* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon PC Engine
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Eldsjäl wrote:
How coincidental! I just played through this game and thought about posting what I got out of it here and immediately found this thread. :-) I'm not going to bother now since Swizzle just uploaded a playthrough. Highly appreciated BTW! :-) I hardly understood any of the dialogue myself.

Spoiler: show
I also went with Rei-chan! Don't know if you can get different ending screens with the same character...

I understand pretty much all the dialogue and actually played through with Venus the first time I played it and I think Venus had a much more interesting story for the first half before
it becomes exactly the same. People wanted the recorded playthrough to be with Rei so that's why I did that.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd put subtitles so everyone could understand what's going on, but even when you do understand it's so ridiculous and so disjointed that it's probably better off
not knowing. Maybe it makes more sense if I play with Usagi, but I haven't played it with her yet. The beginning and end are pretty funny though and full of jokes.
Usagi and Naru's conversation at the end is brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
Other: Nerd
I remember bumping an old thread either last year or this year (guess not this one? ^_^' ) explaining what the plot's about, but basically:

Spoiler: show
This game takes place in-between Ali/Ann and Black Moon arc. "Past Wiseman" (yep, that's his name) revives the Dark Kingdom. I only played the Minako route, but it was fun to see the ending sort of imply 4 Generals/Senshi since they all use their powers to heal/defeat the main baddie. Beryl's portrayed in something of a sympathetic light in the ending, too. And of course, it seems like Mamoru got captured (again :tongue: ). The 4 senshi actually gain their Black Moon arc power-ups (Shine Aqua Illusion, etc) in this game, though I'm pretty sure they just had their " ___ Power Make Up" transformations.

Some specifics I wrote up about last year:

https://twitter.com/SailorStardust0/sta ... 6120771585

https://twitter.com/SailorStardust0/sta ... 5372532737

Definitely a fun little game! I hope to play through another route sometime soon when I can find the time!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sorry for the late reply Swizzle but thanks for telling us about the games story. If you ever decided to put subtitles on your video I would be most interested and grateful. Do you think next you could do a playthrough of Sailor Moon?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:17 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
It might be nice to see a full run of Sailor Jupiter too, since the only other "Let's Play" I saw on YouTube was done on an emulator that soft-locked in the middle of Makoto's story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:11 pm 
inactive
I've been in the mood to play some PC Engine lately so if you guys still want it I could do a play through with Usagi and Makoto and upload them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
I saw one play-through of Usagi's story that played the Sailor V game and another one that didn't, so it seems at least that mini-game can be skipped by a different story branch. I don't know what changes if you win a mini-game that you're not forced to win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:46 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Swizzle wrote:
I've been in the mood to play some PC Engine lately so if you guys still want it I could do a play through with Usagi and Makoto and upload them.

Yes, please! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:53 pm 
Stella
Stella
I would love to see you play through it with Usagi Swizzle. I really wish that someone could post the whole play through of the game with English subtitles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:58 pm 
inactive
Alright. So I've begun translating the game and I'm making a video series where I voice the English translation over the text as I play through the game.
I plan to cover all five routes and I'll be uploading videos 1-2 times per week.
Hopefully this will allow everyone to enjoy the game a bit more.
Here's the first episode released today:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:39 am 
Stella
Stella
OMG! Thank you Swizzle. I can't wait to watch your videos and finally see this story properly translated. Please post all of your videos you translate here. I await them with anticipation. Thanks again on behalf of the Sailor Moon English speaking community you have our immense gratitude and thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:31 pm 
inactive
Here is episode two of VNEX Sailor Moon PC Engine!
I've decided to post videos twice a week so they should be up Sunday nights and Wednesday nights Japan time.
Let me post the description from the video here in case you guys don't want to actually watch it on YouTube:

"I apologize for speaking over the last couple lines of spoken dialogue. I record this by using a capture card and my PC Engine and using the audio coming from the computer while wearing headphones and watching the game on a TV with the sound muted so that there's no echo, but for some reason the audio cut out on my computer so I wasn't sure which of the last lines were spoken or not. Hopefully it won't happen in the future.

In case you couldn't hear my lines well due to my audio being about the same level as the game audio, they were:
"Yeah but, looking at it from the outside won’t it looks as if Naru and Umino are dating…"
"But not even going home together once seems a bit unnatural."
*choices*
"Well, I guess everyone has their own reasons for things."
"What's wrong Rei? Did you eat something strange or something?"
"You're so obnoxious! Leave me alone!"
"Whoa! That's scary!"

If you have any suggestions/comments/concerns please leave a comment below. I hope you enjoyed the video!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Thanks Swizzle for the video you did a remarkable job at translating yet again. I can't wait for the next episode!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 pm 
inactive
Alright. Here are parts three and four~ Enjoy ^,^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:01 am 
Stella
Stella
As I said in your YouTube comments Swizzle thanks again for translating these episodes. You did a great job. The game has an interesting story and I am so thrilled that due to your kindness English speaking fans can enjoy the story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:49 pm 
inactive
Hello. Just wanted to post a quick update apologizing for no videos this week. I've been really busy taking care of some things that I only need to take care of once a year.
Videos will resume Sunday night as usual.

Thank you MariaTenebre for all your kind comments. They make me feel really good. ^,^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 pm 
Stella
Stella
Swizzle wrote:
Hello. Just wanted to post a quick update apologizing for no videos this week. I've been really busy taking care of some things that I only need to take care of once a year.
Videos will resume Sunday night as usual.

Thank you MariaTenebre for all your kind comments. They make me feel really good. ^,^

It's ok if you have to take time off for work. I am just thankful that you are willing to translate these videos. Also you are quite welcome and again I thank you so much for your skill in translating this game you definitely deserve all of the English speaking fans good comments and more for bridging the language gap on this game for us. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am 
inactive
At long last here is part five! Sorry it took so long to get it out. I'll hopefully be able to keep my typical upload schedule again for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:43 am 
Stella
Stella
Thanks for the new video Swizzle you did an amazing job and I am really getting into the story. Also don't worry about taking a while to get it uploaded we all have stuff in our lives that takes our time. You were able to get it done so that is what matters and if you have to take a while before you can get stuff done do to life stuff then we all understand. Again you did a great job and I can't wait or more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Hey, What happend with Sailor V Game? :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:10 pm 
inactive
Here it is at last. Part six of Rei's route in Sailor Moon for the PC Engine.
Sorry it took so long to get out. I ended up catching a cold and my voice wasn't back to normal until this week.
The good news is I finished translating the rest of the arc and I recorded six episodes tonight so I can guarantee consistent uploads for the rest of the arc (and hopefully afterwards as well).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 pm 
Stella
Stella
Very nice thanks Swizzle for the recent update. Again you did an amazing job at translating and the plot is definitely getting thicker. It was cool to see Nephrite's flash back when he and the other Shitennou were Endymion's guardians. Also how do you spell the name of that purple haired girl with the ringlet curls who tried to challenge Rei I have heard different things. Also don't worry about taking a while we completely understand you having a cold and we are all happy you have recovered. The fact that you are better and continued the translation is what matters not how long it took. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:06 pm 
inactive
Here's the next part of VNEX. It's a day late because I lost track of time playing Pokemon yesterday and completely forgot to upload it haha.

And Maria, that character's name is Mirokuin. Thanks for always watching and leaving comments ^,^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:44 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The PC Engine game should have been its own arc in the anime! The new plot is great!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:06 pm 
Stella
Stella
Thanks Swizzle for the clarification on Mirokuin's name. Also than you for the new video. This plot is so cool and I echo DREWdesu's sentiments it would have made a great arc for the anime. It is very strange though I wonder if Past Wiseman has anything to do with Wiseman himself. Both are even called Death Phantom.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:11 am 
inactive
Yeah it would've been pretty cool if they had animated the arc as an OVA or put it into the old anime. The animation isn't too bad considering it's the PC Engine though haha.
Here's the next part~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:21 am 
Stella
Stella
Thanks again Swizzle it was also so nice of you to release part 8 so quickly. It is definitely getting good. I still say I would love to know more of who this Past Wiseman character is she seems really interesting. She honestly looks like a character from a horror hentai.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:19 am 
inactive
Here's the latest episode~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:29 am 
Stella
Stella
As I said before in YouTube land thanks so much for translating this new video. The story is very cool even if some parts of it don't make sense. I really love Past Wiseman though.