* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Magic girls / girl power animated shows besides Sailor Moon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 29 months ago
inactive
I haven't done my list for this topic, let me see the ones I have seen:

Sailor Moon - First Magical Girl series I have watched and its pure awsomeness: Great characters, awsome seiyuu, awsome music, super awsome final episode scenes and frequently developing art style.

Totally Spies - One of my first 'I am obessed with this show' before Sailor Moon. I lost interest drasticly (but the interest is still there) after Sailor Moon got to me.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Watched the dub first but changed to the Japanese because it pwns more than the dub

PPG - I used to watch this show a lot when I used to go to the Philippines during Xmas

W.I.T.C.H. - I used to like it but I lost total interest later

Kim Possible - Girl Powered theme with Sidekick; I used to watch it a lot in the Philippines but I lost lack of interest watching it.

PPGZ - I watched the first few episodes but (AGAIN) lost lack of interest

Tokyo Mew Mew - Only saw the first few and last few episodes on Youtube (because I watched it with a friend in Brisbane who like the Japanese) but I have never gone to finish it due to lack of interest

Fresh Precure - I tried to watch the first episode...but I cringed and lacked interest in this series. Speaking for the whole Precure series, I (used to) never like watching the series because it seemed to have coppied Sailor Moon, had many element similar to the Sailor Moon and the transformation scenes are well...not bad but not better at all...

Heartcatch Precure - Tied with Sailor Moon FTW, I actually loved this series, though it had some Sailor Moon elements, I actually enjoyed all the funny moments, introduction of characters, character and pretty good story development, art and transformation sequences, which I would say they're tied to Sailor Moon transformations due to it's awsome background music. Toei must be really serious about this series... :ninja:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
So sincerely I don't watch very much series, more by the past and I still loving my "old anime series" and Quebec is'nt very "open" to the anime-mangas world, so it is why we did'nt had many of the series showed in France like Creamy, Minky Momo, City Hunter, Nadia secret of blue water and more, so I've been introduced to many series by European friends and the net since 1996, so I 'm introduced to many series by Micchi because she sings the op/ end. theme song and now and now I discove many series by Rihoko .

I've too say I know some series a little because I bought some cute figures, so it's more I know the name, a little about the series but don't realy watch it. I still prefer the old series because too many new series are like... some "remake", "copies"....so the best magical girls series stays for me

1- Sailor Moon

2- Megu-chan :mrgreen:

3- Majokko Tikkle

4- Mahôtsukai Sally ( the series from 60s is an ultimate classic in Quebec )

5- Cutey Honey

so I like Tokyo mew mew, Mermaid melody is cute too, but I think I like more the characters design than the series.

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
•Utakata (TV & OVA): Complete Collection - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 11/2/10 [Sub-only]

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Section23 Films has announced that it will release the Utakata (Uta∽Kata) and Taishō Baseball Girls. (Taishō Yakyū Musume.) television anime series in November. Both anime were licensed through Sentai Filmworks. Utakata's first English-subtitled DVD collection will ship on November 2, and the complete English-subtitled DVD collection for Taishō Baseball Girls. will ship on November 16.

The 2004 Utakata anime reunited director Keiji Gotoh with his Kiddy Grade team in the creative group gimik. The story centers around Ichika Tachibana, a 14-year-old girl who discovers an old, busted mirror in an unused school building. A mysterious girl named Manatsu appears from inside the mirror and offers Ichika the magical powers of Djinn. However, as her powers grows, Ichika finds herself in the middle of a swirling web of deception and danger. Other Kiddy Grade veterans who worked on Utakata include the series script supervisor Hidefumi Kimura and character designer Megumi Kadonosono.

Section23 Films has clarified with ANN that the DVD collection for Utakata contains the complete 12-episode television series and the original video anime spinoff.

Just to update, here's the front & back cover art.

Well, i'll be buying this when it's out in November so here's hoping it's good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:29 pm 
inactive
*____________* wow the girls are close like that... in the show

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 80 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
•Utakata (TV & OVA): Complete Collection - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 11/2/10 [Sub-only]

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Section23 Films has announced that it will release the Utakata (Uta∽Kata) and Taishō Baseball Girls. (Taishō Yakyū Musume.) television anime series in November. Both anime were licensed through Sentai Filmworks. Utakata's first English-subtitled DVD collection will ship on November 2, and the complete English-subtitled DVD collection for Taishō Baseball Girls. will ship on November 16.

The 2004 Utakata anime reunited director Keiji Gotoh with his Kiddy Grade team in the creative group gimik. The story centers around Ichika Tachibana, a 14-year-old girl who discovers an old, busted mirror in an unused school building. A mysterious girl named Manatsu appears from inside the mirror and offers Ichika the magical powers of Djinn. However, as her powers grows, Ichika finds herself in the middle of a swirling web of deception and danger. Other Kiddy Grade veterans who worked on Utakata include the series script supervisor Hidefumi Kimura and character designer Megumi Kadonosono.

Section23 Films has clarified with ANN that the DVD collection for Utakata contains the complete 12-episode television series and the original video anime spinoff.

Just to update, here's the front & back cover art.

Well, i'll be buying this when it's out in November so here's hoping it's good.

Aww its finally been licensed!I love this series =^_^=
Rakiko wrote:
*____________* wow the girls are close like that... in the show

=^_^= Its almost yuri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 67 months ago
inactive
Only Tokyo Mew Mew.

Is Pretty Cure any good?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 pm 
inactive
TheStarsShineBright wrote:

=^_^= Its almost yuri

Ohh interesting!!! :cookie:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am 
inactive
I've to share photos of my awesome Megu figure ! :love:

Yes of course she was expensive, but she is the coolest figure ever!!!
You can change her hands, her face expression too, she has her broom, ...the pervers guy is there too XD
My contact pre-ordered her last summer and he got her on October but the release was supose to be in September...so I receive her last week but the batteries of the camera were finished and my moyther bought other...

She is approx 20cm and adorable !
I know guys are looking for panty shots XD 2nd picture

edit... I 've forgotten my princess Kurama gashapon figure ^^ (from Urusei Yatsura)
BTW I bought her for the same reason as Megu :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 29 months ago
inactive
Sailor Yin wrote:
Only Tokyo Mew Mew.

Is Pretty Cure any good?

I recommend Heartcatch Precure (Pretty Cure), the first 2 episodes are really good. They really blow you away :)
Futari Wa Pretty Cure (First season) isn't bad, but it doesn't have an epic first episode like Heartcatch had :neutral:
Fresh is really bad in the first episode :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Oh! I'm in love with that Megu figure! :love: :love:

I saw it comes with a Chou-san looking up her skirt, just like in the opening. P-:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:48 am 
inactive
Umino wrote:
Oh! I'm in love with that Megu figure! :love: :love:

I saw it comes with a Chou-san looking up her skirt, just like in the opening. P-:

I'll take more pictures of course . I was sure that you was going to love her.
I've now some Megu collectibles .

I would love a Tickle for the same reason ...but never seen one :neutral:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:30 am 
inactive
Pretty cure-The first series was okay,it wasnt anything new but it had yuri undertones,action,and frilly outfits;do i need to say more :innocent: i wish it would show in the U.S :evil:
Heartcatch precure-It is a very good series and it started out well.im addicted lol.I showed this to my cousins they love it =^_^=
Precure 5-Its stereotypical but better than you think,better than tokyo mew mew and mermaid melody actually.Im addicted to this show too! =^_^= and showed it to my cousins again they love it as well :blush:
Uta kata-different from your average magical girl show its not about saving the world.Its really emotinal and has yuri undertones!Though the loli-fan-service was meh to me ^_^'
Ill post more tommorow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 am 
inactive
Rakiko wrote:
I've to share photos of my awesome Megu figure ! :love:

That is a pretty figure! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ And I like that box, too. :cool:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I love Mermaid Melody! It's such a cute show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
When I was younger, I was obsessed with magical girls :happy: Here is my list:
1. Sailor Moon
Obviously. The 90s anime will always stay in my heart as one of my favorite anime series.
2. Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne
3. Tokyo mew mew
4. Mermaid melody
5. PreCure
I watched all seasons but I finished only Futari wa, Splash star, Heartcatch and Go princess. These series are epic!
6. W.I.T.C.H
I loved how dark this show was with all these monsters. Too bad it was canceled after 2 seasons.
7. Winx club
Watched it as a child but I absolutely hate it.
8. Nanoha
One of the best mahou shoujos ever. I like A's more than the first season/movie.
9 Madoka
I dont know if it counts but in terms of writing, plot twists and story this one beats all others.
10. Prisma Illya
This anime is actually pretty good. If you ignore the yuri parts, it can be quite enjoyable.
11. Wedding Peach
Somehow I enjoyed the romance here more than in SM.
I think thats all but there could be more xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
This thread makes me sad because it reminds me that we'll never see the Precure series after Heartcatch in Italy. Anyway I am surprised that W.I.T.C.H and Winx are known in America too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Ancient spirit
I remember watching the following series:
There are the magical girl anime series that I've watched completely and like:
1. Sailor Moon ( German dub that I like very, very much, and some Classic episodes - Bulgarian dub - terrible, as I'm on this message board, I obviously love the show)
2. Uta Kata (Japanese dub, English sub - pretty interesting as a concept and I liked it a lot)
3. Princess Tutu (Japanese dub, English sub - lovely and very enjoyable, exploring many themes, absolute pleasure to watch)
4. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (German dub, good show)

I've watched yet remain sort of indifferent to these:
1. Hana no Ko Lunlun (saw only a few episodes of it, Bulgarian dub)
2. Cutie Honey (saw only a few episodes of it, German dub, hardly remember anything)
3. Tonde Burin (Was watching it for some time, German dub)
4. Ojamajo DoReMi (did not watch all of it, mostly German dub and a little in Bulgarian)
5. Pretear (Did not finish it, Japanese dub, English sub)
6. Wedding Peach (actually I did write this off as a Sailor Moon wannabe, German dub)

And here are the magical girl series that are not anime:
1. W.I.T.C.H (like the comics, at least the first 12 issues in Bulgarian, indifferent to the animated series - watched in Bulgarian and English dubs)
2. Winx (annoying, Bulgarian and English dubs)
3. Totally spies (Bulgarian dub, English dub, was fun to watch)
4. Power Puff Girls (English dub, fun)
5. Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders (remember watching it as a child, Bulgarian dub, actually was a pretty good show)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:11 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
I watched kamikaze kaitou jeanne when i was at the middle school,and didn't like it.i was obsessed with cardcaptor sakura at that time being.i still adore ccs.
nowadays,i like magic knight rayearth too.
and i watched revolutionary girl utena,too,if counts.I can't decide whether i like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:53 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This was mentioned on the thread but growing up I really liked Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic. I thought it was an amazing show with a lot of potential and I hated how it only lasted one season. I especially wanted to know the identity of that evil yellow creature on the Island of Atlantis in the final episode. In my fic I actually crossed it over with Sailor Moon and explained who that entity was hint Lovecraft mythos.

I also liked Pretty Sammy as well. I am a fan of the Tenchi series all though mainly only OVA 1 and 2, Tenchi Universe, the movies and some of the OVA based games. I especially liked the games that included Hakua and Kiyone Makibi. I always thought that if Sailor Moon was crossed with the Tenchi series then Sasami could be Sailor Jurai!

I recently got into Cardcaptor Sakura. I watched the first episode and it seems to be really good. I will definitely watch the rest when I can.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
I like Akazukin Chacha, Wedding Peach, and am currently watching the second season of Nanoha (Nanoha A's).

I tried watching the first Pretty Cure but only saw a few episodes, didn't like it, seemed too much of a kids show.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:20 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Modena's Action Figures Museum will have a special exhibition about Magical Girls Anime until July. There will be action figures of Sailor Moon, Doremi, Megu/Bia, Creamy Mami, Ransie from Tokimeki Tonight and many others.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
MoonRaito wrote:
When I was younger, I was obsessed with magical girls :happy: Here is my list:
1. Sailor Moon
Obviously. The 90s anime will always stay in my heart as one of my favorite anime series.
2. Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne
3. Tokyo mew mew
4. Mermaid melody
5. PreCure
I watched all seasons but I finished only Futari wa, Splash star, Heartcatch and Go princess. These series are epic!
6. W.I.T.C.H
I loved how dark this show was with all these monsters. Too bad it was canceled after 2 seasons.
7. Winx club
Watched it as a child but I absolutely hate it.
8. Nanoha
One of the best mahou shoujos ever. I like A's more than the first season/movie.
9 Madoka
I dont know if it counts but in terms of writing, plot twists and story this one beats all others.
10. Prisma Illya
This anime is actually pretty good. If you ignore the yuri parts, it can be quite enjoyable.
11. Wedding Peach
Somehow I enjoyed the romance here more than in SM.
I think thats all but there could be more xD

Mermaid Melody?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Other: Sailor Perhonen
Magic Knight Rayearth
I'm a huge fan and I love it as much as I love Sailor Moon.

My middle school uniform was very similar to Hikaru Shidou's uniform and my school shoes were 100% the same as hers, I still can't believe it! LOL! :lol: ...my 2 best friends and me were so obsessed with this anime, that we actually had a small SM/MKR local fanclub called "Magic Moon" and we designed the logo totally from scratch, it looked so beautiful and professional, I wish I still had a copy of it so I could upload a pic here. One of them wrote a beautiful, very mature and so dramatic MKR fanfic in English (because she speaks that language perfectly) but she never dared to publish it on fan fiction.net where she had an account.

We had lots of meetings and long phone calls just to discuss this anime and because we were 3 girls, 3 best friends with a great bond, who never wanted to be separated ever! (but it finally happened after high school), they always told we were the real magic knights :innocent: ha ha! ...so I was Hikaru, because of my personality, my petite size, the uniform similarity and my love for Lantis :blush: while they were Umi and Fuu. Gosh! you have no idea how much I miss those magical years of my life. I wanna go back in time so so badly.

And yes we watched the OVAS too and I have them on my computer! yay! I just watched 'em again like 4 days ago. I also own part of the OST (mp3 files, not CDs).

CardCaptor Sakura
I was a alone on this one. My 2 best friends and me were already in high school and preparing ourselves for the next huge step, the university. Therefore they never got interested, but also our free time for fangirling was dramatically reduced, we were focusing on our own lives, school and other crucial issues, etc.

Yes! I was a big a fan of CCS (still am), but I just watched the anime, didn't have time anymore to invest in other fan-activities like I did with SM and MKR, I wasn't that devoted but I still managed to follow this anime till its end and I'm currently planning on watching it all over again and am trying to find the music.

While watching CCS, I was little by little losing my otaku side, and my interest in japanese animation and actually in anything japanese, as I was getting into the american TV series world thanks to "Charmed" and I got truly obsessed with this one, I stopped being Hikaru, to become Phoebe Halliwell, a magical wiccan witch P-: :tongue: ...I changed, now I'm mostly an US/Europe tv procedurals fangirl, but a year ago the SM/MKR memories and nostalgia hit me so hard! and that's why I sort of want to get all that back and reconnect.

dime que es mentira todo, un sueno tonto y no más
Me da miedo la enormidad, donde nadie oye mi voz