Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 2009 Destiny Revival - PGSM Collection
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
For those of you who don't read the Destiny Revival Website often, I'll copy in the latest news concerning Destiny Revival here:

I have some news to share with you guys concerning Destiny Revival.

The biggest news today is we have a new console that have joined our ranks, introducing the Sony Playstation 3!

Image (For all who are wondering, no this isn't a real Playstation 3, but it'd be cool to have one like that huh?)

I have received one of these behemoths from Canada and I'm ready to get to work on porting Sailor Moon S and Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon over to it post-haste! How Pretty Guardian will work on the PS3 will be discussed later. Now for the other bit of news.

The other big news I have is that I have decided to do some "Spring Cleaning" on all of the games released thus far. Some games might receive more maintenance than the others but the main thing I'm going to be changing however is the name of the games. They will no longer have "Plus" in the game. However, they will now be renamed to match Naoko Takeuchi's Millenium Revival first started with the manga series.

From this day forth, the games will be renamed as follows:

Code Name: Sailor V = Code Name: Sailor V
Sailor Moon Plus = Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic
Sailor Moon R Plus = Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S Plus = Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon S
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon = Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

The games will be re-released in the next few months as "Collection Editions." The reason why I've done this is because, to be frank, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is taking longer than I would like and I want still want fans to know that I appreciate the loyality that you have given us for the past few years so, why not give you, the player and follower, the best that my team can offer by releasing optimized versions of the games which will add plenty of fixes or updates. Some games might even get new characters! It's up to you to find out who will get the new heroines and heroes!

Post subject: Re: 2009 Destiny Revival News
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
I think it would be a best to keep the names as they were with Plus in the names, simply because the games are styled like the anime, not the manga or live action.

It also makes it odd to have the plain Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon game as well as a Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:18 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm fine with both versions of the titles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
I love this idea, Tommy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:28 pm 
inactive
Chains Of Fate wrote:
I think it would be a best to keep the names as they were with Plus in the names, simply because the games are styled like the anime, not the manga or live action.

It also makes it odd to have the plain Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon game as well as a Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic.

That may be true but you're missing a point here. The Pretty Guardian manga re-release does address the R, S, Super S and Sailor Stars Arcs. I'd just be doing the same thing. Plus...I want to push my games even further than they were in the past.

They will play very similar to Code Name: Sailor V both in gameplay and enemy AI. 'Plus' simply doesn't suffice any more. **Spoiler Alert** Also, did you see how I linked up PGSM into CN:SV with the music? That was intentional. **End Spoiler Alert** It was to give the official Pretty Guardian game the branch off it needed to follow my story line that I've set in the past with Classic and R.

Now with me approaching these games as re-releases, I can truly bridge together all 5 games and possibly a 6th if done correctly. I tried setting up that "6th game" in Code Name Sailor V but it might be a while before it sees the light of day since it's not directly connected to Destiny Revival and it's being done by a good friend of mine. (If you play close attention to the forum, you know which game I'm talking about)

I know all of you are mixed on my decision to rename the games but you just have to bare with me.

As a present, here's the updated logos for PGSM Classic, PGSM R, and PGSM S!!!

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon R

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 65 months ago
inactive
I have a couple of questions as a matter of curiosity: Does the "So many PGSMs!" choice constitute a "No." vote like the "No, keep Plus in the name." choice? If so, would you still consider it a separate vote?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
I've choosed "So many PGSM", because I hate PGSM...
I'm for the classic: "Bishoujo Senshi Seeera Muuuun" (BSSM)...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
Siroh32 wrote:
I have a couple of questions as a matter of curiosity: Does the "So many PGSMs!" choice constitute a "No." vote like the "No, keep Plus in the name." choice? If so, would you still consider it a separate vote?

I voted this choice, being quite neutral to the change of name, it's just something that really came to mind seeing these names ^_^
So, for me at least, it was not really a "no", it was a "I don't mind either way", but I don't know about the others.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 am 
inactive
Siroh32 wrote:

Well, I put that there because I was thinking of the "Super Mario Advance" Series on the Game Boy Advance and they would rename their titles as 2, 3, and 4 depending on which game they're doing but they threw it out of order (Mario Bros 2, Mario World, Mario World 2, and Super Mario Bros 3 in order of release). I'm trying to do it a bit differently in the fact that I'm putting the Arc in the name so people know "Oh I'm playing the R Arc." Something like that.

RAMMAR wrote:
I've choosed "So many PGSM", because I hate PGSM...
I'm for the classic: "Bishoujo Senshi Seeera Muuuun" (BSSM)...

I know how you feel. Pretty Guardian is quite different to the manga and anime but there's no need to worry since I'm not touching the story of the games that much, only the name will change. I'm probably not going to touch the Opening Theme or anything besides the touch-ups I already have planned that should make the OPs look better than they did. There is a chance that I will release some SNES styled PGSM extras a bit later once I get the two major re-releases out of the way but they will be considered DLC (Downloadable Content) and not considered a part of the official game. Of course, I have to make room for some kind of expansions ^^.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:11 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As to screenshots, I think the Earth's edge (in Sailor Moon S title screen) looks a bit pixelated (probably it was resized from a smaller image?). Moon's edge looks more round. Apart from that small detail, they look nice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:59 pm 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
As to screenshots, I think the Earth's edge (in Sailor Moon S title screen) looks a bit pixelated (probably it was resized from a smaller image?). Moon's edge looks more round. Apart from that small detail, they look nice.

Here's a reworked Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon S Title Screen for your viewing pleasure:

Image Now with less pixelation! :eek:

Keep in mind however that these new titles are a higher resolution at 480x272, rather than the old 320x240 format.

480x272 is a good starter for say upscaled HD Sailor Moon gaming? Think about that one for a sec and you know what I'm going for.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
kungpow12345 wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Here's a reworked Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon S Title Screen for your viewing pleasure:

Image Now with less pixelation! :eek:

Keep in mind however that these new titles are a higher resolution at 480x272, rather than the old 320x240 format.

480x272 is a good starter for say upscaled HD Sailor Moon gaming? Think about that one for a sec and you know what I'm going for.

Good, but not exactly perfect as yet. The rest of the image is original size pixelart, and the Earth is 200% scaled pixelart, and that's why it's not as round as it could be. To make the edge looking nicer you'll have to manually edit after scaling, removing pixels from the edge, something like this, I think (I hope I'm not too picky :oops: ):

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 am 
inactive
Here's a little surprise for you today of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic:

As you can see, it's a bit different than the original level that was in Sailor Moon Plus...

...but you have to ask yourself, is this fake or no? :D It looks too good and crisp to be real right?

Tune in tomorrow for the full scoop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Here's a little surprise for you today of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic:

As you can see, it's a bit different than the original level that was in Sailor Moon Plus...

...but you have to ask yourself, is this fake or no? :D It looks too good and crisp to be real right?

Tune in tomorrow for the full scoop.

^_^ Remastered by KHX.

Oh no, it's not fake. I worked on it with you. Visuals are just the beginning. Just yesterday, we were upgrading the most limited character in SMP. So far, I love what I see. So will you. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:58 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:

Same here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm 
inactive
momomoko wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Same here.

You need not worry about the name changes any more :oops: . When the collection editions come out, they will still retain the original names but on the loading screens I'm adding to match in the ones I added for Code Name: Sailor V.

Here are the ones you'll get with PGSM Classic and PGSM R:

Image Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic

Image Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon R

I did have one made for PGSM S but I want to redesign it.

...in regards to the picture posted yesterday, yes it is real. For both collection releases, several stages will be getting a visual touch-up or extended and at the same time, enemy AI will be getting bumped up a notch to match that of Code Name: Sailor V.

Especially with PGSM Classic, Sailor Venus herself will be getting a much needed update. She will no longer be using her whip as her primary weapon. She'll be going back to using what she uses the best: her feet and fists of fury!

Also, both games will be displayed in widescreen formats and cutscenes will be re-rendered as such. Going with my new cree, I will not be talking about release dates but you now know what's coming down the pipeline as I await more progress to come from certain members of the Destiny Revival Team.

Yes, that's right. I'm doing the remakes myself. :mrgreen: I am man, hear me roar! :eek:

*gets back to installing Ubuntu on his Playstation 3*

Post subject: Re: 2009 Destiny Revival - PGSM Collection
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:34 pm 
inactive
^^ Alright ladies and gents, it's time for an EASTER SURPRISE!!!

As you all know I've been working on the Collection Release of Sailor Moon Plus or as it's now known, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic.

Today, I'm happy to give you guys a sneak peek at how I'm doing:

Image Before Image After!
Image Zoicite's back and better than ever! Don't make her too mad or she'll roast you like Sailor Moon just did.
Image Before Image After! Notice a difference?
Image Ooo, the fade in action.
Image Before Image After, The Fair now much brighter and lush than before. (Click on Image for Full Version) (This is still a work-in-progress but most of the enhancements are already done)

...and now for that "HD Gaming" I talked about earlier. I could have gotten the game up to the full HD range, or at least to 720p, but my laptop wouldn't have it so anyways, here is a SD-version of what Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Classic now looks like under 480p resolution:
Image Click on the Picture for the Full-Size.

If you have a decent enough graphics card, you can push Sailor Moon to 1080p using the built-in scaling of the OpenBoR engine.

I still have a few more enhancements in mind to get this game up to par with my other releases but rest assured, you'll definitely love this version over the old one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Looks good to me.

Are you upping the challenge, so it's hard as Sailor V?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:48 pm 
inactive
NewAgeRetroHippie wrote:
Looks good to me.

Might not be as hard as Sailor V, but as close as I can get without making this game too far gone from the original. :D My original, mind you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Those backgrounds behind the bushes definitely have improved. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 pm 
inactive
:love: I already saw the screenies, but once again, impressive! :love:

NewAgeRetroHippie wrote:

^_^ The Youma bosses, Generals, Endymion, Metallia and all versions of Beryl will definitely be a lot more challenging. The youma spawn though, we'll see....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:49 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
I love them :love: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
ha i knew ps3 was gonna be in it i mentioned it last month wow everything i mention comes true hmm lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
I can see the many differences! I can't wait to download the new versions of the games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
How are you going to get your games on the PS3? I'm not all that current with PS3 hacking and whatnot. I didn't even know there was really a movement in PS3 hacking. I mean what's the point when Sony gave you the option to just install Linux on it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:47 pm 
inactive
Sailorcancer wrote:
How are you going to get your games on the PS3? I'm not all that current with PS3 hacking and whatnot. I didn't even know there was really a movement in PS3 hacking. I mean what's the point when Sony gave you the option to just install Linux on it.

Bingo! By installing whatever flavor of Linux that you want on your PS3 (I chose Xubuntu) and also compiling the OpenBoR Game Engine in Ubuntu, you can play the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon games on the PS3 (and the previous versions released thus far). I'm going to be writing up a simple tutorial on how to do this once I get ready which includes syncing up your controllers to work in Ubuntu and all sorts of little goodies.

I'm told that OpenBoR won't be able to go the full HD range due to Ubuntu's slowness on the PS3 but hey, at least I can say that I was the first person to put a Sailor Moon game on the PS3. I've already done it for the Wii. Why stop now? *Besides Toei Animation and Namco Bandai but I think they have bigger fish to fry than stop a little ole otaku project that's not really hurting anything*

However, there are ways of getting the game up to at least 720p on a laptop/tower pc if you have a decent enough graphics card and if you can hook it up to your LCD or Plasma HD TV, it's that much sweeter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Sailorcancer wrote:

Bingo! By installing whatever flavor of Linux that you want on your PS3 (I chose Xubuntu) and also compiling the OpenBoR Game Engine in Ubuntu, you can play the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon games on the PS3 (and the previous versions released thus far). I'm going to be writing up a simple tutorial on how to do this once I get ready which includes syncing up your controllers to work in Ubuntu and all sorts of little goodies.

I'm told that OpenBoR won't be able to go the full HD range due to Ubuntu's slowness on the PS3 but hey, at least I can say that I was the first person to put a Sailor Moon game on the PS3. I've already done it for the Wii. Why stop now? *Besides Toei Animation and Namco Bandai but I think they have bigger fish to fry than stop a little ole otaku project that's not really hurting anything*

However, there are ways of getting the game up to at least 720p on a laptop/tower pc if you have a decent enough graphics card and if you can hook it up to your LCD or Plasma HD TV, it's that much sweeter.

Interesting.

I have been wondering about this for a while now. Will Destiny Revival make a Sailor Moon game that is not a beat em up?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm 
inactive
Sailorcancer wrote:
Interesting.

I have been wondering about this for a while now. Will Destiny Revival make a Sailor Moon game that is not a beat em up?

^_^ Depends if Kungpow wants to move in that direction. It might also depend on the success of the upcoming Sailor Moon S and PGSM.

^_^ We'll see what the man think. *looks at watch* Yup, any minute now... :|

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 pm 
inactive
Lady Aino wrote:
Sailorcancer wrote:
Interesting.

^_^ Depends if Kungpow wants to move in that direction. It might also depend on the success of the upcoming Sailor Moon S and PGSM.

^_^ We'll see what the man think. *looks at watch* Yup, any minute now... :|

If I ever do anything other than a beat em up, it'll be an RPG and it'll have to be for the Nintendo DS. I'm already playing around with a beat 'em up Sailor Moon DS title, but I'm very tempted to see if I can make an RPG instead...

Still too early to tell...

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 am 
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
If I ever do anything other than a beat em up, it'll be an RPG and it'll have to be for the Nintendo DS. I'm already playing around with a beat 'em up Sailor Moon DS title, but I'm very tempted to see if I can make an RPG instead...

Still too early to tell...

:keke: After hearing your latest plans, the Nintendo DS players out there are in for a real treat. :love:

But we will be working hard on the collection release, and with luck, back on board with Sailor Moon S. The basics are done, but now the hard part....level designs and new characters. ^_^'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next