Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Continuing Power Rangers discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-11/saban-trademarks-ninja-steel-name/.97433

Looks like Saban will be skipping ToQger for next year's adaptation.

Thank goodness. I'm all for vehicle-based megazords, but trains...no (except for the Supertrain Megazord). Not to mention some of the villians and the Ranger Costumes raise some concern.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jupiter Ascending wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-11/saban-trademarks-ninja-steel-name/.97433

Looks like Saban will be skipping ToQger for next year's adaptation.

Thank goodness. I'm all for vehicle-based megazords, but trains...no (except for the Supertrain Megazord). Not to mention some of the villians and the Ranger Costumes raise some concern.

Though it could've been funny to see how they would've handled it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:16 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hey guys, here's a Lost Galaxy related question that's been bugging me for years (NJ, if you're reading this, this is your kind of question).

Waaaaaay back in the day, before that season premiered on Fox Kids, there was a Lost Galaxy promo Fox Kids aired that contained something that never actually made it into the show. It's the first promo in this video:

At the 0:11-0:12 mark, one can see a fleet of CGI space ships all flying towards a planet. As these ships were never seen in the show, their presence in this promo always confused me as a kid whenever I thought back to seeing these ships in the promo.

Does anyone know what exactly this fleet is? I asked around elsewhere and someone showed the video to a friend of theirs who told him that it was from an old UPN show, but doesn't know which show it was. And someone else suggested to me that the fleet could be from Babylon 5, but I dunno.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Do not be fooled. What you're about to see is not a new take on DC's Poison Ivy character.

It's supposed to be Elizabeth Banks as the new Lionsgate movie version of Rita - http://www.people.com/article/elizabeth-banks-power-rangers-movie-rita-repulsa-first-look

:|

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The casting seems good but I definitely feel they went overboard with the redesign.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:14 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Fully body costumed shots of Elizabeth Banks as Rita:

(Click for full sizes)

The hairdo screams Divatox, but the rest looks like the secret love child of Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy and Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
Didn't they say Rita was the original green ranger of Zordon's team of Power Rangers from 10,000 years ago?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:46 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SnowWolf wrote:
Didn't they say Rita was the original green ranger of Zordon's team of Power Rangers from 10,000 years ago?
Not in the TV show, at least.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
First look at the Ranger suits for the Power Rangers remake movie:

They're apparently supposed to be alien suits that grow around the wearers' bodies.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:16 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
I don't hate them, but the more I look at them... the more I'm laughing. I don't know... they remind me of Iron Man mixed with a bit of Guyver. Looks better than the current Super Sentai outfits at least.

If they're alien based, why do they still have the dinosaur/prehistoric megafauna theme? I guess that might tie into the history of the story.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
And the two girls get impractical high heels and boob-hugging sacks. Progressive! :unsure:

sailormoonpedia wrote:
If they're alien based, why do they still have the dinosaur/prehistoric megafauna theme? I guess that might tie into the history of the story.
Well, in the TV show, Zordon and Alpha were implied to have created the show's suits and the two of them were both extra-terrestrial in origin, so the TV suits were alien technology as well (even if said technology bore an extremely strong resemblance to spandex).

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:39 am 
inactive
Some people seem to be mad over the inclusion of the women's breastplates in the designs. The suits in the first PR movie had them, too, but they were a little more subtle.

The suits have a little glitter-like quality to them in that photo. Reminds me of that terrible "metallic" motif they included in the old MMPR series.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:58 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
sailormoonpedia wrote:
Some people seem to be mad over the inclusion of the women's breastplates in the designs. The suits in the first PR movie had them, too, but they were a little more subtle.
The ones in the first movie weren't balloonishly bulbous, though.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:05 am 
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
sailormoonpedia wrote:
The ones in the first movie weren't balloonishly bulbous, though.

Well, I did say "more subtle."

Everything about this movie seems tryhard already so it's no surprised that they'd go overboard on the suits.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:37 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Also,

You don't think... Would they really do this? :huh:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 am 
inactive
Looks like Miolra/Horribelle from B-Fighter Kabuto/Beetleborg Metallix.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:07 am 
inactive

Pretty poster.

Bryan Cranston as Zordon? It's like full circle for him since he played two monsters in the first season of MMPR. I typically don't like grimdark adaptations and reboots, but this movie is making me curious. Hope it's not a hot steaming mess.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:59 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Bryan Cranston talks of his initial reaction to being involved in the new Power Rangers movie, as well as describes the movie's tone - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bryan-cranston-power-rangers-the-dark-knight_us_577bd160e4b09b4c43c11b69

Quote:
“At first I was, to be honest with you, I was reticent to looking at the role because I remember the television series was kind of farcical and silly and ‘pow’ and ‘zow’ — weird movements and things like that. I was like, ‘Oh, OK,’” said the actor, who used to do voice work on the “Power Rangers” TV show.

“I wasn’t really high on it until I talked to the producer and read the script and talked to the director. After that I went, ‘This is different.’” He continued, “This is as different a reimagining as the ‘Batman’ television series as it became the ‘Batman’ movie series. You can’t compare those two, and nor can you compare this movie version of the ‘Power Rangers’ to that television series. It’s unrecognizable for the most part. There are tenets of the folklore that you hold onto for sure, but the inspiration is different, and the sensibility of it, and the approach to the film making is completely different.”

When asked to clarify that the “Batman” movies he was referring to were from the “Dark Knight” series, Cranston confirmed “Yeah,” but he added, “I don’t know if the tone is as dark as that because you’re dealing with teenagers. So the appropriateness of that, and real teenage life, and going through high school and the cliques and the popularity or lack thereof, and the bullies and all the different sections and sub-sections of high school life, and the insecurities of these kids and things like that — hopes and dreams — and you embrace all of that into a retelling of the ‘Power Rangers.’ And what you would get is this new version, this new reimagined version.”

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
Well, in the TV show, Zordon and Alpha were implied to have created the show's suits and the two of them were both extra-terrestrial in origin, so the TV suits were alien technology as well (even if said technology bore an extremely strong resemblance to spandex).

Don't let Dr. K (RPM) hear you say that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:51 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ANN wrote:
Saban Brands revealed the cast of Power Rangers Ninja Steel, the 24th season of the Power Rangers franchise, at its Power Morphicon 5 panel on August 13. The cast includes:

Will Shewfelt as Red Ranger
Chrystiane Lopes as Pink Ranger
Chantz Simpson as Yellow Ranger
Zoe Robins as White Ranger
Peter Sudarso as Blue Ranger

Peter Sudarso is the brother of Yoshi Sudarso, who also played the Blue Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Charge and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge. The new series will premiere in January.

Saban Brands describes the show:

"Saban's Power Rangers Ninja Steel starts deep in space, where Zircon is the reigning champion of the most popular intergalactic game show in the universe, and monsters battle to prove who is the mightiest warrior. Zircon is determined to become invincible by controlling the mythical Spirit Crystal, which contains six supernatural Ninja Power Throwing Stars. The only thing standing in his way is a new team of heroic teenage Power Rangers who possess the Spirit Crystal. The evil Zircon sends his warrior contestants down to Earth to steal the Crystal, where each epic battle against the Rangers is broadcast throughout the universe. Together, the Rangers must master their arsenal of Throwing Stars, Zords and Megazords, each made of legendary ninja steel, in order to stop this evil threat and save our planet from destruction."

In Japan, Toei's 39th Super Sentai special effects series is the ninja-themed Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. The train-themed Ressha Sentai ToQger series aired from February 2014 to February 2015, but Saban Brands has not announced plans to adapt that series. Saban Brands also did not adapt the 2012 series Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.

Power Rangers Dino Super Charge, the current 23rd season of the Power Rangers franchise, premiered on Nickelodeon in January. Both Power Rangers Dino Super Charge and Power Rangers Dino Charge before it are based on Toei's Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger series. Saban Brands' agreements with Nickolodeon and Bandai America was previously planned to continue until 2016, but will now continue until 2018.

The 40th Super Sentai special effects series, Dōbutsu Sentai Zyuohger, premiered in Japan on February 14. The show's Gekijōban Dōbutsu Sentai Zuohger Doki-doki Circus Panic! (Animal Sentai Zuohger the Movie: Heart-throbbing Circus Panic!) feature film debuted in Japan on August 6.

Introducing the NEW Blue Ranger, my very own brother @petersadrian It's a good thing he looks good in blue They all kept it a secret from me, I was at the auditions and was told that he didn't get the role. Today I was given an envelope to open and introduce the new Blue Ranger. When I opened it, I thought I was hallucinating because it was HIS name on the paper. I could barely get his name out before breaking down. God is so good! Welcome to the family, brother, I love you! I'll miss you so much, have fun in NZ!! #powerrangers #dinocharge #ninjasteel #SudarsoBlue #BrothersBlue

The second video is by Peter's girlfriend who went into more details about how they kept it a secret from Yoshi.

So awesome!

Last edited by NJ_ on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:02 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Both videos are broken.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Both videos are broken.

Really? They work fine for me. :orly:

Here they are without the tags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6XDwltrJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO_s-kzTOIA

EDIT: She posted another video with behind the scenes footage from Power Morphicon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ihLFq8VsQg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:35 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
@Sabr: How are the videos now? I took out the "s" from the URL in case that was the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:31 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
@Sabr: How are the videos now? I took out the "s" from the URL in case that was the problem.
It's the darnedest thing. At the time when the video embeds weren't working on my end here, so too were YouTube video embeds on another board also not working for me. But now, checking both this board and that board, the video embeds are all in perfect working order for me. Yet, you say you made a change to the URL of your video embeds here, whereas no changes were made to the video embeds on the other board. And all the while, the YouTube embeds on a third board were working just fine for me the whole time. It's very bizarre.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:41 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/09/pow ... er-recast/

Apparently Chantz Simpson is gone and taking his place as the Yellow Ranger will be Nico Greetham.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:13 am 
Stella
Stella
Other: Married To NQS!

new trailer for the Power Rangers Movie and I don't like what I saw I think it looks terrible

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:55 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I called it! They sucked out the Saved by the Bell-esque feeling of the original and replaced it with that of The Breakfast Club. :lol:

Looks cool to me. Could finally be the shot in the arm the series needs to get back to being at the level of "awesome" again (hasn't been such since RPM, despite Dino Charge and Dino Super Charge really trying at times to get back to that level, only to stumble and tumble over each time).

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 pm 
Luna
Luna
Could have done without the civilian powers, but other then that I'm looking forward to Iron Man 4...oh wait.

Is it possible that Rita was stealing the power coins when she was sealed away in amber and in releasing the power coins, the teens accidently set her free as well?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:53 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:14 am 
Stella
Stella
PteraRanger wrote:
Looks like Miolra/Horribelle from B-Fighter Kabuto/Beetleborg Metallix.

Miolra always looked like Trakeena during her whole Mantis outfit. They probably just took Miolra's outfit and altered it.

Also me personally I am a huge fan of Power Rangers and Super Sentai all though I tend to prefer Super Sentai. My favorites were always the first season of MMPR and Zyuranger all though I prefer Zyuranger. I have thought of doing a fanfic that sort of combined the best aspects of Power Rangers and Super Sentai all though RyuRanger beat me too it with his Ultimate Power Rangers series however I will still do it mine will definitely be different from his in a lot of ways as well.

My favorite Power Ranger character was Trini I was obsessed with her as a kid. I thought she was so beautiful, kind, strong, intelligent and tranquil. I was beyond angry when she left the show. Not at Thuy Trang but rather for Saban for not paying them well. Saban is pretty much a jerk anyways. It seems like pretty much all of the cast has something negative to say about him. My favorite villain on Power Rangers and Super Sentai together is Lami/Scorpina. I always hated how they pretty much never used Scorpina again after that one episode in Season 2 this was especially stupid considering at how she was a fan favorite character. Lami get's much more time to shine in Zyuranger and I loved how Lami and Grifforzer both had a kid together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next