Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I'm just not bothering to try and catch up and just watching a few episodes at a time. That's what I did for Mobile Suit Gundam and I finished the original series in just a few weeks. At least DBZ Kai has the benefit of cutting out most of the filler in.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Neon Genesis wrote:
I'm just not bothering to try and catch up and just watching a few episodes at a time. That's what I did for Mobile Suit Gundam and I finished the original series in just a few weeks. At least DBZ Kai has the benefit of cutting out most of the filler in.

yeah but I liked DBZ's filler episodes especially the one where Chi-Chi makes Goku and Piccolo take driving lessons that episode was funny as hell :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
oldie but goodie :thumbsup:

It's actually the sequel, being broadcast right now.
Ryo Urawa wrote:
I'm watching Tiger Mask W myself and I love it Haruna-Chan is already my favorite character XD Probably gonna watch Lupin The 3rd on Crunchyroll they have every series on there and it looks good to me :cool:

Good choice. And trust me, it's beyond good. A bit of presentation for the various series (mostly represented by Lupin's jacket color):
  • Green Jacket: the foundation of everything. Set entirely into Japan. Not as good as the Red Jacket, but good nonetheless. Has the debut of Hayao Miyazaki, who directed many episodes and its second film, The Castle of Cagliostro.
  • Red Jacket: THE Lupin series, and the best known. Set all around the world. Zenigata becomes more of a goof here, but he's still good (this is the series where he chased Lupin while riding a torpedo on dry land, after all. Most films, OVA and yearly specials are based on this series.
  • Pink Jacket: it's commonly considered the weakest series, and it's easily the weirdest. Has one film, The Gold of Babylon.
  • The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: a sort of prequel to the whole series, centered mostly on Fujiko. The darkest installment, and the first with an overarching plot. Also the setting of the movie The Graveston of Daisuke Jigen.
  • Blue Jacket: official title, Lupin III: The Italian Adventure, it's a co-production between TMS Entertainment (the usual producers) and the Italian Mediaset-who actually broadcast first. It's set in Italy, France and San Marino, and has an overarching plot. Features recurring characters Rebecca Rossellini (a billionaire woman from San Marino who is a genius inventor, an actress, a top model, and even a thief rivalling Lupin himself, with whom she falls in love), Nyx (a member of the MI6. A very dangerous man), and someone I'll just call a Renaissance man to avoid spoilers. Also the setting of the 2016 special, that expands on some of its episode, and features the worst opening the series ever had.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Summertime Senshi
lord Martiya wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
oldie but goodie :thumbsup:

It's actually the sequel, being broadcast right now.

I'm mainly familiar with the classic

Attachments:
tigermask.jpg
tigermask.jpg [ 52.65 KiB | Viewed 916 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 am 
Stella
Stella
^^^I wasn't aware it was a sequel now I want to watch the original anime XD as I love Tiger Mask W which is airing weekly on Crunchyroll the main villain The Third Aka Yellow Devil is so cool

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Right now I have Cowboy Bebop and Sailor Moon SuperS as my main focus, and Dragon Ball series classic and Kai as minor focus. I have TONS of anime planned to watch too. Any advice on how to efficiently progress through shows?

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This is a great idea for a thread! I think we're all avid anime fans besides loving Sailor Moon.

I don't usually watch a lot of "seasonal" anime, but I'm starting to.

I just finished Death Note but I will write up my thoughts on that in our active Death Note thread.

I'm currently watching: Himouto Umaru-chan, Attack on Titan season 2, Eromanga-sensei, Grimoire of Zero, and "Gonna Be the Twin-Tail" which I'm only watching so I can see how awful it is for myself, lmao.

Lunatastic wrote:
Right now I have Cowboy Bebop and Sailor Moon SuperS as my main focus, and Dragon Ball series classic and Kai as minor focus. I have TONS of anime planned to watch too. Any advice on how to efficiently progress through shows?

If you can have the focus/mindset to have a "main focus" and a "minor focus" then that's already pretty darn efficient, if you ask me. Switch it up with genres and "moods" of shows so you don't get burnt out. Cowboy Bebop and Sailor Moon SuperS are both very different so I think it's a good idea to watch them together.

Try to watch daily, or as often as you can. Make it a schedule or a habit if possible. Working full-time or going to class and having homework can make this difficult, but don't feel the need to marathon through an entire show unless you really want to. Example: last week I watched "Sound of the Sky" over the course of two days because I had the free time, but that's rare for me.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:27 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Okay thanks! My life seems to be a bit cluttered since it's the near-end of the school year and we have some assignments to balance, but I can try to manage that.

BTW: here's my list! https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ultimate19th?status=1

Post subject: Re: Anime you are watching now
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ topic merged with similar topic

I knew there was something familiar about this thread P-:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
If i'm binge watching an older show, I usually have to get myself in a certain mood to commit to finishing it, especially if it's a shorter 12 to 26 episode show. Like pick a day or two of the week you want to commit to binge watching a show and just start watching it until you get to the end. It's also helpful to take breaks so you don't get burned out. Like sometimes I'll watch three episodes at a time, then take a break for a bit and watch three more episodes later. For longer shows, my best advice is to just watch when you feel like it. If you only feel like watching an episode a day, don't worry too much about trying to catch up, and try not to get overwhelmed by taking on too many shows at once. For newer simulcast shows, I try to watch them as soon as they air or at least on the weekend after they air so I don't get too far behind. Again, it's good to take breaks if you feel you need to in order to avoid feeling overwhelmed with too many shows. The most important advice I can give as a long time anime fan is to not feel like you have to catch up on everything and just watch shows at your own pace that makes you feel comfortable. If watching anime becomes more like a chore than something you enjoy doing, take a breather and don't try to force yourself to watch as much as possible. Remember, anime is supposed to be fun, so just watch what you want to and when you feel like it.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
I'm mainly familiar with the classic

That's the whole reason I decided to watch Tiger Mask W.
Also, did you know there's a manga too?
Ryo Urawa wrote:
^^^I wasn't aware it was a sequel now I want to watch the original anime XD as I love Tiger Mask W which is airing weekly on Crunchyroll the main villain The Third Aka Yellow Devil is so cool

I think I prefer good old Fukuwara Mask. As awesome as he's funny.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 pm 
Stella
Stella
lord Martiya wrote:
I think I prefer good old Fukuwara Mask. As awesome as he's funny.

he's one of my favorites too Haruna-Chan is still my favorite though, The Third/Yellow Devil is a great villain though. holding out the hope that once Tiger Mask W ends Crunchyroll will add Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle (especially the UM dub it was awesome the only dub 4Kids did extremely well Dan Green's Robin Mask was hilarious he made him sound like Sean Connery XD)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
A series I've just started following is Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love. The sequel of Space Battleship Yamato 2199. And so far, it's good-except the schedule, as it's released as a group of theatrical movies that together make up 26 episodes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm 
Stella
Stella
lord Martiya wrote:
A series I've just started following is Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love. The sequel of Space Battleship Yamato 2199. And so far, it's good-except the schedule, as it's released as a group of theatrical movies that together make up 26 episodes.

so its the same as Digimon Adventure Tri in terms of schedule then XD

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Lone Queen
Sailor Moon Crystal (English dub), because I'm basic like that.

But really, I only watched the first 8 episodes when they aired so I'm pretty much watching the series for the first time.

I'm very, very tempted to start Attack On Titan season 2, but I'm prolly gonna wait until the English dub is released.

I'm prolly gonna start Smile PreCure sometime soon though.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I bought the Digimon Adventure Tri DVD from Target today. It was only $10 so that was a really great deal for one of my favorite anime. This was my first time getting to watch the dub and I loved it a lot! It was so great getting to hear all the classic dub VAs that came back for it again and they all sounded perfect! All the new VAs did a great job to me and even Vic Mignonga as Matt didn't bother me as much as it did some people. I just loved getting to hear an uncut dub of Digimon that stayed faithful to the original which is something I never thought would happen in my lifetime and I'm glad to finally own a physical official subtitled release of Digimon. It's probably not likely but it does make me wish we could get a faithful uncut redub of Digimon with the Tri cast. I would love it so much. If you're a fan of the Viz dub of Sailor Moon, you should especially check it out because some of the new VAs are from the Viz Sailor Moon dub!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:02 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Currently re-watching some classic SM episodes, those who have :ami: in a leading role to be precisely; I'm digitizing them from my old tapes for a "Best of Mercury" Collection.

Among them are the swim duel against Neptune, No. 8 (Her debut), the two episodes featuring Ryo, the Chess game against Bertie and No. 151.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: just forum married
I rewatch some sm episodes too.Mostly fillers which i like.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
I do tend to watch bits and pieces of my favorite SM episodes too from time to time. Maybe I should rewatch some good ones just before the time when I will eventually finish Stars.

So far I find SuperS to be a solid series overall despite its noticable flaws. The latest one I've watched was Diana's introduction, and it was pretty decently alright by my standards.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Just started following the insanity of One Punch-Man.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:23 am 
Stella
Stella
lord Martiya wrote:
Just started following the insanity of One Punch-Man.

I don't care for One Punch Man myself I don't know why but something about that series just doesn't sit right with me not sure if its Saitama's bland appearance or something else entirely but I couldn't get into it. but I do hope you enjoy it none the less =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
I recently joined MyAnimeList in part to start watching more anime. Right now I'm watching Hataraku Maou-sama! under a recommendation. It's pretty hilarious, definitely worth it for anyone who likes comedy like me.

By the way, feel free to find me on MAL if you like.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:37 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Right now, I'm watching these:
Ranma 1/2
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sailor Moon S (Viz dub)
Urusei Yatsura
Miss Machiko (a few more English subbed episodes then the rest of it raw)
Cutie Honey (70s version)

At some point next month, I want to start watching these:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Dragon Ball (not sure about Z yet)
Dirty Pair
Code Geass
Lupin the III
Gurren Lagann
Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei
Project A-ko (just the first one for now since people don't seem to like the sequels)
Samurai Champloo
Mobile Suit Gundam

BTW, can anyone give me suggestions on what else I can check out based on my lists? Preferably stuff from the early-to-mid 80's?

Last edited by GTAB on Sat May 27, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:32 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
GTAB wrote:

Project A-ko (just the first one for now since people don't seem to like the sequels)

I actually love all the sequels they aren't as good as the original but they aren't bad they deserve a chance
at least for it's comedy P-:

is it me or do those manly female aliens remind me of the Starlights [in appearance ] who by the way are reoccurring characters :tongue:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
chrissifniotis wrote:
I recently joined MyAnimeList in part to start watching more anime. Right now I'm watching Hataraku Maou-sama! under a recommendation. It's pretty hilarious, definitely worth it for anyone who likes comedy like me.

I'm on MyAnimeList!

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:06 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:

I'm on MyAnimeList!

Win! I use the same name there so you can find me there. I even posted reviews on both Sailor Moon series.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
GTAB wrote:

BTW, can anyone give me suggestions on what else I can check out based on my lists? Preferably stuff from the early-to-mid 80's?
You should check out Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, and GoLion (which is the original Japanese version of Lion Force Voltron).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:44 am 
Stella
Stella
Highschool DXD and wow that anime is alot better than i expected :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: Makoto is my waifu ❤
Sailor Moon SuperS and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
I have started watching GlassLip. Also, I put Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch on hold.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next