* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon for Wii
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
Finally, the day has come. After months of planning the future of Destiny Revival, this is what I've worked so hard on for Otakon 2008 and now the Sailor Moon fan world will know just what my big "secret" was.

Introducing...
PRETTY GUARDIAN SAILOR MOON
For the Nintendo Wii

Image *Very early WIP picture*

That’s right! Destiny Revival is going mainstream by creating Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon – The Game for the Wii!
- Following the story of the live action series, play as Usagi and all of the other Sailor Senshi as they battle it out with Queen Beryl of the Dark Kingdom!
- Featuring Widescreen gameplay for up to 4 players and will use Wiimote functionality to unleash devastating special moves!

Here are a few shots from the PGSM demo.
Image Image
Image Image

Sadly, it wasn't ready for Otakon, but I did show the actual Wii engine by debuting Code Name Sailor V on the Wii for the first time to the general public. Needless to say, people were impressed that fan gaming has finally caught up with the next generation consoles. I also announced that I would have Sailor Moon S and PGSM both playable at next year's Otakon *July 17th -19th* How I'm going to do that is yet to be determined but trust me it will.

Now, go out there, tell your friends and Keep on supporting Destiny Revival!

Post subject: Re: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon for Wii
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
WOW WOW WOW WOW :shock: YOUR A GENIUS KUNGPOW REALLY :shock:

Im lost at how good this game looks and how proffesional...your officially the best fan game maker :mrgreen:

Is the game just gonna be availabel for the WII Console or will it be one for tHe PC since i dont have a WII :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm 
inactive
Right now, these are the platforms that will play PGSM "well":

Nintendo Wii (it's going to be a timed exclusive)
Playstation Portable (I used it a lot as my test console until I finished the Wii build)
Playstation 3 (Via Linux port, Ubuntu)
PC
*Xbox1

*Need to figure out how its truecolorsupport is and how good it is

Of course, to play the game on the other systems, you'll need to know how to work homebrew on them or whatever. Luckily for PC owners, in the near future, a few companies are going to make Wiimote-like controllers and I will more than likely branch my Wii controls over to the PC build of OpenBoR if the controls match up exactly with the controllers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
Thanks god PC is on the list :mrgreen: ....im so happy right now :mrgreen: ......So the release date of this game should be around next year right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 pm 
inactive
It will be playable next year, I'm not sure if it'll be released then. I still need a little of help on that team but we should be looking good.

In case you're wondering how I'm able to do this, there are now two teams: Team Soldier and Team Guardian. Team Soldier will be working on Sailor Moon S. Team Guardian will be working on Pretty Guardian. My role on both teams is to obviously be the Project Lead, code the games up, sprite up graphics when I can and tweak the crap out of the games.

I've asked Meli to be the Artist Lead for Team Soldier and Tuxedo Starr will be the Artist Lead on Team Guardian. What's good about Team Guardian is that the Legendary Mr.Grill is on that team (Mr.Grill was a genius back in the golden days of Beats of Rage modding). You could very well say that Mr.Grill is another me on Team Guardian. Of course, there are some things that he can't do that I can do now due to him being MIA from the OpenBoR scene for a while, but that doesn't mean that I will out class him, oh no. We're all in this for one goal, to make Sailor Moon games for the masses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 62 months ago
inactive
:shock: Wow!! A Sailor Moon game now on the wii!!!! This is awesome!! I can't wait 4 it 2 come out!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:22 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Nice sprites 8)

kungpow12345 wrote:
In case you're wondering how I'm able to do this, there are now two teams: Team Soldier and Team Guardian. Team Soldier will be working on Sailor Moon S. Team Guardian will be working on Pretty Guardian.

What about Sailor V?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 pm 
inactive
Like I said in the official Sailor V thread, I'm shooting for an October release but once I'm done with it, I'm going to focus all of my attention on Sailor Moon S. Team Guardian has the PGSM stuff all under control for now so I don't have to play puppet master lol.

All of the games are looking very very good. Sailor V, especially. :lol: It got alot of great reactions at the convention, even on the Wii.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Sprites are amazing! I'm so jealous :(!

As usual, looks fantastic!

Sera Senshi News

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:22 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This does indeed look amazing! Queen Beryl looks so evil in that picture! I can't wait for this game's release!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:55 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 60 months ago
inactive
It's so pretty!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
I gotta say your game is the next best thing with the big time gaming concole.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
Great News!!!! :mrgreen: Good Luck with this! It looks great so far! ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
Will you have to modify the Wii to play it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 am 
inactive
The parts you will require is Zelda: Twilight Princess (you can borrow a copy or use your own) and a copy of the Twilight Hack.

Basically what you need to do is check the underside of the DVD and see what the end bar code reads. When you know what the region code is, use the Twilight Hack that corresponds to that bar code save and load it on a SD in the Wii's front slot. *Warning* SD Card should ONLY be in FAT format, FAT32 will not work.

When you run the twilight hack for the first time, it'll try to load a boot.elf file. The next thing you're going to need is the Homebrew Channel installer. You can find that here. Once you install that, you can download all of the applications, emulators and media players you want. The best place to go is tehskeen and look for an application called Wii Homebrew Browser. When you download this app and load it to your Wii's front slot, you can download all of those cool apps. Eventually OpenBoR Wii will be there too. Thus, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and all of the previous Sailor Moon games I've released thus far will be playable on the Wii.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 69 months ago
inactive
Hey all, I'm glad you're excited for the game. I used to go by TuxedoStarr as a nascent forum-goer at Genvid, so...Now I'm a dodo *lol*

Anyway, thanks for the compliments on the sprites--it's a lot of hard work, but it's fun :) although, personally, I think that Sailorluna should've been a surprise...mayhap there will be more.... ;)

As the Artist Lead of Team Guardian, if there is anyone who enjoys/is good at spriting and willing to help color/edit animations of the Senshi from their original arcade form to the PGSM game form (colors and hair, mainly), please contact either Kungpow or myself. It's quite a big project if we're going to convert them all, up to and including Luna, Shitennou and Beryl, so we'll need all the help and support we can get. As the Artist Lead, I'd be interested to see an example of your conversion work, and I'm sure that Kungpow, as game director, will want to see it as well. We will supply you with an example sprite, or if you have work from previous endeavors, we will review it as well.

(all this "we" business may just mean "i". i don't know yet how much power I have. Mwa ha ha!!!...)

Positive and cooperative attitudes are also important :)

Again, only consider if you are truly interested and willing to commit, and positive commentary is always appreciated! Thank you, guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Woow,woow,woow. So nice,nice sprites and everything. I luv it. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
Any chance of an xbox 360 port using XNA? :tongue:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 78 months ago
inactive
I just peed my pants in excitement. This is amazing! I can't wait! Those sprites are really gorgeous! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Amazing work! Can’t wait to play it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 65 months ago
inactive
First, KP, thank you for your compliment from last month [link] on what I did.

I must start off by saying it's an impressive amount of work in editing the arcade sprites (from Dodo Windam) and overall impressive in aesthetic terms. Editing the sprites for making available Sailor V and especially Chibi-Luna (not to mention the Shitennou). I can't exactly comment good-or-bad in gameplay unless if it's very similar to the Arcade and Super NES beat-'em-ups of the '90s and/or a video of it in action comes out.

But--and I'll admit before I do comment that I should probably open up more than a couple episodes and people's impressions--but it's Pretty Guardian Sailormoon. I probably shouldn't expect something as accurate as the manga and as cheerful as the anime can be sometimes, but at times in my head a little angry purist guy just keeps kicking me over it. It's not terrible though, and I guess I can get into it more. More importantly, I understand if it wasn't PGSM-themed it would've been a flashier SMP based on the arcade.
Another downside is just a very minor one in your first image (the Senshi posing) and fourth image (Chibi-Luna versus Kunzite) regarding the faint, faint blue stars illuminating where the night time side of the moon should be blocking. Well, unless Kamesennin kamehameha'd the moon again...

So, aside from personal taste from what I've seen and a nitpick, I still think it is something that shows promise to those (next year) who have a Wii. I, unfortunately, am not one of those and am unsure if I will (be able to) get one (or the other consoles), so the only chance for me will be when it'll be released for the PC.

But from what I can see thus far, impressive sprite editing and a pretty good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
looks fantastic :love:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 90 months ago
inactive
O_____O

Kungpow, :love: MARRY ME :love: (no homo XDDDD)

anyway, wow! i have a wii too so i can't wait for this!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:08 pm 
inactive
Ishizimaru wrote:
O_____O

Kungpow, :love: MARRY ME :love: (no homo XDDDD)

anyway, wow! i have a wii too so i can't wait for this!

Heh, I had a similar response at the PGSM panel but instead of marry me, they screamed out "I LOVE YOU!" (Girl of course). I couldn't resist so I said I love you back. Of course, can't say no to a fan right? lol

Do you have your Wii setup for Homebrew? Perhaps I can make you one of my first beta testers if you're up for it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 39 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345,Why u dont try the outer senshi :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 am 
inactive
Well, the most obvious explanation I can think of is that PGSM has no Outer Senshi. I did do some searching a long while ago on SM Sprites in general and I do remember that I did find some arcade-style sprites of the Outer Senshi, as well as Super Sailormoon and a few others. I don't remember if DodoWindam did it or someone else, though, and I'd have to search again as to where they are if they still exist online.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:32 am 
inactive
Pingu wrote:
kungpow12345,Why u dont try the outer senshi :D

I've actually voiced this to Tuxedo Starr around the time that we were talking about the arcade game remake but then it evolved into PGSM. I was also asked this at the Naoko panel at Otakon and I told them that if I had time, I would like to add both Neptune and Uranus at least. just to expand out the series a little. That's about as far as "new" as we'll get for the game for now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:22 am 
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
...I told them that if I had time, I would like to add both Neptune and Uranus at least. just to expand out the series a little. That's about as far as "new" as we'll get for the game for now.

Hmm... I guess then I was a little presumptuous? In any case, if you were to do this, and if cutscenes would feature portraits/images of the live-action Senshi... Who would you use for Haruka and Michiru?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:15 pm 
inactive
I was actually considering using the Sera Myu pictures of Neptune and Uranus and do some slight edits to them to make them match the live action counter parts. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 pm 
inactive
I kind-of figured that a little bit, but in the back of my head I allowed the possibility for a less obvious answer (another Japanese actress you might think would look right for either role). But wouldn't there have to be some more extensive editing if you were to include their civilian identities? Or just simply have Sailoruranus and Sailorneptune as bonus/secret characters without any involvement in cutscenes?