Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Digimon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:58 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SnowWolf wrote:
Why even bother to change the opening song then?!
To drive up nostalgia to the 90's theme song?

Why do Digimon English dubs make most of the nonsensical changes that they make anyway?

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ4MLV8

Looks like it's getting a physical release after all. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
A tweet confirms that Butterfly was replaced, but we knew that.
https://twitter.com/ElectricMudkip/s...67999784448000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:48 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
The English intro to Adventure 1 and 2 as well as Tamers, Hey Digimon (the theme that played whenever in Adventure 1 when they were about to defeat an evil Digimon (with the exception of Devimon and Etemon).

Also I cant recall the songs name but the one in Adventure 2 when they were about to defeat an evil Digimon (and Ken lol)

Gotta ask whos your favorite Digimon? Mine's Myotismon (especially if he's voiced by Richard Epcar)

Myotismon's so cool! He made a great villain. If we're talking about Digimon partners, my favorites are Gabumon, Gatomon, Biyomon, Palmon (as Lillymon), Patamon, Veemon, Wormmon, and Armadillomon.

Who are your favorite human characters?

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

Last edited by Usagi-Fifth-Doctor on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/776583696728018944
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/776583920007585792
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/776596871552888832
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/776596986296406017
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/776597243264663552

Quote:
Great dub. Minor rewrites. Only change in the music was Kouji Wada's piece. Curiously, it was listed in the credits.

Also note that they cut down the credits, but I suspect it'll be intact in the dvd/bd release down the line. Credits seemed abrupt.

Quote:
Did it credit who did the dubbing? Seems some people think it's Eleven Arts.

No. Given the abrupt credits, not much but... They did list Toei Animation Inc. (which I believe is Toei's US studio), so....

Also, something... curious. Crunchyroll provided all the extra movie content...

I know there was Loot Anime at the beginning, but... Crunchyroll seemed to take charge for the post movie stuff.

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:58 am 
Luna
Luna
Another Clip.
T.K and Kari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ISlhgjwT8g

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:58 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Okay, saw the tri. dub and got a LOT to comment on it. To those who also saw it, feel free to correct me on any of the following, as I'm going by memory.

Spoiler: show
The opening with Demiourgos (renamed here as "Demiurge" like in the subs) was faithfully translated, complete with unique narrator voice.

Like others have said, "Butter-Fly" was replaced with "It's Digi-Time Again!" as the theme song, yet the former was still credited in the end credits alongside "Brave Heart" and "I Wish". But aside from that one musical change, all of the original Japanese score and soundtrack was kept.

The Japanese logo was kept for the title card instead of replacing it with the English logo. In fact, all of the original animation was left fully uncut and unaltered, for the first time in any U.S. English dub of Digimon. Though, the end credits shoved the Japanese background graphics into a smaller box off the left side of a new black background, so that all new English credits could be played on the right side of the screen.

The returning cast members were all spot on for the most part, with only Kirk Thornton's Gabumon sounding a little off and Anna Garduno's Palmon sounding a bit rough in some places.

The new cast members were either hit or miss. The hits were Tara Sands as Kari and Kyle Herbert as Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon (yes, those two got to speak in this version, but it was only their names that they spoke).

Sadly, the rest were all misses for me. While every one of them all had good quality acting overall, the new voices for Matt, T.K., Joe, Biyomon, and Gatomon simply did not sound right at all. Vic Mignogna's Matt was especially off-putting because that simply wasn't Matt, it was Christopher. Yamato's tri. design had already made him look reminiscient of Kiriha's first design, and Vic's voice just brought that full circle. He was pretty Matt in name only. He tried. Honestly, all of these new voices tried. But despite their best efforts, none of them simply sounded right at all.

If anything, a simply rearrangement of at least the male voices could have done wonders for the boys. Robbie's Joe voice was too deep, but could have worked very well for Matt. Vic's Matt voice was Vic's default voice, which while unfitting for Matt could have fit very well for Joe (or T.K.). Johnny's T.K. voice sounded like he was doing a Vic Mignogna impression (seriously, whenever Matt and T.K. were speaking to each other, they sounded almost identical to me), but since Doug Erholtz was already onboard a the voice of Nishijima, switching him and Johnny around would have given T.K. his previous voice and Nishijima a cooler-sounding voice.

Speaking of Nishijima, the new character voice cast members were all pretty good. Meiko's voice was dead on perfect, Himekawa sounded good, what little we could hear of Meicoomon was alright, and Nishijima, well, his voice was okay but much deeper than I was expecting. He's the only one of the new characters I'd be fine with recasting in my above-mentioned voice cast rearrangement suggestion.

Anyway, onward to the script changes. I'd say about 85% of the original dialogue was all kept intact. Of the changed 15%, I'd say 10% was dialogue that was simply rewritten, and 5% was newly-added dub-original dialogue.

Kari is a lot more sarcastic and sassy in this dub than Hikari was in the original.

The Strawberry Choco Bomber Crash seasonal Hyper Tropical Expresso is renamed to something shorter like "Super Chocolate Tropical Expresso" or something.

The soccer players' trying to impress Hikari with their manly enthusiasm is changed to them asking Kari if she'll be at the game to cheer them on. Hikari's wishing them luck is changed to Kari's hoping that she can be at the game to do so.

Yamato's use of "live" to refer to his concert is dubbed consistently as "gig" for Matt.

When Taichi says good morning to Yamato and Sora, they originally looked at him awkwardly because Nishijima had then appeared behind Taichi offscreen. In the dub, after the good mornings are said, Matt and Sora's looking at Tai awkwardly is given an offscreen line by Tai asking "Am I interrupting something?", as though he inadvertently caught Matt and Sora having a moment rather than their noticing Nishijima behind him.

Nishijima asking Taichi to come to his office during Lunch is changed slightly to him asking Tai to come to his office after lunch.

Taichi's career planning form is changed into being Tai's life goals paper.

The reason the Teen-Age Wolves broke up being due to "musical differences" is changed into being due to "creative differences". This allows Taichi's joke about Yamato being "musical" into being "You? Creative?"

IIRC, Tai refers to his lunch as a "combo meal".

Yamato's being particular about his ramen having the right amount of pepper is kept intact, but also includes a new bit about Tai having bad taste. This allows Taichi's "Knife of Ramen" joke to be changed into Tai saying that he and Matt have "creative differences", tying back into what was said earlier.

Taichi's saying to Nishijima that he likes being with his friends, but whom live too far away for him to see anymore, is changed to Tai saying that he would like to see an (just one) old friend again who lives in a place that's hard for him to get to.

The painted "Gaikoku" Kanji that Nishijima holds up is given some kind of narration dialogue (not sure by whom, maybe by Tai) to let us know what it says (sorry, I can't remember what translation was said, but I do remember that it was a two-word translation).

When Nishijima holds up the (rather messy) "Yume" Kanji, he says "Remember, dream big!" to explain its meaning (which is basically what he said in the original).

Taichi's calling out to "Koushiro!" is dubbed as Tai calling out "Hey, Izzy! Got a minute?!"

When Taichi asked Koushiro if he could come to Taichi's game, Koushiro originally just said that he couldn't because it's his parents' anniversary. Izzy does the same but also adds that his family goes out to dinner for it every year.

Taichi originally assumed that he could ask both Takeru and Hikari to come to his game, while Tai instead assumes that only Kari could come since he figures T.K. would be going to Matt's gig.

Taichi saying that Mimi's in America is slightly amended to Tai more specifically saying that she's in New York.

Izzy's looking up the prices of airfare is very different from Koushiro's doing the same. Koushiro spoke of yen prices while Izzy refers to dollar prices. Koushiro spoke of additional air fees while Izzy speaks of what flights are available and when, as well as speaking of how Mimi like to travel with about four bags or so. And his speaking of how Mimi would prefer business class is change to her preferring first class.

Hikari calling Takeru "a real babe-magnet" (as the subs put it), is changed to Kari figuring that T.K.'s bringing a she to Matt's gig is "like a date".

IIRC, Hikari's line of "Un, bye bye!" is changed to "Yeah, see ya later."

Joe's teacher point out the 4th row being D-grade students and those in the back needing to work harder is changed to him first saying that the first row is for those with an A-grade, the second row is for B's, the third is for C's, and those in the fourth and fifth rows "need to buckle down."

As the animation wasn't changed, all of the Japanese names of the Chosen Children written in English on Himekawa's screen is kept in the dub.

The Kanto region in the new report is simply referred to as "the region" in the dub.

The Manta drink commercial is dubbed as a rhyme in sing-song (sorry, I don't remember the rhyme).

All of the Japanese text messages were given narration by the characters who wrote/sent them.

The "Daibacho Ground" is renamed the "city field".

The movers apologizing to Taichi for their being in his way were changed to their politely asking that Tai please move for being in their way. Both versions do have them saying that they'll be out of his way shortly.

Sora's complaining that she doesn't have enough time to get ready is changed to her now needing an outfit for both the soccer game and the gig.

Sora briefly thinking her clock saying 7:77:77 "must be a good sign" is changed to her saying "That's my lucky number!"

Koushiro originally asked Sora if her call is an emergency, while Izzy instead, for no apparent reason, fibs to Sora by saying he's "in the computer lab."

Izzy speaks French to the waiter just as Koushiro does, and Sora's original mistaking his first French line for English is corrected in the dub to her thinking she heard French.

Koushiro's thinking Sora's mishearing him was due to crossed wires and communication problems with the "digital realm" is changed to Izzy furthering his fib by claiming the "computer lab" has had communication problems lately.

Takeru asking Yamato what he calls his new band if it's not the Teen-Age Wolves, is changed to T.K. at first claiming that he knows the name of the new band and then confessing that he really doesn't know its name. This prompts the "Knife of Day" answer in both versions.

Joe's typing Japanese gibberish on his laptop has him speak over it to let us know that "this isn't what [he] typed."

Taichi's fellow soccer player berating him for not bringing Hikari to the game is changed to said player simply asking Tai what happened to Kari.

The little girl telling her mother that her phone is acting weird is changed to her telling her mother that her phone stopped working.

The traffic jam is given a LOT more background yelling and banter in the dub, with drivers hollering at the lights and each other. One driver shouts "Don't yell at me!"

The news referring to Kuwagamon as an unidentified creature is changed to refer to him as "an unidentified creature or machine".

Takeru saying "I still love you the most" to Yamato is changed to T.K. saying "Nothing will ever come between us" to Matt (this line got a reaction from the audience).

Koushiro's asking the waiter for more tea in Japanese is changed to Izzy making a request to the waiter in French.

Joe's giving up on trying to get around the gibberish his computer keeps typing is give additional dialogue of him complaining about his computer breaking down on him.

Sora's looking at her watch and then her phone is given newly-added dialogue to make her think about if she's running late and notice that her phone has the wrong time on its screen (in the original, the point of her looking at her phone was to show that she had no signal; the time wasn't wrong, it's given in military time).

The bystanders who look at their phones are given newly-added dialogue to indicate that they have no signal.

Kuwagamon's roar is the same in the dub as it was in the original.

As seen in one of the preview clips, a new internal monologue is given to Tai as he evades Kuwagamon: "This is no random attack! Kuwagamon's definitely after me! But why?"

Another new internal monologue is given to Tai as he surveys all the damage Kuwagamon did to the area surrounding Fuji TV, in which he says that all the damage Kuwagamon did will undoubtedly be blamed by all the "good digimon". Except, at the point when he says this, there are no "good digimon" around, so he's both talking about a then-irrelevant group and talking about something that he shouldn't yet have any knowledge about at that point (the media blaming his digimon friends).

IIRC, Tai monologues in his head some more when he looks at the broken cellphone on the ground, puts his digivice in his pocket, and rides off to lead Kuwagamon away (don't quote me on this one, though).

Taichi's internal monologue in the original about feeling powerless by himself is mostly the same in the dub, but is longer and starts sooner so as to fill up more moments of silence from the original (don't worry, there's still a TON of other silent moments from the original that were retained in the dub).

The audience cheered with Agumon spoke his first line in Tom Fahn's voice: "Hey, Tai!"

In the original, none of the digimon ever spoke any of their attack names (save for Togemon's use of "Chikuchiku Bang Bang"). Sadly, this is retained for the dub, with no attack names spoken in this version either (again, save for Togemon's attack, which I think was dubbed as "How about a Needle Spray?!").

Hearing "Brave Heart" play in the dub felt ever so gratifying.

The sound volume of "Brave Heart" got much quieter than in the original whenever dialogue had to speak over it.

When Greymon comments on how much stronger than before Kuwagamon is, Taichi's original inquiry of "How come?" is changed to Tai asking "Is that a problem?"

All the nighttime scenes in the dub were really darkly-lit and hard to make out at several points.

Haneda Airport is renamed "the international airport".

Nishijima tells Tai to "Get in the truck! I'll explain later!" This line got another reaction from the audience.

The men in black who approach Kari ask her "Is your name Kari?" instead addressing her by her full name like they did for Hikari in the original.

Taichi's original reaction to seeing everyone at the airport with their digimon ("Minna...") is dubbed as "Impossible!" Uh, what's so impossible about it?

The audience cheered at Tentomon speaking with Jeff Nimoy's voice.

Mimi's complaining about Taichi not picking up her call after she came all the way from America is slightly changed to her making the same complaint while claiming that she came all this way "for him," which we later find out isn't true, so for her to say this when she's by herself as though she believed it to be true is odd from an in-fiction standpoint.

The TV Mimi looks at is given a newly-added news report voice that speaks about the monster fight at the airport, and continues speaking as the scene changes to Joe walking across a bridge, as though it was also being broadcast from Joe's flip-phone.

Palmon asking to the heavens where Mimi is is changed to her saying how she can't fight/help/digivolve/etc. without Mimi.

IIRC, Yamato's cursing under his breath before ordering Gabumon to evolve is changed to Matt telling Tai that he and Gabumon will handle this fight.

Kabuterimon's monstrous roar in his evolution sequence is changed to a brand new roar done by Jeff Nimoy.

Gatomon's first Falcon Punching one of the Kuwagamon got a reaction from the audience.

Palmon's wanting Mimi to hurry up so she can evolve is changed to her again saying that she can't do anything to help without Mimi. Gomamon's saying that he's going to get Joe is slightly rephrased as a response to Palmon's line: "That's why I'm going to find Joe!"

Himekawa telling Mimi that she doesn't need to watch the news from Haneda because she's taking Mimi there now, and welcoming Mimi back to Japan, is slightly reworked to her telling Mimi that she doesn't need to watch the news because Mimi is going to "have a closer view" (or something like that), and then tells Mimi "we're going there".

Mimi's asking if "Palmon-tachi" are at the airport with the others is changed to "Palmon and Gomamon". Not sure why she singled out Gomamon.

"Omiyage" ("souvenirs") is dubbed as "presents".

After the second Kuwagamon is destroyed, Hikari's line of "It disappeared..." and Takeru's line of "There's one left," are dubbed respectively as "Two down..." and "...And one to go."

Matt refers the agents who brought them there as "the humans who brought them there." His use of "humans" is a little odd in this context. The word "people" would sounded more natural in this case.

Yamato thinking about the professionalism of the men who brought them to the airport is changed to Matt thinking that those men might be the government.

Taichi's mentioning that Nishijima is the one who brought him is kept but also given a comment from saying that Nishijima is "moonlighting as [their] teacher".

IIRC, a new line of dialogue is given to Tai right before Mimi calls out to the others and makes her presence (and her presents, lol) known.

Sora's asking Mimi if she came back for this battle is slightly reworked into her saying that if Mimi came back for this battle then she's a little late.

IIRC, Mimi's calling the colors of the gummy candy "weird" is changed to her calling it "cool".

Mimi saying that there's plenty of the gummies for everyone is amended into her saying that she has some for the "you guys" (her human friends) that they can take home with them. This prompts the inquiry from Izzy of how they would get home that Koushiro asks here in the original.

In the dub, Mimi is for some reason under the impression that Himekawa was a driver escort that the other kids personally arranged to come get her and bring her to them from the airport.

Sora thinking Himekawa looks "scary" is slightly amended to her thinking Himekawa looks "intimidating".

When Mimi asks where Joe and Gomamon are, the others originally guessed that he was busy because he's in his final year, while in the dub they instead speak of Joe's entrance exams for college. While this is what Joe is studying for in the original, it creates a continuity error in the dub with Revenge of Diaboromon having changed Joe's entrance exams for high school in that movie into being for college instead. Going by that logic, Joe should already be in college by this point in the dub version.

When Mimi originally wondered if Koushiro was looking at her because of him being attracted to her beauty, the dub has her more directly ask if he's "fallen in love with her".

Mimi originally said that her dad's work brought her back to Japan "for a while", whereas in the dub her dad's work transferred him back to Japan permanently, with Mimi saying that she's back "for good".

The morning news report refers to Odaiba as "the shopping district". This will be its dub name for the rest of the movie, with "Odaiba" never being spoken despite its use back in the dubs of Adventure and Zero Two.

The first woman civilian who speaks of the monster attacks on the news is given a rather high-pitched voice in the dub.

The dub mentioned the Self-Defense Force in the news report like in the original.

The weather report about the rainy season ending in the original now refers to clear skies in the dub.

The girls who speak of "Tanaka-kun's dad" now refer to just "my friend's dad" in the dub.

The teacher who Yamato and Taichi ask about Nishijima is given dialogue in the dub to tell them that Nishijima had business to take care of outside of the school, when he was originally silent in the original (in a way that meant we the audience could not hear the conversation he was having with the boys).

IIRC, Mimi and Meiko excusing themselves from the classroom they exit is dubbed as "See you tomorrow!"

When the others ask about Mimi's being at their school, Mimi originally first asked if she hadn't already told them before explaining that she's enrolled as a first-year student. In the dub, she instead insists that she already told the others that since she moved back into the neighborhood she's now going to the same school as them.

Instead of saying that Meiko is a second-year student who might be in Sora's class, Mimi in the dub says that Meiko is older than her and thus might be in Sora's class because of that fact.

In the dub, Meiko does not say that she comes from Tottori.

As Meiko takes her seat, the dub give new dialogue to the teacher telling her to take the desk next to Tai.

The two boys talking about the monster fight, wanting all the monsters to hurry up and die, are amended in the dub wanting the monsters to wipe all themselves out in this fights.

The six events Koushiro speaks of in the original are translated accurately enough in the dub.

The Digital World is never referred to as the "Digital World" by any of the kids or their digimon in the dub. It is only, consistently referred to by its very first dub name: the "DigiWorld". (Nishijima might have called it the "Digital World" later in the movie, but I don't remember)

When Hikari interrupts Koushiro's presentation to ask her brother about Nishijima, while Koushiro just kept on going with his dialogue in the background in the original, the dub has him stop talking and end his speech here, with him only speaking up again at later points in the conversation that he originally wasn't involved in. In cases where his mouth is moving while the others ignore him and talk amongst themselves, the dub has Izzy spout phrases loosely-related what he was talking about before like "If I could could only figure out what's causing the distortions..." or "The answer is right at might fingertips, if I could only figure it out somehow..."

Joe's original referring to how the media is garnering attention via scare tactics is slightly altered to him saying that the media is after publicity to get more attention. Nothing about scare tactics here.

Yamato's original refusing to accept the media blaming their digimon friends for the destruction caused by the Kuwagamon is changed to Matt saying that the media blaming their digimon friends for the destruction caused by the Kuwagamon is "pissing [him] off!" This is the first time a U.S. Enlgish dub of Digimon has ever used such language.

When Yamato originally demanded what Taichi suggest they do about the situation, Matt does so as well but also asks if Tai is thinking they should just do nothing.

Takeru's originally asking if Joe's girlfriend is a human is changed to T.K. asking if she's a "real girlfriend".

Joe's originally stating that his being the oldest gives him first right to be happy is slightly altered to him asking if he ought to not have the right to be happy.

Joe originally yelled at the others' false belief in his having a girlfriend, while in the dub his yell is changed to a more whimpering moan.

The restaurant owner originally commented on the girls having "unusual friends", while the dub, she instead comments on the "funny-looking costumes" the digimon were wearing.

"Ittadakimasu!" is dubbed as "Okay, let's dig in!'

Tailmon's praising the taste and melting texture of the food is changed to Gatomon wishing that "there was someone who could cook like like this in the DigiWorld!"

Mimi's thinking Sora's noticed how "handsome" Taichi and Yamato have become is changed to Mimi thinking Sora's noticed how "foxy" Tai and Matt have become.

The original wordplay on "handsome" is changed to match "foxy" with Gatomon saying "lynx-y" and Biyomon saying "cheetah-y"

In the original, Sora noticed Meiko passing the restaurant window and commented on that. The dub actually removes this little verbal observation of hers.

The audience laughed at Tai and Matt seeing Nishijima with a donut in his mouth.

IIRC, Yamato's reading aloud Nishsijima's job title is dead on accurate to the official subs.

Consistent to the English dubs of Adventure and Zero Two, "Hikarigaoka" is renamed "Highten View Terrace" in the dub.

Gennai's name is pronounced with a hard G like in the Japanese version instead of with a soft G like the English dubs of Adventure and Zero Two.

Taichi saying that Gennai helped them in the past is changed to him saying "He... took care of us..."

Koushiro wanted to purchase his clothes via online shopping, while Izzy wants to use a computer program he designed in order to do so (rather than said program merely showing him fashion ideas).

Tentomon's asking if Izzy has any particular reason for taking interest in fashion is spoken in the dub with him trying to hold back from laughing at Izzy.

As Izzy drinks his canned beverage to avoid answering T.K.'s asking him about Mimi being why Izzy is interested in clothes, the dub has T.K. joke that Izzy is "hitting the can a little hard, there."

Yamato's original harmonica tune is kept in the dub.

Gabumon saying Yamato's name after Yamato wonders if they all (the Chosen Children) will change is dubbed instead as "But he's your friend..."

During the sunset scene, Agumon saying "I don't know" to Taichi as he gets closer to him is changed to Agumon saying "I think you'll figure it all out" (or something like that) to Tai.

Taichi wondering if he might end up killing someone is changed to... something else more toned down from that. I can't remember what it was, but it definitely wasn't about killing.

Hikari originally just asked Taichi about his bringing Agumon with him to Koushiro's office and pointed out how Tailmon and the others were left at home. In the dub, Kari instead give Tai an attitude about his bringing Agumon with Izzy's office, and then wishes she had brought Gatomon with her.

Izzy says that he's helping a friend who's trying to start a company, but does not mention that this an American friend of his. If this is the same friend that he had mentioned in Zero Two, the dub had previously turned that friend into Willis, so it's interesting that this movie's dub did not go that route.

Before pushing Agumon and Biyomon into the computer screen, Tentomon counts to three in the dub.

Taichi's uncertainty of how to read his text from Agumon is changed to Tai suddenly not knowing how to work his own phone. What?

Mimi's commending how useful Koushiro's virtual cyberspace is is changed to her calling it "Genius!"

Takeru's calling Yamato to (facetiously?) say how happy he is that Yamato and Taichi made up is changed to T.K. calling Matt to ask him why he hasn't made up with Tai yet.

T.K.'s blog still contains the "DIGIDISTINED" spelling error from the original.

As T.K. types on his blog about the Kuwagamon appearance in Tokyo, the dub has him monlogue internally about them all needing to work together in a time like this, or something like that.

Izzy does not mention that he only got three hours of sleep in the dub. Instead, he just says "some sleep".

Tai compares the new goggles Izzy gives him to his old goggles, which Taichi did not do in the original.

Takeru's asking Koushiro if his laptop monitor is the gateway for the digimon to get back to the virtual cyberspace, and Koushiro's response that any monitor connected to the Internet will do, is changed to T.K. asking the same question but Izzy answering yes but he wants to test to see if any monitor connected to the Web should and will work.

When Sora sees Meiko by herself, the dub has Sora point her out as "the new girl" and calls to her by name.

When Meiko says that what she's looking for is "like a cast, sort of," the dub has Sora respond with something like "Sort of? It's either a cat or it isn't, right?"

Before Izzy asks Tai to check the area that they're in when the girls are off on there own, Tai comments on the leaving it to the girls to look for "the imaginary cat".

When Tai check the area with his goggles, the dub has him say he doesn't see anything before he says that the area looks safe.

Before the shot of the kids eating ice cream, the shot of the standalone ice cream has Kari give an offscreen comment about it.

Koushiro's asking Taichi if he thinks the cat might be at the restaurant is changed to Izzy asking Tai if he thinks they'll find a distortion at the restaurant.

Originally, Taichi asked Koushiro if they could go somewhere where they could use the goggles to see everything at once, to which Mimi suggests a high place, which prompts Hikari to ask what's tall in the area, and Koushiro then spots the ferris wheel. This exchange is changed in the dub to have Tai ask if they could find a high place to everything with the goggles, to which Mimi responds by pointing out how there aren't any high hills nearby, which prompts Kari to say that she know's a high place, and Izzy commends Kari for thinking of the ferris wheel. Weird that they changed this.

When Matt appears before the others, the dub added new offscreen dialogue to T.K. saying "Well, look what the imaginary cat dragged in."

Gabumon saying that he's going to go join Agumon and the others in the virtual cyberspace (which we later see that he does do in both versions) is changed to him saying that he's gonna go ride the ride (the ferris wheel, which he does not do in either version).

Sora's referring to Yamato and Taichi as still being sore from their last encounter is given the addition of her saying that she's put them both in time out.

Takeru comparing the two older brothers being penned together like caged lions is changed to T.K. hoping the two will finally talk it out between the two, which as a joke leads into the shot of Tai sitting grumpily in silence not talking to Matt.

Matt's saying how Tai isn't acting like he used to is given the addition of him saying how Tai used to take action.

Taichi's pivotal line of "I see more and understand less" is fully kept in the dub!

Yamato's line of "That's just running away" is changed to Matt giving more hard words to Tai, essentially telling him to buck up and such.

Yamato's asking why they're up there on the ferris wheel is changed to Matt asking about Tai's goggles and what he plans to use them for.

The intercom declaring an emergency evacuation refers to Odaiba as "the harbor" and the theme park where the ferris wheel is at as "the waterfront".

Meiko's nickname for Meicoomon "Mei-chan" is changed to just "Meicoomon" in the dub.

Himekawa refers to Alphamon as "the one" in the dub.

IIRC, Yamato asking "What are you doing, Taichi?!" is changed to Matt saying "Now's not the time to hold back!"

Yamato was originally surprised to see Gabumon. But in the dub, after Gabumon says Matt's name, the shot of Gabumon is accompanied by a new offscreen line from Matt saying "Well, look who it is," and right after this he still says "Gabumon?" with a bit of confusion in his tone, making his new offscreen line make less sense.

Garurumon grunts a lot more during this fight than he did in the original.

And each one of Agumon's and Gabumon's higher forms appear onscreen, each of them speaks their name is succession like so: "WereGarurumon!" "MetalGreymon!" "MetalGarurumon!" "WarGreymon!"

Omegamon is renamed Omnimon as per dub tradition. The audience cheered for his appearance.

Koushiro's delight to see Omegamon is dubbed as Izzy's own special way of expressing delight: "Prodigious!" The audience cheered at this line.

Like in the original, Alphamon Ouryuken and Ouryuken itself are given no verbal descriptor in the dub.

Sora's yelling "Taichi!" and Koushiro's yelling "Yamato-san!" are respectively changed to "Tai! Matt!" and "You guys okay?!" And then Izzy, offscreen, says something about the two of them being okay after all.

Hikari's asking if "Mei-chan" is the name of what Meiko is hold is changed to Kari asking if what Meiko is hold is named "Mei", which Kari claims to have heard Meiko call it. This is an inconsistency since Meiko did not call Meicoomon "Mei" in the dub. She only called her "Meicoomon".

"Ta much" sounds more like "Dun dun" in the dub, and is said by Meiko to be "Meicoomon-speak".

The end credits revealed Ryan Johnston to be the dub voice director, and all of the voice actors we knew about being in this beforehand were credited (except for Todd Haberkorn), and plus one we hadn't heard of being in this before: John Bentley.

Overall, I really enjoyed this, but mostly for the things that were lifted straight from the original (i.e. - the animation, the action, and most definitely the awesome music). The acting was good, the dialogue worked for the most part, and all the returning voices were probably the best they've ever been (Palmon and Gabumon aside). The new voices did their best and some worked while others felt miscast. And the preview for Part 3 was longer than I expected it to be (but I thnk most of the people in the audience hadn't yet seen Part 2, and so were royally spoiled by Part 3's textual recapping of Part 2's events). This was truly a wonderful experience on the whole.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:28 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/thedoctor2016/statu ... 9783135233

For those following the Manga UK releases of the Adventure dub, it looks like Toei gave them the same master Madman used for their DVDs since IIRC, Cinedigm's DVDs didn't have those TV ratings at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
the newest part of Tri was awesome!, the twist ending was quite good
Gennai was actually Ken in Disguise
I'm Really looking forward to the next one although I gotta admit I thought this was the last part XD and I gotta give Toei credit they put more effort into this series then Crystal (although Agumon looks weird from the front when he's looking right at the camera but that's ok)

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
I gotta give Toei credit they put more effort into this series then Crystal

'Ey, now. I thought Season 3 grew the beard in story and animation. Though it helped it was made for TV, not the interwebs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

What effort? Tri's animation still looks like dog crap.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

What effort? Tri's animation still looks like dog crap.

its all a matter of opinion really but I think Tri's artwork looks pretty good (and that's saying something as I don't care for Toei Animation)

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ms/.111152

Quote:
North American media company Shout! Factory and Toei Animation announced on Tuesday that Shout! Factory has acquired the North American broadcast and home entertainment distribution rights to the first three anime films in the six-part Digimon Adventure tri. film series. Shout! Factory plans to release the films with both Japanese and English audio on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, and also digitally through electronic sell-through (EST) distribution.

Shout! Factory said it plans to release the first film, Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 1: Reunion, this year. The company describes the film:

"DIGIMON ADVENTURE tri. — REUNION picks up when the beloved Digimon Adventure 2002 series ended. It's been six years since that summer adventure when Tai (now in high school) and the rest of the “DigiDestined” crossed over to the Digital World, and nearly three years since the frenzied final battles between warring factions. With the gate to the Digital World closed, time continues to pass, until the adventure “digi-volves” once again."

Shout! Factory's release of the first film will include the already-produced English dub that ran in theaters in the United States and Canada last year. Eleven Arts and Toei Animation had screened the English-dubbed version of the film in more than 300 theaters in the United States and Canada on September 15, with more screenings added later in the month.

Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 1: Reunion opened in Japan in November 2015. The second film, Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 2: Determination, opened in Japan on March 12. The third and most recent film, Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 3: Confession, opened in Japan on September 24.

Crunchyroll started streaming all three films on the same day they opened in Japan.

The fourth film in the project, titled Digimon Adventure tri. Sōshitsu (Loss), will open in Japan on February 25. The Digimon Adventure tri. project celebrates the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure (the first entry in the series).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
How come everyone keeps calling the third film "Confession" the extended subtitled preview of it that accompanied the English dub of the first movie specifically translated it as "Confessions"?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/829332094199406593
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/829332145327976448

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT: We will now be working with Shout! Factory on our Digimon Adventure Tri release! This means a new release date of 22/05/17, but also fantastic new bonus content for UK fans! Our sincere apologies for the change.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

BD/DVD/Digital: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSW8VLQ
DVD-only: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSWH6NR

Available on May 16th.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 pm 
Luna
Luna
NJ_ wrote:

BD/DVD/Digital: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSW8VLQ
DVD-only: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSWH6NR

Available on May 16th.

I like that way better then the UK one. Might have to import instead.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
the New chapter of Tri was excellent left me anxious for the next one I haven't been this into Digimon in years

not sure if it was a mistake by Toei or Crunchyroll edited it but if you looked closely when Salamon is Digi-Volving you'll notice on Hikari's Digi-vice it says Gatomon instead of Tailmon

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I cried a lot in it and it was just so sad. I mostly enjoyed it a lot besides the obvious animation errors and
Gennai assaulting Sora and Meiko was gross and not needed. Don't do that in Digimon again Toei
. But at least it seems like most of the fandom on Twitter also thought that scene was gross.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
I cried a lot in it and it was just so sad. I mostly enjoyed it a lot besides the obvious animation errors and
Gennai assaulting Sora and Meiko was gross and not needed. Don't do that in Digimon again Toei
. But at least it seems like most of the fandom on Twitter also thought that scene was gross.

I agree when it comes to
Gennai nearly sexually assaulting Sora
I'm hoping this fool isn't actually Gennai because if it was it would ruin Adventure 1 and 2 for me as I loved Gennai

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
the New chapter of Tri was excellent left me anxious for the next one I haven't been this into Digimon in years

not sure if it was a mistake by Toei or Crunchyroll edited it but if you looked closely when Salamon is Digi-Volving you'll notice on Hikari's Digi-vice it says Gatomon instead of Tailmon
No mistake. Toei for some reason is very selective about which terminology they use for the English-subbed release of tri. They use the Japanese names for the humans, evolutions, levels, and locations, but the English names for (most of) the digimon, the attacks, the groups (i.e. - "Four Holy Beasts" got subbed as "4 Sovereigns"), and Yggdrasil (albeit misspelled as "Ygdrasil").

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sabrblade wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

No mistake. Toei for some reason is very selective about which terminology they use for the English-subbed release of tri. They use the Japanese names for the humans, evolutions, levels, and locations, but the English names for (most of) the digimon, the attacks, the groups (i.e. - "Four Holy Beasts" got subbed as "4 Sovereigns"), and Yggdrasil (albeit misspelled as "Ygdrasil").

thanks for clearing that up Sabrblade that was bugging me for some strange reason lol

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:51 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

thanks for clearing that up Sabrblade that was bugging me for some strange reason lol
Although, with their subbing Hououmon as "Phoenixmon" in this latest one, while that is her Bandai of America name, it's inconsistent with the old English dub of Adventure-Frontier, which did keep her name as "Hououmon" (in Tamers).

Then again, not like the old English dub was all that consistent with its own names.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sabrblade wrote:
Although, with their subbing Hououmon as "Phoenixmon" in this latest one, while that is her Bandai of America name, it's inconsistent with the old English dub of Adventure-Frontier, which did keep her name as "Hououmon" (in Tamers).

Then again, not like the old English dub was all that consistent with its own names.

lol that's true but it is odd when characters especially in Tri's sub call the digimon by their Japanese name yet their name is listed by their dub name for example
Tailmon was listed on Hikari's digi-vice as Gatomon yet Hikari can clearly be heard calling her Tailmon

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:01 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

lol that's true but it is odd when characters especially in Tri's sub call the digimon by their Japanese name yet their name is listed by their dub name for example
Tailmon was listed on Hikari's digi-vice as Gatomon yet Hikari can clearly be heard calling her Tailmon
Moreso when you hear Sora say "Pyokomon" and yet the subs say "Yokomon", as they're so similar the subs kinda subconsciously trick you into mishearing "Pyokomon" as "Yokomon".

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sabrblade wrote:
Moreso when you hear Sora say "Pyokomon" and yet the subs say "Yokomon", as they're so similar the subs kinda subconsciously trick you into mishearing "Pyokomon" as "Yokomon".

heh that one actually slipped by me XD

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:36 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

http://withthewill.net/threads/17289-tr ... es-in-2017

Quote:
DIGIMON ADVENTURE Tri. – REUNION contains the following special features:
New interviews with director and members of the English voice cast
Inside look at the Los Angeles movie premiere

Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Toei Animation, will continue to present new movie installments from the DIGIMON ADVENTURE Tri. feature film series on North American home entertainment shelves in 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:31 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
As awesome as the dub script for that movie was, the new voices for the characters who didn't get back their originals just simply do not match how those characters are supposed to sound (save for Greymon and Kari, their new voices were close enough matches).

Vic's portrayal of Matt is less Matt and more Christopher.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:01 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I dunno. With the original dub, the voice actors were a bit... hokey in retrospect. I mean, the voices fit but I can't say that the acting did it for me looking back.

I suppose this is a case where the new guys act better but don't quite sound the part. A conundrum I'll admit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
matt0044 wrote:
I dunno. With the original dub, the voice actors were a bit... hokey in retrospect. I mean, the voices fit but I can't say that the acting did it for me looking back.

I suppose this is a case where the new guys act better but don't quite sound the part. A conundrum I'll admit.
Yeah, I'm referring to just the sound of their voices rather than their acting quality.

Vic could be the greatest actor in the universe, but his voice still wouldn't sound like Matt. :P

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next