Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What's the Internet browser you are currently using?
Internet Explorer 31%  31%  [ 33 ]
Netscape 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mozilla 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Firefox 36%  36%  [ 39 ]
Opera 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Chrome 18%  18%  [ 20 ]
other 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 106
 Post subject: Re: Internet Browsers
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I use both Opera and Firefox but mostly Firefox because it's nicer and faster for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
george30032 wrote:
I use both Opera and Firefox but mostly Firefox because it's nicer and faster for some reason.

I use Opera also but I use Firefox when I'm on my cousin's computer.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mamo-chan wrote:
Another add for our off-topic forum ^_^

So, what's the Internet browser you're using?
Most importantly, if you have used a different one in the past, which left you most satisfied?

I'm seeing a lot of increase in popularity for Firefox, so I wonder if I'm missing out anything still staying with Internet Explorer, so let's see what you moonies prefer! :P

I don't know if there's a mistake on the list, browsers on the list are based on this site: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/default.asp

Yes, you are missing out with using Internet Exploder.

More security in Firefox. Easy to add plug ins for additional features, such as video downloading from Youtube and other content it recognizes (this is such a huge help), and 4chan board access.

Most of the nasty bugs on the net target IE so with Firefox, you don't have that problem.

It's also easier to switch off Javascript and go after content on pages that have that stupid right mouse button trapping crap! It's so much easier to save images. I also have a separate hard to find program called The Zonie Downloader, so I copy links and image URLs into it and it grabs it. Of course, there's probably a Firefox plug in for stuff like that, but I like how I have it now.

The only thing I use IE for anymore is paying my DirecTV bill which I can't get to work and I'm still using Firefox v.2. Might switch to Firefox 3 at some point.

Also I use plugins such as Flash Block - I have so much control over flash content it's not funny. And AdBlock+ - I don't have to see ads if I don't want to! And it also blocks some scripts that create double underlines under words.

And I use NoScript for even more security against click jacking. This is similar to the security Micro$oft is trying to implement in IE 8 but is epically failing. Get Firefox. Much safer for web browsing, too.

Plus I love Firefox's way it allows you to control cookie handling. So much better than Internet Exploder.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
I thought Mozilla was Firefox... at the top of my browser it says "Mozilla Firefox". Do they have another web browser I wasn't aware of?

I love the durability of Firefox compared to Internet Explorer. As they were the first to use tabs, I have never gone back. I used Netscape in High School, Safari at College, and used OperaMini on my phone, but I still like the interface of Firefox, and it's designed so much better. Since using it, I have had no virus problems. Although Explorer has gotten good with their security, it has caused their browser to be cluttered and annoying.

Firefox for life! :P

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
No offence to anyone using Firefox, but I think that most (if not all) of its popularity comes not from any of its functions or features,

As to me, such silly promotional campaigns and attitude of people promoting Firefox more than anything averted me from ever using it. At least I never saw IE "brainwashed" website owners blocking access to their websites on intention if you are using Firefox (a typical example is sailormoon.org - try browsing it using IE and Firefox, and you'll see the difference, and there are thousands of other websites like that :roll: )

Some sites blocked people if they used Netscrape.
there are ways around the Browser check. ^_^ I just got on Sailormoon.org and I see NoScript telling me it's blocking a script. This may be the browser blocking you refer to. But I can use it. Not that I do much anyway. Seems like a waste of time.

Firefox never brainwashed people. But there is a reason why people promoted Firefox. It allows for safer web browsing.

Besides, you need an alternate browser next time your system gets hit with a spybot and IE refuses to load. I've seen it happen more than once.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:41 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MrShoujo wrote:
Some sites blocked people if they used Netscrape.
there are ways around the Browser check. ^_^ I just got on Sailormoon.org and I see NoScript telling me it's blocking a script. This may be the browser blocking you refer to. But I can use it. Not that I do much anyway. Seems like a waste of time.

Firefox never brainwashed people. But there is a reason why people promoted Firefox. It allows for safer web browsing.

I'm sure that there is a certain amount of sites blocking Firefox, too. But neither Netscape haters, nor Firefox haters ever declared any holy wars like "Firefox adepts" are doing it now. My point remains the same: promotion is fine, pushing ultimatums isn't. And if the whole Firefox campaign was just about such a simple thing as "safer web browsing", it would never gain such a huge scale, and it wouldn't be followed by slogans like let's save the world from domination of Microsoft and what not; and why they are blocking me from their websites - only because I don't care about my own "better safety"? In their slogans they say something like Internet should be free and not controlled by anyone, but, in fact, with their browser blocking campaign, they try to take away my freedom to choose what browser I want to use. What a bunch of hypocrites.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
I don't even know what you're talking about. ^_^'

I use Internet Explorer, just because it's here, no other reason. :innocent:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 57 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
RAMMAR wrote:
I don't watch adds (only for once, cause I'm using add block plus), so I slightly know about those promotional campaigns...

Well, Firefox users won't see them even without ad blocking, since they are intended only for those of us who were not enlightened by the blessing Firefox is. Here is how it looks like. And you have to choose: either download Firefox, or quit site for good, since the script added to website code won't allow you to proceed. When I stumbled upon a couple of websites pushing ultimatums on me like that I swore that I will never in my life click that "Click here to download Firefox. It's free" link :x

OMG :eek: Bleh!!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
Firefox for me, pretty and quicker.

Signature courtesy of Panda-Chan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
I have heard of Opera, Firefox and (in the "old days") Netscape, but I've always stuck wth IE.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Firefox.
It seems to have better security than IE, and the fact that I can use a Mario theme kinda won me over...
my school computers use Chrome and IE.

I'm thinking about trying out Opera. I've been curious how it is ever since I read about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 57 months ago
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
Internet Exploder

Knockzilla Firedsocks :keke:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
I am using Firefox because I am switching over to Linux soon and it would be a waste to set it up, but I really like Chrome. Though fire fox has been good to me too.

Post subject: Which is your favorite browser ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
I used Internet Explorer 8 since day one on my new computer, but it has gone way too sluggish in terms of webpage loading. I am now using Firefox, which is working very well (and fast) for me.

How about you ?

Thanks for reading.

Andy

Post subject: Re: Which is your favorite browser ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
I used to use Internet Explorer, but it got really buggy.

So now I use Fire Fox, which is only occasionally buggy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 76 months ago
inactive
I've been using Firefox for the past four years. Works pretty good. :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
I use Opera but I like Firefox better, my cousin uses Firefox.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
I use internet Explorer but my husband prefers foxfire.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
I mostly use Internet Explorer since its the only type of browser I have in my laptop, then sometimes firefox when Im at school

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Yeah, I respect Internet Explorer. Though it's easy target for those pop up ads that mask themselves as saying your computer is infected by bogus malware.

If Firefox had the option of editing pages in Notepad, so will be using it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 am 
inactive
I mostly use Firefox, but i also use Google Chrome for e-mail checking and fast browsing (when i need to quickly get to a page or smth). Firefox is the greatest of all, you can add extensions/themes, its also lightning fast and stable! Chrome is also really fast, but pretty unstable. sometimes, when i have a Yahoo Mail tab open and this forum in another tab, it crashes XD.

As for Internet Explorer...meh. I just hate it, it doesnt have half the features/speed of Firefox. :evil:

so yeah, DIE EXPLODER!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 79 months ago
inactive
I tried Firefox when I was having a problem with my IE. I still couldn't get on via Firefox (But could on AOL. The worst browser ever) but when I sorted it all out, I carried on using Firefox.

I just seem to like it better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:25 pm 
inactive
me too, when i was younger i used IE just because. but then my cousins told me about Firefox, that it is safer. and since i have a tendency to download/browse fishy websites..... :lol:

Post subject: Some good Firefox extensions....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
I have the following Firefox extensions.

WOT (Web of Trust)
PDF Download
Ghostery
Adblock
BetterPrivacy
CoolPreviews
Download Statusbar

Thanks for reading

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 pm 
inactive
Why do you add "Andy" after your posts?
You could put it to your sig, and you still can.

I use Google Chrome, and since I learnt to use it, it's very handy. I usually keep visiting same sites, so they appear to the start page... And it's a faster than IE. I like this a lot more. :keke:

Tough, I can still use IE, I don't want to start bashing it. Some of my friends, who used Firefox (and I was still useing IE) bashed me and IE... twasn't very nice. :(

Pages on my startpage: Epic Place, SMRPG, Wikimoon, YouTube, Google, eBay/Sailormusic, IRC-gallery and Catzia's collectibles. Pages of TOTAL moonie :keke:

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I didn't realize Mozilla and Firefox were different.

I ignored Firefox for a looong time after it came out, until Internet Explorer 7 happened. Then I was so horrified (for those who don't remember, IE6 and IE7 were radically different; even the most up-to-date Firefox is closer to how IE6 was than IE7, 8, or 9) that I started using Firefox for the sites that needed updated browsers. That was about 4 years ago, I think. Over time, I started using Firefox exclusively because most sites loaded better in that than the outdated IE6. But then Facebook stopped working on Firefox AND on IE6, so I had to bite the bullet and download a new version of Internet Explorer, which I just use for Facebook purposes. For everything else, I use Firefox.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 am 
inactive
SailorDonut wrote:
I didn't realize Mozilla and Firefox were different.

I ignored Firefox for a looong time after it came out, until Internet Explorer 7 happened. Then I was so horrified (for those who don't remember, IE6 and IE7 were radically different; even the most up-to-date Firefox is closer to how IE6 was than IE7, 8, or 9) that I started using Firefox for the sites that needed updated browsers. That was about 4 years ago, I think. Over time, I started using Firefox exclusively because most sites loaded better in that than the outdated IE6. But then Facebook stopped working on Firefox AND on IE6, so I had to bite the bullet and download a new version of Internet Explorer, which I just use for Facebook purposes. For everything else, I use Firefox.

Altho i dont have a Facebook account, Firefox (v 3.5.6) doesnt return any funny errors to me when entering the website.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mamoru_Gone_Wrong wrote:
Altho i dont have a Facebook account, Firefox (v 3.5.6) doesnt return any funny errors to me when entering the website.

They recently re-did the site to use a bunch of pop-ups instead of new pages (for example, if you want to view your friends, or if you are using an application like Farmville ^_^' ), and those will not load no matter what I do. I looked online and it seems many other people are having the same problem, but there doesn't appear to be a fix yet. :confused:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 pm 
inactive
SailorDonut wrote:
Mamoru_Gone_Wrong wrote:

They recently re-did the site to use a bunch of pop-ups instead of new pages (for example, if you want to view your friends, or if you are using an application like Farmville ^_^' ), and those will not load no matter what I do. I looked online and it seems many other people are having the same problem, but there doesn't appear to be a fix yet. :confused:

weird. :/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
All of you who use Internet Explorer... :confused: It's slow, it clicks REALLY LOUDLY (at least the older versions do), a lot of people don't even make websites for it anymore because it's outdated, and... just no. No. I got a virus from it. Switched to Firefox when it happened, haven't had any problems since.

涙が星になっても...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next