Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: The Dragon Ball Z Kai discussion thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's also weird because, as mentioned in that linked thread, some of those guys got legit roles, under their real names, in other dubs recently including FUNi's dubs of Resurrection F, Xenoverse 2, One Piece & Fairy Tail*. If Toei & Kodansha* has such a problem with them then why have they not jumped on FUNi for bringing them in for dubs of their other shows (and video game but I guess that's more Bamco's call than Toei)?

* - Mentioned because if this post is accurate then Kodansha, not I.G., was responsible for Attack on Titan Abridged getting shut down.

As for Kai, I would say FUNi's also to blame because they had 4 years, since the dub first started being produced in 2013, to clear this with Toei and if the Flash pseudonyms were their idea to try and get away with it then they should have known better because, just like with certain voice actors who use pseudonyms for non-union, ecchi & hentai dubs, fans will find out eventually and it will spread (especially in this case because it's TeamFourStar).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
As for Kai, I would say FUNi's also to blame because they had 4 years, since the dub first started being produced in 2013, to clear this with Toei and if the Flash pseudonyms were their idea to try and get away with it then they should have known better because, just like with certain voice actors who use pseudonyms for non-union, ecchi & hentai dubs, fans will find out eventually and it will spread (especially in this case because it's TeamFourStar).

That's not unfair to say but they probably didn't think that Toei would even get all uppity at the time. Shame Toonami had to show the clips to hype us up only for this to happen. Honestly, it would've been a real surprise then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow, that sucks, it's such a good song!

I think I saw some rumor that it was a new english version of one of the pre-existing songs from one of the games, is that true? If so that might be the next best thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I think I saw some rumor that it was a new english version of one of the pre-existing songs from one of the games, is that true? If so that might be the next best thing.

Oh no, the previous Fight it Out was only the English version of the Burst Limit theme song and as you can see here, it's different from Kai's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGY_6XJJ34E

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow, yeah... not the same song at all...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters, Part 3 (DVD) - 575 minutes - $49.98 (Retail) - 6/20/17
•Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters, Part 3 (Blu-ray) - 575 minutes - $59.98 (Retail) - 6/20/17

Quote:
Includes episodes 145 - 167.

Special Features: Episode 157 Video Commentary (Blu-ray-only), Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22