* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RightStuf rescues Dirty Pair OVAs/movie, Gasaraki & Nadesico
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:58 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zsZe2KZu4#t=7m38s

RIGHT STUF & NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announce
Original DIRTY PAIR OVAs & Movie, DIRTY PAIR FLASH;
MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO TV, Movie & GEKIGANGER III;
and GASARAKI TV
Anime Expo 2011: New license and project announcements

GRIMES, Iowa, July 1, 2011 – Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division made several announcements during their July 1st panel at Anime Expo 2011 in Los Angeles, California. Right Stuf President and C.E.O. Shawne Kleckner revealed the licenses for the “original” DIRTY PAIR OVA (direct-to-video) episodes and Project Eden movie; the DIRTY PAIR FLASH OVA series; the remastered release of the MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO television series, its theatrical sequel and its GEKIGANGER III spin-off OVA; and the GASARAKI television series.

Original DIRTY PAIR OVAs + Movie, DIRTY PAIR FLASH OVAs

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment announced additional installments of the DIRTY PAIR anime franchise – including the classic Dirty Pair OVAs and movie, as well as the 1990s series DIRTY PAIR FLASH – will be released in 2012.

The adventures of “Lovely Angels” Kei and Yuri continue in the Affair of Nolandia OVA, the Project Eden movie, the 10-episode OVA sequel to the TV series, and the Flight 005 Conspiracy OVA. These extensions of the original Dirty Pair television series will be released across two value-priced DVD sets. They feature production by Sunrise (Gundam, Outlaw Star, The Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop) and Studio Nue (Crusher Joe, Macross).

•Nozomi Entertainment’s releases of the OVA installments (the OVA series, Affair of Nolandia and Flight 005 Conspiracy) will feature remastered video from the Japanese DVD release.
•The upcoming release of the 10-episode OVA series will include the previously released English dub, Japanese audio, and English-language subtitles and on-screen translations.
•The new release of Project Eden, Affair of Nolandia and Flight 005 Conspiracy will include both the ADV Films and Streamline Pictures English-language dubs, plus Japanese audio and English-language subtitles and on-screen translations.

Dirty Pair Flash is a 16-episode, direct-to-video and alternate universe series, starring younger versions of Kei and Yuri. The entirety of Dirty Pair Flash will be released as one, value-priced DVD set, which will feature remastered video, along with the previously released English audio, plus Japanese audio and English-language subtitles and on-screen translations.

The Dirty Pair’s literary adventures – written by Haruka Takachiho (creator of Crusher Joe) and illustrated by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (character design for Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Unicorn) – have won two Seiun Awards for science fiction and inspired an array of media, including anime, radio series and English-language comics. The first two novels, The Great Adventure of the Dirty Pair and The Dirty Pair Strike Again, are published for English-speaking audiences by Dark Horse.

Visit comingsoon.rightstuf.com for information about these upcoming releases and dirtypair.rightstuf.com to read an exclusive interview with Dirty Pair creator Haruka Takachiho, to view the TV series trailer, and to order both parts of the DIRTY PAIR television series (available now from Nozomi Entertainment).

Remastered MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO TV Series,
Plus Movie and the North American Debut of the GEKIGANGER III OVA

Right Stuf’s Nozomi Entertainment announced its license for the MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO television series and its sequel motion picture (The Prince of Darkness), as well as its spin-off GEKIGANGER III OVA. This will be the first time Gekiganger III will be available to North American audiences.

The 26-episode series, its movie and its spin-off will be released in a complete, value-priced DVD collection. It will include remastered video from the Japanese DVD release (TV series and Gekiganger III), the previously released English-language dub (TV series and film), plus Japanese audio, English-language subtitles and on-screen translations, and on-disc extras.

Martian Successor Nadesico is a science-fiction comedy directed by Tatsuo Sato (Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Shigofumi, Stellvia), with character designs by Keiji Gotoh (Gatekeepers 21, Sorcerer Hunters) and animation production by XEBEC (The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Fafner). Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness won the fan-voted Animage Grand Prix award in 1998.

The Earth, its moon and its Martian colonies are under alien attack! The Terran military is powerless to stop the invasion, so the arms manufacturer Nergal builds and deploys its own space cruiser in a desperate attempt to save the Earth. However, due to a shortage of military personnel, the battleship Nadesico’s crew is a bit unorthodox. Could a contingent of misfits and otaku – including a reluctant cook-turned-pilot, a ditzy general’s daughter and a child genius – be mankind’s last hope?
Visit comingsoon.rightstuf.com for more information about the series.

GASARAKI

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment also announced its license for GASARAKI, a 25-episode television series created and directed by Ryousuke Takahashi (Armored Trooper Votoms, Blue Gender, GaoGaiGar, Phoenix) and planned and produced by Sunrise (Mobile Suit Gundam, Dirty Pair, Cowboy Bebop). The series – which combines mecha and political intrigue with mysticism – is currently scheduled for 2012, as a value-priced DVD release, with Japanese audio, English subtitles and on-screen translations, its previously released English-language dub, and on-disc extras.

The flames of war are fanned in the Middle East, as two secretive forces unleash their latest weapons of mass destruction. But in a world where giant robots are real, the most dangerous weapon of all lies buried within a human mind. Yushiro, the fourth son of the mysterious and powerful Gowa family, finds himself at the center of events that may change the future of mankind forever!

Visit comingsoon.rightstuf.com for more information about the series.

I'll be looking forward to the rest of Dirty Pair. The TV series was so much fun and it'll be the first time i'll be watching these OVAs along with the movie so i can't wait. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RightStuf rescues Dirty Pair OVAs/movie, Gasaraki & Nadesico
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All three are quality anime - RightStuf has got the right stuff. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:59 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

•Dirty Pair: OVA Series Collection - 250 minutes - $34.99 - 1/3/12

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-10.

Special Features: Clean Opening, Clean Closing, U.S. Trailer, Liner Notes, Previews.

Spoken Languages: English (ADV dub), Japanese, English subtitles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
Sweet. Now I can unshamefully delete the versions on my computer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Gasaraki: Complete Collection - 625 minutes - $49.99 - 2/7/12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:00 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

Right Stuf Vs. ADV video comparison trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDfY0a1_yI

They noted in the description that the footage is compressd by YouTube but it's still easy to tell that the difference between the two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Dirty Pair: Features Collection (Project Eden/Affair Of Nolandia/Flight 005 Conspiracy) - 190 minutes - $29.99 - 5/1/12

Quote:
This release features two English audio options: the ADV Films dub and the Streamline Pictures dub.

Special Features: Japanese Promotional Trailers, North American Trailer, Previews.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
All I have to say about this...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

•Dirty Pair: Features Collection (Project Eden/Affair Of Nolandia/Flight 005 Conspiracy) - 190 minutes - $29.99 - 5/1/12

Quote:
This release features two English audio options: the ADV Films dub and the Streamline Pictures dub.

Special Features: Japanese Promotional Trailers, North American Trailer, Previews.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Well here's something interesting from the Mania forums.

russ869 wrote:
Hmm... If I recall correctly the remaster R2J video for Nolandia actually has several re-animated scenes. According to Japanese Wikipedia:

Quote:
ビデオディスク化の際、日本サンライズ側の意向で大幅に作画のリテイクが行われている。カットやレイアウトなどに変更はなく動画枚数も同一でユリの顔を中心に作画修正がなされていた。ごく一部ではあるが新作カットも存在する。

Which roughly says that Sunrise redrew the animation before their video-disc/Laserdisc release (1986.5.21 on LD; Nolandia was first released on VHS in Dec 1985). Cel count stayed the same, and the bigger modification was on Yuri's face. Take a look. (Note the R2J DVD obviously doesn't come with subtitles, those have been added for these screenshots).

R1 DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp11_r1_001442.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp12_r1_003737.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp13_r1_005151.png

R2J DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp11_r2j_001443.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp12_r2j_003739.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp13_r2j_005152.png

But some changes were made to fix drawing errors.

R1 DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp14_r1_000833.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp15_r1_001200.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp16_r1_005237.png

R2J DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp14_r2j_000834.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp15_r2j_001201.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp16_r2j_005239.png

It is interesting to see that Sunrise did not redraw the end credits, so when the end credits of R2J starts you can see a drop in video quality.

R1 DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp17_r1_004038.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp18_r1_005544.png

R2J DVD:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp17_r2j_004039.png
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/qaz9/nolandia/nolandia_cmp18_r2j_005545.png

If the Japanese Wikipedia is believable, does that mean that ADV used an ancient VHS master for their 2003 R1 DVD? Somebody did confirm that Streamline's VHS release was using the re-animated master (Just an extremely washed out version).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:30 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There was also a scene re-animated in the last episode of the TV series to remove a cameo by Ataru and Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
There was also a scene re-animated in the last episode of the TV series to remove a cameo by Ataru and Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

Copyright issues, I guess? :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
Umino wrote:

Is it noticeable? If it is, it could screw up the quality.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
Umino wrote:

Is it noticeable? If it is, it could screw up the quality.

Like a distraction? :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My guess is that it was a copyright issue.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm pretty sure ADV got bad masters for the same reason they got bad masters for SM.

I'm actually fairly new to Dirty Pair, and I have a few questions (clears throat):

1. What's the best order to watch the franchise in? There's a lot of media, so I kinda need an overview.

2. Did ADV Films dub the whole franchise, if not, who did? Is there any portion without an English dub (aside from the TV series, which I have no idea why it hasn't been licensed and dubbed before if it's considered a classic)?

3. Has Nozomi licensed the whole franchise?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I'm actually fairly new to Dirty Pair, and I have a few questions (clears throat):

1. What's the best order to watch the franchise in? There's a lot of media, so I kinda need an overview.

I say watch the TV series first then the OVA series afterwards.

I haven't watched them yet but it has been said that the 3 features are different from the TV & OVA episodes so you can watch them in any way you want.

Quote:
2. Did ADV Films dub the whole franchise, if not, who did? Is there any portion without an English dub (aside from the TV series, which I have no idea why it hasn't been licensed and dubbed before if it's considered a classic)?

1. Streamline dubbed only the 3 features.

2. ADV dubbed the OVA episodes (w/new music & sound effects due to no M&E tracks from Sunrise which is reportedly also missing for the TV series), redubbed the features (and called them movies which made no sense since 2 of them were also OVAs but almost 60 minutes each) & also dubbed Dirty Pair Flash.

If you're interested in the ADV dub then be warned that they changed Yuri's voice actor for the "movies" & Flash has a completely different cast in both languages.

Quote:
3. Has Nozomi licensed the whole franchise?

For the anime, yes! The TV & OVA series are out, the features are coming in May & Flash should be coming this summer.

For the light novels, Dark Horse has (or had?) them but they only released two of them and that was quite a long time ago (2007 & 2008) which may have meant that they didn't sell. :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I wish Dirty Pair would be made into a live-action series/movie. :D

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:00 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_M2lyX3IH0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Dirty Pair Flash: Complete Collection - 400 minutes - $39.99 - 7/10/12

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-16.

Special Features: Line Art Gallery, Clean Openings, Clean Endings, U.S. Trailer, Previews.

Spoken Languages: English (ADV dub), Japanese, English subtitles.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Dirty Pair Flash Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4_kAzFI_o

Image Image

•Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Limited Edition) - 740 minutes - $59.99 - 9/4/12

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-26 of the TV series, the Prince of Darkness movie, and the Gekigangar 3 OVA! (OVA is sub-only.)

While supplies last, customers ordering this limited edition will also receive a free gift with purchase! (Details to be announced.)

Special Features: Interviews with Actors and Staff, "Welcome to Belle Equipe" Documentary, "Nadesico Sorekara" Special, TV Series Clean Opening and Ending, TV Spots, Movie Spots and Trailers, Prince of Darkness Music Video, Previews.

Some screenshot comparisons here.

TV Vs. Home Video: http://catsspat.dyndns.org:2080/anime/N ... index.html

Original Vs. Remastered: http://catsspat.dyndns.org:2080/anime/N ... index.html

ADV = TV Broadcast version

Right Stuf = Remastered version

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:32 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Is Nadesico good? I heard it was only resolved in an untranslated video game. But I do want moar Spike Spencer...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:42 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:
Image Image

•Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Limited Edition) - 740 minutes - $59.99 - 9/4/12

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-26 of the TV series, the Prince of Darkness movie, and the Gekigangar 3 OVA! (OVA is sub-only.)

While supplies last, customers ordering this limited edition will also receive a free gift with purchase! (Details to be announced.)

Special Features: Interviews with Actors and Staff, "Welcome to Belle Equipe" Documentary, "Nadesico Sorekara" Special, TV Series Clean Opening and Ending, TV Spots, Movie Spots and Trailers, Prince of Darkness Music Video, Previews.

I like that tentative box art, & that Nadesico capt., too. :)

Sneakers Shingo wrote:
Is Nadesico good?

Yes, it's also a favorite show of mine. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:19 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Nadesico trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHcL1-jRPI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:

Nice, & I like that it mixes footage from the show w/ that from that show w/i the show. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Nadesico DVDs confirmed to use Japanese Blu-ray masters.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3545/ndscomp1.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7355/ndscomp2.jpg

Top: ADV DVDs (TV broadcast masters)
Middle: Starchild Blu-ray Discs
Bottom: Right Stuf DVDs

There's also a bit of a problem with ADV's dub for the episodes because the remaster had some scenes reanimated so there's a few syncing problems that Right Stuf even put a disclaimer out for on the discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 740 minutes - $64.99 (Retail) - 4/4/17

Quote:
The Martian Successor Blu-ray contains all 26 episodes of the TV series and the Prince of Darkness movie across 4 Blu-rays PLUS an entire DVD of extras including the Gekigangar 3 OVA!

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: Mysterious2098Face
all greats worth buying =^_^=