Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Demonic Sailor Moon wrote:
If this game is called "Sailor V", then why do I see all the other Senshi in this and not just Sailor V?

Apart from being a letter of alphabet, "V" stands also for "5" in the Roman numeral system. The katakana letters above "V" (on the title screen) say "fa i bu"(five), so the actual title of the game is not [sailor vi] but [sailor five]. The term probably refers to the five inner senshi (?) Chances are it is described in game documentation ("document" menu item).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
I knew that game was going to be awful seeing it was called "Sailor V" when a) Sailor V isn't in it, b) it's just Moon and the 5 inners and it is called "Sailor V".

Reminds me of games like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and Superman 64 where the game itself lies to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:52 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I knew that game was going to be awful seeing it was called "Sailor V" when a) Sailor V isn't in it, b) it's just Moon and the 5 inners and it is called "Sailor V"...

I think I explained already why "V" is in the title. What is so "awful" there? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah but when most people think of Sailor V, they usually think of the character the character. However, I said this game was bad and I should of stated the bad gameplay and graphics but I didn't. Bad games just sometimes have titles that missinterprate things such as the Sailor V title and making us think it is a Sailor V game. V does mean 5 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:20 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 75 months ago
inactive
I had fun playing the game :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
i thought that game was awesom its better than the S and SuperS
fighting games made by angel studios ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am 
After going through so much trouble to find it, the quality of gameplay is quite disappointing. Like Daio said, I don't mind the graphics (how good graphics can a SX68000 game have, anyway? :oops: ), but the keycombos are almost impossible to execute. :x ... MUGEN and the official SMS & SuperS are way better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:17 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
Anton-P wrote:
I knew that game was going to be awful seeing it was called "Sailor V" when a) Sailor V isn't in it, b) it's just Moon and the 5 inners and it is called "Sailor V"...

I think I explained already why "V" is in the title. What is so "awful" there? :?

I think that Sailor V does appear there, when your playing in Sailor Venus' place and against herself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:35 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SGradeFreak wrote:
... MUGEN and the official SMS & SuperS are way better.

Don't forget that Mugen was released almost six years later than BSSV. Six years is a huge amount of time for game industry, and it's not fair to compare games that were created at altogether different levels of technology. Back in 1993-1994, when BSSV was released, Doom with its monstrous pixels and 256 colors was considered to be the highest achievement in game development of the time, and DOS was the most popular OS. Another thing not to be forgotten is that BSSV is not professional game, but fan-made one.
If you want to compare it to something, that should be not Mugen, but a game you personally (as another fan) can create using MS-DOS and 486 DX computer with 4 MB of RAM. To tell nothing that back then there were no RPG Makers, no Game Makers, not even crappy OHRRPGCE. You probably could find somewhere a book with Assembler codes though >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:46 pm 
That's why I said, I don't mind the graphics. :tongue:
But if the input system also becomes crappy, what is left of the game to admire (except for the fact that it's related to SM, of course)? The most important thing about a Street Fighter type of game is the ability to perform special moves with keycombos, and when you're unable to do that just because the game needs you to put 'em in REALLY FAST and sometimes won't detect I/P properly, you get frustrated... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:51 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive

I dont understand... umhh... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:53 pm 
Er... What? .__.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 66 months ago
inactive
O_0 thats stange...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorGalaxia wrote:

I dont understand... umhh... :oops:

Told you guys I was as confused as she is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 pm 
Will anybody tell me what this is about!? :shock: :evil: @_@ What is everybody confused about? :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Its easy for me to do specials on this game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 64 months ago
inactive
I tried installing the joystick emulator and it said it's not Windows XP compatible...did anyone else run into this? Is it okay to run the emulator still? I'm really curious to try this game...

On that note, what powers does Sailor V have, those that Venus has?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
DodoWindam wrote:
I tried installing the joystick emulator and it said it's not Windows XP compatible...did anyone else run into this? Is it okay to run the emulator still? I'm really curious to try this game...

On that note, what powers does Sailor V have, those that Venus has?

Yup! But can't fight as Sailor V... you have to face agaisnt her as Sailor Venus (only)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:48 am 
Unless you're player#2, that is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:39 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
DodoWindam wrote:
I tried installing the joystick emulator and it said it's not Windows XP compatible...did anyone else run into this? Is it okay to run the emulator still?

I ran into this as well and yes, it's still okay to install the program. Just skip that warning message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
i ve played better games then this one i thought the game would be good since you need to install all this programs but i was wrong....YAY MY 10OO POST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
inactive
I actually enjoy this game. I've played the 3do, SNES and Playstation fighting games and never enjoy much success in any of those, lol, but I thought the moves were actually pretty easy to execute. Probably has something to do with an ancient console system lol...shows how lame I am.

I liked some of the attacks. When I played Jupiter, she crouched low and summoned a...lightning field?... around her to act as a defense, and Mercury's Shine Aqua Illusion and Mars' Burning Mandala are sweet defenses! And huzzah for Moon Healing Escalation being in there!

Graphics, granted, aren't that great, but the music is really nice for a midi format. Some of the attack graphics are actually pretty excellent, IMHO.

Just wanted to add my two cents. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
The fact you could pull off Burning Mandala is a wonder in itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:27 pm 
inactive
Do you guys know who the final boss is?

P.s. Well, at last I think she is the final boss, I was not able to beat her...that pink haired b----h :lol: :twisted:

Last edited by Toy Soldier on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:58 am 
Don't use swear words... It's rude. After all, you're still insulting ChibiUsa. I really think you should go through the rules. Go to the announcements section and click the first thread.

And are there Demando, Saphir, Rubeus and other BM clan fighters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:02 am 
inactive
Come on, just joking, anyway, I've censured it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:22 am 
inactive
Daio wrote:
The fact you could pull off Burning Mandala is a wonder in itself.

Hahaha, beans no. I've had the most success with Venus, although I've only managed three of her four attacks...I only saw how Mars functioned because she beat me bum...

And dude! Black Lady?!??? ROCK IT. I've only recently developed my own personal affinty for her, she is le smokin. I like that she has the crescent moon mark. Hmm, I wonder if she really IS the last boss...worth investigating.

Although I gotta say that it irks me that once you're defeated, you don't get any continue option--you have to restart. Grr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:45 am 
inactive
DodoWindam wrote:
Although I gotta say that it irks me that once you're defeated, you don't get any continue option--you have to restart. Grr.

I hate this.... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:52 am 
inactive
Seera Muun wrote:
Do you guys know who the final boss is?

...Well, at last I think she is the final boss, I was not able to beat her...that pink haired b----h :lol: :twisted:

Yes, she's the final boss. Wonder what it looks like when you do win the game, because

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH*$&%&#&@^(#*(#@^%(!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

she truly is evil. And she uses Luna P. In very scary and bad ways that no Luna P should ever experience. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:03 am 
Luna-P? The real Black Lady actually threw away Luna-P... :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next