Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Continuing Power Rangers discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Continuing off from the derailment of this thread.

SailorDonut wrote:
You know, I remember hearing Trini talking about Richie all the time, but I don't remember his role as a red herring at all XD I'm pretty vague on pre-Time Force PR, lol. I was all about it in fourth grade, though.
His moments mostly consisted of "Hi, I'm here. I just did or am going to do something off screen. See ya later. I exist, BTW." :tongue:

But, by the time Tommy revealed as the White Ranger, he stopped appearing as often and disappeared once Thuy Trang left the show for good.

Same thing with Curtis. After Walter Jones left the set, so did Curtis. Though, looking the character, I just found out that Curtis' actor dubbed Zack's morphed lines for the episodes Zack still appeared in prior to "The Power Transfer, Part 2" after Walter Jones' departure (while the actors may have left, their characters remain for a little longer, so they used body doubles and stock footage of the teens for unmorphed scenes, and soundalikes and recycled dialogue for the morphed scenes).

And, to further interconnect this thread with the previous one, I'll repost my last post from there (minus the last bit):
aDam wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
aDam wrote:
I think when he showed up wearing white I figured it out, but wasn't sure until it happened.
Well, he didn't start wearing white until after got the white powers. After he lost his green powers, he left town for a while to go visit his uncle at a lake cabin. He came back full time in his debut as the White Ranger. Until, then, however, Richie and Curtis served as possible candidates for the audience to guess as the White Ranger.

I must be misremembering. I guess it was when he was teleported away from the beach that was my first clue now that I think about it.
His teleport beam was colored green, though, and it looked as though Zedd had been the one who took him instead of Zordon, since Zedd was talking about bringing Tommy back to the side of evil just minutes before Tommy was taken.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

Post subject: Re: Continuing Power Rangers discussion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I hated Richie and Curtis so much. I was glad they weren't the new rangers.

Then Rocky was the new red ranger and he was the absolute worst!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
As a total aside to this line of discussion, I'm curious to know how many of you had, if not have, the Power Ranger ditty as your ringtone.

I passed by a guy in the store today and his went off. As I walked by, I smiled and said "It's Mighty Morphin' Power Time!".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
aDam wrote:
Uhh... how? :?

He was just an average guy. He wasn't the leader since Tommy was. He just took an open position that was no longer anything that special ever since the White Ranger came in and took the leader role.

Though, he did get a little nutty in that one Pachinko machine episode in which he and everyone else kept saying the word "fun" every five minutes. Made for a good drinking game episode. :booze:

He was also a decent Blue Ranger in Zeo.

Cutiebunny wrote:
As a total aside to this line of discussion, I'm curious to know how many of you had, if not have, the Power Ranger ditty as your ringtone.

I passed by a guy in the store today and his went off. As I walked by, I smiled and said "It's Mighty Morphin' Power Time!".
I got the original wrist communicator sound as my message tone.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:11 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Might as well make some use out of this thread since we're still waiting for post-Zordon era DVDs (& separate post-MMPR DVDs for others).

From Brian Ward at Rangerboard

BWard wrote:
Here goes...

Yesterday, I did, in fact, post to Twitter that you guys should be ready for my coming back into the fold. As expected, though welcome, TONS of speculation was thrown about. Fair enough. But I come bearing a warning.

There are NO immediate plans for another Power Rangers box set. *Gasp!* *Shudder!*

Calm down. I'll explain. A few folks have pointed out that it's not quite time for another set, yet. And that's partially true. Others have pointed out that I merely said I was going to be looking for advice. And that's VERY true. So I've come to explain my upcoming dilemma.

There's no doubt that we'll end up doing more Power Rangers sets. After all, we did license 17 seasons worth and the S1-7 box has sold very well, so doing another set is inevitable. But we're not fully ready to begin discussing any kind of configuration. I've said this before and it still holds true. We have no idea if we'll continue in larger collections or if we'll continue with single seasons. And other than a few casual conversations, we've not really had much of an opportunity to discuss the various options, yet. Simply because it's just not time. It'll happen. Don't you worry. Just not quite yet.

So why am I here asking for advice?

I've recently been informed that I've got another really big project being given to me. It's not Saban-related, but I am very excited about it and I think a lot of other people will be, too. However, I have NO desire to give Power Rangers to another producer. And I have NO desire to make this next set--in whatever configuration it may be--anything less grand than what you've already been given. And if I can make it any better, I'd absolutely welcome the opportunity and challenge.

But I warn you that when this other project kicks off (on top of all my other projects), I won't be able to devote nearly every waking moment to the next Power Rangers set, as I once did. Therefore, I want to make the effort to get cracking early. I want to have as much work as humanly possible done ahead of time so that when the time comes and the decisions are made, I'm already ahead enough that I won't be scurrying around trying to find stuff.

So forget the seasons. We don't know what we're making next. Could be one season. Could be three seasons. Could be four seasons. Or five. Or all of 'em. Who knows? Just create a dream list of anything you can think of for the remaining seasons, so that when we know what it is we're working on, I'm most likely already a step or two ahead. Maybe even more.

Make sense? I'll check out what you already have on the Google doc soon.

Thanks, gang!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
aDam wrote:
Uhh... how? :?

He was just an average guy. He wasn't the leader since Tommy was. He just took an open position that was no longer anything that special ever since the White Ranger came in and took the leader role.

Though, he did get a little nutty in that one Pachinko machine episode in which he and everyone else kept saying the word "fun" every five minutes. Made for a good drinking game episode. :booze:

He was also a decent Blue Ranger in Zeo.

So then how the heck did Rocky suddenly lose all his focus and get busted-up in Turbo (in-universe, of course, since I know that his actor was ready to quit by then)? I mean, he was a pretty well-adusted Ranger for three seasons and didn't seem like the kind of guy who would lose it like he did. Granted, he nearly gave King Mondo the world on a silver platter once, but you try living in Tommy's overexalted shadow without making some attempt to prove yourself as able to get out of it.

Also, Justin was the worst Ranger bar-none. Having Rocky lose his spot to "The Scrappy" was just adding insult to injury.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Maetch wrote:
So then how the heck did Rocky suddenly lose all his focus and get busted-up in Turbo (in-universe, of course, since I know that his actor was ready to quit by then)? I mean, he was a pretty well-adusted Ranger for three seasons and didn't seem like the kind of guy who would lose it like he did. Granted, he nearly gave King Mondo the world on a silver platter once, but you try living in Tommy's overexalted shadow without making some attempt to prove yourself as able to get out of it.
Accidents happen. As for how, poor writing, perhaps? This is Turbo we're talking about here. ;)

They needed his character axed, so they wrote him out, whether it was done well or not. :P

Maetch wrote:
Also, Justin was the worst Ranger bar-none. Having Rocky lose his spot to "The Scrappy" was just adding insult to injury.
According to Linkara, Justin wasn't as bad as people make him out to be, in that he was mostly bad only in concept. In execution, however, he was just okay. As Linkara put it, it's not that Justin was a Gary Stu, but rather that he seemed to be the only one the writers bothered to write with any bit of competence. Instead of making all the characters look well rounded and as equally as good as each other, they made everyone else look dumber, making Justin look better only by default as a side-effect. :| :roll:

At least he was legitimately decent in the "True Blue to the Rescue" Space episode.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Cutiebunny wrote:

My sister's text tone is the noise their communicators make when Zordon pages them XD

Justin is to me like Sailor Luna, except that I like Sailor Luna better. P-:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:54 am 
inactive
Well I would say Justin is one of the worse rangers cause realy a kid morphs and he grows like the heck is that.now Turbo was kinda boring in the begining but when TJ Cassie Carlos and Ashley got in then it got more interested and I did enjoy it more after rewatching the series with the DVD releases.When I get txt messages its the communicator beep so I always love to hear it.

Now rocky his character was ok but wasnt really a well rounded red ranger when you compare him to Jason.Like even after he was red he didnt do alot till like zeo as the blue ranger.But the actor from what my friend has told me is a down to earth guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
dekablue25 wrote:
Well I would say Justin is one of the worse rangers cause realy a kid morphs and he grows like the heck is that.
Didn't the same happen with Kibaranger in Dairanger? They did the kid Ranger concept first. :tongue:

dekablue25 wrote:
Now rocky his character was ok but wasnt really a well rounded red ranger when you compare him to Jason.Like even after he was red he didnt do alot till like zeo as the blue ranger.But the actor from what my friend has told me is a down to earth guy.
Well, obviously he wouldn't be as good as Jason since Jason was the popular one before Tommy came along. Then both Jason and Tommy (or just Jason since Tommy would lose his powers twice) held the spotlight until Jason left and Rocky replaced him. But by then, they were milking Tommy's popularity so much that they didn't bother to make Rocky or even Adam stand out as anything special. Tommy was the star, while Rocky and Adam were just the new guys to fill in the empty spots on the team. Thus, the two were just ordinary guys instead of anything that great like Tommy or anything that interesting like Billy or Aisha. They weren't "bad", they were just "underutilized".

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm 
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
But by then, they were milking Tommy's popularity so much that they didn't bother to make Rocky or even Adam stand out as anything special. Tommy was the star, while Rocky and Adam were just the new guys to fill in the empty spots on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MMPRS2 = "The Tommy Oliver Story Featuring the Power Rangers"

-- Linkara, April 3, 2010

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
From Brian Ward:

BWard wrote:
Okay, let's try this again.

There is a lot of good information here. A lot of good places to start. Want to address a couple of issues to help, possibly, ground some expectations.

Deleted Scenes
These are doable, but really only if they're already compiled. I won't have any resources or money to do an extensive search through dailies to try to find cutting room floor material. But if you can point me in the directions of who might have these, I might be able to get it cleared by Saban. This includes cast members. If there are scenes with performers who didn't make the final cut, these might not make it as they have to sign off, as well.

Promos and Other On-Air Marketing Material
Believe or not, network promos are created by the networks and are, therefore, the property of the networks. They're also nearly impossible to find, simply sue to the fact that networks aren't nearly the archivists you hope they are. If I'm going to have network promos as bonus material, the masters will inevitably have to come from you and I'll have to get it not only cleared by Saban, but also by the networks themselves. If they're not on the upcoming sets, you'll know it had something to do with one of these three hurdles.

PSAs
Certainly doable, if I can find masters and get them approved.

Behind the Scenes EPKs and Specials
Like most everything else, this will depend on whether the masters are available and cleared for use. If it's a special revolving around either of the theatrical films, it's owned by 20th Century Fox and can be tricky. If it's a foreign EPK or featurette, it may involve licensing. This can also be tricky, depending on how old it is. Masters may not be around.

Previous DVD Material
This may also be tough, though I'll certainly go digging. If created for Disney's DVDs, Saban may not own this material. I'll have to find suitable masters and get them cleared. May also need a licensing fee. If you guys have copies of these DVD featurettes, it would make things that much easier.

Misc.
The ride footage is really difficult, as it requires the sign off of the partners. If it's IMAX, having dealt with them before, they usually don't even respond to requests. It's tough, but not 100% out of the question.

Audition Footage can only be used if it's the cast member who was hired and only if they sign off on it. Auditions are usually for very private use and are never really intended for public consumption. Very few actors are thrilled about you seeing their auditions.

We're still looking for the Bioman pilot. Thought we had it, but alas, it's what you see as an Easter egg on the MMPR set. Maybe we can find it.

Additional interviews will be shot from all over the world. Due to availability, talent wishes and budgetary constraints, I can't promise everyone. But I'd love to have as many cast and crew members represented as possible. I certainly have a list of folks I specifically want to talk with, but am definitely down for hearing your suggestions.

This obviously isn't everything, but it's a little taste of what can and can't go onto the upcoming sets and why or why not. Hope it gives a little insight. Please keep the suggestions coming!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 am 
inactive
Well even now tommy fans go crazy for him.At NYCC this year when jason david frank showed up there were lines and lines for just him alone.The guy is very nice to his fans and JDF did say that he was originally only gonna be in a certain amount of episodes but the fandom loved him so his milking of character was for that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
sometimes i wish i was in Japan with the Super Sentai(like my username suggests.im a Sentai fan) but alas i don't know Japanese due to its 3 official writing systems(plus Romanji is used in Japan on occasions so its almost 4) so im stuck.like most people i grew up with Power Rangers.i was attached to it due to the teleportation,costumes and effects.since i discovered Super Sentai.i fell in love.Power Rangers is just a childish imitation/adaption of a long Japanese Tokusatsu franchise.why would i want a copycat when i can have the real thing?its a issue to me because i don't care if people like power rangers.what i do care is that there are no English subb Goranger and Denjiman DVDs in the U.S and theres hardly any fansubbs of it either.either power rangers should end for being a awful franchise or somebody should release English subbed Sentai(or maybe even English dubb alas Bioman of the Philippines

my two cents.i apologize if i supposedly offended anyone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am 
inactive
see your saying its a childish franchise yet you yourself watched it as a kid and loved it for that.you also forget its not really a copy its more of westernized for the states almost the same with dubbing anime.power rangers majority of their seasons have their own storyline instead of copying it like the sentai counterpart does.do know that Ohranger bombed in japan and in america we actually made it good same went for gingaman that thing did horrible and we made lost galaxy good and some fans loved it.if you want the franchise to end you might as well say power rangers should not exist then.for you wanting fansubs of the prezyu era do know people have to find the tapes or spend around 60+ to import the dvds just to sub them when you do the math thats about 400+ to get dvds from japan without the shipping costs.if you would shell out the money and donate it to sub groups they will sub it but as of now just be patient and sooner or later someone will sub those in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Speaking of Ohranger, while watching my Zeo DVDs, I've noticed that, for a good majority of the episopdes, there's barely any Ohranger footage used outside the Megazord fights and the Machine Empire HQ scenes. Meaning that so many ground fights between the Rangers and the Cogs and/or monsters were all American-shot fights, minus one or two Ohranger shots of the Rangers/Cogs/monsters firing one or two attacks at their opponents.

Why, the entire "Who is the Gold Ranger?" arc had every ground fight he was in be almost entirely American-made. I've honestly seen very little Ohranger footage of the Gold Ranger/King Ranger outside of his scenes piloting Pyramidas/King Pyramider.

Though, speaking of that arc, I noticed something that recalls what I said about the White Ranger's big reveal back in season 2. Remember when I mentioned how the White Ranger had two red herrings (Richie and Curtis)? Well, it looks like the Gold Ranger had at least three (maybe even FOUR) red harrings: Billy, David, SKULL, and possibly Raymond.

Billy's hintings were obvious, how he'd always disappear to somewhere else before the Gold Ranger would show up and not come back until after the Gold Ranger left.

David also did something similar in one episode: Disappearing away from the others in one instant, the Ranger get called in to fight the enemy, the Gold Ranger shows up to help, they win, David reappears later with the others saying that he had something to take care of. Not to mention how he both knew martial arts and knew the Rangers identities.

Believe it or not, even Skull pulled this same trick as the others once. He and Bulk were digging for gold in a mine, when a cave-in started to happen and the two got separated. Bulk got out of the cave only to find Skull missing. Just then, the Gold Ranger showed up right behind him to make sure Bulk was okay. Then near to the end of the episode, after the monster fight, Bulk was still wandering around looking for Skull when he saw the Gold Ranger standing in front of him off in the distance. He rubbed his eyes a few times but sure enough, the Gold Ranger was still there. He then rubbed eyes one more time and the Gold Ranger was gone and not far away was Skull, walking towards Bulk. When asked by Bulk where he was, Skull hesitantly replied that he needed some air.

Now, unlike the others, Raymond didn't pull this disappearing stunt that the others pulled, but the reason I include him as a possible red herring is because he started hanging out with the Ranger teens more often during this arc as though he had become part of their inner circle of friends. Granted, he wasn't as obvious a red herring as the others since he never showed signs of fighting skills, but neither did Skull, and Raymond still wasn't around whenever the Gold Ranger showed up. He just didn't vanish from the others (his situations had the Rangers leaving him instead).

And then, when it's finally revealed who the Gold Ranger is, it's... someone we've never seen before. Trey, Lord of Triforia. :roll:

And then when he has to pass the powers onto someone else, I get why Billy wasn't a match, and I get why they went with Jason, but I don't like how they did it. I mean, from an in-fiction standpoint, why Jason? Just one episode ago, it was like he was never there. He's just suddenly back in the story like he never left or something. Why not Tommy's brother, David? Like I said, he knew martial arts, he knew who the Rangers were, and he was starting to hang out with them all more often. He had all the perfect set up to be the Gold Ranger, while Jason's return came completely out of left field.

And when Jason takes off his sunglasses to reveal who he was, why does EVERYONE in the Power Chamber smile at him with a sense of familiarity? Kat and Tanya especially shouldn't be feeling so comfortable around him since they never even met the guy. And Rocky and Adam were barely ever in the same room as Jason, when the only times they were had Jason portrayed by either stock footage or a body/voice double! The only Rangers who should be feeling that much thrill to see Jason in their presence are Tommy and Billy, who have known Jason since season 1! :eek:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm 
inactive
dekablue25 wrote:
see your saying its a childish franchise yet you yourself watched it as a kid and loved it for that.you also forget its not really a copy its more of westernized for the states almost the same with dubbing anime.power rangers majority of their seasons have their own storyline instead of copying it like the sentai counterpart does.do know that Ohranger bombed in japan and in america we actually made it good same went for gingaman that thing did horrible and we made lost galaxy good and some fans loved it.if you want the franchise to end you might as well say power rangers should not exist then.for you wanting fansubs of the prezyu era do know people have to find the tapes or spend around 60+ to import the dvds just to sub them when you do the math thats about 400+ to get dvds from japan without the shipping costs.if you would shell out the money and donate it to sub groups they will sub it but as of now just be patient and sooner or later someone will sub those in the future.

Ohranger bombed in Japan because of its theme.a invading alien machine group known as Baranoia threatning to take over earth and enslave its population.a few weeks after Ohranger aired,the infamous Tokyo Subway attack started by a crazy cult caused fear and paranoia.since then Toei toned down Ohrangers plot.this made viewers angry because Toei promised the fans that a Sentai series with a dark and deep them(darker and deeper than usual Sentai series which the average pre-zyuranger sentai make PRiS the darkest PR series look like My LIttle Pony).so Ohranger was a bad choice to choose.PR Zeo had bad ratings cause the producers of Power Rangers Zeo wanted to make a movie but they didn't have enough money to do so because PR Zeo didn't get enough ratings to the point where making a movie is possible.besides you should know that theres a difference between a show being aimed at a specific audience and a show with a setting.i love sentai because the setting of sentai feels very Ancient Greek theatre esque.Super Sentai usually has that except for some campy ones like Carranger and Go-onger.Super Sentai is also aimed for all ages or for kids usually depending on whos watching a Sentai series(i finished all of Liveman and Liveman is very dark in its setting).the setting of power rangers is extremely mediocre annoying unninteligent just plain stupid.you can like it i don't care but i am still patiently waiting for more fansubbs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:22 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Shurikenger101 wrote:
(darker and deeper than usual Sentai series which the average pre-zyuranger sentai make PRiS the darkest PR series look like My LIttle Pony).
Um, RPM was the darkest PR series, by far. Not In Space.

Shurikenger101 wrote:
the setting of power rangers is extremely mediocre annoying unninteligent just plain stupid.you can like it i don't care but i am still patiently waiting for more fansubbs
You're comparing apples to oranges here. Super Sentai and Power Rangers are made with two entirely different mindsets, goals, and audiences. The latter of which does make a difference since the Japanese have drastically different standards of what they let their children view than Americans do. Power Rangers simply cannot be made to the same extent of edginess as Super Sentai because the U.S. has higher standards of what is deemed suitable for children. And children are the target audience because they're the ones who the very concept of Power Rangers appeals to the most. Most teens and adults shy away from the colorful five-man costumed superhero genre aside from the comic book geek crowd, who usually only find such appeal beginning in their childhood.

The closest a PR series has come to resembling the intensity and mature nature of a Super Sentai series was with RPM, but that one got screwed over by the network and barely got viewed outside of the diehard fanbase.

And, fyi, according to TVTropes, "Power Rangers is also hugely popular in Japan with several seasons." Other reports claim that certain series like In Space and Lost Galaxy were praised in Japan as being superior to their Sentai counterparts, Megaranger and Gingaman, respectively.

You don't like Power Rangers. That's fine. No one's forcing you to. But that doesn't mean we have to dislike it too. I myself see an ENORMOUS amount of flaws in the show, yet I still find enjoyment in it, even if a lot of it is either nostalgia, guilty pleasure endearment, or "so bad it's good" content. The last thing this show's trying to be is Grade A quality television for adults (though, it seemed to have come close to trying to be a few times, but always knew when to keep within its boundaries). It's a harmless show for children and that's what it's meant to be. It just also happens to be the most successful and longest-running live action kids show, which can only be considered a plus.

And, really, if you're trying to defend Super Sentai as being anything more than a superhero action show that would only appeal to those who like that genre, then you're raising it upon a pedestal far higher than it can stand. :P

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:54 am 
inactive
@Sabrblade:don't blame the culture views on what is seen appropriate.blame liberalism,blame feminazis,blame soccer moms etc.normal human children hardly/rarely copy what they see on tv and it happens in other places too like decades ago one kid in Japan died from copying a stunt from Gekko Kamen.Gekko Kamen's popularity went down hill cause of it.in the U.S its different.its exaggerations and red herrings from more serious issues like illegal immigration and murder rates?.Poland and Slovakia don't exaggerate as much on whats on tv and those 2 nations are filled with religious people so don't bring up religion(you probably plan on doing it lol).sighs.who said i was forcing you to hate Power Rangers?the setting,the environment and so on is a turn off for me.its like watching a TV-Y7 version of Degrassi .plus Sentai dvds are hard to find because Power Rangers is much more easier to find even though most people that watched power rangers when they were kids realized that the scripting is terrible and it wasn't as fun as it seems.Sentai has that timeless for all ages charm despite many dark Sentai series are aimed for a young audience.RPM is still no where near as dark or adult in setting as any Sentai series

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Shurikenger101 wrote:
@Sabrblade:don't blame the culture views on what is seen appropriate.blame liberalism,blame feminazis,blame soccer moms etc.
A LOT of that does pertain to the differences in culture, dude. ;)

Shurikenger101 wrote:
normal human children hardly/rarely copy what they see on tv and it happens in other places too like decades ago one kid in Japan died from copying a stunt from Gekko Kamen.Gekko Kamen's popularity went down hill cause of it.
You say it rarely happens yet you acknowledge that is does. The fact that it does happen, not how often it happens, is what matters. :P

Shurikenger101 wrote:
in the U.S its different.its exaggerations and red herrings from more serious issues like illegal immigration and murder rates?.Poland and Slovakia don't exaggerate as much on whats on tv and those 2 nations are filled with religious people so don't bring up religion(you probably plan on doing it lol).
Wasn't gonna (I like being on this board). :)

Shurikenger101 wrote:
sighs.who said i was forcing you to hate Power Rangers?the setting,the environment and so on is a turn off for me.its like watching a TV-Y7 version of Degrassi .
Los Angeles and New Zealand feel like a TV-Y7 of Degrassi? :? :tongue:

BTW, I'll take MLP:FIM over Degrassi any day. :mrgreen:

Shurikenger101 wrote:
plus Sentai dvds are hard to find because Power Rangers is much more easier to find
Obviously, seeing as how one is big and active in the U.S. while the other is virtually nonexistent and obscure outside of its core fanbase.

Or if you mean in general, it might be Toei or whoever distributes the DVDs who's to blame for its poor distribution.

Shurikenger101 wrote:
even though most people that watched power rangers when they were kids realized that the scripting is terrible and it wasn't as fun as it seems.
That only counts for those who specifically moved on from PR to Super Sentai. The rest have other stuck with PR, moved on away from Tokusatsu completely, or never got into either to begin with.

Shurikenger101 wrote:
Sentai has that timeless for all ages charm despite many dark Sentai series are aimed for a young audience.
Only to those who enjoy that genre, which not everyone does.

Shurikenger101 wrote:
RPM is still no where near as dark or adult in setting as any Sentai series
Just pointing out which one came closest in tone, since it wasn't In Space. Though, Lost Galaxy still holds the candle for the highest main character death count for both sides. ;)

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 am 
inactive
Shurikenger101 wrote:
dekablue25 wrote:

Ohranger bombed in Japan because of its theme.a invading alien machine group known as Baranoia threatning to take over earth and enslave its population.a few weeks after Ohranger aired,the infamous Tokyo Subway attack started by a crazy cult caused fear and paranoia.since then Toei toned down Ohrangers plot.this made viewers angry because Toei promised the fans that a Sentai series with a dark and deep them(darker and deeper than usual Sentai series which the average pre-zyuranger sentai make PRiS the darkest PR series look like My LIttle Pony).so Ohranger was a bad choice to choose.PR Zeo had bad ratings cause the producers of Power Rangers Zeo wanted to make a movie but they didn't have enough money to do so because PR Zeo didn't get enough ratings to the point where making a movie is possible.besides you should know that theres a difference between a show being aimed at a specific audience and a show with a setting.i love sentai because the setting of sentai feels very Ancient Greek theatre esque.Super Sentai usually has that except for some campy ones like Carranger and Go-onger.Super Sentai is also aimed for all ages or for kids usually depending on whos watching a Sentai series(i finished all of Liveman and Liveman is very dark in its setting).the setting of power rangers is extremely mediocre annoying unninteligent just plain stupid.you can like it i don't care but i am still patiently waiting for more fansubbs

actually Zeo many fans enjoyed and still people loved.the characters and the story was interesting comapred to Ohranger.I did watch a few episodes of Ohranger and I really got bored with it in just matter of mins.Also do know anything military related theme seems to die down for the kids.Look at Go-Busters the ratings for the show is worse than goseiger which is saying something cause Goseiger had almost no storyline at all.Japan has no standards hence why they have porn stars as villians while here we have high standards for things to be kept.Do also remember that back when MMPR was on air a kid in europe also tried doing a stunt pretending as a ranger and hence the ban of power rangers for quite sometime as well.I understand you love sentai but do know without power rangers you kinda would not have found sentai in the first place.Sentai is aimed for all ages true but power rangers does almost the same thing but instead kids of every generation like it for what it is 5 colored super heroes saving the world while older fans just watch it for the fun and kicks of it or move on to the comic book heroes.not everyone will say power rangers suck.some like the series but never get into sentai and some that go true to sentai never care for pr.some even go the kamen rider way than sentai but yet they both are tokusatsu series.True when you watch mmpr now its kinda crappy yet its still enjoyable you cant say power rangers is stupid for once yourself as a kid watched it and loved it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
dekablue25 wrote:
Japan has no standards hence why they have porn stars as villians while here we have high standards for things to be kept.

Hold it, I know about Nao Oikawa who played a villian in Go-Onger but are you saying that there were more of them who were involved?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:35 am 
inactive
yep there are more rika nanasee from carranger then also asami jo from megaranger and kei mizutani from gingaman did some movies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Anyone know about Power Rangers being dubbed in Japanese? Guess Toei figured they could make more money on US exclusive toys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
matt0044 wrote:
Anyone know about Power Rangers being dubbed in Japanese? Guess Toei figured they could make more money on US exclusive toys.
Yep. MMPR through Lightspeed Rescue were dubbed in Japan, though they picked back up in 2011 with SPD and in 2012 with Mystic Force. So there's a bit of a gap missing, but what's been shown over there is popular.

Even Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was a much bigger hit in Japan than it was in the U.S.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm 
inactive
dekablue25 wrote:
Shurikenger101 wrote:
dekablue25 wrote:

actually Zeo many fans enjoyed and still people loved.the characters and the story was interesting comapred to Ohranger.I did watch a few episodes of Ohranger and I really got bored with it in just matter of mins.Also do know anything military related theme seems to die down for the kids.Look at Go-Busters the ratings for the show is worse than goseiger which is saying something cause Goseiger had almost no storyline at all.Japan has no standards hence why they have porn stars as villians while here we have high standards for things to be kept.Do also remember that back when MMPR was on air a kid in europe also tried doing a stunt pretending as a ranger and hence the ban of power rangers for quite sometime as well.I understand you love sentai but do know without power rangers you kinda would not have found sentai in the first place.Sentai is aimed for all ages true but power rangers does almost the same thing but instead kids of every generation like it for what it is 5 colored super heroes saving the world while older fans just watch it for the fun and kicks of it or move on to the comic book heroes.not everyone will say power rangers suck.some like the series but never get into sentai and some that go true to sentai never care for pr.some even go the kamen rider way than sentai but yet they both are tokusatsu series.True when you watch mmpr now its kinda crappy yet its still enjoyable you cant say power rangers is stupid for once yourself as a kid watched it and loved it.

what a stupid thing for you to say.Power Rangers and Super Sentai tend to have the same audience.Japan does have standards.if they don't then they would have left Bob the Builder with 4 fingers(yes in Japan.they gave bob from bob the builder 5 fingers instead of his original 4 for paranoia reasons).Ohranger bombed not because of its military theme but because Toei promised its fans that Ohranger would be the darkest Sentai series.next time don't spout nonsense.im not sure why Gobusters bombed.what about the pink haired lady from Timeforce?you can see her belly but in Timeranger you can't see Lila's belly and the actress for Divatox was involved in a adult film.so don't think its only Sentai that has porn actresses.pretty ignorant of you to say such things especially since your username is dekablue.yes i did like power rangers when i was a kid.so what?i never got deeply involved with PR as much as Sentai.i just watched PR but i never digged deep into stuff behind it but i did dig deep into stuff behind Super Sentai.in my opinion of PR its just cheesy,unintelligent,unentertaining and mediocre.Sentai itself can be cheesy but the setting is very entertaining.i can't say the same for power ranger's setting

FYI:Naoko Takeuchi herself admitted that shes a fan of Super Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm 
inactive
my name is that cause I like the character and the series as a whole.I like both the sentai and the pr versions of the series since they both had their good and bad points.Ohranger still bombed not cause of the promise Toei made for being the darkest sentai but its a military senario same with Go-busters.the series of Go-Busters is just bad and the actors dont feel very interesting and likeable.If you really get bored after watching like a few eps then thats seriously kinda bad.I see prezyu series more darker than what we have gotten.japan doesnt have a high standard like america does if in anime kids see big breasted girls and we seen guns and those nonsense while we actually cut those things out often.how many times have PR actually used porn stars compared to japan?how many of them are MAIN STREAM stars at all not just random ones that make a few and done.your saying im ignorant when your the one that dislikes pr and yet watched mmpr before going into sentai.alone sentai has its good and bad points same as pr does nothing.the good thing is pr changes their story and doesnt copy it.it looks cheesey and wierd looking but its entertaining but not with samurai thats a whole different level.I watch sentai but there are certain points where I like the pr version more cause it was either less boring or it looked better.sentai has gotten some cheesey moments and moments of wtf just happened.

also most of us know that Naoko Takeuchi likes sentai thast also a reason she created sailor moon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 pm 
inactive
dekablue25 wrote:
my name is that cause I like the character and the series as a whole.I like both the sentai and the pr versions of the series since they both had their good and bad points.Ohranger still bombed not cause of the promise Toei made for being the darkest sentai but its a military senario same with Go-busters.the series of Go-Busters is just bad and the actors dont feel very interesting and likeable.If you really get bored after watching like a few eps then thats seriously kinda bad.I see prezyu series more darker than what we have gotten.japan doesnt have a high standard like america does if in anime kids see big breasted girls and we seen guns and those nonsense while we actually cut those things out often.how many times have PR actually used porn stars compared to japan?how many of them are MAIN STREAM stars at all not just random ones that make a few and done.your saying im ignorant when your the one that dislikes pr and yet watched mmpr before going into sentai.alone sentai has its good and bad points same as pr does nothing.the good thing is pr changes their story and doesnt copy it.it looks cheesey and wierd looking but its entertaining but not with samurai thats a whole different level.I watch sentai but there are certain points where I like the pr version more cause it was either less boring or it looked better.sentai has gotten some cheesey moments and moments of wtf just happened.

also most of us know that Naoko Takeuchi likes sentai thast also a reason she created sailor moon.
apples to oranges.i don't even know why my self is continuing on babbling.my views on entertainment are really different from yours.Haim Saban tried to bring Super Sentai to the U.S before but the issues were cultural views(a retarded excuse unless if you were from a anti-Japanese family)as well as the fact that Super Sentai is a full Asian cast.odd how people in the U.S have beef with a show with a complex plot that is with a full Asian or fully white cast.every dam tv show nowadays must have some token blacks.its annoying and disgusting.nobody except liberals want to see token blacks on a show that they don't belong in.besides.when it comes to shows i don't watch adaptions of certain shows.i watch remakes but not adaptions.PR is half adaption half new show.the same mecha and ranger outfits but a watered down plot and useless characters.atleast Super Sentai actors sometimes become famous in Japan like the first actor for Vul Eagle became a 80s singer and TimePink of Timeraner also became a singer while only a few PR actors become semi-famous in the U.S like Michael,Copon,Archie Kao and Amy Jo Johnson.yes i already know Sentai has cheesy,shitty and just plain WTF moments but i just like the mood and setting for Super Sentai.one minute you think you are watching a kids show.the next you think you are watching a adult show and vice versa.Power Rangers doesn't have that feeling.Power rangers have a retarded child type of feeling when it comes to the setting and mood from the beginning to the end.it always feels like that.both in plot,script and so on

it should be well known by now that one of the actresses for Divatox had a role in a adult film before debuting on Power Rangers Turbo.yes Naoko is a fan of Sentai.shes a fan of some other Tokusatsu series as well

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
BTW, I'll take MLP:FIM over Degrassi any day. :mrgreen:

Hey, there are Degrassi fans here too you know (well, I was more of a fan of the earlier episodes, but still...)! :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next