Sailor Moon Another Story II - English Translation by Gnite Productions
Hi All, Gnite here and this is my english translation of PrinceEndymion88’s RPG Maker game, Sailor Moon Another Story 2. I got to work on this about two years ago after the original release of the game. I got started translating various sections very slowly on and off… then Blackheart0113’s English translation came out so I stopped working on mine.
About 3 months ago I had quite a lot of free time on my hands and decided to go back and try to finish this off. The version currently released is not the final product as I still have a few things to do and it needs to be play tested more thoroughly.
This version is built directly off PrinceEndymion88’s original release and old saves will work with my release. I am fluent in Italian and hence translated \ adapted all text from the original game.
Testing has been a bit slack with the last few revisions (you can only play through the same game so many times before you start to hate it). So I need people’s help! if anyone finds any errors like typos, un-translated text or text that may be cut off please let me know (either reply to this forum and or send me a PM with a screenshot of the problem or a descirption) so I can fix it.NOTE: I’ve taken out the movies for this release as I still have to translate them so when starting a new game toy will get two errors – just click past them to start the game.
What’s been done so far :
V0.1 = All main scene text translated
V0.2 = Typos and text overflow fixed – added additional NPCs to each town.
V0.3 = Database items translated (items, weapons, armours and descriptions).
V0.4 = Script references to Italian changed to English (game menus + other elements).
V0.5 = Music – removed 4-5 second gap at the end of each track to assist looping, added 3 new tracks for Sailor Uranus and Neptune fight, for final opposite senshi fight and for Mane Mane fight.
V0.6 = Graphics – replaced all Italian text graphics with English equivalents and also redesigned shop screen slightly.
V0.7 = Modified battle system – re-enabled standard enemy attacks and added several new attacks. There should be less “Whirlwind Cut” attacks - this may make some fights easier and others harder – let me know how the balancing goes.
Things I’d like to do but likely won’t be able to:
• Fix bug where you have a full party of scouts near the end of the game and the last two’s character images (Sailor Juno and Ceres) are not visible when selecting party members.
• Add cursor when equipping items (currently you can’t see which item you have to equip and need to rely on description).
• Add cursor when organising party members (currently you can’t see which character you want to move and need to rely on description).
All these 3 things relay on a very good knowledge of RPG Maker coding, which I do not have. I’ve already tried a few things but have been unsuccessful. If any one wants help with this I would appreciate it so if you’re interested drop me a PM.
Things that will be done in future versions:
• Fix any text and typo errors
• Translate opening movie into English
• Create an installer that will copy all files and fonts to the correct place.
1. Extract the contents of the downloaded SMAS2E.rar file (You'll need Winrar or a similar extracting program).
2. Browse to the extracted location and enter the "Fonts" folder.
3. Copy the two fonts files to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
4. Launch Game.exe from the installed directory to play.
5. You may need to install RPG Maker XP runtime files if you experience errors. This can be found on the RPG Maker website.
Download link to V0.7a: http://min.us/mQ2LaS7R8
Click on the SMAS2E.rar·Download (132.0 MB)
Any problems with the link let me know.
As new versions come out I’ll be updating this first post.