Sailor Moon S's.

I need to find time to watch the musicals, that's a reason why I'm not into them; I'm too busy with life... :blue:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I actually enjoyed Crystal Season III. I understand what you mean, Sailor Moon S did throughly develop the relationship between Haruka and Michiru.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
I actually enjoyed Crystal Season III. I understand what you mean, Sailor Moon S did throughly develop the relationship between Haruka and Michiru.

I enjoyed it too also, and like I did mention before (I think) it did improve on stuff from the manga (I like how they got rid of the "once they become Hostes they cannot be saved" thing because in the manga it makes it look like all the Sailors did was for naught). In my opinion comparing the two anime versions of Infinity:

Better Sailor Moon/Super Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon S

Better Inner Senshi (Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus): Sailor Moon S (Crystal still hasn't done them justice)

Better Sailor Pluto: Close call, but Sailor Moon Crystal Season III (she had good screentime and was used fine in S though)

Better Sailors Uranus and Neptune (Uranus was creepy and about as appealing as a stalker rapist. Sadly Neptune was just there, no character or personality): Sailor Moon S

Better Hotaru (Hotaru and Saturn I see as two separate characters in S/Infinity): Tie

Better Sailor Chibi Moon: I say Sailor Moon S, while is good in both, she feels more like a Sailor Soldier in there. In Crystal, Sailor Soldier form, she's more underplayed, and while she is nicer she doesn't fight a whole lot and doesn't leave too much of an impression.

Better Death Busters: Sailor Moon S

Better Sailor Saturn: Sailor Moon Crystal Season III (obviously, LOL, but 90's Saturn was cool too)

Better Art/Animation: Close call, but either a tie or Sailor Moon S, there's something about hand drawn animation that looks slightly superior but Toei did step up their game for season III.

Better Music: Sailor Moon S

Better Action Scenes: Both are great, but I'm going with Sailor Moon S (they have better pacing and are more creative/flashy with some elements, and the Inners are more useful there)

Better Story/Pacing: Sailor Moon S (S has 38 episodes to tell the story being an advantage, Crystal only has 13, and suffers, not fleshing out enough characters, and the story seems rushed, though at times in S, round about episodes 115-118, while they were great, the pacing did seem to slow a bit too much, but for S it feels like this is all something big the Sailors have to face)

Better Anime Overall: Sailor Moon S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:32 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ I loved the Inner Senshi in the original anime and live action tokusatsu. Crystal's Inner Senshi are flat and one-dimensional, they are dull comapred to their 90's and live action counterparts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
^ Same with me. They were much more competent in battle in those versions too...Crystal's, minus season III (part of it) can't fight for peanuts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I don't understand what it is about Crystal earlier seasons making the Senshi so disposable. Like you have to give Crystal credit for it's on the spot real time attacks. That sequence where Jupiter and Mars do the double attack on Zoisite was great but like one swoosh and the next thing I know, they are flat on the ground like last week's newspapers.

I suspect this is to put Sailor Moon in a more powerful light over the others. I mean, yeah it's her show but she would be nothing without her crew. Season 3 picked up the pace a little, but I quickly became disgusted when they were dispatched so easily by the Witches 5. The only one that put up a fight was Sailor Moon.

Also, Viluy's Moasic Buster is so overpowered. The best utilization of the Senshi was in the live action..The further you get down the better they get but the Senshi could fight on their own with SM present and even destroy you a on their own.

Next would be 90s. Once again the Senshi are seen destroying youma on their own. Mars kills a monster flat out on her debut episode. Jupiter has killed youma on her own. In fact all of the Senshi in the 90s have killed youma on their own.

In Crystal, only Jupiter has killed a youma by herself and the Outers.

What's the deal with Mars Snake Fire jumping power ranges in some episodes? One minute in can be deflected by Eduial and the Next minute it's stopping an attack by Cyprine, a witch so many times more stronger than Eduial herself. Go Mars.

Thankfully, S3 gave them all a few good moments but gravitated to much on SM's wand and Uranus sword. I did like S3 tho much better. It has some replay value.

And poor Neptune. Not only is she just there to be there, but her transformation hair flip looks so choppy like a real sea. I was sad.

I hope these dream movies don't literally put me to sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
^ I think they constantly made the Inners weak and useless in Crystal (unlike the 90's anime) as a frequent excuse for failing to come up with cogent, proper ways to develop and make them useful in battle. :x

That Mars and Jupiter vs Zoisite wasn't epic at all considering they got defeated quickly and those attacks despite their appearance looked weak, and not more powerful than the original at all, maybe they'd look more powerful if they, I dunno WORKED AND HARMED/KILLED ENEMIES!!!! :x :x :x

Yes, all the Sailors in the anime got to finish off a monster solo by themselves at least once, which is cool.

I haven't seen PGSM minus episode 1 and some clips here and there, but anyone who claims the Inners supposedly are "more useful/competent" in battle in Crystal than the 90's, I frankly must question their intelligence or if they've even the original anime, I once got into some argument with one guy who insulted me for trying to make valid points there (read the comments: I posted it earlier but may as well post it again): https://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoi ... 0mkcQFiyWA

Yeah, just laugh at me, don't actually read every word I say and treat me like an idiot because I have valid points, because apparently I'm a child who doesn't know what he's talking about, typical Pride Sider (and if you think both are good why are you trying to bring the original down to make Crystal look better?) :| :| :| :|

But considering they couldn't come up with valid points (yeah, the Inners did get up after they pathetically gave up but their generic looking Sailor Planet Attack which looked like a generic DBZ [no offense to that anime series] light blast didn't work, and still, them giving up just makes them), and never explained how it was "proven several times they were more useful in Crystal", I've learned that if fanboys (and the people who voted their comments up) can't come up with legitmate reasons to like/defend it (in this case, the first two seasons of Crystal, and no one really explained why they thought it was great other than "beautiful", which is vague), then there's a probably 99.999999999999999999999% chance whatever (they're obsessed with) they love is a turd. Whenever rabid Crystal fans tried to defend Crystal from my experience, no one offered anything even close to a valid counterargument, they acted like they didn't even pay attention to what I said or they just used lame excuses to try to cover up its faults (or the manga's faults). It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. :sick:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^ As much as I disliked Sailor Planet Attack in the original anime. I'm neutral about it in PGSM, as it was used only once (the Special Act). This is mainly due to adding Moon, who is a non-planetary Soldier. These versions, however, are better done than Crystal's versions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSpySedna wrote:
I haven't seen PGSM minus episode 1 and some clips here and there, but anyone who claims the Inners supposedly are "more useful/competent" in battle in Crystal than the 90's, I frankly must question their intelligence or if they've even the original anime, I once got into some argument with one guy who insulted me for trying to make valid points there (read the comments: I posted it earlier but may as well post it again): https://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoi ... 0mkcQFiyWA

The comments don't show at all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
^^ As much as I disliked Sailor Planet Attack in the original anime. I'm neutral about it in PGSM, as it was used only once (the Special Act). This is mainly due to adding Moon, who is a non-planetary Soldier. These versions, however, are better done than Crystal's versions.

While I'm fine with it, yes, I agree, it is odd they added Moon in there. I've seen a fan version where they added Fighter and I did ask the creator why as Fighter doesn't represent a planet or moon but a star.

rgveda99 wrote:
The comments don't show at all.

Huh? That's odd. Did it go to the Youtube page? Maybe they're gone or something...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 am 
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Class: Demon Lord
There's no difference between types of Senshi in universe. Its called Sailor Planet Attack because Sailor Space Object Attack doesn't qite sound as nice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSpySedna wrote:
FloraKiraraHime wrote:

I enjoyed it too also, and like I did mention before (I think) it did improve on stuff from the manga (I like how they got rid of the "once they become Hostes they cannot be saved" thing because in the manga it makes it look like all the Sailors did was for naught). In my opinion comparing the two anime versions of Infinity:

Better Sailor Moon/Super Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon S

Better Inner Senshi (Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus): Sailor Moon S (Crystal still hasn't done them justice)

Better Sailor Pluto: Close call, but Sailor Moon Crystal Season III (she had good screentime and was used fine in S though)

Better Sailors Uranus and Neptune (Uranus was creepy and about as appealing as a stalker rapist. Sadly Neptune was just there, no character or personality): Sailor Moon S
Better Hotaru (Hotaru and Saturn I see as two separate characters in S/Infinity): Tie

Better Sailor Chibi Moon: I say Sailor Moon S, while is good in both, she feels more like a Sailor Soldier in there. In Crystal, Sailor Soldier form, she's more underplayed, and while she is nicer she doesn't fight a whole lot and doesn't leave too much of an impression.

Better Death Busters: Sailor Moon S

Better Sailor Saturn: Sailor Moon Crystal Season III (obviously, LOL, but 90's Saturn was cool too)

Better Art/Animation: Close call, but either a tie or Sailor Moon S, there's something about hand drawn animation that looks slightly superior but Toei did step up their game for season III.

Better Music: Sailor Moon S

Better Action Scenes: Both are great, but I'm going with Sailor Moon S (they have better pacing and are more creative/flashy with some elements, and the Inners are more useful there)

Better Story/Pacing: Sailor Moon S (S has 38 episodes to tell the story being an advantage, Crystal only has 13, and suffers, not fleshing out enough characters, and the story seems rushed, though at times in S, round about episodes 115-118, while they were great, the pacing did seem to slow a bit too much, but for S it feels like this is all something big the Sailors have to face)

Better Anime Overall: Sailor Moon S

Hotaru is no more a separate person from Saturn then the other girl's Senshi guises are from them. Hotaru and Sailor Saturn are the same person.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:16 am 
Other: Class: Demon Lord
MariaTenebre wrote:
Hotaru is no more a separate person from Saturn then the other girl's Senshi guises are from them. Hotaru and Sailor Saturn are the same person.

I... Disagree here. Saturn is more like a force of nature that happens to live in Hotaru. When Hotaru reawakens in Stars, Saturn appears before her and grants her her power and memories.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Time Sage wrote:
There's no difference between types of Senshi in universe. Its called Sailor Planet Attack because Sailor Space Object Attack doesn't qite sound as nice

Understandable. :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:27 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SailorSpySedna wrote:
Huh? That's odd. Did it go to the Youtube page? Maybe they're gone or something...

Actually it showed up right now. Must be a glitch. :innocent:

It says 2 replies but its showing up only 1.

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I prefer the original anime, no matter how much they get beaten, the Sailor Senshi always stand right back up, and they don't give up no matter what happens, and no matter the cost, and they all got to work as a team here! Way better than any of the ☹ we see in Crystal when they constantly were getting worfed and unable to get back up after getting hit and they were so pathetically useless compared to the original versions. Wish it was the Japanese version, but oh well, it's got Karen Bernstein.

Quote:
Crystal is far better than the original. At least it follows the manga and actually has a story to it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
A common complaint
Fans of the 90's anime tend to insult Crystal and imply that Crystal fans know nothing about art or animation. My point is: if you like Crystal, then good for you. If people insult you or think poorly of you because you like Crystal, then that is their problem, not yours. As an individual, you don't need anyone's approval to enjoy or watch an anime. Most Crystal fans complain that they are misunderstood, but it seems to me that they are seeking validation from others from the fandom. Well, you don't need validation. I am not super crazy about Crystal as I am about the 90's anime, but I enjoyed Crystal's 2nd season and I thought that the 3rd season was an improvement over the two previous seasons. I don't care if others think poorly of me because I enjoyed watching Crystal. As flawed as it is, I enjoyed Crystal and my experience watching the anime is what matters. If people are not happy that I had fun watching while the 2nd and 3rd seasons, well, that is not my problem.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
SailorSpySedna wrote:

Actually it showed up right now. Must be a glitch. :innocent:

It says 2 replies but its showing up only 1.

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I prefer the original anime, no matter how much they get beaten, the Sailor Senshi always stand right back up, and they don't give up no matter what happens, and no matter the cost, and they all got to work as a team here! Way better than any of the ☹ we see in Crystal when they constantly were getting worfed and unable to get back up after getting hit and they were so pathetically useless compared to the original versions. Wish it was the Japanese version, but oh well, it's got Karen Bernstein.

Quote:
Crystal is far better than the original. At least it follows the manga and actually has a story to it

I see...it was with that guy "Shinobi Hex" whom I was talking to is what I meant, not the guy who was talking to me.

And that other comment, I don't know what they were thinking, the original anime had a story to it, did they even see the original anime (and Crystal following the manga is NO excuse for its flaws, it's just making the manga look bad and shows it has not aged well at all)? I don't think so... I replied to them telling them to speak for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SailorSpySedna wrote:
I see...it was with that guy "Shinobi Hex" whom I was talking to is what I meant, not the guy who was talking to me.

I see what you mean. He talks like that other former forum member here I mentioned before. I've had arguments similar to that one too. I didn't even bother reading all of his replies to know what kind of person he is. Not worth your time. People like that just want to win an argument and/or boost their ego.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
SailorSpySedna wrote:

I see what you mean. He talks like that other former forum member here I mentioned before. I've had arguments similar to that one too. I didn't even bother reading all of his replies to know what kind of person he is. Not worth your time. People like that just want to win an argument and/or boost their ego.

Yup. I just bid him farewell and blocked him, plus like a lot of Crystal fans (rabid ones by what I mean), not only did he act arrogant there, he didn't offer anything even close to a valid counterargument. "It's been proven several times they've been more useful in Crystal" is not an argument. "You threw your point out the window/whatever helps you sleep at night :lol:" is not an argument. "They are so useless smh" is not an argument (and like I said, even if the Inners did get up in act 10 it's still no excuse for them giving up before, so they still were useless there). Same thing applies for that other person who was defending them, and the Inners didn't get their butts kicked all the time in both versions. Best though if they and the 7 people who upvoted them (irritating I got none, making me feel like no one even bothers reading what I write and instead are just merely content with upvoting every positive Crystal review this movie has, no matter how weak of an argument/excuse it has) just stick to the (in my opinion) homogenized brand of Sailor Moon instead of the one with depth of character, actually mostly well paced story, good/wonderful artwork and animation and actual showing of the girls as competent, badass sailor suited warriors in it, they and the rabid fanboys are proving that whoever wrote/created Crystal had no imagination and assumed people would love any crap as long as it looked like Sailor Moon, in fact, if we do an experiment where we take all the Sailor Moon stuff out from this film and replace it with a different setting (say, a jungle one with anthro animals or something) and we'll realize that what we're left with is useless, cheap junk that no one will give a crap about. :neutral:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sheesh, those rabid Crystal fans don't want to listen to a proper, valid argument. So, I understand exactly what you were going through. That one forum member I mentioned a while back, she was female. She tried to defend the not-so-good animation of Crystal, claiming it was flawless, I said it wasn't. Then, she proceeded to say some harsh words towards certain members, yes, myself included (it's been disposed of).

This made me like Crystal less.

EDIT: This forum user described the fandom as "pathetic". Now, I agree that this fandom is not great. Though, she still attacked me, I'm trying hard to move on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Yikes, sorry to hear that happened to you (and sorry to sound harsh, but I don't think she knows what good art/animation is even if it smacked her in the head). That user reminds me of some Youtuber named Trini Dayana Rivera (one of the top 3 worst Crystal Defenders out there along with Miss LearningtheTruth and Yoon Ho, two other horrible users, and she has her own DA account too), who after she stalked me and harassed me, claimed the Sailor Moon fandom was "spoiled/POS fandom" like the Steven Universe fandom (please, that fandom's way, way worse), she called me a "nostalgia f@g" (typical Crystal Defender cry) and her stupid friend and her thought I was a "feminist". I made this in response: https://seiya-meteorite.deviantart.com/ ... -680912956 :|

If Trini from Power Rangers were real, she'd tell that Trini to go climb a tree or make her do it. I even did a rant on her once on Youtube but took it down (personal reasons though it's still on my computer). By the way you described that other horrible person, it brought that user to my recollection and I wonder if "Trini Dayana Rivera" is her... :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
. She tried to defend the not-so-good animation of Crystal, claiming it was flawless, I said it wasn't. .

Lol how far in denial do you have to be to say Crystal's animation is flawless? It's ugly looking the, with lazy character designs that make the characters look anorexic and alien and the actual animation is cheap.

And look as a fan of the 90s anime I'm hardly in the room to talk. That had cheap animation too that relied way to heavily on stock footage and looping the same animation over. But I'm not going to pretend it's flawless either

SailorSpySedna wrote:
and her stupid friend and her thought I was a "feminist".

Considering Sailor Moon has feminist messages of female empowerment and the strength of girls and femininity it's a bit odd for a Sailor Moon fan to use feminist as a insult. I mean shoot Sailor Team no Theme and Moon Pride are about as feminist as they come (ironic in Moon Pride's case given Crystal's treatment to the inners but hey)

I mean granted Crystal reduces the inner soldiers to being defined by their relationship with the four kings and removes their bad @$$ moments in the manga.

Quote:
If Trini from Power Rangers were real, she'd tell that Trini to go climb a tree or make her do it. ?

lolwut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ Well, despite, the original anime's animation, it still looked more beautiful than that of Crystal seasons 1 and 2. I actually pretty much liked the 90's stock footage.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:
Fans of the 90's anime tend to insult Crystal and imply that Crystal fans know nothing about art or animation.

That's because some Crystal fans make outrageous claims like insisting that obviously disproportionate designs are somehow anatomically correct or that off-model shots aren't so or that limited movement is high-quality animation. It's one thing to prefer a particular aesthetic or style - that's subjective - but certain aspects of artistic creation such as anatomy or animation principles are objective and can be measured and quantified. To claim otherwise is simply false.

LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
How far in denial do you have to be to say Crystal's animation is flawless? It's ugly looking with lazy character designs that make the characters look anorexic and alien and the actual animation is cheap.

So, true! I wouldn't even characterize the '90s anime as "flawless" let alone the flaming pile of garbage that is Crystal.

LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
I mean granted Crystal reduces the inner soldiers to being defined by their relationship with the four kings and removes their bad @$$ moments in the manga.

That's one of my major issues with Crystal. It magnified the manga's shortcomings by removing little character moments and interactions that added to the overall characterization.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
SailorSpySedna wrote:

With Crystal Season III I actually point how how it's actually good/great, but to me it still pales compared to Sailor Moon S's.

:

I honestly didn’t think much of Sailor Moon S (let’s juxtapose a really dark storyline about the end of the world and sacrificing lives for the greater good with the stupidest looking monsters of the day up to this point) and far preferred the manga storyline. I’m somewhat tempted to look past Crystal’s ugliness to give season 3 a go

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I can't stand all the hatred that Crystal gets. Mainly it's because of the rabid Crystal defenders/manga purists and the people who constantly bring up Crystal's worst qualities in conversations that aren't even about Crystal. Some of them just act stuckup and snarky and think they're better than everyone while others resort to picking Crystal apart frame by frame and subtitle by subtitle. :o I don't hate Crystal, I like it, but I don't love it. Either way, the Crystal hatred and bashing needs to stop. :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 am 
Luna
Luna
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
. Either way, the Crystal hatred and bashing needs to stop. :o

People are allowed to hate and bash Crystal as long as it doesn’t extend to fans of Crystal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Another thing that bothers me is cyberbullying in the Sailor Moon community. I've seen admins of forums and facebook groups and pages cyberbully other Sailor Moon fans just for having a different opinion than them. I really wish that something could be done in this case. Cause from 2013 - 2015 I was a victim of cyberbullying in a Sailor Moon community. :o Also, the fact that all the big fansites have twitter cliques and refuse to talk to anyone outside of there cliques is very rude and it makes other people feel excluded. :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
SailorSpySedna wrote:
and her stupid friend and her thought I was a "feminist".

Considering Sailor Moon has feminist messages of female empowerment and the strength of girls and femininity it's a bit odd for a Sailor Moon fan to use feminist as a insult. I mean shoot Sailor Team no Theme and Moon Pride are about as feminist as they come (ironic in Moon Pride's case given Crystal's treatment to the inners but hey)

Quote:
If Trini from Power Rangers were real, she'd tell that Trini to go climb a tree or make her do it. ?

lolwut[/quote]
Yeah, it's odd, and about the thing with the tree, I was joking and such.

Yeah, while the original anime had a low budget too and stock footage too, it still looked beautiful and was really good quality, and looked less low budget as it went on...I wouldn't say "cheap" for it overall as it was still quite good/great looking for a 90's TV anime even though it wasn't Studio Ghibli great.

Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
I can't stand all the hatred that Crystal gets. Mainly it's because of the rabid Crystal defenders/manga purists and the people who constantly bring up Crystal's worst qualities in conversations that aren't even about Crystal. Some of them just act stuckup and snarky and think they're better than everyone while others resort to picking Crystal apart frame by frame and subtitle by subtitle. :o I don't hate Crystal, I like it, but I don't love it. Either way, the Crystal hatred and bashing needs to stop. :o

LifeGaveMeLemons has a point, people can hate Crystal and bash on it if they want to, as long as they don't attack fans for liking it. But I do agree, I wish the cyberbullying should stop, sorry to hear that happened to you (I got cyberbullied hard too, in 2014/2015).

LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:

I honestly didn’t think much of Sailor Moon S (let’s juxtapose a really dark storyline about the end of the world and sacrificing lives for the greater good with the stupidest looking monsters of the day up to this point) and far preferred the manga storyline. I’m somewhat tempted to look past Crystal’s ugliness to give season 3 a go

Season III actually isn't ugly, trust me. But the story to me wasn't that good compared to S, the conflict with the Inners and Outers felt contrived there, Uranus and Neptune felt more unlikable there, Hotaru being a cyborg was executed poorly, it didn't really move the story forward too much considering she turns into Mistress 9 shortly afterwards, it didn't help with her character growth or leave much of an impact; same thing with Venus being disguised as the Princess in manga act one,
Spoiler: show
and Kakyuu as a Sailor Soldier
and the Inner Senshi got pushed to the sidelines in there again (and let's not get started on how they were handled against the Witches 5 there)...plus the way they had it revealed "once a character gets their Hoste taken like those girls and cat in the first acts they can't be saved" made it look like all the previous battles were for naught.

Last edited by SailorSpySedna on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
As a crystal fan .I'm sorry you goy bully . but I would be lying rto say the other side is good too. As a crystal fan watching it . I rember the anti side aalso being bullies themselves . I reember people saying if you like Crystal your anit women, homophobic. I remember the wrath of tumbrl that made me not like 90 s anie that much anymore . Reality no side s perfect ,both have arrogant , mean nasty disgusting people. To me, if you don't like the manga alsright. If you don't like the 90 s anime alright. It is your opinion which one is better it is not a fact which one is better I which we as fanbase we can except that but we can't

As for bashing there is difference between bashing,and criticim. The probulum I been seeing around here can not take criticism of their favor version. I mean if you ask most of the crystal fans . They will agrree Crystal is far from perfect, and has flaws.I think most 90 s fans could even ahree the 90 s anime isn't perfect either . Than you these rabid ones who you must see are way . Who act like their opinion is law . Who would attack others , and the version they don't like to make themselves be better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next