Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon for Wii
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
Usagi Chiba wrote:
God I'm so excited for this game to come out. I'm going to buy a Wii just for it XD

God that's bad isn't it? O_O

^_^ Not bad at all! I know I'm harsh on Nintendo all the time(go Sega and Microsoft!!!), but the Wii is worth it. Especially if you wanna play homebrew and emulated Sailor Moon games :love:

Our upcoming titles(Sailor Moon S, and of course, PGSM) will look their best on the PS3 and Wii. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 51 months ago
inactive
Yeah, but see ... I'm going to spend $300+ for a game system ... to play one game. Then I'll probably never touch it again XD

To me ... that's bad, lol.

My website: http://freewebs.com/usagichiba !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:40 pm 
inactive
Usagi Chiba wrote:
Yeah, but see ... I'm going to spend $300+ for a game system ... to play one game. Then I'll probably never touch it again XD

^_^ Touche, very good point!

Pray to Serenity, that your Wii(if you get one...) is a gift to you, rather than a purchase from you :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
Usagi Chiba wrote:

I've had the same issue for a while now with my Wii. It was collecting dust for several months until I started coding OpenBoR for Wii. They actually addressed this in Game Informer too as the upcoming holiday season looms ever closer for gamers. They say exactly what I've been saying since the launch; there are plenty of games out there for Wii, but many developers are seeing the Wii as a "plaything" more than a gaming console which is what it is. This has been happening since the Gamecube sadly.

Nintendo may be behind times but there is still things it does very well, like the motion controls in 'The Force Unleashed'. I tell you, that game right there is the very inspiration to give Pretty Guardian motion control. Now I much prefer motion control over button press, simply because it's much more entertaining and it's very interactive. Again, it depends on how much or too little control you give your character. I think TFU gives just enough to the player and I aim to do the same for Pretty Guardian.

I can say this for you, Usagi Chiba: When you unlock your Wii for homebrew, trust me, you'll find MANY MORE uses for it: a classic gaming console, a media player, heck, even a very sexy slim line DVD player with many more enhancements coming in the near future. Not to mention THE source to play almost all of the Sailor Moon catalog of games and the new home for Destiny Revival games. :D

If you love Sailor Moon and its games, the Wii can be sitting pretty in your living room this Christmas. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 85 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Kendall112 wrote:

I'm glad someone reads the forums,

Quote:
The Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon panel was PACKED! In other words, it was a filled panel room. It was so packed that we sadly had to make people leave. If you see me running around franctically in the video later on, there's a reason why. I was having some major issues with getting the Wii to work but anywho, I had to pretty much had to become a member of Video Ops for about a 5 minutes to get it to work.

Those videos are the panels at Otakon 2008, the ones that I was a member on. The one showing off Sailor V on Wii was me. Also, I was on the Naoko Panel as well and I talked about the games there too and showed off some trailers of the other games.

I heard that "I love you!" haha!

>;[ my Wii will not set up for homebrew, so idk about beta testing T____T but, hopefully this will work out ok!

Sailor V looks fun!
Anyway, I need to practice spriting more T__T the Dark Mercury here looks so much better than the one I made for my game xDDD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 51 months ago
inactive
Lady Aino ~ Haha, yeah that would be nice, but highly doubtful XD

kungpow12345 ~ That's true, I'm sure I'll find more uses for it once I get it, but since I don't have one right now, I see the Sailor Moon game as the only reason to have one. But like you said, I'll probably find many more uses for it once I get it =P

My website: http://freewebs.com/usagichiba !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
I am not on here much anymore, can't believe I missed this, it looks amazing. :shock: And lucky for me I have Wii and Twilight Princess. Wah!~ Can't wait to play. :3 So amazing, I actually thought this was a real Wii game. :mrgreen:

Dana forever. <3 ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 pm 
inactive
For those of you who watch Wii homebrew news like a hawk and are wanting to play Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon in the near future, you will notice that Nintendo put out a new update on October 23rd.

If you didn't have Homebrew Channel installed BEFORE this date, this update broke the beta8 installer, so Team Tweezers released beta9 today which works with everything. Newer updates should be safe to use. Worst case, HBC will stop working in the future.

Just a little FYI for what's coming down the tubes: I'm working diligently on updating the Wii engine so it will accept 4 wiimotes instead of just one. For the one it does accept, it's working flawlessly as a regular wiimote/wiimote & nunchuk combo.

In January or February, I'm going to post the controller configuration for the game on the DR Website and of course here on the forums, which may reveal some spoilers about the game but it shouldn't be too bad. :oops:

Again, thank you for all of your support!

*Update* - Some more News Postings:

Homebrew Group Awakens Sailor Moon on the Wii

Sailor Moon is heading to Wii Homebrew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 62 months ago
inactive
this is pretty awesome!
will i be able to play this in australia??? i havent got a wii, but when this comes out, and if i can play it in oz, i'll definitely buy a wii and get this game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:52 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 29 months ago
inactive
I cannot wait for this game! Woohoo Kungpow your sick (British slang, it means cool, great, or awesome!) this si excellent woohoo, i wish i could to otakon. :( Oh Well. Oh yeah, are we still doing the Sailor Stars Movie Game ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm 
inactive
We have another scare coming down the tubes from Nintendo themselves.

According to their new "Network Policy":

"We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels."

With that being said, those of you who want to play Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon or Code Name Sailor V for that matter on your Wiis, DO NOT INSTALL the v3.4 Update available for the Wii today. It will disable the Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel itself. I'm pretty sure bushing is already working on a workaround for this. Just be patient.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:01 pm 
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
With that being said, those of you who want to play Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon or Code Name Sailor V for that matter on your Wiis, DO NOT INSTALL the v3.4 Update available for the Wii today. It will disable the Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel itself. I'm pretty sure bushing is already working on a workaround for this. Just be patient.

Thanks for the heads of Kungpow. :love: The Wii will be the next console system(after Dreamcast's final game-Sailor V) that I will be playing the Destiny Revival games on. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:04 am 
inactive
If I buy a Wii now, will it have that v.3.4 or whatever it is on it already????
I'm pretty much only buying a Wii for the Sailor Moon game haha....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:20 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
curdey wrote:

Probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 pm 
inactive
dfcowell wrote:
curdey wrote:

Probably not.

good!
and btw dfcowell, your website is AWESOME!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 pm 
inactive
There's a new version of the Twilight Hack now out for the v3.4 Wii system so you don't have to worry about missing out on Sailor Moon Wii even if you upgrade.

I'll let you guys know from now on if it's safe to update or not lol ...but I'll probably say it first vs everyone asking me if it's safe to update.

Everything's still good for showing PGSM off at Otakon 2009 and I have a pretty good grasp of what I wanna show off at that show but I'm going to try to keep it hush hush for now. There will be more details as it gets closer to time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
curdey wrote:
dfcowell wrote:
curdey wrote:

Probably not.

good!
and btw dfcowell, your website is AWESOME!!!

Thanks! Also, this might be what finally makes me buy a Wii... Unless of course we end up with an Xbox 360 or PC port... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
How can you download a game on your computer to wii?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:29 pm 
inactive
How do I download the Homebrew Channel? (I bought a WII everyone - yeow!!!! I love it! :-D)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
A word to the wise, supposedly Nintendo is getting smarter about the Homebrew Channel and in the near future they may be able to actually stop your console from working (and require an expensive repair to get working again) if their update detects the Homebrew Channel on your Wii system. This wouldn't be that bad, but just deleting the Homebrew Channel does not fully get rid of it, it leaves a ticket, (not easily gotten rid of) and the ticket is what they will be detecting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:36 am 
Chains Of Fate wrote:
A word to the wise, supposedly Nintendo is getting smarter about the Homebrew Channel and in the near future they may be able to actually stop your console from working (and require an expensive repair to get working again) if their update detects the Homebrew Channel on your Wii system. This wouldn't be that bad, but just deleting the Homebrew Channel does not fully get rid of it, it leaves a ticket, (not easily gotten rid of) and the ticket is what they will be detecting.

i think your right about that
so when the game is released i will play it on my computer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:50 pm 
inactive
Or...you can do the smart thing and just turn off Wii Connect so you don't get any update notifications from Nintendo. A waste of Wifi right there...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:08 am 
inactive
Lol doesnt everyone feel like we're stickin it to the man by going to all this effort to get a sailor moon game on wii? i love it! :-P
is it possible once the sailor moon wii is finished, to buy it on an actual disc, so nintendo cant detect its illegalness?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:55 pm 
inactive
curdey wrote:
Lol doesnt everyone feel like we're stickin it to the man by going to all this effort to get a sailor moon game on wii? i love it! :-P
is it possible once the sailor moon wii is finished, to buy it on an actual disc, so nintendo cant detect its illegalness?

If you disconnect from Wii Connect, you will not be notified by Nintendo about any future updates. Sure, they do have the right to search what was on the Wii to begin with but there are channel removers and erasers out there which I'm sure others who do Wii Homebrew know about.

This is going to go down exactly like PSP's war with Sony has. In fact, I think that's the only reason the PSP is still a float right now, for custom firmwares. I can easily see the Wii doing the same way. Hackers have even found ways of just extracting what's actually needed from the updates versus removing the homebrew and the homebrew channels themselves. I've done that a few times and I haven't had any ill effect from it. I can still play games and download the Wiiware titles so you can't say I haven't shut myself out completely from Nintendo.

I'm only going to say this about my efforts, Yes, I do feel like I'm sticking it to the man by making a Wii Sailor Moon title but my main goal is for Toei, Bandai, and Naoko Takeuchi herself to notice what I'm doing and see that people world wide love Sailor Moon and they cry out for a new game or a revival of the old games, perhaps on the Virtual Console. My attempt at Pretty Guardian is definitely pushing it yes but they have to see just how much they're missing from the fan base that's still very much alive and kicking.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:17 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
The thing is, updates aren't only obtained through Wii Connect, but also through certain games. Animal Crossing for example installs an update on your system. So some people may not be able to play new games because their console can't be updated at the risk that it will no longer work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
As previously stated by kungpow, that won't be a problem as hackers will find a way around that nice and easy.
There's ways around everything in the end.

Sera Senshi News

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 pm 
kungpow12345 wrote:
*Xbox1

Do you mean the First Xbox or the 360 one? Because My Xbox has gotten old and the Cable hardly does into any TV anymore, but can sometimes work. I think It would be easier to put it on the Xbox 360, and maybe have it on the Xbox Market Place, there's always little sprites games on there, though you would most likely have to talk to Micrsoft about that one, but hey, at lest their ideas XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:14 pm 
inactive
Chains Of Fate wrote:
The thing is, updates aren't only obtained through Wii Connect, but also through certain games. Animal Crossing for example installs an update on your system. So some people may not be able to play new games because their console can't be updated at the risk that it will no longer work.

IOS installs now let you bypass updates via Game CDs. :mrgreen: Game set and match, Nintendo lol.

Also, homebrew on the 360 blows considerable chunks. The reason being is you have to PAY Microsoft to even make homebrew on the system. In the words of Strong Bad, "This sucks the hardest."

Doing homebrew on the XBOX1 is fairly easy now that there's an SDL port for it, so No more using the uber-illegal Dev Kit lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 101 months ago
inactive
Well, if your sure you can only do it on the first Xbox, then I will find a way to make the Scart work in the bloddy TV!! D< (The Scart has gotten old, because we got both xboxes when they first came out.)

And I have a Question about the Wii version...............
If I turn off Wii Connect, will I still be able to play over Wi-Fi wuth my friends?
And How do I download the channels (Homebrew ect)? Because I would LOVE to play this!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 pm 
inactive
Sailor_Hykutake wrote:
Well, if your sure you can only do it on the first Xbox, then I will find a way to make the Scart work in the bloddy TV!! D< (The Scart has gotten old, because we got both xboxes when they first came out.)

And I have a Question about the Wii version...............
If I turn off Wii Connect, will I still be able to play over Wi-Fi wuth my friends?
And How do I download the channels (Homebrew ect)? Because I would LOVE to play this!

Yes, I'm positive I can only do it on the XBOX1. You might want to look for HD plugs or Universal All-in-One plugs for your XBOX1. They all should work the same.

Turning off Wii Connect doesn't turn off your Wifi. You can still go online and play with your friends. It'll just turn off notifications from Nintendo *when your disc drive flashes blue.* Also...there's an application you can download called the Homebrew Browser.

This program basically is a database of all of the homebrew available for the Nintendo. All you have to do is select the application with your Wiimote, click Download and it'll start the process. Also, if your program has an update for it, it'll notify you on the screen.

Pretty neat huh?

When I release Code Name: Sailor V for the Wii, all you have to do is drop the files into your SD card that you have formatted for the HBC and you'll be ready to go!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next