Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is Sailor Moon: Another Story canon in the Manga?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I don't see much reason for it not to be. Granted I've never played the game, as I don't own a Super Famicom or Super Nintendo Entertainment System, so you guys might be better informed. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon: Another Story canon in the Manga?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorAugust wrote:
I don't see much reason for it not to be. Granted I've never played the game, as I don't own a Super Famicom or Super Nintendo Entertainment System, so you guys might be better informed. Thank you!

No Sailor Moon Another Story is not canon to the manga or the 90s anime. It is a big hodge podge of both ideas even when they contradict.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:35 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
it's it's own thing but I guess took influence from the manga and 90s anime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:34 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
it's it's own thing but I guess took influence from the manga and 90s anime

Yeah they include things that blatantly go against both canons. Such as mixing Professor Tomoe's fate in the manga and 90s anime. In the manga he was evil on his own accord and was the same person as Germatoid and died. Where as in the anime he was originally good, was possessed by Germatoid and survived. In Sailor Moon Another Story they had that he was good originally, was possessed by Germatoid but died which he never did in either canon. They also have Tuxedo Mask's Sailor Crystal to be the Rose Crystal when in the manga and the 90s anime his Sailor Crystal is the Golden Crystal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:40 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
I like SMAS a lot, I think it has a great story and it's very fun to play, but no, it's not canon.

Besides it may be my impression, but I think it was finished BEFORE Sailor Moon S ended, because it includes facts from Mugen arc end, like Saturn's attack, that Hotaru is living with the Outers (that doesn't happen in the anime until season 5), or Doctor Tomoe's end. Maybe they planned the game before the S season was finished, and they used the manga version, hoping they would match... how naive, don't they know how Toei works? Hahaha

It wish it had been adapted into a movie or short OVAs series, but no, not canon at all.

But awesome videogame! lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:55 pm 
Stella
Stella
E. Knight wrote:
I like SMAS a lot, I think it has a great story and it's very fun to play, but no, it's not canon.

Besides it may be my impression, but I think it was finished BEFORE Sailor Moon S ended, because it includes facts from Mugen arc end, like Saturn's attack, that Hotaru is living with the Outers (that doesn't happen in the anime until season 5), or Doctor Tomoe's end. Maybe they planned the game before the S season was finished, and they used the manga version, hoping they would match... how naive, don't they know how Toei works? Hahaha

It wish it had been adapted into a movie or short OVAs series, but no, not canon at all.

But awesome videogame! lol

Yeah I would have loved if it was adapted to a movie or OVA series and retooled to be canon to the 90s anime that would be awesome.