Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: The Dragon Ball Z Kai discussion thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's also weird because, as mentioned in that linked thread, some of those guys got legit roles, under their real names, in other dubs recently including FUNi's dubs of Resurrection F, Xenoverse 2, One Piece & Fairy Tail*. If Toei & Kodansha* has such a problem with them then why have they not jumped on FUNi for bringing them in for dubs of their other shows (and video game but I guess that's more Bamco's call than Toei)?

* - Mentioned because if this post is accurate then Kodansha, not I.G., was responsible for Attack on Titan Abridged getting shut down.

As for Kai, I would say FUNi's also to blame because they had 4 years, since the dub first started being produced in 2013, to clear this with Toei and if the Flash pseudonyms were their idea to try and get away with it then they should have known better because, just like with certain voice actors who use pseudonyms for non-union, ecchi & hentai dubs, fans will find out eventually and it will spread (especially in this case because it's TeamFourStar).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
As for Kai, I would say FUNi's also to blame because they had 4 years, since the dub first started being produced in 2013, to clear this with Toei and if the Flash pseudonyms were their idea to try and get away with it then they should have known better because, just like with certain voice actors who use pseudonyms for non-union, ecchi & hentai dubs, fans will find out eventually and it will spread (especially in this case because it's TeamFourStar).

That's not unfair to say but they probably didn't think that Toei would even get all uppity at the time. Shame Toonami had to show the clips to hype us up only for this to happen. Honestly, it would've been a real surprise then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow, that sucks, it's such a good song!

I think I saw some rumor that it was a new english version of one of the pre-existing songs from one of the games, is that true? If so that might be the next best thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I think I saw some rumor that it was a new english version of one of the pre-existing songs from one of the games, is that true? If so that might be the next best thing.

Oh no, the previous Fight it Out was only the English version of the Burst Limit theme song and as you can see here, it's different from Kai's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGY_6XJJ34E

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow, yeah... not the same song at all...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters, Part 3 (DVD) - 575 minutes - $49.98 (Retail) - 6/20/17
•Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters, Part 3 (Blu-ray) - 575 minutes - $59.98 (Retail) - 6/20/17

Quote:
Includes episodes 145 - 167.

Special Features: Episode 157 Video Commentary (Blu-ray-only), Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:
There is a bit of controversy over last night's episode on Toonami. It's the episode with the Cell Games reenactment video, apparently FUNi had it changed for the broadcast so they reused audio from the DBZ dub instead of the audio with TeamFourStar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfX96Lh4sc

The weird thing is that the TFS version actually did air but on Xfinity On Demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzdsEsbkbic

It's believed that Toei may have stepped in after the Toonami promo aired last month because they were unaware of those guys being involved which I guess they were against and would explain the Flash pseudonyms they were using when the dub cast was announced.

It might not be included in the DVD & Blu-ray releases of Part 1 coming in April so the best we can hope for is that FUNi botches the first pressing like they originally did with Kai season 1 & also did with episode 1 on Toonami where they accidentally had the Kenji Yamamoto score.

EDIT: Confirmed, someone contacted Toei after the Toonami promo aired.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1266051
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1266082

To update on this, people got their copies early and unfortunately it didn't make it.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 3#p1297593
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1297419
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1297828

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Did they at least do something other than the old Z dub audio lazily?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Nope

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
Nope

Because it was so hard to keep the new dialogue and get different VAs?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
matt0044 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Nope

Because it was so hard to keep the new dialogue and get different VAs?

Because they're lazy and incompetent, apparently there's also no subs to translate the Engrish OP & ED songs either so that's another missed opportunity.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Super because they were struggling to get English dubbed songs cleared for the show and though they did get English Hello Hello Hello to air on Toonami, it was a few episodes late (starting at episode 6) and was dropped on the last episode before the switch to Starring Star (episode 12) so will they include it on the discs? This is all in question now, especially since they didn't dub Starring Star for the current episodes airing now. :|

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:14 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
Because they're lazy and incompetent, apparently there's also no subs to translate the Engrish OP & ED songs either so that's another missed opportunity.

Is that really a big whoop? The Engrish was weird but it's grown on me. I'd say that's small potatoes in comparison to what went down with TFS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
matt0044 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Is that really a big whoop? The Engrish was weird but it's grown on me.

It depends, it's easy to let slide because they're Engrish but FUNi has been doing the same thing with Japanese songs for some shows lately and that's bad. If this pattern keeps up then they'll be close to hitting early Viz territory.

Quote:
I'd say that's small potatoes in comparison to what went down with TFS.

Which again, everyone is at fault because they had 4 years to get it cleared and FUNi is at bigger fault for not dubbing the scene a second time with their own VAs as a backup plan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:10 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
It depends, it's easy to let slide because they're Engrish but FUNi has been doing the same thing with Japanese songs for some shows lately and that's bad. If this pattern keeps up then they'll be close to hitting early Viz territory.

Such as which titles? Do you mean the openings and endings or insert songs?

Quote:
Which again, everyone is at fault because they had 4 years to get it cleared and FUNi is at bigger fault for not dubbing the scene a second time with their own VAs as a backup plan.

I'd say the problem was that they assumed that the deal with abridged VAs not voicing the same characters in official works would hold up if TFS were voicing impersonations with said characters... something that actually should've worked but apparently that was too little over the line for the powers that be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22