Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R 16%  16%  [ 1 ]
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S:Shin Shuyaku Soudatsusen 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon SNES 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: What Is The Best Sailor Moon Video Game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Hey Guys It's Me Just Want To Answer You What Is The Best Sailor Moon Video Game For The SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, Playstation, Or Sega Saturn Its Your Choice My Favorite In General Is Sailor Moon Another Story On The SNES One Of The Best RPG Games I Played.

Attachments:
download (5).jpg
download (5).jpg [ 9.84 KiB | Viewed 531 times ]
download (5).jpg
download (5).jpg [ 9.84 KiB | Viewed 534 times ]

Post subject: Re: What Is The Best Sailor Moon Video Game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
What about all the games that aren't on the poll? There's no "Other" option.

One of my favorites as far as gameplay is "Panic in Nakayoshi World" for SNES/Super Famicom, it's a fun little game kind of like Bomberman. I wind up going back to replay that the most out of the Sailor Moon games I've tried.

The PC Engine Game's story is hard to rate since it's not translated, but the visuals and voice acting alone fascinate me, because it's like watching a movie sequel to season 1 of the anime, all about the Shitennou and the Dark Kingdom's resurrection, including scenes where Naru tries to help the resurrected-but-wounded Nephrite and has to sort out things with Umino at the same time (since they were more of a couple by then), and stuff like that. They even bring back the Kurozuishou (Nephrite's Black Crystal). I long for a complete translation of it.

Another Story has a great story, graphics, and music, but compared to the gameplay of contemporary SNES Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games (especially Dragon Quest III and Final Fantasy V) it's not quite as good as those from what I've played so far. I'm still slowly working on finishing it, but I do like it a lot. I wish they'd make another Sailor Moon RPG that ties into every story arc (with ideas from the manga and the anime), like what this was doing (at the time; SuperS and the Dream Arc didn't exist yet during development), but more of it.

The fighting and /beat-em-up games... I dunno. They're kinda neat but they're all hard to play, I'm not good at that type of game. I wish they'd let you play as more characters besides just the Sailor Senshi (at least for the fighting games), since it'd be neat to play as villain characters and it would make more sense for the fights to be happening.

Some of the puzzle type games are fun, especially Sailor Moon S: Kurukkurin for SNES/Super Famicom (the one where the Luna P/"Artemis P" balls bounce around to uncover hearts and you try to get the three talismans before the other player, and mess up each other's playfield with the characters' special attacks). That one's actually another big favorite of mine.

I'm kind repeating myself from another thread at this point, but oh well XD They're good games brant.

Ultimately, I kind of like them all since I like both Sailor Moon and 16-bit/8-bit games. I might also enjoy the rare newer games like Sailor Moon Drops, but I have a cheap old flipphone on a family plan and haven't looked up if there's a PC version because I've been too poor to buy new games for a while, and have other concerns to address first when I stop being as poor. ^_^'

As long as I'm rambling, I have some ideas/notes for a Zelda-type fangame I might someday make based on Sailor Moon, since I already made a Zelda fangame for the "Zelda Classic" engine. The idea is that you'd switch between playing different characters, and they each have a special attack that acts sort of like an item in Zelda (so Sailor Venus uses the Love-Me Chain to grab things, Sailor Moon uses the Moon Tiara like a boomerang, etc). But that's still in the early planning stages, and there's other stuff I'm gonna make first, like a fanfic I've been writing all year.

Also, this thread will probably get moved to the videogame forum at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:28 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Mitsukara wrote:
What about all the games that aren't on the poll? There's no "Other" option.

One of my favorites as far as gameplay is "Panic in Nakayoshi World" for SNES/Super Famicom, it's a fun little game kind of like Bomberman. I wind up going back to replay that the most out of the Sailor Moon games I've tried.

The PC Engine Game's story is hard to rate since it's not translated, but the visuals and voice acting alone fascinate me, because it's like watching a movie sequel to season 1 of the anime, all about the Shitennou and the Dark Kingdom's resurrection, including scenes where Naru tries to help the resurrected-but-wounded Nephrite and has to sort out things with Umino at the same time (since they were more of a couple by then), and stuff like that. They even bring back the Kurozuishou (Nephrite's Black Crystal). I long for a complete translation of it.

Another Story has a great story, graphics, and music, but compared to the gameplay of contemporary SNES Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games (especially Dragon Quest III and Final Fantasy V) it's not quite as good as those from what I've played so far. I'm still slowly working on finishing it, but I do like it a lot. I wish they'd make another Sailor Moon RPG that ties into every story arc (with ideas from the manga and the anime), like what this was doing (at the time; SuperS and the Dream Arc didn't exist yet during development), but more of it.

The fighting and /beat-em-up games... I dunno. They're kinda neat but they're all hard to play, I'm not good at that type of game. I wish they'd let you play as more characters besides just the Sailor Senshi (at least for the fighting games), since it'd be neat to play as villain characters and it would make more sense for the fights to be happening.

Some of the puzzle type games are fun, especially Sailor Moon S: Kurukkurin for SNES/Super Famicom (the one where the Luna P/"Artemis P" balls bounce around to uncover hearts and you try to get the three talismans before the other player, and mess up each other's playfield with the characters' special attacks). That one's actually another big favorite of mine.

I'm kind repeating myself from another thread at this point, but oh well XD They're good games brant.

Ultimately, I kind of like them all since I like both Sailor Moon and 16-bit/8-bit games. I might also enjoy the rare newer games like Sailor Moon Drops, but I have a cheap old flipphone on a family plan and haven't looked up if there's a PC version because I've been too poor to buy new games for a while, and have other concerns to address first when I stop being as poor. ^_^'

As long as I'm rambling, I have some ideaRecommeds/notes for a Zelda-type fangame I might someday make based on Sailor Moon, since I already made a Zelda fangame for the "Zelda Classic" engine. The idea is that you'd switch between playing different characters, and they each have a special attack that acts sort of like an item in Zelda (so Sailor Venus uses the Love-Me Chain to grab things, Sailor Moon uses the Moon Tiara like a boomerang, etc). But that's still in the early planning stages, and there's other stuff I'm gonna make first, like a fanfic I've been writing all year.

Also, this thread will probably get moved to the videogame forum at some point.

Sorry For Not Adding The Other Option Or The Game That You Recommended To Me

Attachments:
download (5).jpg
download (5).jpg [ 9.84 KiB | Viewed 477 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
i like all of them,but smas is my favorite.it has an air of a visual novel to me :keke:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:05 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
I've played almost all of them except for the puzzle games and the one on DS. The Genesis and arcade games are my favorites, though neither of them are choices in this poll.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:00 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The arcade game, Drops, and Another Story are my favorites.

The arcade game is simply the most aesthetically appealing of all the fighting games in the series, at least to me. While Drops is a match 3 mobile game, the characters and animations are pretty cute, and it's one of the few games of it's genre that's had me hooked for more than a month. Finally, Another Story is beautiful, especially for it's time. I wish it would get a remake or something, but with the luck this fandom has had with console games so far, I don't see it happening.

The other fighting games are kinda cool, but I prefer the enhanced openbor fangames that KungPow has done.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:15 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
litacan wrote:
i like all of them,but smas is my favorite.it has an air of a visual novel to me :keke:

Same For Me I Love Sailor Moon Another Story Its One Of My Favorite RPGs Of All Time Move Over Undertale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:17 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
GTAB wrote:
I've played almost all of them except for the puzzle games and the one on DS. The Genesis and arcade games are my favorites, though neither of them are choices in this poll.

Sorry For Not Adding Them :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Shiro Darklight wrote:
The arcade game, Drops, and Another Story are my favorites.

The arcade game is simply the most aesthetically appealing of all the fighting games in the series, at least to me. While Drops is a match 3 mobile game, the characters and animations are pretty cute, and it's one of the few games of it's genre that's had me hooked for more than a month. Finally, Another Story is beautiful, especially for it's time. I wish it would get a remake or something, but with the luck this fandom has had with console games so far, I don't see it happening.

The other fighting games are kinda cool, but I prefer the enhanced openbor fangames that KungPow has done.

Another Story And The Arcade Game Are Really Great Games Those Are My Favorite But Mostly Sailor Moon Another Story

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:54 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The game the fighting gaming community are having tournaments twice a week. ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membership
Other: PK Starstorm!
You forgot about the 3DO fighting game :o

I like this game, at least its graphically better than the PSX/Saturn versions :ohmy:

OT, My favorite SM game is SMAS, the story is pretty cool (I think it could be made as a movie or an OVA). This was the first RPG game I ever payed and finished and it was pertty fun.
The arcade game is fine, but it feels a bit empty. If all the unused things (Sailor V, Cutscenes, the VS mode, and the ending, etc...) were used, It surely would been the best SM game ever IMO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
FWIW, I like the Genesis version of the first game better than the SNES one. The graphics and controls are more refined, and the music is much catchier. I can't say whether or not it's better than R on SNES since I haven't played that one a whole lot.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:32 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
GTAB wrote:
I can't say whether or not it's better than R on SNES since I haven't played that one a whole lot.

The R game is the best when it comes to fun. It even surpasses the arcade game. While the arcade game is graphically superior it suffers from repetitive gameplay.

With :usagi: R the programmers added a lot of abilities for the sailors like the jump slams. Like any other beat em up its best played with a friend.