* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: PC vs Mac
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 25110.html

Quote:
This update arrives several months after nearly 600,000 Macs were infected with a malicious trojan named "Flashback" or "Flashfake." The breach in security was a reality check for many Mac owners who believed their computers to be immune to such attacks.

Wished this was worldwide news just so my MAC friends would shut up about being invulnerable to computer viruses. :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's the same with Linux distros. It's just that there are so many, and spread around so few users, that it's not "cost-efficient" to write viruses for them. Also, the userbase is generally more competent in handling them than Mac or Windows users.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 25110.html

Quote:
This update arrives several months after nearly 600,000 Macs were infected with a malicious trojan named "Flashback" or "Flashfake." The breach in security was a reality check for many Mac owners who believed their computers to be immune to such attacks.

Wished this was worldwide news just so my MAC friends would shut up about being invulnerable to computer viruses. :o

Who could really claim that (aside from marketing slogans)? :P Any systems are breakable, including the unbreakable ones. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Who could really claim that (aside from marketing slogans)? :P Any systems are breakable, including the unbreakable ones. lol

Insecure MAC users. :P

boromonokli wrote:
It's the same with Linux distros. It's just that there are so many, and spread around so few users, that it's not "cost-efficient" to write viruses for them. Also, the userbase is generally more competent in handling them than Mac or Windows users.

I find the MAC users to be overconfident. Even with this virus I'm still expecting them to say "Oh its only 1 virus."

With that overconfidence they're susceptible to more attacks. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
boromonokli wrote:

I find the MAC users to be overconfident. Even with this virus I'm still expecting them to say "Oh its only 1 virus."

With that overconfidence they're susceptible to more attacks. :roll:

The more such unwarranted confidence --> the more Mac users --> the more Mac viruses --> readjustment to a more rational/realistic confidence level :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Let me just clarify that Macs are NOT immune from all viruses. No computer is. Some computers get a lot of viruses, some get fewer. Not even all PCs are the same when it comes to that. My school laptop (a cheap Dell Latitude) has all kinds of spyware (among countless other issues), but I know that not all PCs are like that of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Let me just clarify that Macs are NOT immune from all viruses. No computer is. Some computers get a lot of viruses, some get fewer. Not even all PCs are the same when it comes to that. My school laptop (a cheap Dell Latitude) has all kinds of spyware (among countless other issues), but I know that not all PCs are like that of course.

It depends on what security softwares you're using & how you use them. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
the fact is mac users do tend to get very overconfident in their things.people need to be smart in things but some arent and think their laptop is godly nothing can happen.i'm more of a pc person i did try a macbook for abit still wasnt use to it.plus the price for those things is too much just for something like that.same with the iphones and ipods while they are cool devices apple just rehashes their item over and over again with little to nothing new about it or just a new design.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
dekablue25 wrote:
i'm more of a pc person i did try a macbook for abit still wasnt use to it.plus the price for those things is too much just for something like that.same with the iphones and ipods while they are cool devices apple just rehashes their item over and over again with little to nothing new about it or just a new design.

Agreed on that. :) Their exterior designs do look simplistic/minimalistic & cool, tho. :cool:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:04 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Their software design is beyond shitty and intrusive as...

Apple can perform acts of depravity on itself. My ios apps tend to fail after a few months, but right now these... sons of smelly snorting trolls, are literally performing similarly depraved acts all over me to change my os to ios 5. And sorry for the nice terms I use, but apple can go and follow it's founder to the grave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
boromonokli wrote:
Their software design is beyond shitty and intrusive as...

Apple can perform acts of depravity on itself. My ios apps tend to fail after a few months, but right now these... sons of smelly snorting trolls, are literally performing similarly depraved acts all over me to change my os to ios 5. And sorry for the nice terms I use, but apple can go and follow it's founder to the grave.

Apple had already shown signs of going downhill even at around the time shortly before Jobs' death.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Wow I remember this thread from 2009 o3o

I'll just leave this here ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0 MAC vs PC

Anime fan dating site

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
I only used a Pc not a Mac so...
I mean my friend had a Mac when I went to her house but it seemed really good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
SailorSophia wrote:
I only used a Pc not a Mac so...
I mean my friend had a Mac when I went to her house but it seemed really good.

I use both tbh, I just thought the video was great lol. Its all about visual appeal and whatever you're doing honestly. You can pretty much do either on both to an extent.

I prefer PC mainly due to variety as I"m picky about needs and or uses for software. Granted major brands are available for both on some aspects, there are others that are solely PC and solely Mac, only diff is PC has a bigger community that pumps out tons of apps, though things have caught up over the years.

Unless you have deep pockets and or no fear of NSA, then you can find tons of freeware for PC. Granted it doesn't stop many.

Again its all preference.

Aww no strike through option

Anime fan dating site

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
PC 4 LIFE!

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Center Down?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:12 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's 2016 already and I'm still typing from the same PC bought in 2005. Is there a Mac user who can say their Mac has served them for eleven years of daily use without failing? :o :o :o

/attempting to rekindle the drama/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:41 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
My (WIN98, no less) PC even lasted 15 (!) years (bought ca. 2001) and that although it heavily fell and rolled over several times during the transport. The HD finally "died" only very recently.

Now I use the smaller one of my late brother (also '98, with external backups of the other installation because of personal files, images, game states etc. which needed to be saved) and, just to mention it, I proudly can say that most of Mara's games (Sailor V being the notable exception) run perfectly fine on it (in contrast to what's written in the readmes).

Now, to make myself clear, I am not saying that any of the two manufacturers is better or worse than the other, they surely both have their advantages and disadvantages.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Onuzim Ima wrote:
Now, to make myself clear, I am not saying that any of the two manufacturers is better or worse than the other, they surely both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Yeah, & that's why different types of users or people in different professions, say, gamers & graphic designers, among others, prefer one to the other. :)

My J-pop thread

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Center Down?
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 am 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
It's 2016 already and I'm still typing from the same PC bought in 2005. Is there a Mac user who can say their Mac has served them for eleven years of daily use without failing? :o :o :o

/attempting to rekindle the drama/

It's 2017 now and I'm typing from a Mac. :shocked:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 am 
Stella
Stella
Other: Married To NQS!
PC and not a very good one either it goes down more than ships on the sea XD (wanted to say something else but I'm not sure it would be appropriate :mischief: )

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:48 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
PC for gaming and doing emulators~

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
I use Pc.Mac is also good but pc is enough for me to use daily