Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introductions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: Makoto is my waifu ❤
litacan wrote:
hello there..i was stalking this forum for a long time,then finally i decided to sign up and post something :) it's nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:58 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
litacan wrote:
hello there..i was stalking this forum for a long time,then finally i decided to sign up and post something :) it's nice to meet you all.

And it's taken you a week to post on this thread. :lol:

Welcome here, litacan! :keke:

And my welcome to Kitti too! :cookie: (@Kitti: BTW, pls use the default black color in your posts - the other font colors are only for highlighting certain words in posts. :wink: )

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:42 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Ancient spirit
Hello! Just landed here and I think it is proper to introduce myself as a beginning. :)

First I'm really glad I found this place. It is a pity I haven't found it earlier.

Here is some basic info about me, if someone is interested to know something else about me, I'm opened for questions :)

Name: Blagovest B. Blaogev (or just Blago)
Date of Birth: October, 15, 1984 (current age 32)
Astrological Sign: Libra (Capricorn rising)
Blood Type: 0+
Favorite Color: Yellow
Hobbies: Reading (and sometimes writing), anime, sci fi, transportation, tango, aikido, listening music (and sometimes playing)
Favorite Foods: All types of fast food
Least Favorite Foods: peppers, bananas, melons, fish (except sushi, love sushi!!!)
Favorite drinks: Coke, Tea, Schweppes Bitter lemon, light beer
Least favorite drinks: hard alcohol (no matter the type)
Best Subject: most with some minor exceptions (art being a notable exception)
Weak Point: people...
Special Skill: Fast thinking and broad knowledge
Dream: personal scale - to study urban planning abroad and possibly becoming urban planning consultant; global scale - to bring major change in the world for the better
Favorite Number: 5
Marriage Status: single
Religious Alignment: agnostic, spiritual yet not religious
Favorite Senshi: Mercury, Saturn, Moon;
Favorite season: S

Some additional stuff: I'm born and live in Bulgaria. Have a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, specialized in transportation. Hope to attend gradschool in the US, starting August, majoring Urban planning. Spent one year volunteering in Sweden and fell in love with the country (and Stockholm in particular). Love to travel, and provided the opportunity would leave no place on Earth (and if possible - beyond) unvisited.

Watched SM for the first time in the now distant 1998, German dub on RTL2. It wasn't my first anime show, yet it was the one that made me to actually start defining myself as "anime fan".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:20 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Moonlight_wanderer wrote:
Hello! Just landed here and I think it is proper to introduce myself as a beginning. :)

First I'm really glad I found this place. It is a pity I haven't found it earlier.

Here is some basic info about me, if someone is interested to know something else about me, I'm opened for questions :)

Hobbies: Reading (and sometimes writing), anime, sci fi, transportation, tango, aikido, listening music (and sometimes playing)
Least Favorite Foods: peppers, bananas, melons, fish (except sushi, love sushi!!!)
Dream: personal scale - to study urban planning abroad and possibly becoming urban planning consultant; global scale - to bring major change in the world for the better

Some additional stuff: I'm born and live in Bulgaria. Have a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, specialized in transportation. Hope to attend gradschool in the US, starting August, majoring Urban planning. Spent one year volunteering in Sweden and fell in love with the country (and Stockholm in particular). Love to travel, and provided the opportunity would leave no place on Earth (and if possible - beyond) unvisited.

Watched SM for the first time in the now distant 1998, German dub on RTL2. It wasn't my first anime show, yet it was the one that made me to actually start defining myself as "anime fan".

Greetings and welcome!

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: just forum married

Very detailed,nice introduction.Welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Welcome to the forum Moonlight_wanderer! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Maybe you could combine the dreams in both scales? :wink:

Welcome here, Blago! :keke:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:30 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Thank you so much for this warm welcome!
You really made my day, guys! :)

Rika-Chicchi - About dreams - the "personal" is one of the many steps towards the "global" one. So they are combined. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!

welcome to the site gotta admit I've never seen an intro quite like yours lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:33 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Thank you very much! :)

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Did I say something wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I think he was complimenting your intro. :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:10 pm 
Stella
Stella
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I think he was complimenting your intro. :wink:

indeed I was actually XD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:19 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: Mysterious2098Face
Thank you very much! :)

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

actually it's more like we're impressed :ohmy: welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy

Hello there, Moonlight_wanderer! Welcome to the forum! Nice intro, if I do say so myself.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:27 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
*bows deeply*

Thank you all!
This was the warmest welcome ever!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Other: The Rei-volution
Name is Red, I am 32.

My introduction to Sailor Moon is kinda interesting, and funny.

When Sailor Moon was out, it was kind of a "my little sister likes that" thing I didn't really care about. Years later when anime became big, I did like stuff like DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc. But I never really thought about Sailor Moon. I lost interest in anime at some point during college.

10-15 years after that (last year), two people introduced me to a show called Akazukin Chacha (which I like a lot, in fact I like the characters a lot better than Sailor Moon). I noticed that Akazukin Chacha, when transformed into "Magical Princess" form, had a "Sailor Moon costume".

So I asked my sister (now in her late 20s) if she used to watch Sailor Moon, since I remember her liking it. She told me it was a thing all the girls watched every morning at 6:30 before they left for school. I showed her the Akazukin Chacha transformation, since she was wearing a "Sailor Moon costume". She told me the transformation sequence was "similar", but that it was not a "Sailor Moon costume", but the Japanese school uniform. Unfortunately she said she was too young to remember details of the show, other than that Sailor Venus was her favorite character.

I started watching Sailor Moon (the Viz dubs and some of the subs on Hulu). I am at S, have seen a few of the subtitled versions released after the Blu-Ray (just after Chibiusa returns, but no unicorns or Sailor Saturn yet). I have also seen the dubbed first two seasons of Crystal. I know little about the American versions (obviously) but from what I have seen on YouTube and elsewhere, I do prefer the Viz voice actors, though I like the reverb and sound effects that the American versions have.

My opinion on Crystal is that it's "a more serious show for adults" than "a fun show for everyone". Not better or worse, just different.

My favorite character is Sailor Mars, actually Rei Hino as I can personally relate to the character, plus she's the sexiest :) (No, I'm not interested in hentai.)

After watching Akazukin Chacha and part of Sailor Moon, I came to have an interest in magical girl shows, as I said I like Akazukin Chacha's characters better than Sailor Moon. I feel the same way about Wedding Peach, as I love the spiritual themes a lot better than the superhero themes of Sailor Moon. Could never get into Pretty Cure as it seemed more of a kids' show. I am taking a break from watching Sailor Moon as I watch Nanoha, have seen the first series already and have started to watch A.

I just bought the Sailor Moon manga box set too, came in the mail today.

I know I have a lot to learn, including a lot more characters and story arcs (so far I like the Black Moon arc the best).

What do you think of my story?

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Chibicommander-in-Chibief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:25 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
redblade7 wrote:
Name is Red, I am 32.

When Sailor Moon was out, it was kind of a "my little sister likes that" thing I didn't really care about. Years later when anime became big, I did like stuff like DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc. But I never really thought about Sailor Moon. I lost interest in anime at some point during college.

10-15 years after that (last year), two people introduced me to a show called Akazukin Chacha (which I like a lot, in fact I like the characters a lot better than Sailor Moon). I noticed that Akazukin Chacha, when transformed into "Magical Princess" form, had a "Sailor Moon costume".

So I asked my sister (now in her late 20s) if she used to watch Sailor Moon, since I remember her liking it. She told me it was a thing all the girls watched every morning at 6:30 before they left for school. I showed her the Akazukin Chacha transformation, since she was wearing a "Sailor Moon costume". She told me the transformation sequence was "similar", but that it was not a "Sailor Moon costume", but the Japanese school uniform. Unfortunately she said she was too young to remember details of the show, other than that Sailor Venus was her favorite character.

I started watching Sailor Moon (the Viz dubs and some of the subs on Hulu). I am at S, have seen a few of the subtitled versions released after the Blu-Ray (just after Chibiusa returns, but no unicorns or Sailor Saturn yet). I have also seen the dubbed first two seasons of Crystal. I know little about the American versions (obviously) but from what I have seen on YouTube and elsewhere, I do prefer the Viz voice actors, though I like the reverb and sound effects that the American versions have.

My opinion on Crystal is that it's "a more serious show for adults" than "a fun show for everyone". Not better or worse, just different.

My favorite character is Sailor Mars, actually Rei Hino as I can personally relate to the character, plus she's the sexiest :) (No, I'm not interested in hentai.)

After watching Akazukin Chacha and part of Sailor Moon, I came to have an interest in magical girl shows, as I said I like Akazukin Chacha's characters better than Sailor Moon. I feel the same way about Wedding Peach, as I love the spiritual themes a lot better than the superhero themes of Sailor Moon. Could never get into Pretty Cure as it seemed more of a kids' show. I am taking a break from watching Sailor Moon as I watch Nanoha, have seen the first series already and have started to watch A.

I know I have a lot to learn, including a lot more characters and story arcs (so far I like the Black Moon arc the best).

I think it's awfully nice! Welcome aboard, and we hope you enjoy more of the series!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
redblade7 wrote:
[introduction...]

And i thought that i become a moonie really late (just 4 years ago.). Funny thing is that your story is almost similar to mine, except that my sister, that watched the show long ago, remembers the show and REALLY hates Sailor Moon for some reason lol
BTW nice introduction, Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:49 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
redblade7 wrote:
introduction

I enjoyed your story,welcome to the forum :happy:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:37 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Hi everyone i'm Nguyen Viet Thai, 21 years old boy and I am from Viet Nam
I have watched Sailor Moon since i since i was a kid study at primary school. And watching our country dub version and manga along with some other show like Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh.
My favorite senshi is: Saturn, Pluto, Venus
Actually i have joined the forum for a short time, i remain quiet and strolling around forum but now i think i should have a proper introduction
Thank to everyone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:20 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
vietthai96 wrote:
I have watched Sailor Moon since i since i was a kid study at primary school. And watching our country dub version and manga along with some other show like Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Actually i have joined the forum for a short time, i remain quiet and strolling around forum but now i think i should have a proper introduction
Thank to everyone

Welcome to the forum! :happy:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
redblade7 wrote:
10-15 years after that (last year), two people introduced me to a show called Akazukin Chacha (which I like a lot, in fact I like the characters a lot better than Sailor Moon).

I also like that show & its characters (as well as their designs). :)

Welcome here, Red! :keke:

And my welcome to Nguyen Viet Thai too! :cookie:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:30 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
vietthai96 wrote:
Thank to everyone

I remained quiet at first,too,but now i constantly post something
Welcome to the forum :happy:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:54 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
vietthai96 wrote:
Thank to everyone

Hey and welcome! There's plenty to do around here, so take some good time!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 pm 
Stella
Stella
vietthai96 wrote:
Thank to everyone

welcome :) :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Other: Ragamuffin Webcoder
Hello everyone, I'm Jamie! My profile has more info on me, but tl;dr I signed up after seeing that this forum was still active! I was looking for Lycenta's SM Sprites for a web layout haha
Not many older forums have made it out this long, and for being through so many older SM forums, I'm really happy to find this community! =^_^=

I mostly just code websites or draw in my spare time, and I love Sailor Moon to the moon and back. When Crystal came out, I went on a frenzy just to get friends to watch it :love: I'm super excited for when they get to the Stars arc!

Anyway, blah blah, yadda yadda. It's a pleasure to meet you all! :happy: I hope to be pretty active, as much as college will allow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:58 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
SeiyaMayu wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm Jamie! My profile has more info on me, but tl;dr I signed up after seeing that this forum was still active! I was looking for Lycenta's SM Sprites for a web layout haha
Not many older forums have made it out this long, and for being through so many older SM forums, I'm really happy to find this community! =^_^=

I mostly just code websites or draw in my spare time, and I love Sailor Moon to the moon and back. When Crystal came out, I went on a frenzy just to get friends to watch it :love: I'm super excited for when they get to the Stars arc!

Anyway, blah blah, yadda yadda. It's a pleasure to meet you all! :happy: I hope to be pretty active, as much as college will allow.

Welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
SeiyaMayu wrote:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:39 am 
Stella
Stella
redblade7 wrote:
Name is Red, I am 32.

welcome and nice story :)

SeiyaMayu wrote:

welcome to the site :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
SeiyaMayu wrote:

Hello Jamie! Welcome to the forum. I love your introduction, it's very nice. It truly is a pleasure to meet you.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next