* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailormoon S Famicom Tutorial
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
8) =^_^= 8)

Post subject: Re: Sailormoon S Famicom Tutorial
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Hey guys,

I was just wandering through my Youtube analytics and saw that a couple of views came from here for this video. Thanks for the link!

I hope anyone interested in playing this gets something out of the video beyond just button mashing a fighter, because IMO this is the most interesting Sailor Moon video game out there. I play a load of fighters so I may be biased though.

If you guys have any questions beyond what I put into the video, please ask here. I'll keep monitoring this site/thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's an amazing yet simple fighting game. 8)

I played it as much as Street Fighter Alpha 2 back in the 90's. It was a great time to be a 90's kid. ^_^

I'm actually planning on making a mugen game inspired from this and replacing the graphics with the arcade game. =^_^=

I'm actually quite surprised there's still interest in the fighting game community to play this game at EVO even to this day. I remember posting an interview video of Yipes (I think) mentioning he'll play :mihiru: if there's a tournament in EVO.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Yeah, I talked to Yipes last year and he was down for it. But we didn't have a setup that I saw anywhere.

The thing is, I'm purchasing some Un☹ed UD-USB decoders for my SNES, and found a schematic to roll your own SNES pad.

With that schematic + the decoders, I will have a SNES that will accept modern USB sticks and pads so people can use what they are used to. I'm also bringing this to Evo 2018, so there will be a setup there and I intend to run a tournament of this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Are you guys planning on a livestream or a recording of the matches on twitch or youtube?

And will the matches have the regular input commands by default or the beginner/easy mode?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
There will definitely be livestreams. We will also be trying to livestream from Toronto weekly tournaments as well as the scene here is starting to investigate the game. I will also archive matches on my channel on Youtube

I've also discovered that Dolphin has online play for this game and will be showing how to set that up in another tutorial. I plan on doing online casuals on my twitch (http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk) and am considering doing an online tournament or two for it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Looks like Team Spooky did a tournament 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
We had a huge Sailor Moon S side tournament at Canada Cup over the weekend. We had 22 players, including Japanese Super Street Fighter II Turbo legend KOEMON in attendance.

Was definitely the highlight of the event for me. I also made Top 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gre5FMYprkw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Missing Person wrote:
We had a huge Sailor Moon S side tournament at Canada Cup over the weekend. We had 22 players, including Japanese Super Street Fighter II Turbo legend KOEMON in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gre5FMYprkw

At least the Fighting Game Community still has interest in this game.

Missing Person wrote:
Was definitely the highlight of the event for me. I also made Top 8.

Congrats. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:25 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
WOW!!! :circles:

Someone donated 500 dollars at the last minute. :ohmy:

There's really strong interest having this game at EVO for next year.

Edit:
Same dude added another 500 dollars just a few minutes later. :circles:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:31 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Sadly, those were fake donations from some troll that thought it was hilarious. Took advantage of Losers and Grand Finals getting played on Bizhawk after we lost our TV due to the rental place on the CRTs absconding with the CRT we used, so I couldn't check Stream Alerts.

But we got a load of publicity from various avenues, including /r/Kappa who is apparently a strong supporter of this title. Definitely was still the best stream I've ever had and one of the most successful tournaments this game has had in the west.

Also going to start streaming this game weekly at our Toronto weekly tournaments. Make sure to follow if you're wanting to watch: http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:35 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Oh yeah, and Easy Mode inputs are banned in tournament, those are really the only bans. Even the Uranus infinite is legal...but then it can be hard to find the opening to do, and if you botch up one crouch input, it's gone.

It took me a bit to find the secret to doing it is to do crouch heavy punch, dash forward then move the stick to down back. If you do down forward then it often counts it as a fireball input due to the input being forward, down forward, down + punch. So the best solution is to avoid down forward altogether and do down back. Using that, I'm up to about 12 reps in training, 4 max in casuals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
This is so cool. :cool:

Part 1

Part 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Wow. I haven't even finished the Stun City Tournament yet. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
More Stun City :usagi: matches @2:50.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:08 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
As soon as I get back on the Windows partition of my computer, I'll upload the prelim matches of that tournament as well!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:14 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
It's great to see some new faces and finally players using both :mihiru: and :setsuna:.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:47 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Neptune should never go underused, she's really solid. Pluto is pretty booty in this game lol. I can understand the underutilization of her, but then Chibi is just as bad and she oversaturates tournament in Toronto so I guess Pluto deserves some air time as well.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/11/24/shoryuk ... or-moon-s/

Here's a full write-up on the game I was able to do as part of my work. The game keeps picking up steam, so it's great to promote it further.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Great article. ^_^

I suggest putting the word 'SNES' or 'Super Famicom' in the title or description so the videos will be easy to search in the youtube search engine.

:setsuna: has a pretty good anti-air normal. Her standing HP (far). Really good against opponents who love to jump.

Also if timed right her strong Dead Scream can cancel :rei:'s Mars Snake Fire desperation. Although not really something one should do.

One thing I noticed in the tournament is people having trouble with :chibiusa:'s Luna-P Shower. They don't even back dash cancel from it. Also not many are doing air grabs. That's another thing that makes the game fun.

Is :mako:'s SPD corner lockdown illegal? Characters that don't have anti-airs are vulnerable to this tactic. So that includes :setsuna:, :haruka:, :rei: and :chibiusa:. The only way out of this is if the opponent makes a mistake or if the opponent doesn't time it right andyou back dash out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
All things are legal in the game outside of Auto input mode. So Jupiter SPD is legal, but the thing is, and if you watch matches against Uranus, reversal backdash beats SPD. Actually I think even Moon can forward dash out of it, because I've seen Apollo do that in NYC in corner traps. The better and more guaranteed damage for corner traps with Jupiter comes from her lightning pillar, so you'll see that more. Unessential is trying to perfect the corner pressure with that right now, so expect some of that eventually.

You're right about Pluto's standing HP, I hadn't really seen that used until Wednesday when Roberto used it and it worked. Definitely faster than crouching HP which I always thought would be her go to anti-air.

As far as Luna P? I think people are forgetting how lenient the game input window is and trying to do it too fast. Most people don't bdc into it because if you do it point blank, she does have recovery that can get punished on block. Even full screen JimmyBones was getting me with guard cancel fireball off the last hit on my recovery. So the best approach is for most characters to do guard cancelled back dash after the first hit and mash it, and with some characters you can guard cancel fireball which will likely kill her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:30 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Looks like some tension between Italdan and Kyon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:59 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
It was more like tension between Unessential and Kyon, and I'm still not even sure what happened.

I think there was pre-existing salt from Kyon that just boiled over offstream, so it was bizarre.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:49 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi

@Missing Person Does the game feel like what could have been a KOF game inside an SF2 game just without the rolls/dodge?

I think that's what makes the game fun. It has the simplicity of an SF2/SFA game(simple to do combos with alpha counters) with some KOF94 mechanics added into it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Gave me a reason to finally log in on my twitch account.

:usagi: tournament starts at the last 40 or 50 minutes. Not much players today.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207340480

Also the hentai :usagi: community are still active. :cthulhu:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:18 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi