Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Kotaete Moon Call (obscure video game)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Today on WikiMoon, somebody asked about 'Kotaete Moon Call', a mysterious thing mentioned on Hitoshi Doi's site. After trawling through various Japanese and Spanish sites, this is what I've come up with, and I wonder if our resident video game experts could shed some more light on the issue...

Kotaete Moon Call seems to have been a game released in 1994 for a short-lived system called the Bandai Terebikko. This oddity of a system apparently connected to a VCR and used video tapes in some contrived and mysterious way. I'm assuming it was an early attempt at making a game with TV-quality graphics... indeed, I've found references to Terebikko games for Ultraman, DBZ and some other anime that I've never heard of. However, this system really seems to have sunk without a trace. So does anybody know anything about this at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:49 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Are you referring to the Sailor Moon S game that featured some actual animated scenes? I remeber some site posted images of it (I think it was here actually) that dealt with a celebrity (I think an artist) getting attacked by a Daimon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:30 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Indeed interesting. This is the first time I hear about the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:25 pm 
inactive
Umino wrote:
Are you referring to the Sailor Moon S game that featured some actual animated scenes? I remeber some site posted images of it (I think it was here actually) that dealt with a celebrity (I think an artist) getting attacked by a Daimon.

That certainly sounds like it. It was Sailor Moon S, and I believe the format would have certainly allowed for animated footage. The only details I know come from a passing mention on Hitoshi Doi's site, about a character called "Quiiz" who knows Sailor Mercury's identity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:18 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I have an idea. Umino, isn't the daimon on the screenhot the one you are talking about? While she appears, she pronounces her name as "Quii-zu" (Quiz). Is it possible that Hitoshi Doi was referencing this particular daimon? If so than it is possible that "Kotaete Moon Call" does not exist at all.

The daimon on the screenshot is from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S: Quiz Taiketsu game for Playdia.

Attachments:
File comment: Daimon Quiz
daimon_quiz.jpg
daimon_quiz.jpg [ 17.82 KiB | Viewed 11472 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Yup, that's the one! Where did you get that? I remeber there were also other images too, including I believe some new henshins.

So, that means THIS may be the cover "Kotaete Moon Call"? (Playdia Sailor Moon S cover, as you said):

EDIT:

Here we go. Searched and found the original thread. (With Pictures for Playdia SMS & SMSS)

Funny, the Daimon picture in'st there. But I DO remeber seeing it. o__o;

Maybe I saw it somewhere else??

Attachments:
sailorcover.jpg
sailorcover.jpg [ 73.73 KiB | Viewed 11503 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:06 pm 
inactive
Well, there are a handful of independent references to the game's existence... but I think it's quite possible that it may just be an alternate version of the Playdia game. Both consoles were Bandai, after all, and they both had the capability to show full-motion video. Incidentally, you can read a bit about the Bandai Telebikko here (scroll to the bottom).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:25 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Discovery! Someone posted the video to Chibimoon and Sailor Moon's henshinon Youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 94 months ago
inactive
I remember that thread! Wow, that was a while ago huh? This is kinda like how the Saturn version of Sailormoon SuperS Various Emotion ahd some animated scenes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:52 am 
inactive
Remarkable. This is all most enlightening... especially as I've just realised that my treasured Sailor Moon cel may actually be from the S Playdia game! I'd spent ages trying to work out the episode it was from, to no avail... so maybe this is the reason. Compare this to the pic of Haruka in Michiru at the start of the original thread. The clothes are the same (I think the only other time these outfits appear is episode 95) and from the positioning of the characters, I think it's quite conceivable that they're from the same scene. I'd love to see a video of it and find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:55 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Umino wrote:
Discovery! Someone posted the video to Chibimoon and Sailor Moon's henshinon Youtube.

This video along with three other Playdia videos and scanned game manuals are available at http://sailorvgame.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
That's for the link, and info.

I'm kind of surprised Toei didn't put the animated scenes as extras on DVDs. Footage from the infamous Dragon Ball Z Playdia game (the "Lost Movie" as fans called it) was avaliable on the DVDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sorry for the double post, but it seems there IS a Kotaete Moon Call!

Look what I found on Yahoo Japan. I'd bid on it, but the price is a bit high.

Attachments:
puyuutokunichi-img451x600-1151239410img_1565.jpg
puyuutokunichi-img451x600-1151239410img_1565.jpg [ 47.56 KiB | Viewed 11372 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:47 am 
inactive
Well spotted! Looks like it is the same game as the Playdia version (or at least very similar) after all. And that controller looks genuinely bizarre... I've seen a few refernces (though only in Japanese) to the "Telebikko Cordless", so I guess that's it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Looks like someone else is selling the video, the game system (??), and a few other Sailor Moon goods in this auction.

With the starting price at 500 Yen.. I may have to think about this.

Post subject: I've heard of Terebikko
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I recently posted this on Wikimoon minutes ago, might as well put it here, too. I was trying to find info or a place to buy a Terebikko unit (without going to Japan to hunt for one).

Regarding Bandai's "Terebikko" - I have 2 of these tapes from an eBay auction years ago. My guess in how Terebikko operated is this: The audio and video are fed through the Terebikko unit to the TV. (Some people said you could connect it to the TV but I don't see how.) Computer codes encoded into one or both audio channels trigger the unit to do various things like make the phone ring and have audio come out the handset's speaker to give the illusion your child is actually talking to the character on-screen. The push buttons allow the user to input an answer based on the onscreen question. I don't know if the system allowed for pausing of the VCR as it played the tape. I can guess that depending on the answer, the Terebikko unit would blank out the screen depending on your answer until the part of the tape that didn't apply passed by. I should try capturing the computer codes in the 2 tapes I have - Anpanman (the tape is about various vehicles), and Keroppi. I myself would be interested to find a copy of any Sailor Moon tapes made for this - plenty of people know about Dragonball Z tapes made for Terebikko.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:27 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This system is very intriguing. I would like to see some footage of that game.

Post subject: Terebikko video
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Nekorin wrote:
This system is very intriguing. I would like to see some footage of that game.

I think some clips of other tapes have been placed on Youtube. The tapes when played in a VCR without Terebikko just look like any ordinary videotape, they just come to a point where a code gets sent down one of the audio channels and you hear it, along with voice prompts as to what the question is and have the user choose one. Then both the "rewards" for the good answer followed by the bad answer (in that order) follow after the point at which you're supposed to press a button or something.

I think it would be easier to capture the audio and let people hear that. Each tape I have starts off with a test to make sure everything is connected right and the unit is powered on.

I copied some tapes to DVD last week and the 2 Terebikko tapes are on one disk that my stupid recorder actually managed to finalize right. I need to get IsoBuster for the 2 that didn't.

In my previous post - I made a little omission. What I meant to say: I presume Terebikko connected between the VCR and TV, while some people said it could connect the unit to the TV directly without the VCR. Wouldn't that make it not exactly work like they intended? Today, such tapes and units are obsolete since DVDs and the players could do the same thing! I'd like to see a Terebikko tape adapted in that way.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

Post subject: Re: Kotaete Moon Call (obscure video game)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow it's been a few years since anyone reply in this post. I managed to find a 'brand new' Sailor Moon S: Kotaete Moon Call after all these years on some Japanese website! I have uploaded the whole anime/game onto Youtube.

☽☽☿♂ DESCRIPTION OF THE GAME ♃♀♅♆
* The format of this game is a VHS tape. You will need a VCR in order to play and watch the video tape.
* Terebikko: A shape toy cordless phone that has four large buttons numbered 1 to 4. The Terebikko can either be connected to the VCR or the TV. When a character picks up the phone, the actual Terebikko rings like a regular phone. Once you pick up the phone, you can hear the character speaking on the phone; giving you instructions to press one of the four buttons you think is the right answer. Regardless which button you chose, the character will tell you the correct answer and wrong answer.
* The "Terebikko" is an optional accessory to have. You don't need the Terebikko in order to play the game.
* Triva: If you don't plug in the "red" composite cable into the TV, you cannot hear the characters talking when they are calling you.
* YES, VHS tape/VCR. This game does not come in any other formats.
* It's like watching a hidden/secret episode. :oh:

Efforts:
*I must admit, I spent $300.00 just to upload this for all the Sailor Moon Fans out there! :ohmy:
*The Sailor Moon S Kotaete Moon Call video was $50.00
*I had to buy a new VCR! YES, a VCR which nobody uses anymore. $100.00.
*Well how else me I suppose to upload onto the internet, so I bought a video capture device (HQ/HD) for $150.00.
YES, I AM A CRAZY SAILOR MOON FAN, LOL! ^_^' (NOT CRAZY COSPLAY!) :tongue:

Here is the link: (Enjoy!) :keke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHIMP71gAM

In all my hard efforts I listed above, you'll just have to bear with my watermarks on the video! :mischief:

♇ CASE CLOSED! ♄ :cool: (This is an anime too, lol!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
eternalsaturn55 wrote:
Wow it's been a few years since anyone reply in this post. I managed to find a 'brand new' Sailor Moon S: Kotaete Moon Call after all these years on some Japanese website! I have uploaded the whole anime/game onto Youtube.

Well done! I'll watch the video tomorrow.
In the past I bought a VHS player and a video capturing PC card because of BSSM, too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:26 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Dragon Ball Z also did this as well. Goku even meets his younger self at one point.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon ... %C4%81rudo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H0zM-6wUPE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Okay.

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
eternalsaturn55 wrote:
you'll just have to bear with my watermarks on the video

Attachment:
NotAmused.jpg
NotAmused.jpg [ 98.12 KiB | Viewed 7828 times ]

So you locate what was an obscure Sailor Moon video and paste a watermark on it while uploading it to Youtube.

Wrong aspect ratio. As far as the font for the subs - just use Arial with the color of 1FFCFF and be done with it. I could crop off the top of the picture and be happy with the result while converting it to AVI.

How about trying again without all the dickery? It's like you're trying to do the fan community a big favor, then spit in their face by putting a watermark on the video. Better yet, offer a raw download with a separate timed sub file.

I notice how the 19 minute Tia Browsh thing I shared got uploaded to Youtube without so much a watermark and not even a modicum of mention of where it came from. It's got WBNX all over it so I know it came from my tape. But it's still no reason to plaster crap over it.

Must be an ego-trip thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
eternalsaturn55 wrote:

Attachment:
NotAmused.jpg

So you locate what was an obscure Sailor Moon video and paste a watermark on it while uploading it to Youtube.

Wrong aspect ratio. As far as the font for the subs - just use Arial with the color of 1FFCFF and be done with it. I could crop off the top of the picture and be happy with the result while converting it to AVI.

How about trying again without all the dickery? It's like you're trying to do the fan community a big favor, then spit in their face by putting a watermark on the video. Better yet, offer a raw download with a separate timed sub file.

I notice how the 19 minute Tia Browsh thing I shared got uploaded to Youtube without so much a watermark and not even a modicum of mention of where it came from. It's got WBNX all over it so I know it came from my tape. But it's still no reason to plaster crap over it.

You really should see what happens when people DON'T properly watermark their Sailor Moon videos on Youtube. Everyone, and I mean basically EVERYONE steals their work and claims as their own.

Hell, I can't even upload any SFX or Voices that I ripped anymore because people actually go the lengths of ripping them from my video, at a lower quality, just to say 'Hey I ripped these voices by myself from the anime!' when in actuality they didn't.

It's far from an ego-trip. It's just you can't do squat anymore without over zealous fans taking every ounce of your work while trying to make you look like the bad person.

Edit: I actually even had a horribly photoshopped 'Sailor Stars' with DiC font from ages ago and someone literally stole THAT from my video at a lower quality and tried claiming 'We worked together as a team!' on his videos. THAT'S how bad it gets.

Also another example: Someone literally copied my profile years ago word for word, background, settings, everything, just to upload MY videos and claim that I have an alternate account and that the one I originally had was a fake. (Not turning this into a me thread)

But it's seriously sadistic what some of these fans will do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Thanks! :)
That 'episode' was totally new for me.
Thanks for sharing ^_^ ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:10 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Persona User
eternalsaturn55 wrote:

☽☽☿♂ DESCRIPTION OF THE GAME ♃♀♅♆
* The format of this game is a VHS tape. You will need a VCR in order to play and watch the video tape.
* Terebikko: A shape toy cordless phone that has four large buttons numbered 1 to 4. The Terebikko can either be connected to the VCR or the TV. When a character picks up the phone, the actual Terebikko rings like a regular phone. Once you pick up the phone, you can hear the character speaking on the phone; giving you instructions to press one of the four buttons you think is the right answer. Regardless which button you chose, the character will tell you the correct answer and wrong answer.
* The "Terebikko" is an optional accessory to have. You don't need the Terebikko in order to play the game.
* Triva: If you don't plug in the "red" composite cable into the TV, you cannot hear the characters talking when they are calling you.
* YES, VHS tape/VCR. This game does not come in any other formats.
* It's like watching a hidden/secret episode. :oh:

Efforts:
*I must admit, I spent $300.00 just to upload this for all the Sailor Moon Fans out there! :ohmy:
*The Sailor Moon S Kotaete Moon Call video was $50.00
*I had to buy a new VCR! YES, a VCR which nobody uses anymore. $100.00.
*Well how else me I suppose to upload onto the internet, so I bought a video capture device (HQ/HD) for $150.00.
YES, I AM A CRAZY SAILOR MOON FAN, LOL! ^_^' (NOT CRAZY COSPLAY!) :tongue:

Here is the link: (Enjoy!) :keke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHIMP71gAM

In all my hard efforts I listed above, you'll just have to bear with my watermarks on the video! :mischief:

♇ CASE CLOSED! ♄ :cool: (This is an anime too, lol!)

That was very entertaining. Thanks for the video. :D

I am most certainly in the mood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MrShoujo wrote:
eternalsaturn55 wrote:

Attachment:
NotAmused.jpg

Dude are you serious? She didn't have to share this with anyone. Thank you ternalsaturn55, I for one appreciate all your rare finds. Upload them and watermark them how ever you like! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 44 months ago
inactive
shishisenkou wrote:

You really should see what happens when people DON'T properly watermark their Sailor Moon videos on Youtube. Everyone, and I mean basically EVERYONE steals their work and claims as their own.

Recording a video is hardly work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
raywing wrote:
shishisenkou wrote:

Recording a video is hardly work.

But didn't the person actually spend money to get it? I call that work.

Yeesh, whether or not it's hard work or not doesn't really mean squat. The fans are horrifically terrible on SM. We're lucky this video is even up at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 44 months ago
inactive
No. Work is actually making something. Ripping video from a game that you had nothing to do with in terms of production does not merit some sort of badge of honor in the form of a water mark. And in the end, no one is going to give a ☹ who it was who ripped the game in the first place. The simple fact that someone would want recognition for something so ultimately petty is pathetic.