Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Anime you are watching now
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:34 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
At the moment I'm watching No Game, No Life. It's very intelligently written but wow the lewdness is a little overkill.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
GTAB wrote:

BTW, can anyone give me suggestions on what else I can check out based on my lists? Preferably stuff from the early-to-mid 80's?
You should check out Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, and GoLion (which is the original Japanese version of Lion Force Voltron).

Thanks for the recommendations, just put these on my Crunchyroll queue!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:32 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
GTAB wrote:
BTW, can anyone give me suggestions on what else I can check out based on my lists? Preferably stuff from the early-to-mid 80's?

Gunbuster is a six episode OVA series from the late 80s that you should really check out. It's SO GOOD. Also, if you feel like it, there's an early 80s scifi romcom called Urusei Yatsura I watched which was fun.

Both are hard to find as legal releases, so you'll have to find them online on one of those free anime stream sites.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:36 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Love Neith <3
I am watching Lupin again....

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:14 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Lunatastic wrote:
GTAB wrote:

Gunbuster is a six episode OVA series from the late 80s that you should really check out. It's SO GOOD. Also, if you feel like it, there's an early 80s scifi romcom called Urusei Yatsura I watched which was fun.

Both are hard to find as legal releases, so you'll have to find them online on one of those free anime stream sites.

I'll try tracking down Gunbuster someday. I actually have the first 4 volumes of Urusei Yatsura on DVD, but I haven't gotten past the first 2 episodes. Not because I don't want to (I liked the episodes), but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd like to try finding the show on blu ray because the DVDs have subpar audio and video quality. Do you know if the Japanese blu rays have English subs?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
GTAB wrote:
Lunatastic wrote:
GTAB wrote:

I'll try tracking down Gunbuster someday. I actually have the first 4 volumes of Urusei Yatsura on DVD, but I haven't gotten past the first 2 episodes. Not because I don't want to (I liked the episodes), but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd like to try finding the show on blu ray because the DVDs have subpar audio and video quality. Do you know if the Japanese blu rays have English subs?

I don't think they do, but the second movie has been released by Discotek with good quality and English subs in tow.

Maybe you could rip the Bluray footage and use VLC to add a subtitle translation from someplace. AFAIK all licensed releases in NA except for the second movie are out of print.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
I am watching Lupin again....

Which series?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:47 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Mysterious2098Face
at the moment catching up on one piece

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:06 am 
Luna
Luna
These 2 shows might seem kinda random for me to ask about, but are Ashita no Nadja and Yat Anshin Uchu Ryoko worth watching? The premise seems kinda interesting for both of them, but I want to hear from someone who has seen them before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru. Simple and cute.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
GTAB wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
You should check out Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, and GoLion (which is the original Japanese version of Lion Force Voltron).

I haven't watched Captain Harlock yet, but I've watched the first 21 episodes of Galaxy Express throughout the week. It's alright, but it's also pretty depressing for the most part. Even when there are more happy and fun moments, each episode usually ends in a very somber manner. I also think it could use a little more humor too, but that's probably just me. I'll still continue to watch it (it's very binge-watchable IMO), but I want to know if Harlock and GoLion have that same moody vibe. If they do, I'll probably just watch the first few episodes of each.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:54 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
I'm in the middle of watching Barakamon right now. It's an interesting story right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Tiger Mask W I believe we're down to the last Episode which airs next week I'm hoping knock on wood Crunchyroll Adds Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle after Tiger Mask W wraps up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
GTAB wrote:
GTAB wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I haven't watched Captain Harlock yet, but I've watched the first 21 episodes of Galaxy Express throughout the week. It's alright, but it's also pretty depressing for the most part. Even when there are more happy and fun moments, each episode usually ends in a very somber manner. I also think it could use a little more humor too, but that's probably just me. I'll still continue to watch it (it's very binge-watchable IMO), but I want to know if Harlock and GoLion have that same moody vibe. If they do, I'll probably just watch the first few episodes of each.

I've watched GoLion and let me ya, it's pretty moody. Will not spoil it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Space Battleship Yamato 2202.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:57 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Location: Chillin' at the Galaxy Cauldron, cracking open a cold soda with the girls
Currently, Assassination Classroom, Say I Love You, the '05 version of Glass Mask, and My Love Story. I'm looking to finish a few series that I started months/years ago but never finished. I really want to start Nichijou, Toradora and K-on. I'm trying to get into Love!Live because I really liked AKB0048 (from what I saw of it).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
I just completed the first season of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch! Now I'm watching Pure, the second season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:55 pm 
Luna
Luna
I'm going to start watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Gurren Lagann, and Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts sometime this week. Not sure how much more of Galaxy Express I can take though. The preachiness and moodiness is starting to wear me down. ^_^'

Also, has anyone watched these shows and would you recommend them: Ashita no Nadja and Yat Anshin Uchu Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The summer season is among us and as of now, I'm watching Welcome to the Ballroom, Made in Abyss, Dive, Vatican Miracle Examiner, Restaurant to Another World, 18if, Elegant Yokai Apartment Life, Altair A Record of Battles, Saiyuki Reload Blas, A Centaur's Life, Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, Yugioh Vrains, and Tsuredure Children. I still need to watch Magic Circle Guru-Guru and I'm uncertain if I'm going to stick with Princess Principal. Welcome to the Ballroom, Restaurant to Another World, A Centaur's Life, and Yugioh Vrains are my current favorites.

Last edited by Neon Genesis on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 pm 
Stella
Stella
Full Metal Panic just finished the 1st Season i loved it

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:07 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ranma 1/2
Rewatching Haruhi Suzumiya P-: I like Mikuru :mischief:
OG Dragonball
One Piece
Urusei Yatsura
and rewatching D Gray Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 pm 
Stella
Stella
i want to watch Urusei Yatsura but its not on Crunchyroll :blue:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Full Metal Panic just finished the 1st Season i loved it

You're gonna love Fumoffu, dear. It's so funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:38 pm 
Luna
Luna
Ryo Urawa wrote:
i want to watch Urusei Yatsura but its not on Crunchyroll :blue:

I was going to say that you could buy the first few volumes on DVD since I bought cheap copies on eBay a few months ago ($5 each for the first 4), but it seems they're all at least $10 now. Then again, the DVDs have mediocre picture and sound quality, so it might not even be worth it to seek them out. It might be on Dailymotion, but I wouldn't know if it would be subbed or raw. This show should really be put back in print in the US. It's classic enough to deserve a re-release that makes it more easily available.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 am 
Luna
Luna
Prince Rose wrote:
at the moment catching up on one piece

i will never catch up in one piece :dead:

just rewatched the last episode of Evangelion for .... lets see. the 4th time? and about half way through Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, which is pretty adorable! (though admittedly could do without Kanna's classmate and Lucoa. :grey: )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 am 
Luna
Luna
Prince Rose wrote:
GTAB wrote:

Project A-ko (just the first one for now since people don't seem to like the sequels)

I actually love all the sequels they aren't as good as the original but they aren't bad they deserve a chance
at least for it's comedy P-:

I finally got to watch the first A-ko 2 days ago and I liked it. It wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it enough to want to check out the sequels. Funnily enough, I was at a book store yesterday and I bought a box set that had all of the movies. I watched the 2nd movie last night and didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the first. There were some parts I liked, but overall, it just felt like a cheap direct to video sequel if that makes since. The other 3 sequels look a bit more interesting to me, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:18 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
GTAB wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
GTAB wrote:

Project A-ko (just the first one for now since people don't seem to like the sequels)

I actually love all the sequels they aren't as good as the original but they aren't bad they deserve a chance
at least for it's comedy P-:

I finally got to watch the first A-ko 2 days ago and I liked it. It wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it enough to want to check out the sequels. Funnily enough, I was at a book store yesterday and I bought a box set that had all of the movies. I watched the 2nd movie last night and didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the first. There were some parts I liked, but overall, it just felt like a cheap direct to video sequel if that makes since. The other 3 sequels look a bit more interesting to me, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

yeah I'll agree the first one is the one that most feels like a movie - think of the sequels more as OVA's
just remember the last one is alternate universe I'm talking the one after "final" [it's final for that universe's version] Grey side/Blue side is the AU I mean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:22 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Started Lupin III Part II a few days ago since I finally finished Part I after over three years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10