* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon PC Engine
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:04 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hi guys does anyone here know the story of this game? I have seen many videos on it. It seems based on the plot to feature the return of the Dark Kingdom and takes place in between the Al and En arc and the Black Moon Clan arc of R.

It features strange scenes like Nephrite being attacked by the D.D. Girls. Over all I have yet to find anyone who knows the game's story yet.
http://old.sailorvgame.org/mg/au/pce.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPZ1BKfFUEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CateUXJQXAs

Post subject: Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon PC Engine
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Without translating the complete blurb on Page 2 of the game's instruction booklet, it mentions Ail and Ann and a revival of Queen Beryl. These stories may be separate though.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:32 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MrShoujo wrote:
Without translating the complete blurb on Page 2 of the game's instruction booklet, it mentions Ail and Ann and a revival of Queen Beryl. These stories may be separate though.

Interesting can you find out more of this game? Since Al and En were mentioned I wonder what role they have in the game?

Did they revive Queen Beryl or is this after they were gone. What does the book say?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
MrShoujo wrote:

Interesting can you find out more of this game? Since Al and En were mentioned I wonder what role they have in the game?

Did they revive Queen Beryl or is this after they were gone. What does the book say?

The rest of the manual isn't very helpful on much. It tells you the tip of the story, and the rest of the booklet just tells you how to play (Select your favorite character, about save and continue, message window for the story (it's like a digital comic) and mini games).

Quote:
Ail and Ann's Energy 騒動も一件落着。
The turmoil of Ail and Ann's Energy is also a case closed.

Peaceful daysを送っていたあたし達の前に、 死んだはずのNephriteが現れた。
Before us, who had been passing peaceful days, Nephrite, who should be dead, appeared.

EE---!!

Queen Berylが復活したあっっ?!
Queen Beryl was revived..?!

次々とまきおこる事件。
And in turn, giving rise to incidents.

Sailor senshi の 出動よ!!
"Sailor Senshi, on the move!"
shutsudou - dispatch, marching out, set sail

I will not forgive you for making a maiden in love cry!

I, Sailor Moon, will punish you on behalf of the moon!

And that's the bit on Page 2.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 am 
Stella
Stella
MrShoujo wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
MrShoujo wrote:

The rest of the manual isn't very helpful on much. It tells you the tip of the story, and the rest of the booklet just tells you how to play (Select your favorite character, about save and continue, message window for the story (it's like a digital comic) and mini games).

Quote:
Ail and Ann's Energy 騒動も一件落着。
The turmoil of Ail and Ann's Energy is also a case closed.

Peaceful daysを送っていたあたし達の前に、 死んだはずのNephriteが現れた。
Before us, who had been passing peaceful days, Nephrite, who should be dead, appeared.

EE---!!

Queen Berylが復活したあっっ?!
Queen Beryl was revived..?!

次々とまきおこる事件。
And in turn, giving rise to incidents.

Sailor senshi の 出動よ!!
"Sailor Senshi, on the move!"
shutsudou - dispatch, marching out, set sail

I will not forgive you for making a maiden in love cry!

I, Sailor Moon, will punish you on behalf of the moon!

And that's the bit on Page 2.

Hmm it does seem to fit my idea that it happens post Al and En. I would love it if someone who played the game could tell us the storyline.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:39 am 
Luna
Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
It features strange scenes like Nephrite being attacked by the D.D. Girls. Overall, I have yet to find anyone who knows the game's story yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPZ1BKfFUEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CateUXJQXAs

It looks very interesting. I wish someone would upload a video of the entire story. Does anyone know what Queen Beryl and Sailor Moon are saying at the end?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 am 
Stella
Stella
I agree SailorStarlight I really wish someone would post the whole story subbed. I would really like to know what is going on.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:39 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
I live in Japan and own a PC Engine. I should be able to pick up the game fairly cheaply and help you guys out. Anybody know the full title of the game? There's 2 or 3 Sailor Moon PC Engine games I believe. The only one I currently own if Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Collection. The other one(s) is fairly easy and cheap to get though. If you tell me the full title I'll pick it up as soon as I can.

Edit: Just looked at the links in the first post. So the title is actually just "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon." I'll pick up the game tomorrow and give it a go. It'll only run me about 500 yen.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Swizzle, you are a saint!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 pm 
inactive
Ok I picked up the game tonight as promised and now I'll try playing it and see what it's about.
According to the box it's a digital comic, so I'm kind of expecting it to be like the PC Engine Urusei Yatsura game (which is amazing, btw).
At the beginning you get to choose from one of the five inner senshi and the title screen has an awesome opening song (which I didn't expect).
There's also a bit of an opening animation when the game boots up before the title screen showing Nephrite with a mask on and a few strange evil-looking women.

One I play a bit into it I'll try to explain the story and how the game plays and everything. If the game ends up being pretty interesting I'll record some footage for you.

P.S. Also, I was right about the game only costing 500 yen. The store price was 480 yen and with taxes was very slightly over 500 xD

Sorry for the double post. So I've played a bit of the game now.
First, the character choice seems to be pretty inconsequential. All five characters are together the majority of the time so it's just minute differences so far.
The voice acting is good. Quite like the old show. I'm really enjoying it just 'cause the characters in the original show are so ridiculous.
Every now and then there's an eyecatch which serves as the save point so you can save and continue from where you left off and each character has their own unique one.
The story feels like a long, drawn-out episode of the old TV show. It's good in some ways and bad in some ways to me. I enjoy the mini games that exist.
I enjoy that a lot of the game is voice acted. At the same time though whenever events that aren't as important are happening there's no voice acting
so it's a bit of a jolt to go between voices and no voices all the time. There's not really much animation, but the still art is really good.
The story is of absolutely no importance from what I've played so far. Nothing interesting has happened yet. I'm sure it will, but so far nothing.

[edited by knm to merge a double post]

Welp, I've been warned by the GM not to double post (even though I've seen other threads with it), so any further information on this game is on hold until somebody else posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
Thanks, Swizzle! Do you think you can post videos from the game as well? The ones we have now are fragmented and in very low quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
Swizzle wrote:
Welp, I've been warned by the GM not to double post (even though I've seen other threads with it), so any further information on this game is on hold until somebody else posts.

If other threads have double posts, that's likely because I haven't seen it. "Someone else did it" is not a valid excuse to violate forum rules.

If you want to keep updating your old post, feel free to do so, or, as the rules say, wait more than a day between new posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:45 pm 
inactive
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Do you think you can post videos from the game as well?

Yeah I should be able to. I'll just have to take my PC Engine to the other side of my room where my computer and capture device are.
This week is a bit busy for me, but I should be able to get some footage by this weekend.

Kerochan no Miko wrote:
"Someone else did it" is not a valid excuse to violate forum rules.

I'm well aware of this. I in no way meant to imply that it was alright or should have been alright for me to violate a rule.
I was just stating that I was warned not to double post so that's the reason for me not updating until somebody else posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
Swizzle wrote:
I was just stating that I was warned not to double post so that's the reason for me not updating until somebody else posts.

And as I said in my previous post, as well as when I quoted the forum rule at you, you can't double post within 24 hours, so if you really want to update you can. You just have to wait a little while. :unsure:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:51 pm 
Stella
Stella
By the way Swizzle the Women that appear in the opening of the story are the DD Girls very powerful Youma that appear in the 90s anime but that is all I know. I am mainly curious of the storyline and where it takes place in the Sailor Moon timeline and how the Dark Kingdom villains return. However thanks again Swizzle for being willing to help us out I have full gratitude to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 pm 
inactive
Ok, so I finally had time today to finish playing through the game.
I played through the game with Minako, but the character selection doesn't alter the overall story at all.

I'll post the story here, but I'm going to post it in a spoiler code for one reason.
I'm going to record a full playthrough of the game and upload it to YouTube so if any of you want to experience the game first
that way without spoilers you have that option.
I also want you to tell me which character you want me to play as. Usagi, Minako, Rei, Makoto, or Ami and whichever gets the most votes will be the one I do.

As for the game itself, it's alright. It's a visual novel so it has voice acting, music, and the occasional choppy animation.
The voice acting is great as expected, the music gets the job done but is nothing spectacular (except the title screen song).
There is also a single mini-game you can play and it's very easy and very pointless, but still cool that they included it in there.
There are no bonuses for completing the game.
There are choices in the game, but they seem to have absolutely no impact on the outcomes.

Now, onto the story:
Spoiler: show
One night Artemis or Luna (can't remember which) spots a shadow which looks like Nephrite and he disappears into Yume Land (not sure what the English translation of the
amusement part in English is, but I'll just call it Dream Land). Artemis tells Minako about it and they decide to start investigating. The other Senshi get involved as well.
Nephrite goes to Naru's place where he is ambushed by the other three Shitenou members (Zoisite, Kunzite, and Jadeite). The senshi transform and arrive to help, but they
are too late and Nephrite gets taken to Queen Beryl. He was able to give a clue about something before he's taken away though. Queen Beryl forces a mask onto him which
I can only assume she used to temporarily control him. (They were all wearing masks except for him). With the character I chose it doesn't really show what Nephrite does after that.
Then they reveal to the Senshi that they have monuments set up over the city that they'll use to drain the energy of the entire place. They give the Senshi 1 hour to figure out
where they are and to stop them. Minako ends up fighting Kunzite and then they all go to where Usagi is. It's revealed that Past Wiseman brought them back and made a contract with them
to steal the Maboroshi no Ginzuisho and return it to him/her (not really sure what gender to put on it. It's a giant green thing with 2 voices. One man's voice and one woman's voice). Mamo-chan ends up showing up and tells Usagi he'll fight Queen Beryl so she can go defeat Past Wiseman. Nephrite shows up with a piece of black crystal (which I forgot to mention Naru randomly gets earlier on) and says he'll go save Tuxedo Mask. Nephrite uses it to bring the past memories back of the rest of the Shitenou and they remember they serve Endimion. Queen Beryl then no longer has any control over them and the shitenou team up with the Senshi to defeat Past Wiseman. In the end Past Wiseman is annihilated and the Shitenou and Beryl get reincarnated so they can live a normal life (or something like that).

That's the gist of the story. Sorry if I forgot anything. I didn't make any notes so that's all off the top of my head.
There's a lot of the classic TV Show humor and overall the game was quite enjoyable.
It wasn't as interactive or packed with as many goodies as the Urusei Yatsura PC Engine game, but overall I'm glad I played it.
Hope this helps you guys out and please let me know which character you'd like me to use when playing through for the recording.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:46 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Since no one's been on yet, I guess I get first vote. I vote for you to play as Rei. :rei:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:11 am 
inactive
I'll give this two more days for people to vote. If nobody else votes, then Rei it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:16 am 
Quasar
Quasar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I vote :mako:.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm 
inactive
I will record the gameplay on Thursday evening (Japan time) so today/tomorrow is the last chance to vote.
So far we have one vote for Rei and one vote for Makoto. In the event of a tie vote I'll do a tie breaker via random number generator.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Make it a threesome with a vote for :ami: !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Voted for :ami: !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:32 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I vote for Jupiter!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:39 am 
inactive
Ok, so far it's a tie between Mako and Ami.
There's just a few hours left of voting so if anybody else want to vote you have about 5 hours left.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
And I vote for Mars! :rei:
Blah!

Maybe you should go for the one that didn't get any votes at all? (See what I did there?)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:29 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Haha another vote for Rei. :rei:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 am 
inactive
Ok, voting is now closed. I'm gonna start recording footage soon.

At the last minute the winner is Rei! So I will be doing the playthrough as Rei.
Still can't believe nobody voted for Usagi hahaha :P

Edit: All the footage has been recorded and it's being compiled now. Once that finishes I'll upload it to YouTube and link the video.

Edit: I'll post the video tomorrow when I won't get in trouble for double posting unless somebody else wants to post something here before then. The video is all uploaded and ready to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:09 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Yay Rei won!!! I don't think anyone voted for Usagi because she's the main character and gets too much attention. The main character is usually never my fave char, although Hikaru in Magic Knight Rayearth is pretty cool, but I still can't decide with that anime.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:58 pm 
inactive
Alright, here it is! The full playthrough using Rei.
I'm too lazy to put subtitles, but I hope you guys still enjoy it! It was fun to play again and record ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPYpCLQxyw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:09 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
How coincidental! I just played through this game and thought about posting what I got out of it here and immediately found this thread. :-) I'm not going to bother now since Swizzle just uploaded a playthrough. Highly appreciated BTW! :-) I hardly understood any of the dialogue myself.

Spoiler: show
I also went with Rei-chan! Don't know if you can get different ending screens with the same character...