Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Magic girls / girl power animated shows besides Sailor Moon
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
zttmoon wrote:
Totally Spies - show is airing again on Cartoon Network, and I love this show. If you are familar with the Sailor Moon dub, it has something for you, Kattie Griffen is in the cast. They techigally don' t use magic, but it is still a fun show.

Totally Spies was heaven for me back in my primary-early middle school years. I have said this many times, I have worshipped TS before I got into Sailor Moon. I still have my recorded tapes in my drawer ;)
Watching it again make me feel nostalgic about it. I have yet to see the movie, which I am dying to see :)

I have seen a few magical girl animes and cartoons: Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew (ok but...), Witch (not bad but...), Powerpuff Girls (Cartoon Network and first episodes of Z). Thats all I can remember

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:22 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Straw-hat Pirates
I'm happy about TS returning, that was a wise move CN ^^

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Prince Rose wrote:
I'm happy about TS returning, that was a wise move CN ^^

Really?!

Im watching the movie right now (in French though) ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:49 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
For all the Mahou no Mako-chan fans, I've uploaded episode 30 and the last episode in Japanese on my new channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/makolasirenetta

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
For all the Mahou no Mako-chan fans, I've uploaded episode 30 and the last episode in Japanese on my new channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/makolasirenetta

Oh good ^^ very good found! Have you watched the link I post before, I think you're gonna like.

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Prince Rose wrote:
I've never seen W.I.T.C.H. though I've seen commercials for it, so I can't say anything about it

I like the W.I.T.C.H. comics but I really recommend avoiding the animated series. It's... a mess. I can't even say anything nicer about it than that. The first 5 episodes are cool and then it devolves into TERRIBLE. The only good thing about it is the original character of Aldarn, who is hardly in it anyway.

For magical girl series, I love Pretear; it's one of my all-time favorite series. Princess Tutu is good but it's kind of weird so I don't think it would appeal to as broad of an audience as something like Sailor Moon or Pretear. I also like Mermaid Melody and Mew Mew (I love the Italian dub of that one XD), but I haven't seen the entire series of either of those so I don't know if I would like them as much if I saw more... and I do like Winx Club. But I agree with Mimi, Bloom is SO ANNOYING. I can't stand how the show is about her and her whining so much. I think this show is called "Winx Club," not "The Bloom Program," so I'd appreciate more of the other girls and less "Bloom is ~the chosen one~ and must ~go it alone~" plzkthx.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Hey guys.... look what I bought...

I'm so happy she is so cute!
Megu chan resin model 1/8 scal
directly from yahoo auctions :love:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Nice. :) You constructed it?

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Yes I will do it, so I will need some informations from people who are familiar with it of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rakiko wrote:
Yes I will do it, so I will need some informations from people who are familiar with it of course.

I thought that finished Megu figure is done by you. ^_^' As for the advices, I think MrShoujo can give you plenty. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:36 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
No someone just won it for me and some other amasing things related to old anime...ahhhh for me the 70s still the best anime series! :cool:

I always dreamed to be a (seiyuu) or voices for the Disney films but from the 70s-80s ...not today
I prefer the magic and romances from the past, I feel unconfortable with the new series and anime... the language, the context....ah I'm not in the right time my mother always said I'm older than her ...probably my soul is.

So that resin kit was expensive, but so rare and for some good reasons too ^_^'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:47 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rakiko wrote:
No someone just won it for me and some other amasing things related to old anime...

Oh, I meant I've mistaken that the finished Megu figure in that pic is constructed by you. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:19 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
A friend told me yesterday that an official resin like this one needs a Very GOOD, work it means made by a professional and I'll do it because he knoes it very much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rakiko wrote:
A friend told me yesterday that an official resin like this one needs a Very GOOD, work it means made by a professional and I'll do it because he knoes it very much.

Would like to see it when it's completed. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
Let's see....

Rainbow Brite - My very first magical girl show.
Princess Guenevere and the Jewel Riders - I can't remember much other then that I liked it.
Princess Tenko - My favorite bits were when the real Princess Tenko would do a magic trick or teach a simple one at the end of each episode. I wish it had gone on more then one season.
Tokyo Mew Mew - This is one of my favorites, yet Masaya (love interest) has NO PERSONALITY! Not even sharing a va with Haruka saves him for me.
Wedding Peach - A complete guilty pleasure. On the one hand I feel it did the hate to love transition between the main couple better then the Sailor Moon anime did. On the other hand I really don't like Angel Lily and I felt Angel Daisy often got shafted.
Pretear - It is fun and I like it, but I just don't have much to comment on it.
Shugo Chara - It started out so promising! They have a great cast of characters... except one. I can not stand Ikuto. He is late high school. Amu is eleven. I don't like that he is the "canon" love interest. Sadly, the anime has a LOT of filler.
Magic Knight Rayearth - Great series by a great group of gals.
Revolutionary Girl Utena - I feel this series should almost be required viewing to someone when they enter the anime scene. I always loved this one way of describing it as being like Evangelion, but with magical girls and fairy tales instead of giant robots.
Princess Tutu - While Sailor Moon will always have a special place in my heart, in my honest opinion this is the best modern magical girl anime. I love that you can watch it on so many different levels. It can be enjoyed by a little kid or an adult. It also feels like a classic non-Disney fairy tale (not that I dislike Disney).
W.I.T.C.H. - I don't care what anyone says, I like the comic and the cartoon. I am still bitter about Disney stopping the cartoon to make way for Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.
Winx Club - I love watching the Rainbow dub of this. It is sad that even this Italian cartoon was not safe from 4kids' knife.
Cutie Honey The Live - My favorite live action show. I love the fight scene choreography. I highly recommend checking this out up to at least season 5. There is really only one filler episode in this show, which is a recap. While it might not seem it at first, every episode advances the plot.

EDIT!
How could I forget Pretty Cure! I'm really enjoying Heartcatch Pretty Cure. It completely does not hurt that Nana Mizuki is in it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 48 months ago
inactive
Anyone mention Pretty Sammy yet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rabbit on the moon wrote:

Not yet I guess, but I like this spinoff show - it's pretty cute. =^_^=

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
I've some Pretty cure figures SD and normal... those are part of my magical girls collection, they are cute, I've also some Doremi too and of course Tokyo mew mew ..but I still prefer the older magicals girls (Megu, Tickle, Sally, Lunlun & Lalabel) still my favorite but ...I never seen a Tickle figure and I would love so much to find one .
So if someone find one... I'm a serious buyer ! :supercry: I need this character absolutly!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I liked the Pretty Sammy OVAs. Regardless of the inconsistent animation, they were still enjoyable. And so was her appearance in the Mihoshi Special. I couldn't get into Magical Project S though. While the show is centered around Sasami, what made the previous incarnations of Pretty Sammy enjoyable for me was the Tenchi feel they had. Magical Project S failed to do that and I felt like I was watching a Sailor Moon knock-off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I liked the Pretty Sammy OVAs. Regardless of the inconsistent animation, they were still enjoyable. And so was her appearance in the Mihoshi Special. I couldn't get into Magical Project S though. While the show is centered around Sasami, what made the previous incarnations of Pretty Sammy enjoyable for me was the Tenchi feel they had. Magical Project S failed to do that and I felt like I was watching a Sailor Moon knock-off.

Well, my comment in the post you quoted above is actually referred to the TV series, ^_^' but I agree that it lacks the Tenchi favor.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 62 months ago
inactive
I used to wake up every Saturday morning just to watch Winx and then I would go back to sleep...and I was a teenager. :grey:

Mai hime is one of the best realistic (lol right?) presentation of what it means to be an actual magical girl. It's easily one of my favorite anime.

Anyone ever watch Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha? It's like a magical girl show but with a boomstick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
If someone is interested ...I've an extra Mahou tsukai Sally keychains set (only characters from that series) 5 different characters
So I take offers... the best offer will be take !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:40 am 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Well, my comment in the post you quoted above is actually referred to the TV series, ^_^' but I agree that it lacks the Tenchi favor.

I didn't know you responded to this. I'm still trying to play catch up with the messages since I've been out of town for my grandmother's funeral.

Anyway, I was talking about the Pretty Sammy TV series as well. But decided to start off discussing the OVA first.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:41 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I'm still trying to play catch up with the messages since I've been out of town for my grandmother's funeral.

I'm sorry to hear about that - may your grandma RIP.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
•Utakata (TV & OVA): Complete Collection - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 11/2/10 [Sub-only]

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Section23 Films has announced that it will release the Utakata (Uta∽Kata) and Taishō Baseball Girls. (Taishō Yakyū Musume.) television anime series in November. Both anime were licensed through Sentai Filmworks. Utakata's first English-subtitled DVD collection will ship on November 2, and the complete English-subtitled DVD collection for Taishō Baseball Girls. will ship on November 16.

The 2004 Utakata anime reunited director Keiji Gotoh with his Kiddy Grade team in the creative group gimik. The story centers around Ichika Tachibana, a 14-year-old girl who discovers an old, busted mirror in an unused school building. A mysterious girl named Manatsu appears from inside the mirror and offers Ichika the magical powers of Djinn. However, as her powers grows, Ichika finds herself in the middle of a swirling web of deception and danger. Other Kiddy Grade veterans who worked on Utakata include the series script supervisor Hidefumi Kimura and character designer Megumi Kadonosono.

Section23 Films has clarified with ANN that the DVD collection for Utakata contains the complete 12-episode television series and the original video anime spinoff.

(to read the rest of the article - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ball-girls)

Has anyone seen this anime before and if so then what do you think of it? The responses over it getting licensed is very positive and i'm thinking about buying the set when it's out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
NJ_ wrote:
•Utakata (TV & OVA): Complete Collection - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 11/2/10 [Sub-only]

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Section23 Films has announced that it will release the Utakata (Uta∽Kata) and Taishō Baseball Girls. (Taishō Yakyū Musume.) television anime series in November. Both anime were licensed through Sentai Filmworks. Utakata's first English-subtitled DVD collection will ship on November 2, and the complete English-subtitled DVD collection for Taishō Baseball Girls. will ship on November 16.

The 2004 Utakata anime reunited director Keiji Gotoh with his Kiddy Grade team in the creative group gimik. The story centers around Ichika Tachibana, a 14-year-old girl who discovers an old, busted mirror in an unused school building. A mysterious girl named Manatsu appears from inside the mirror and offers Ichika the magical powers of Djinn. However, as her powers grows, Ichika finds herself in the middle of a swirling web of deception and danger. Other Kiddy Grade veterans who worked on Utakata include the series script supervisor Hidefumi Kimura and character designer Megumi Kadonosono.

Section23 Films has clarified with ANN that the DVD collection for Utakata contains the complete 12-episode television series and the original video anime spinoff.

(to read the rest of the article - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ball-girls)

Has anyone seen this anime before and if so then what do you think of it? The responses over it getting licensed is very positive and i'm thinking about buying the set when it's out.

Oh that's look interesting des pite I still more fan of the old magical girls .The green hair girl is very cute!
Megu still the most cute witch girl !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
Three words: Sugar Sugar Rune

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
I... guess I don't really watch any Magical Girl series that are Japanese other than Sailor Moon. Don't mess with the classics, and all.

As a kid, I really liked Tenko And The Guardians of the Magic, a farely similar series that was pretty much whipped up to compete with Sailor Moon's popularity.

And then Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders... I am pretty embarrassed that I like that one. It's better than it sounds, but still. For other girl power, I absolutely adored Kim Possible for a long time.

Powerpuff Girls were my favorite for a really long time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
I knew about Cutey Honey, but I didn't Go Nagai had another magic girl series... Majokko Tickle?

I might have to look into that since I like Nagai a lot through his super robo works (Mazinger, Getter, Jeeg, etc...)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:31 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Majokko Tickle is very different from his other series. He did the concept, and designs. He didn't do a manga adaption or anything.

It's a pretty family friendly show, not for everyone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next