* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SAILORVGAME restoration
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Wow thanks guys for putting it back up! I manually saved all the data a few years ago for myself when the "new" version of the site looked like it had petered out ^^;. Glad to see it back up for new fans to discover!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:25 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Any updates? :question: :innocent: :question:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
rgveda99 wrote:

I don't feel like doing anything right now. But when I come to the proper condition, I will upload some new games that were suggested ITT.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maybe someone could help me writing game descriptions to public.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:08 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Gunslinger wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

I don't feel like doing anything right now. But when I come to the proper condition, I will upload some new games that were suggested ITT.

Gunslinger wrote:

It's kind of difficult these days to find people enthusiastic about old video games based on equally old anime series. And as far as I can judge from these two comments, you aren't particularly enthusiastic person either. Maybe I'm wrong? But I kind of have a suspicion that "restored" sailorvgame.org will have a much shorter lifespan than original website had. :ninja:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
It's kind of difficult these days to find people enthusiastic about old video games based on equally old anime series.

If I didn't like Sailor Moon videogames, why would I host this site? Some of your games are difficult to find and I want it to be availiable for public.
Maraviollantes wrote:
And as far as I can judge from these two comments, you aren't particularly enthusiastic person either.

Right now I'm not enthusiastic about anything at all. And as I stated before, I haven't got much of a spare time.
Maraviollantes wrote:
But I kind of have a suspicion that "restored" sailorvgame.org will have a much shorter lifespan than original website had. :ninja:

Maybe. It depends on how much long my homemade server will last. HDD has 1129 days of uptime, I hope it won't die before I find something to backup to.
And Google still hasn't indexed the website. I have to solve this problem somehow either.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmaster-ru/pZuB40b761U;context-place=forum/webmaster-ru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Gunslinger wrote:
Maybe. It depends on how much long my homemade server will last. HDD has 1129 days of uptime, I hope it won't die before I find something to backup to.

Just out of curiosity, why are you hosting it out of your home? There are enough good shared hostings out there for $5 a month or so. Running a server at home 24/7 will cost far more than $5 a month due to electricity bills alone, I think?

As to the indexing issue, I don't have any idea about what could go wrong, sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why are you hosting it out of your home? There are enough good shared hostings out there for $5 a month or so. Running a server at home 24/7 will cost far more than $5 a month due to electricity bills alone, I think?

1) My pal pays the bills in exchange for opportunity to host something himself.
2) Does those good hostings allow storing of 12 GB data?
3) I like to have everything at hand, makes me feel comfortable.
4) I use the server for other purposes as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
And as far as I can judge from these two comments, you aren't particularly enthusiastic person either.

What's wrong if someone who knows english well and who did play a game write a description? It would be redicilous for me to do so before I actually play a game. And I can't play these new games yet because of technical issues.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
Maraviollantes wrote:
It's kind of difficult these days to find people enthusiastic about old video games based on equally old anime series. And as far as I can judge from these two comments, you aren't particularly enthusiastic person either. Maybe I'm wrong? But I kind of have a suspicion that "restored" sailorvgame.org will have a much shorter lifespan than original website had. :ninja:

Lots of people like retro games. I love old DOS games, especially the "classic" Roguelikes, and since 2001 I have run the Rogue Web site coredumpcentral.org.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:
Lots of people like retro games. I love old DOS games, especially the "classic" Roguelikes, and since 2001 I have run the Rogue Web site coredumpcentral.org.

I'd love to play the x68000 fan games most especially Moon Soldier II.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
rgveda99 wrote:
I'd love to play the x68000 fan games most especially Moon Soldier II.

Do you know where I can get it? Sailovgame says that it's lost.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:57 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
:shocked: :ohdear:

Maybe emuparadise?

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sharp_X68000 ... -With-S/23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
rgveda99 wrote:

Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Gunslinger wrote:
Nope.

You'll just have to make a new thread for it and ask other members who still have it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
rgveda99 wrote:
Its downloadable over at chronocrash.com.

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index. ... dl=item164

There's nothing there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Gunslinger wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Its downloadable over at chronocrash.com.

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index. ... dl=item164

There's nothing there.

You might have to register.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:12 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Gunslinger wrote:
What's wrong if someone who knows english well and who did play a game write a description? It would be redicilous for me to do so before I actually play a game. And I can't play these new games yet because of technical issues.

When I was running sailorvgame.org, I spent years playing all those video games, making mods, decompiling and recompiling files, learning programming languages, studying long gone game consoles and OSs, scanning and translating books and booklets, recording gameplay videos, and go figure what else. Because I actually had enthusiasm for that kind of work, and didn't wait for anybody to do all of that for me. And that's why the site became popular and that's why people were coming to it.

When you make (or restore, or whatever) a site, and then just going to wait for somebody to make new content for you, that doesn't strike me as particularly enthusiastic and passionate approach. Hence my scepticism. How all of that will actually turn out in the end is something I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
When I was running sailorvgame.org, I spent years playing all those video games, making mods, decompiling and recompiling files, learning programming languages, studying long gone game consoles and OSs, scanning and translating books and booklets, recording gameplay videos, and go figure what else.

Uh-huh. And then you just dumped everything. What a great example of enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Gunslinger wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
When I was running sailorvgame.org, I spent years playing all those video games, making mods, decompiling and recompiling files, learning programming languages, studying long gone game consoles and OSs, scanning and translating books and booklets, recording gameplay videos, and go figure what else.

Uh-huh. And then you just dumped everything. What a great example of enthusiasm.

Quite so. This great example of enthusiasm was shown to us by our leader Naoko, and I just followed suit. If I had to make a random prediction, I would say your enthusiasm will last way less than mine did. If you think you can do better than me or Naoko and keep working relentlessly and enthusiastically as years pass by, I will be quite happy to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Quite so. This great example of enthusiasm was shown to us by our leader Naoko, and I just followed suit.

I don't know, what are you talking about. But it sounds to me like an exuse. How convenient it is to blame someone else.

Maraviollantes wrote:
I would say your enthusiasm will last way less than mine did.

Maraviollantes wrote:
keep working relentlessly and enthusiastically as years pass by

I'm not you. And collecting Sailor Moon games is not my lifework. What makes you think that I'm obliged to work as hard as you did?

Maraviollantes wrote:
If you think you can do better than me or Naoko

I never challenged anybody. You're the cocky one here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Gunslinger wrote:
What makes you think that I'm obliged to work as hard as you did?

How much or how little (if at all) you should work is up to you to decide. :unsure:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Reorganized the Fan Games section a bit: splitted the list to games and mods, sorted it alphabetically.
United all M.U.G.E.N.-related pages into the single M.U.G.E.N. section.
Moved Sailor Donjara to Mahjong page, Solitaire to Card Games page.
Moved SM Encyclopedia, SM Infodex, Saturn Calculator and Attack Generator to Moon Stuff/Misc page.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Gunslinger wrote:
United all M.U.G.E.N.-related pages into the single M.U.G.E.N. section.

Two thinks... Now days Dos-Mugen version Persons are edit to can be us to one of windows version ( Mugen 1.1 or 1.0) (My self are recomber both... little sad at 1.1 is ONLY beta... but anyway... who that info needs anyway... ( I know at it need dosbos and also some dll files and all files at 6 letter only... much easier is put them work one off Mugen 1.0 or Mugen 1.1 version)

I not say Winmugen, because is not offical version... but if youre select download Mugen... 1.1 at with zoom and order at 30 but... it was not so sure ro work at 1.0 wich not allow zoom and order only to 10... but... that´s 10 order is little more than working game needs...

There also one MUGEN Sailor moon game but it not work (screen wasn´t what it resolution are(?)) Anyway, all others files can use, just not these screen files... :/. (persons/stages.... )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Call me Neko-chan
Destiny Revival's latest beta version of Sailor Moon Classic should be added to SailorVGame,nah?I think this is an awesome remake of Sailor Moon Plus and I really feel it should be included here :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Luna-chan wrote:
Destiny Revival's latest beta version of Sailor Moon Classic should be added to SailorVGame,nah?I think this is an awesome remake of Sailor Moon Plus and I really feel it should be included here :)

Yeah, for sure. I'll add it to my todo list. Right now I'm studying MUGEN, then I'm gonna examine some Android games. I'll get to every game ITT eventually.