* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon OCs thread!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:14 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Feel free to share your Sailor Moon original characters here!!

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon OCs thread!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Well, I don't really have an OC of 'myself' for the setting; I'm more the type to glom onto a specific canonical character and go getting weird ideas about them based on comparatively minor details ^_^' Or to identify myself by my own characters for my own settings.

But as far as characters I've made up to be in the Sailor Moon setting for fanfic reasons, I have a few for my current project. They're all minor side characters who don't appear too much. They may be subject to future rewrites.

If anyone wants to borrow these ideas, feel free :) I'm not gonna be all "don't steal" over derivative fanfic characters that slot logically into existing details/mythological notes. (Credit would be nice/polite, but I wouldn't make a big deal about that either.)

--- Several "Neo-Youmas", a new type of youmas that appear in the 31st century.

No anime-based Sailor Moon story is complete without a handful of goofy one-off monsters, right?

I've got a seafood themed one named Calamiry, a recording studio equipment one named Talint, a flame-faced professor assassin named Takeaut who's Talint's brother, a goofy shadow bird with googly eyes loosely inspired by "The Giant Claw" called Shadwinger, a 3D vector-model laser shooting lady on a boat with propellor hands called Raycastaway, and a matrioshka doll-type stack of garbage cans with lamprey mouths called Wastedeader.

--- Prince Endymion's parents in the Golden Kingdom, King Aethlius and Queen Calyce.

A bit of a Wikipedia investigation reveals that these are the most consistent names for Endymion's parents besides Zeus, and Zeus is like, everybody's dad in greek mythology so I try not to use Zeus for anything (besides, Zeus is a creep). They only get a few scenes, but I have a backstory built up about them.

Aethlius looks a lot like Mamoru, but he has slightly more hair in the back, grows a beard, goes gray, is a king, etc. Back when he was still Prince, Aethlius went on an adventure to reclaim the kingdom after his father (the even more sketchy background character King Aeolus- it was that or Zeus) was killed in a civil conflict started by usurping nobles, and then tried to implement a more egalitarian system and start up an alliance with Silver Millennium, working with them on a plan to fix up the Earth's geomancy (Crystal Points) to enable their longevity techniques to work on the people of Earth... good luck with that, ol' buddy.

Speaking of which, they were once friends with Beryl when she was a teenager, and she helped on their (mostly offscreen) adventures. Surely nothing can go wrong.

Calyce has pink hair and red eyes, worn in a style sort of like Mamoru's in front but long and wide in the back. As queen she wears a fancy robe, dress, and hennin hat, but as a peasant she absically dressed like a Japanese peasant, with a long skirt and gray robe. Back then, she rescued Prince Aethlius and assisted in his adventures, before she even knew he was the prince. It didn't make much difference once she found out; she just laughed at him and they pretty much still fell in love, and saved the kingdom together. She forms an (entirely platonic) friendship with Helios and, like Aethlius, is able to use the Golden Crystal, and is the first to receive the Stallion Reve.

Calyce was especially sad about Beryl becoming, shall we say, more distant. She also has an important scene with her during a big conclusive battle.

I have awful looking first-draft sketches of these two, but I'm waiting to show any pictures until I draw them proper, because I'm saving most of the drawings for this story until after the writing is done. It's most of the way there, but the ending isn't quite done and there's a lot more editing to do so that it's not a doorstop. (Ideally, I might make some kind of comic of it, or illustrated manuscript.)

--- Princess Serenity's father / Queen Serenity's beloved, Hyperion.

It gets hard to name greek mythological figures without constantly coming back around to Zeus or Helios. Anyway, Hyperion appears even less than the above in my story (as he is mostly dead), but the story goes that he fell in love with Queen Serenity and they conceived a child, but before he could properly be crowned king consort he died helping her in a desperate fight to re-seal Queen Metallia. Princess Serenity was born soon after, and Queen Serenity raised her alone (with the help of the entire palace of course, especially Luna).

I picture him being an adult with wild mid-length blonde hair and blue eyes, with a bit of a foolish and clumsy streak, wearing some kind of robes. I haven't drawn a sketch for him yet though.

--- Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon's daughter, Sailor Chibi Metal Caterpillar.

I decided to incorporate Heavy Metal Papillon into the anime version of the animamates, as their leader who (along with he daughter) had her star seed taken by Galaxia when she refused to join her. ("Heavy Metal", rather than some specific metal, sounds leader-y to me.)

I know the character more from the Wikimoon article and The Materials Collection, but the animamates are so heavily rewritten that I think it's okay to reinterpret her. However, of particular note, the Materials Collection mentions that she has a daughter- but this character was never described or seen anywhere.

I also like the idea of a distant relation between Papillon and Kakyuu, given the mutual butterfly theme, so I'm claiming the Animamates' homeworld (tentatively called "Anima"; better name pending?) once had a connection with Kinmoku, the Starlights' homeworld.

Basically, she's a really little kid (somewhere between Chibi Chibi's toddler-ness, and the youngest we saw of Chibi-usa) who is able to transform and help out a little bit, but not very much. She wears a suit that covers her up a lot more than the other animamates, sort of like a padded hoodie with a caterpillar tail hanging off the back. Her main color is green, since that color wasn't taken and suits caterpillars.

--- Nehellenia's dog, Cerberus.

I read on Wikimoon that Nehellenia might be based on Nehalennia, about whom one of the only consistently known details is that she's often depicted with a dog at her side.

So basically, post-Sailor-Stars timeline rewrite Nehellenia makes friends with this talking dog from the asteroid kingdom, similar to how there are talking cats on the moon/Planet Mau. He's basically just her helper/advisor, although he has a 'super' transformation where he grows two extra heads. He's not much better in a fight than Luna and Artemis even with that, though.

--- The Xenian Root.

The Xenian flowers and flower youmas all stem from a common source, a being on-tier with the likes of Queen Metallia and Death Phantom. It's not particularly friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:58 am 
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Class: Demon Lord
These guys are canon to the SubSen RP, but I'm proud of em so I'm gonna share em here. While the charcters are mine, the art is not. The design of the first one was however done by me via a Senshi Creator, the second one was designed and drawn by one of our members for my existing charcter when they got a new outfit in-universe

Sailor Halley: Her hair and ribbons are designed to evoke the tail of a comet. She's the Senshi of Tempeture. She works best as support, adjusting other's attacks via tempture control. She has one attack, Halley Comet Smash, which is her kicking up a cloud of dust, freezing it solid, and droping it on the enemy's head.

This character came about when I was curious "What if a Senshi was trans?". Allow me to introduce, Andrea "Andy" Dioli. He's of Italian descent so while Andrea was his birth name, he kept it in honor of his late grandfather, (Andrea being a male name in Italy, and his grandfather was a US immigrant from Italy) the only member of his family who supported his self identity. He was orginally Sailor Fransisco, a moon of Uranus, however in SS canon, the original senshi have stepped aside and retired. He was empowered by Chibi-Usa (or rather Serenity III) via the silver Crystal to take Haruka's place as (Neo) Sailor Uranus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Time Sage wrote:
These guys are canon to the SubSen RP, but I'm proud of em so I'm gonna share em here. While the charcters are mine, the art is not. The design of the first one was however done by me via a Senshi Creator, the second one was designed and drawn by one of our members for my existing charcter when they got a new outfit in-universe

Sailor Halley: Her hair and ribbons are designed to evoke the tail of a comet. She's the Senshi of Tempeture. She works best as support, adjusting other's attacks via tempture control. She has one attack, Halley Comet Smash, which is her kicking up a cloud of dust, freezing it solid, and droping it on the enemy's head.

This character came about when I was curious "What if a Senshi was trans?". Allow me to introduce, Andrea "Andy" Dioli. He's of Italian descent so while Andrea was his birth name, he kept it in honor of his late grandfather, (Andrea being a male name in Italy, and his grandfather was a US immigrant from Italy) the only member of his family who supported his self identity. He was orginally Sailor Fransisco, a moon of Uranus, however in SS canon, the original senshi have stepped aside and retired. He was empowered by Chibi-Usa (or rather Serenity III) via the silver Crystal to take Haruka's place as (Neo) Sailor Uranus.

I love your Senshi, Time Sage. They are both great characters. ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
I'll post my OCs from my Sailor Moon X fanfiction! \o/ I've been playing around on the doll maker Sailor Doom pointed to me and I've been having a lot of fun 'fine tuning' the appearance on my characters. I say fine tuning because the opinions are surprisingly limited for the looks I'm going for. But anyway, Nari Asanuma and Chiyo Akemi, Makoto and Setsuna's daughters.

Nari Asanuma, born from Makoto Kino and her husband Ittou Asanuma, is the millennial Sailor Jupiter - a bright young girl with an interest in science. As the fanfiction continues Sailor Jupiter plays a supportive role in battle, her special attack 'Shocking Wave' sends a blast of lightning along the ground by slamming her Lightning Spear into the ground, paralyzing enemies with electricity.

Chiyo Akemi, born from Dr. Setsuna Meioh and Dr. Saburo Akemi, is the millennial Sailor Pluto - a Lolita goth chick with a keen sense of observation and an interest in the macabre. As the fanfiction continues Sailor Pluto plays an aggressive role in battle, the use of her dual swords provide a more active front line role in slaying enemies.

A side note - stated in the fanfiction Chiyo's appearance is very different here. Both Nari and Chiyo wear long skirts rather than the standard short skirts. In the case of Chiyo her skirt is in fact a true Lolita style skirt, dark green with maroon lace and stitched patterns on it. Chiro's glove are made of a material with a metallic look and her tiara is in fact shaped like a crown studded with the same garnet stone along the front side. Additionally Chiyo's hair is black with a dark red ombre look designed to look like blood staining.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I absolutely love your OCs, chrissifniotis! I love how you styled Chiyo's hair! :love: :love:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well probably my lead new Senshi in my fan fiction isn't actually an OC but a canon character I made into a Sailor Senshi. I had the idea to introduce Hina Kusaka to the 90s anime canon and make her into a Sailor Sun. This would really fit as both her given name and surname have characters that have the meaning of the Sun like Usagi and Mamoru's names have characters in them that have the meaning of the Moon and Earth respectively. I always stated that I wished that Hina could have been made into Sailor Sun on PGSM. For one the Sun is the only major celestial object in the Solar System that was never given a Senshi and I also thought that it would have made some great meat to the Usagi/Mamoru/Hina love triangle. Plus I think that she would have been a much better original Senshi then the whole Sailor Luna fiasco.

https://mariatenebre.deviantart.com/art ... -399289615

I also gave her some Guardian Senshi who each have a counterpart to the Sailor Moon's Senshi and Tuxedo Mask's Shitennou.

https://mariatenebre.deviantart.com/art ... -555289038

https://mariatenebre.deviantart.com/art ... -555795436

https://mariatenebre.deviantart.com/art ... -556065099

https://mariatenebre.deviantart.com/art ... -556986576

I will post more later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
I absolutely love your OCs, chrissifniotis! I love how you styled Chiyo's hair! :love: :love:

Thank you. ^.^ Obviously I have more to come but I'll release them as the fanfiction continues.
>>
<<

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am very much in support of transgender elements (besides just the Sailor Starlights, who if I had to guess seem to be genderfluid), as I have some, ah, personal involvement in such matters. Anyway, Andy is pretty cool!

Sailor Halley is a fun idea too. If Palla and Ceres and whatnot have Senshi, then why not? She seems like a cool take on the concept (no pun intended, what with the temperature control and smashy ice).

Nari Asanuma/Sailor Jupiter is cute; Makoto and Ittou make a cute couple. :keke: But was she ever "Sailor Chibi Jupiter" in her youth?

I also like how Chiyo's hair hangs over one eye, that's a cool look. (Sailor Halley's hair, too.) But who's Dr. Saburo Akemi, is he also an OC? I couldn't find him on Wikimoon.

I still need to get around to (and ahold of) PGSM, but Hina Kusaka as Sailor Sun, and her guardians, all look cool and very distinctive styles; they would stand out from all the existing characters as much as the Animamates did, while still looking definitely like Sailor Senshi from our Solar System. Also, I pretty much always approve of dolphins. :)

...if we're also talking about new spins on canonical characters, I have a few ideas of my own, heh heh heh...
Lieutenant Ullmannite, from my not-yet-released fanfic 'Serenity & Vitriol' (working title), the same story as those characters in my earlier post.

I also have some ideas about the 'Sailor Sun' concept, but I'd rather wait until I release the story to explain that. It pertains to Queen Metallia being inside the sun, though, so let's just say it's a bit complicated...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Mitsukara wrote:

Nari Asanuma/Sailor Jupiter is cute; Makoto and Ittou make a cute couple. :keke: But was she ever "Sailor Chibi Jupiter" in her youth?

I also like how Chiyo's hair hangs over one eye, that's a cool look. (Sailor Halley's hair, too.) But who's Dr. Saburo Akemi, is he also an OC? I couldn't find him on Wikimoon.

Nah never. Nari assumes her role in the fanfic at the age of fourteen, much like the inners. Yeah, Chiyo's appearance was always meant to be striking but I'm not that happy with the swath of hair. It's not meant to curl so much as simply cover most of the left side of her face in a straight diagonal down to her cheek, but you still get a similar effect so I'm okay with it. Dr. Akemi is an original character for Setsuna; he worked in the government space facility when he found Setsuna in a bar. Their meeting led to her also working for the building that would become JAXA - Japan's NASA - and she became instrumental in many space projects.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:43 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
my main OC I made in my one and only SM fic that I've been working on since 2009 and still working on to this day who my username is from - Prince Vartan Rose:

He is the prince of the rose kingdom in planet Gulay - the name means rosemoon in turkish

in my story he met princess serenity first as kids they grew up together and fell in love and the pocket watch Chiba ends up with was originally Rose's a family heirloom. An ancient evil awoke in Rose's home planet by a mysterious cloaked woman holding "the Black Crystal" which in the future is the same crystal used by the black moon clan anyways what is unknown to the awoken evil is the cloaked woman is actually a part of chaos that split from chaos during Galaxia sealing at the sailor wars in disguise calling itself Usha.

The one who awoke is Sorceress Damia a pawn of Usha that was sealed 500 years ago by the knights of Gulay [male non sailor warriors who protected the planet under the king's orders at the time no longer exist by the time rose is born] anyways Damia was told to use toss the crystal into the sun and let things take a natural course while Damia herself must take the golden crystal from earth, the idea is to take over all the universe with all the great crystals, Rose possesses the barasuishou/Rose Crystal of course given to him by his Father the king of Gulay after completing his training since Gulayan royalty must be fit to protect the planet should need be.

Basically Damia goes to the sun throws the black crystal into it awakening none other than Metalia while she goes to golden kingdom Rose sees this while visiting Serenity recognizes Damia from historical documents from his library since as future king he must know history of his planet - sees her and tells serenity he must go, gives her the watch knowing the possibility he may not be able to return
tells her not to wait for him instead if he doesn't return to find happiness with that goes off Damia attacks Golden kingdom shittenou protect it Rose appears and teams up with Endymion and show Damia one four P-:

Damia escapes and Rose tells endy to look after the moon princess for him and goes to finish Damia himself, on an island the two meet and have a last battle it seems they both go all out until Rose delivers final blow and Damia the sneaky devil opens a portal that sucks Rose in and ends up in an alternate universe future modern tokyo where neither the senshi nor dark kingdom is reborn but Damia has influence meanwhile in the past things take their course Endy meets serenity they fall in love Beryl is jealous Metalia makes her evil she attacks Endy's kingdom shittenou and earth soldiers become evil run a muck eventually the moon attack happens yadda yadda yadda and everyone is reborn in what I call timeline A Rose is in timeline B

and there's tons more but basically Rose is my main character and eventually there is a timeline C where he and Usagi are together

I'd post more about it but the rest becomes X-rated since Damia and Usha specialize in stealing Lust energy P-:

Attachments:
rsej.jpg
rsej.jpg [ 183.24 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
He's great!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:52 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always love Rose's story. It's so incredible. It's filled with a lot of his history. I enjoy it alot.

Thanks and write back,
Rachael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Crikey Rose, that's an intriguing story. Are there any threads or links to it here? I'd like to give it a read when I give myself some time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Wow, I didn't realize there was that much story behind the Prince Rose character you've mentioned elsewhere, but that sounds kinda cool! I like that you put more thought into the whole "Rose Crystal" thing from Another Story, too.

Also, cool Naru/Nephrite signature picture, Sailor Crystal Moonlight :)

These Senshi Maker portraits have inspired me to attempt to render King Aethlius and Queen Calyce (described earlier in the thread) in Senshi Maker 3.0:
I don't know if it's really apparent, but that thing on Calyce's head is supposed to be a hennin (those long cone-shaped 'princess hats') with a crown around the base. Calyce's dress is also a little too frilly here (it should be more robe-like on the green parts). Also, Aethlius should have a bit more of a long coat kinda thing and a long tunic (like the Shitennou's longer tunics), but I couldn't find a way to do that in the editor.

Basically I went a little nuts trying to get their clothes to be things Senshi Maker wasn't really designed for, so they're kinda rough approximations ^_^' (and when I draw them, I want to draw the whole thing properly like with Ullmannite up above, not edit the pictures I made in Senshi Maker.) Since they're supposed to be in the pre-fall Golden Kingdom, I just used Senshi Maker's Dark Kingdom background and put a ton of the light effect options on it XD

For the younger versions, when Calyce was a peasant and Aethlius was prince, Calyce would basically be wearing something kind of like the woman on the left in this picture, and Aethlius would look just like Prince Endymion, but with slightly longer hair in the back (no beard yet) and a more red-gold-gray color scheme to his armor.