Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Sailor Moon Another Story II - English Translation 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:50 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Moon Another Story II - English Translation by Gnite Productions

Hi All, Gnite here and this is my english translation of PrinceEndymion88’s RPG Maker game, Sailor Moon Another Story 2. I got to work on this about two years ago after the original release of the game. I got started translating various sections very slowly on and off… then Blackheart0113’s English translation came out so I stopped working on mine.

About 3 months ago I had quite a lot of free time on my hands and decided to go back and try to finish this off. The version currently released is not the final product as I still have a few things to do and it needs to be play tested more thoroughly.

This version is built directly off PrinceEndymion88’s original release and old saves will work with my release. I am fluent in Italian and hence translated \ adapted all text from the original game.

Testing has been a bit slack with the last few revisions (you can only play through the same game so many times before you start to hate it). So I need people’s help! if anyone finds any errors like typos, un-translated text or text that may be cut off please let me know (either reply to this forum and or send me a PM with a screenshot of the problem or a descirption) so I can fix it.

NOTE: I’ve taken out the movies for this release as I still have to translate them so when starting a new game toy will get two errors – just click past them to start the game.

What’s been done so far :

V0.1 = All main scene text translated
V0.2 = Typos and text overflow fixed – added additional NPCs to each town.
V0.3 = Database items translated (items, weapons, armours and descriptions).
V0.4 = Script references to Italian changed to English (game menus + other elements).
V0.5 = Music – removed 4-5 second gap at the end of each track to assist looping, added 3 new tracks for Sailor Uranus and Neptune fight, for final opposite senshi fight and for Mane Mane fight.
V0.6 = Graphics – replaced all Italian text graphics with English equivalents and also redesigned shop screen slightly.
V0.7 = Modified battle system – re-enabled standard enemy attacks and added several new attacks. There should be less “Whirlwind Cut” attacks - this may make some fights easier and others harder – let me know how the balancing goes.

Things I’d like to do but likely won’t be able to:

• Fix bug where you have a full party of scouts near the end of the game and the last two’s character images (Sailor Juno and Ceres) are not visible when selecting party members.
• Add cursor when equipping items (currently you can’t see which item you have to equip and need to rely on description).
• Add cursor when organising party members (currently you can’t see which character you want to move and need to rely on description).

All these 3 things relay on a very good knowledge of RPG Maker coding, which I do not have. I’ve already tried a few things but have been unsuccessful. If any one wants help with this I would appreciate it so if you’re interested drop me a PM.

Things that will be done in future versions:
• Fix any text and typo errors
• Translate opening movie into English
• Create an installer that will copy all files and fonts to the correct place.

Installation
1. Extract the contents of the downloaded SMAS2E.rar file (You'll need Winrar or a similar extracting program).
2. Browse to the extracted location and enter the "Fonts" folder.
3. Copy the two fonts files to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
4. Launch Game.exe from the installed directory to play.
5. You may need to install RPG Maker XP runtime files if you experience errors. This can be found on the RPG Maker website.

Download link to V0.7a:

http://min.us/mQ2LaS7R8

Click on the SMAS2E.rar·Download (132.0 MB)

Any problems with the link let me know.

As new versions come out I’ll be updating this first post.

Last edited by GNite Productions on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Another Story II - English Translation 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm 
LOL Already been done before you

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:06 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Just to let you know I'm still working on this. I've played through one more time and fixed a few typos.

I'm having trouble fixing the three minor issues with the curosr I mentioned before - does anyone have a good understanding of RPG Maker XP coding? If so and you'd like to help let me know - thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
I'd prefer a re-imagining or something. SO many things in the original SMAS2 are so borked, it kinda ruined it for me.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At Zhortac

What things didn't you like about the game? If you let me know I can see if it is something I can have a go at changing in the future... Although I'm not very good a scripting!

So far the only changes besides the translation and adding more text that I've done are:

*Tried to tone down Sailor Pluto as she was too powerful
* Added fight specific music
*Changed the enemy battles so enemies would use a range of attacks and not just whirlwind cut all the time.

At the moment I'm working on the cursor problem but not getting very far (I may just release it with the cursor issue if I can't resolve it by November). The intro movie is nearly finished too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 pm 
inactive
Well, Sailor Pluto was one thing. Her Time Stop was an IWIN button on every fight.

The other problem was the difficulty early on, and how it pretty much declined as it went on. It was too hard off the get go, but then went to way too easy in the latter parts.

My other issue is the attacks. The high end high cost attacks were nearly worthless over lower cost ones, unless it was a multy hit attack. Also later on, they become almost useless and melee hits do more over all. Since resources are limited in there, the high end attacks should be doing alot more, since you can do like 1 or 2 of them before the senshi is unable to do anything but a melee.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:21 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At Zhortac

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree about Sailor Pluto - I could change the Time Stop attack so it has less chance of hitting and make it effect an enemy for only one turn or maybe increase the magic cost to make using it more restrictive... what do you think?

The enemy attack balancing did make the game harder in the beginning - I've already changed this so enemies have standard attacks which are in line with their base levels - this has made the earlier fights easier - I'm still playing through as it may have made it a little too easy later on as well.

In terms of the skills - I can increase the potency of the more costly attacks to make them more worth while - however it would mean that lower level senshi would have these special skills that would be very powerful but to fix this I could have them learn certain skills when they reach a certain level.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 am 
inactive
I agree making it cost more, might want to make it like the original SMAS and have it cost 12 or all of her EP for a 3 turn stop. I'd say make it work on about 75% of the bosses, or all of them save for the final boss. A three turn stop wouldn't be so bad. Might also want to make the EP restoring items cost more, so you can't just buy a ☹ load and spam it.

Well, the Whirlwind Cut spam did make it hard, but eventually made it easy as well. I'd suggest making some new attacks, and the harder hitting ones for the later stuff.

As for the senshi's attacks, that part is easy. Make them relearn their skills. Hell, you could add a plot device that makes them relearn them or whatnot. I know it seems lame, but so is having ultimate attacks from level 1. Unless you can tweek the EP gains, and make it like SMAS, where they can't use their big moves early, because of the EP they have, or do both. I know RPG Maker is kinda finiky in some areas...although, I never really messed with XP, only VX and VX Ace.

Also forgot to mention, the senshi seem way too base line stat wise. In the original SMAS, the power houses were Jupiter, Mars, Venus, and Uranus, but they had really crappy defense and died pretty quick. And on the other end, Mercury, Pluto, Saturn, Neptune. and Moon (Chibi-Moon sorta too) had really high defense and survivalbility, but didn't hit as hard as the other four. IN this one, they all hit about the same, so it's kinda use who you want, not use who would fit the situation. Not sure how it would work with the new additions. I can see Star Fighter hitting hard, and maybe Maker, but making Healer and what's her nuts be the defense ones. Not sure about the astroid senshi, since I don't know a hell of alot about them.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At Zhortac

All good points - thanks! It should be easy to change Sailor Pluto's attack - although I'm not sure I can get it to exclude bosses (I'll have a go).

The enemies already have different attacks at various points in the game (some can paralyse and blind you now as well as other things...).

I'll look at the skills - maybe add a plot point where the eclipse has made them lose some of their powers or something!

Once done I'll re-upload an updated version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Well, it turns out there is a reason all characters had their skills at level 1 - the “learn new skills” script is broken!

I'll have a look at it but based on my poor scripting knowledge I'm not sure if I can fix it... I may have to restrict the skills based on EP usage which wouldn't be as good...

Is anybody here good with RPG Maker XP scripts???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 am 
inactive
GNite Productions wrote:
At Zhortac

All good points - thanks! It should be easy to change Sailor Pluto's attack - although I'm not sure I can get it to exclude bosses (I'll have a go).

The enemies already have different attacks at various points in the game (some can paralyse and blind you now as well as other things...).

I'll look at the skills - maybe add a plot point where the eclipse has made them lose some of their powers or something!

Once done I'll re-upload an updated version.

If XP works somewhat like VX, it should be simple as it being it's own status, and just making the bosses immune to it. Like making them immune to being silenced, or whatnot.

THe enemy status skills reminds me...on the boss where it's just Venus alone, that one needs tweeked down too. Either have her status attacks less frequent, or remove them. That fight was hell, and I only beat it through complete luck. A 1 on 1 RPG battle shouldn't come down to luck, when a boss can confuse you constantly, and your character ends up killing them-self.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At Zhortac

Thanks - Yes I've figured it out - I can make bosses immune to it and lower the success of the attack effecting normal enemies - maybe like a 70% hit chance.

In terms of the Sailor Venus fight - do you mean the encounter with Belili when you are about to leave the temple? I've changed her behaviour so she only casts fascination after she has less than 50% HP and it has a lower priority compared to other attacks which I've added. This still needs to be play tested though as she might still be too tough but this change is in the current release so feel free to try it if you get a chance and see if it is any better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I've nerfed Sailor Pluto's Time Stop Attack so it only stops enemies for two rounds - has a 70% chance of taking effect and costs 16 EP.

I've also made the first encounters with the opposite senshi fairer - they only use confuse attacks when they have less than 30% HP and the priority is low so even then you may not see them use it.

I've changed the EP system so it grow when you level up - this means yo start out with less EP and that restricts the magic \ skills you can use until you level up.

Skills have also been re-worked so they start off more powerful than regualr attacks and then are about the same as a physical attack once you reach levels 30+.

I will try to rework the stats for each scout to make some excel or be weaker in certain areas.

All this will be in the next release.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
Hello, I seem to have the problem with the download link, I have kept clicking on the download button, but it kept giving me the same and same pages again, I wonder if you could fix that?. :?

Star Light!
If you gather more light,
you can surely change this world.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At nuri120

That is strange...

Try this direct file link : http://minus.com/lNp2AjaMhuf0h

To the right will be a download button - let me know if it still doesn't work I will upload it elsewhere.

In a few days I will be releasing a newer version so it might be worth waiting for that before you start playing as it has a few changes in it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:09 am 
inactive
Well, it still doesn't works and can you post the game somewhere else like Mediafire?. Thank you. :)

Star Light!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Verion 0.82 is done!

Here are the changes since v0.7a

v0.8 = Fixed party display bug, changed EP so it grows along with level ups. Lower levels start with less EP so ultimate attacks can't be used initially, changed EP skills to be more powerful and increase in power along with physical attacks and fixed Sailor Pluto's time stop so it no longer lasts for the whole fight.

v0.82 = Working release (still have a few things to do but releasing to get feedback on EP system change)- altered EP so it doesn't get restored after a battle, lowered cost of EP replenishing items. May revert back to old system if this makes the game too hard. Fixed a few text bugs.

This version can be downloaded from MediaFire as I know some people had issues downloading from minus and also due to the fact minus don't allow rar files anymore :sad:

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?0p42ruso0vy5y9i

IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE RAR FILE PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THE NEW ZIP!

NOTE: The movies are still not included even though they are done as I may need to change the credits. The movies will be added in the final release.

Installation
1. Extract the contents of the downloaded SMASIIE v0.82.zip file (You'll need Winrar or a similar extracting program).
2. Browse to the extracted location and enter the "Fonts" folder.
3. Copy the two fonts files to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
4. Launch Game.exe from the installed directory to play.
5. You may need to install RPG Maker XP runtime files if you experience errors. This can be found on the RPG Maker website.

Feedback on the new EP system would be appreciated.

Last edited by GNite Productions on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:28 am 
inactive
There seems to be another problem, when I extracted some of the files weren't able to go into my desktop and when I tried running the game, it just said "error". Please fix the problem. >_<

Star Light!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Hopefully this is fixed now - use the new link to download the new ZIP file.

Any problems let me know.

Also anyone who downloaded the SMASIIE v0.82.RAR file please redownload the SMASIIE v0.82.ZIP file.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 pm 
inactive
There seems to be another problem, when I fight along with Sailor Moon and Sailor Cosmos at the game center, Usagi will disappear from the screen right before and after the battle, can you fix it?. :(

Star Light!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At nuri120

Hi,

Good Spot! I did some checking and this happens in the original italian version as well!

I'll take a look and see if I can find out what's going wrong and try to fix it...

Let me know if you find anything else - in the meantime avoid playing that game and you should be able to continue with the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 pm 
inactive
There seems to be another problem, when I try to select characters for the battle against the 3 enemies from the SuperS movie, you know, the ones with the flute, it seems that when I try to hit confirm party, it doesn't works, I pressed like every button on the keyboard, and I just keep hearing that sound when I press enter.

Star Light!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At nuri120

I haven't got a save file near that location - if I send you a PM with my email can you send me your save file so I don't have to play through all over again to that part? Thanks

Also the arcade games are now fixed!!! Well sort of... the existing arcade games totally messed up the game by adding 40 levels to Sailor Moon and changing graphics and sprites to ones that did not exist!

I've removed the two games and added two new ones starring a certain special character. This fix is in 0.83 which I won't release yet as I have a formatting bug to fix too and now this party selection issue to look at.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:40 pm 
hey can anybody help me defeat the amazon trio? I'm stuck on the school roof scene

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At minimoon132002

If I remember correctly you have both Sailor Moon and Chibi-Moon for this fight. Make sure you stock up on cure items and lipstick to restore magic from the merchant on the 2nd floor. There is a "Toilette" item on the fourth floor so make sure you pick that up.

Have Sailor Moon attack with her special skills (Rainbow Moon Heart Ache works well and hits all enemies) and use Chibi-Moon to cure and restore magic as required. Failing that maybe try to level-up on the lower floors before the fight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:47 am 
inactive
Oh. I've figured out the problem, if you don't select Chibi-Moon in your party, you won't be able to continue.

Star Light!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At nuri120

Thanks for spotting that - I'll add in a text box in future versions stating that Chibi-Moon must be in your party to avoid confusion for other players.

Let me know if you spot anything else like this.

At the moment I'm looking at the random enemy encounters near the end of the game and am trying to make them a bit more challenging without also making the game too difficult at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:36 am 
inactive
Oh and, can you try to find out all the characters that need to be selected before a certain boss battle?, starting from when the 3 guys who appeared at the amusement park, the one that I've told you about.

Star Light!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:07 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
At nuri120

I've tried to look at the code behind the battle and it isn't obvious that a particular character has been made compulsory like Chibi-moon was. I guess to make sure when I do a final play-through I will have to experiment with different characters and find out which ones are valid and which ones are not.

If you find any more parts with invalid character selections please let me know. I won't get a chance to do a final play through for a while as I'm stuck working on a cursor bug that I can't seem to fix at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 am 
hey guys its me again sorry for asking this but do you guys know how can I get the access code to get in the tower for Jupiter's quest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next