It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: "The 3D Adventures" PC Game
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Setting up a Virtual Machine does seem like a daunting task, but if you have the knowledge, time and file space it can be relatively simple. Just a heads-up ;3

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Eldsjäl wrote:
Fokkusu wrote:
The only way to get this to run 100% correctly is probably through a virtual PC.

Well the only way to play 3D Adventures completely as intended would be to run it on actual contemporary (mid to late 1990's) PC hardware.

I mean, you could, but that'd be like flying to Italy because you want some Italian food.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:19 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Fokkusu wrote:
I mean, you could, but that'd be like flying to Italy because you want some Italian food.

If the sole purpose for having that old PC rigged up was to be able to play the 3D Adventures of Sailor Moon, I could agree that it would be pretty unnessecary. But hey, some people are just very serious about getting the most authentic experience out of say the 3D fashion salon. ;-)

Spoiler: show
Don't judge! ;-)

On a more serious note I understand that this solution is far from ideal for the most of us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:27 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Other: lunar human
Hey I would like help still although I can play the game does anyone know how fix the picture I can't see the scouts dance to theme song at the beginning of the game or watch the video's please help :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
eternalmoonprincess wrote:
Hey I would like help still although I can play the game does anyone know how fix the picture I can't see the scouts dance to theme song at the beginning of the game or watch the video's please help

There is a folder in the game's archive called "indeo" with codecs required to play the videos correctly. Try running setup.exe from that folder and installing the codecs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Other: lunar human
thank you very much if works :sadeyes: i try later :ohdear:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Call me Neko-chan
Sailor DooM wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:
Lunatastic wrote:
This activity thing seems interesting and I'm scouring for info about it. Anything you guys know?

It's horrendous for one thing.

I dont' think this game is that "horrendous". I think it is, lets say, strange :cthulhu:
Now, it's almost impossible to make this thing to work ptoperly on any current OS (I'm on Win 8 ). Even with compatibility mode you can get something like this...
Attachment:
SM.jpg
:eeklez: (she is supposed to be Sailor Moon P-: )

That's why I consider myself lucky for still using Windows XP ;)
EDIT:Could someone please reupload the game to Google Drive or mediafire ?Any link from sailorvgame.org seems to stop downloading around 88% :angry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:55 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Is it a bad thing that I legit still have this game on cd? Dont have the box/sleeve in came in anymore lol but I still have it xD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:07 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pixies wrote:
Is it a bad thing that I legit still have this game on cd? Dont have the box/sleeve in came in anymore lol but I still have it xD

Not really. =^_^=

The only way it can be a bad thing is make a blog about it and tell everyone its the best :usagi: videogame in history. :googly: ^_^' :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
eternalmoonprincess wrote:
Hey I would like help still although I can play the game does anyone know how fix the picture I can't see the scouts dance to theme song at the beginning of the game or watch the video's please help :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

I tried a long time ago (it's in Mara's torrent) but it was so frustrating I wound up just looking at the videos, pictures, and sound clips. You can find them in the assets, TEXTURES, and TEXTUR8 folders.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:38 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
I actually saw this game at a yard sale the other day for 5 bucks. However, it was just the disc itself and it had way too many scratches for me to even consider buying it. Just by looking at it, I had the feeling that it wouldn't work.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones