Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: The Dragon Ball Z Kai discussion thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Note: All three FUNimation-related Dragon Ball Kai threads have been merged at my request so we can now discuss more than just the Nicktoons & CW4Kids TV broadcasts here in the states.

Anything related to the now confirmed Ocean Studios dub can be discussed here.

Now onto my original post:

Source: ANN

Quote:
Navarre has revealed during its Q3 2010 earnings conference call on Tuesday morning that its North American anime distributor Funimation has licensed the Dragon Ball Kai fighting anime series for release in the "latter part of the upcoming fiscal year." Funimation has confirmed the license with ANN, and it hopes to provide more details soon.

The Dragon Ball Kai television series condenses the 1989-1996 Dragon Ball Z anime series to more closely follow Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga. In addition to a digital high-definition remastering and a re-recorded soundtrack, Dragon Ball Kai also enhances selected scenes with new effects or re-animated footage. Due to the years that have passed since the broadcast of Dragon Ball Z, some of the Japanese cast members have been replaced in Dragon Ball Kai's re-recorded dubbing.

Dragon Ball Kai premiered in Japan on April 5 of last year, and has consistently ranked among the top 10 anime in viewer ratings every week since.

Funimation already licensed both the Dragon Ball Z television series and the earlier Dragon Ball television series. Viz Media publishes the original manga in North America.

By the way, this is their logo for it

What idiots, by announcing it this early this could kill the sales for the Z dragon boxes (and season sets for those who still care about them). I said it once and i'll say it again, they better produce a completely new dub otherwise i will not support this Sabanized hackjob.

Last edited by NJ_ on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Navarre Reveals Funimation's Dragon Ball Kai License
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
So is there any word on if they'll re-dub it or rip up the old soundtrack and paste it on? If it's to be fully redubbed, I'll be fairly interested in watching it, but if they're gonna cut corners I'll have to pass.

If it does turn out done the way I'd like it, I'd considering buying the whole thing if it's ever released here. There's no way I can afford the entire series as it is right now, especially with a lot of the filler I didn't like in the first place (ie, Garlic Jr.). I do think that they're too early in announcing this though...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's a few updates!

Source: The Fanboy Review

Quote:
Here’s a bit of extra info I’ve had on hand for awhile about the release.

The current plan is to have the first DVD and BD boxes in May.

The BD releases will have a five dollar premium.

Having talked to a few people, it appears the cast will remain the same as the Funimation Dragon Ball Z dub, but with greater care being given to the script. I say appears because I’ve only talked to a few people, they are indeed playing the same roles they played before, and they were under the impression it was going to be the same cast, this may not apply for every character.

The show started being dubbed last year.

That’s all the information I have at the moment, but I’ll update if I gain anymore

and Wal-Mart has both DVD & Blu-ray listed as coming on May 18th.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Along with the license-rescue of Trigun, FUNimation announced the Dragon Ball [Z] Kai English cast earlier today at Katsucon with a few changes made.

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced the English dubbing cast of the Dragon Ball Z Kai anime series at the Katsucon event in Maryland on Sunday. Dragon Ball Z Kai's main cast will be the same as in Funimation's original English dub of Dragon Ball Z, except for four new cast members:

Gohan: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Bulma: Monica Rial
Narrator: Doc Morgan
Chiaotzu and Puar: Brina Palencia

Funimation confirmed that it will ship the first part of the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 18. Navarre Corporation, Funimation's parent company, had revealed the Dragon Ball Z Kai license earlier this month during its Q3 2010 earnings conference call.

The Dragon Ball Kai television series condenses the 1989-1996 Dragon Ball Z anime series to more closely follow Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga. In addition to a digital high-definition remastering and a re-recorded soundtrack, Dragon Ball Kai also enhances selected scenes with new effects or re-animated footage. Due to the years that have passed since the broadcast of Dragon Ball Z, some of the Japanese cast members have also been replaced in Dragon Ball Kai's re-recorded dubbing.

Funimation already licensed both the Dragon Ball Z television series and the earlier Dragon Ball television series. Viz Media publishes the original manga in North America.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
wow Monkey.D.Luffy as Gohan? That's a great choice right there XD

Post subject: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai in May
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

Quote:
America's Nicktoons television channel has announced that it will run the Dragon Ball Z Kai action anime series starting in May 2010. Nicktoons, a spinoff of Nickelodeon, will also launch Voltron Panthera Force from World Events Productions, Ltd. in conjunction with Kick Start Productions. (The channel did not specify if Voltron Panthera Force is Japanese-animated or not.) Nickelodeon made the announcements in the press summary sheet for its 2010 Upfront Presentation for advertisers on Thursday morning in New York City.

The Dragon Ball Kai television series condenses the 1989-1996 Dragon Ball Z anime series to more closely follow Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga. In addition to a digital high-definition remastering and a re-recorded soundtrack, Dragon Ball Kai also enhances selected scenes with new effects or re-animated footage. The series premiered under the name Dragon Ball Kai in Japan last April, and it has consistently ranked among the top 10 anime in viewer ratings every week since.

Funimation had licensed the series for North America, and it plans to ship the first part of the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 18. The distributor already licensed both the Dragon Ball Z television series and the earlier Dragon Ball television series for North America. Funimation reassembled most of its original Dragon Ball Z cast for the English dubbing of Dragon Ball Z Kai, except for four new cast members. Viz Media publishes the original manga in North America.

Nickelodeon has run a number of anime titles in the past, although neither Nicktoons nor Nickelodeon has a Japanese animated program in the current season.

According to Nickelodeon and Nicktoons' press kit, Voltron Panthera Force "follows the exploits of a group of five young cadets brought together under trying circumstances to form a newly appointed Voltron Lion Squad dubbed the 'Panthera Force.'"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about odd, first Disney X D gets Naruto Shippuden and now this? Wow!

Post subject: Re: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai in May
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:16 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
That was completely random. Is it April Fools?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm 
inactive
WHUT? I do not approve. :x

*is not a big fan of Nickelodeon*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
I'll believe it when I see it.... oh wait I won't because I haven't watched nick in years and I ain't going back, besides I thought they only air 24 hours of spongebob and icarly. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
Prince Rose wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it.... oh wait I won't because I haven't watched nick in years and I ain't going back, besides I thought they only air 24 hours of spongebob and icarly. :P

I LOVE SPONGEBOB :D and Icarly is yet another teen show that relies on "cute" :roll: b oys to bring in ratings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Kendall112 wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

I LOVE SPONGEBOB :D and Icarly is yet another teen show that relies on "cute" :roll: b oys to bring in ratings.

I like early episodes of the sponge, icarly was enjoyable in the beginning as well but I lost interest

overall I prefer 90s nick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
The only good shows NickToons has are Avatar: The Last Airbender, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes.

If DBZK is added to it, then that'll make four.

iCarly is a sitcom, therefore it's on Nickelodeon, Nick2, and TeenNick. NickToons is Nick's answer to Cartoon Network, meaning they only show cartoons (or at least how CN used to be, before adding in live action game shows on CN Real and other lame non-toon stuff).

Another Voltron?!! Come on! The first one was bad enough (sorry guys, I was born after the 80's and didn't grow up with the butchered versions of Hundred Beast King GoLion and Dairugger XV ^_^' ) and while everyone who loved the first series hated The Third Dimension, I was first introduced to Voltron by that series, so I found it enjoyable. But now that they're making another one, this is just... not right. :o

NJ_ wrote:
Talk about odd, first Disney X D gets Naruto Shippuden and now this? Wow!
Is that so hard to grasp? Think about it. Disney bought Saban, who dubbed Digimon and adapted Power Rangers. Then when Digimon Savers was dubbed as Digimon Data Squad, they reassembled many of the previous voice cast, who now currently work under the group known as Studiopolis. And Studiopolis are the same people who dubbed Naruto and the currently-airing Naruto Shippuden.

What matters isn't the show, but rather who you know. :P

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Sabrblade wrote:
Is that so hard to grasp? Think about it. Disney bought Saban, who dubbed Digimon and adapted Power Rangers. Then when Digimon Savers was dubbed as Digimon Data Squad, they reassembled many of the previous voice cast, who now currently work under the group known as Studiopolis. And Studiopolis are the same people who dubbed Naruto and the currently-airing Naruto Shippuden.

You're wrong on a few things,

1. The dub for Digimon Savers was done by Toei themselves and Disney only had broadcast rights (this is similar to the current Pretty Cure dub only with YTV involved in that case). If you need any proof of this then either look at the credits for that dub or who's releasing the DVD sets for them because it sure isn't Disney.

2. Viz Media is dubbing Naruto, Studiopolis is just a recording studio that they (along with a few other companies) outsource to for some of their shows.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Is Voltron still doing that live action movie?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

You're wrong on a few things,

1. The dub for Digimon Savers was done by Toei themselves and Disney only had broadcast rights (this is similar to the current Pretty Cure dub only with YTV involved in that case). If you need any proof of this then either look at the credits for that dub or who's releasing the DVD sets for them because it sure isn't Disney.

2. Viz Media is dubbing Naruto, Studiopolis is just a recording studio that they (along with a few other companies) outsource to for some of their shows.
Ah, yes, that's right(but I wasn't trying to claim Disney as the ones who dubbed both, but rather Studiopolis). I keep forgetting about the companies behind the dubbing and keeping only noticing the dub voice cast companies. Still, Studiopolis did do the voices for both dubs.

However, Disney was a little more involved with the Digimon Data Squad dub than merely broadcasting it. It was them who complained about BomberNanimon in episode 7 and called for the ridiculous change of him into Citramon. (Yet, they somehow allowed the word "god" to make it into episode 31's dialogue)

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:21 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
moonprism wrote:
Is Voltron still doing that live action movie?

No idea, last i heard there were legal issues between the companies involved with it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
The trailer for the first set's now up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcmc5uvDgfA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:34 am 
inactive
WHAT! KYLE HYBERT ISNT THE NARRATOR ANYMORE!? DDDDD:

AND THEY REPLACED BULMA'S VOICE ACTOR?!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

(I personally asked Eric Vale if he would be returning for the voice of Trunks in Dragonball Kai, and he said yes :) )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:28 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Oh boy! Nicktoons posted some clips on their site and it's now safe to say that we're back in 1996 (as if the Japanese edits weren't bad enough).

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... lip-1.html

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... lip-2.html

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... lip-3.html

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... lip-4.html

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... lip-5.html

Thank goodness this doesn't affect the DVD & Blu-ray sets as those are "uncut" so i'll just buy the DVD sets and avoid the broadcast altogether.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
This is crazy! And it just makes me even more hopeful for Sailor Moon in the USA...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
silhouette wrote:
And it just makes me even more hopeful for Sailor Moon in the USA...
Not sure how, considering htat this isn't the same show from way back then. This is the newer, redone version of DBZ made to follow its manga much more closely.

And the U.S. debut of DBZK hasn't any effect on a U.S. revival of Sailor Moon. If anything , the Italy revival would better affect that than DBZK.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post subject: Dragon Ball Z Kai to Air on TheCW4Kids on Saturdays
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

Quote:
The American anime distributor Funimation and the anime licensing company 4Kids Entertainment have announced that the Dragon Ball Z Kai action anime series will air on Saturdays during the 2010-2011 television broadcast season on TheCW4Kids programming block. Before the regular season premiere, TheCW4Kids will run "sneak peeks" of the anime during the summer, and the program will also be streaming from the http://www.4kids.tv and http://www.4kidstv.com websites.

Dragon Ball Z Kai is already slated to launch on Nicktoons, a spinoff of America's Nickelodeon television channel, in May. The television series condenses the 1989-1996 Dragon Ball Z anime series to more closely follow Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga. In addition to a digital high-definition remastering and a re-recorded soundtrack, Dragon Ball Kai also updates selected scenes with new effects or re-animated footage. The series premiered under the name Dragon Ball Kai in Japan last April, and it has consistently ranked among the top 10 anime in viewer ratings every week since.

Funimation had licensed the series for North America, and it plans to ship the first part of the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 18. The distributor already licensed both the Dragon Ball Z television series and the earlier Dragon Ball television series for North America. Funimation reassembled most of its original Dragon Ball Z cast for the English dubbing of Dragon Ball Z Kai, except for four new cast members. Viz Media publishes the original manga in North America.

I guess this is good for those who don't have Nicktoons TV.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai to Air on TheCW4Kids on Saturdays
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 39 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:

I guess this is good for those who don't have Nicktoons TV.

I guess this is good for Americans.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
:eek: CW still airs cartoons?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
What?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
Prince Rose wrote:

You Didnt know that :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:04 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Kendall112 wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

You Didnt know that :D

it's been around 4-5 years since I last saw saturday morning cartoons ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
WHAT A TWIST!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Hope they don't screw it up like they did Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Last few episodes unaired on TV but shown on the 'Net.

I am the destroyer of worlds. Anything I touch will be destroyed
...or turned into a card.

http://i32.tinypic.com/315csia.jpg

Nomen mihi Decas est, potentias e decem Personatis Vectoribus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
on nicktoons network I saw an ad for it so it seems nick is getting the series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next