* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Titanic II
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II

I'll take a ride on this in 2016 if tickets won't be outrageously pricey. :mischief:

Post subject: Re: Titanic (moive)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
Tickets were pricey back then too! :P

First Class (parlor suite) £870/$4,350 ($83,200 today)
First Class (berth) £30/$150 ($2975 today)
Second Class £12/$60 ($1200 today)
Third Class £3 to £8/$40 ($298 to $793 today)

I got that from this site, but I'm not sure if they are correct or not. Maybe close. But I do know, for a fact, they were pricey :P

Hell, I would take a ride on Titanic II...as long as there are no icebergs to run into. Hello global warming xD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II

I'll take a ride on this in 2016 if tickets won't be outrageously pricey. :mischief:

sounds cool.

emilyecstasyTM wrote:

I got that from this site, but I'm not sure if they are correct or not. Maybe close. But I do know, for a fact, they were pricey :P

Hell, I would take a ride on Titanic II...as long as there are no icebergs to run into. Hello global warming xD

wow pricey is right... :eeklez: :eeklez: since the real one sank there have be updates on ships. they have radar to find icebergs. they must go slow in iceberg areas and there must be enough life boats for everyone on the ship.

Post subject: Re: Titanic II
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:10 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... again.html

^ New photos of interior design.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
emilyecstasyTM wrote:

Guess that means I'd be third class P-:
I just hope this time they got more life boats.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Wow, as a huge fan this is both blasphemos and amazing. I wonder if I could convince my wife to go. >.> I don't think we could ever afford a ticket, sadly.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
how much will it be and is it ran by white star again? :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
the ship will be made in China

-Char Aznable

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:59 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Be worth it to ride it and half way through yell, "ICEBERG!"

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:44 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
PrimusVsUnicron wrote:

And given the fine quality of Chinese workmanship, don't be surprised if it suffers a fate similar to the original during its maiden voyage. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Lunar Archivist wrote:
PrimusVsUnicron wrote:

And given the fine quality of Chinese workmanship, don't be surprised if it suffers a fate similar to the original during its maiden voyage. :P

You read my mind. Good thing I'm poor! :oh:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm 
My name does not mean what you think it means
That's both... amazingly hilarious and amazingly disrespectful to the dead. XD What's next? Chernobyl II?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:07 am 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Fokkusu wrote:
That's both... amazingly hilarious and amazingly disrespectful to the dead. XD What's next? Chernobyl II?

^ I don't see how it's being "disrespectful". Otherwise, following that logic we could as well stop producing cars (since people died inside every single model/design of a car), planes (isn't it an insult to 500+ people dying in the 1985 catastrophe to keep producing copies of Boeing 747?), trains, space ships, bycycles (as if there weren't enough people dying in bycylce accidents?), all kinds of electricity based devices (more than enough toasters and fridges causing fire and short circuits), and what not. And yes, all those devices are produced under the same brand names and have the same design, despite killing millions of human beings.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 pm 
Maraviollantes wrote:
Fokkusu wrote:

^ I don't see how it's being "disrespectful". Otherwise, following that logic we could as well stop producing cars (since people died inside every single model/design of a car), planes (isn't it an insult to 500+ people dying in the 1985 catastrophe to keep producing copies of Boeing 747?), trains, space ships, bycycles (as if there weren't enough people dying in bycylce accidents?), all kinds of electricity based devices (more than enough toasters and fridges causing fire and short circuits), and what not. And yes, all those devices are produced under the same brand names and have the same design, despite killing millions of human beings.

I'm not really offended, just bemused and expecting some people to take offense. I just meant that the name is kinda funny and a little odd considering what happened to the original Titanic and how infamous that tragedy was. Obviously I don't think we should stop building ships or airplanes because people have died in them.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
I completely agree with Maraviollantes,
and i also i think they are trying to do justice to the name titanic, which unfortunately sunk on its maiden voyage.
it was a HUGE project at the time, and a boat that size was un heard of.
i wouldnt get on board (as seeing titanic two setting sail on dr who (or was that the Poseidon 2...)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Fokkusu wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Fokkusu wrote:

I'm not really offended, just bemused and expecting some people to take offense. I just meant that the name is kinda funny and a little odd considering what happened to the original Titanic and how infamous that tragedy was. Obviously I don't think we should stop building ships or airplanes because people have died in them.

I could see it as a paying of respect/tribute to the 1st ship, tho I guess it's more about a business of making money. XD

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Umm there was already a 2nd Titanic. Which coincidentally ALSO sunk on it's maiden voyage XD It was named Britannic but was going to be called Gigantic before it's sister sank. It looked identical to the Titanic so there are many conspiracy theories that THAT was the ship that sunk. It was turned into an underwater museum by summer of 2009. :)

i'm going to name you after the bravest woman i know, and also the coolest and the smartest. usagi. my little tiny usagi. small lady usagi. im a great mom.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:57 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
MistressUsagi wrote:
Umm there was already a 2nd Titanic. Which coincidentally ALSO sunk on it's maiden voyage XD It was named Britannic but was going to be called Gigantic before it's sister sank. It looked identical to the Titanic so there are many conspiracy theories that THAT was the ship that sunk. It was turned into an underwater museum by summer of 2009. :)

Not quite so - the ship didn't sink on its maiden voyage. It successfully operated for a year as a hospital ship, until being sunk by a WWI naval mine... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
MistressUsagi wrote:

Not quite so - the ship didn't sink on its maiden voyage. It successfully operated for a year as a hospital ship, until being sunk by a WWI naval mine... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic

*facepalm* I was there trying to remember for like 5 mins whether it sunk on it's maiden voyage >.< Shoulda gone with the gut >.< Thanks for that :)

i'm going to name you after the bravest woman i know, and also the coolest and the smartest. usagi. my little tiny usagi. small lady usagi. im a great mom.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
MistressUsagi wrote:

i think it was similar as it was it's sisters ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
So there building another Titainic? Thats awesome but the tickets are expensive but im not really suprised though. My parents are big fans of Titanic I dont actually even know if they know about this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
2016 is next year already, but they didn't even begin any construction works. Looks like we won't go on a Titanic II cruise after all. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
2016 is next year already, but they didn't even begin any construction works. Looks like we won't go on a Titanic II cruise after all. :ohdear:

That Wiki article you linked in the OP now says it's now suggested to be 2018 (no guarantee, of course). lol

Here're the latest developments of the project in that article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II#Future

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 am 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

That Wiki article you linked in the OP now says it's now suggested to be 2018 (no guarantee, of course). lol

Maybe in the end Palmer will make a 1:100 Titanic replica for kiddy rides. Like he cheated with dinosaurs already. First promising to clone & resurrect real dinosaurs, but then ending up with a mediocre kiddy park with plastic animatronic dinosaurs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

At this rate, the cosmic cruise Titanic from Doctor Who may get built first. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:25 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
I'm surprised they haven't done this already. I'd love to go on this trip if I could afford it.

I first thought this thread was gonna be about a sequel to the James Cameron film. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Maybe we should all pinch in and help Maraviollantes to a cruise trip. He's so down and bitter all the time...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:12 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NinjaUsagi wrote:
Maybe we should all pinch in and help Maraviollantes to a cruise trip. He's so down and bitter all the time...

Perhaps it'd be more practical for him to wait for the U.S.S. Titanic to be built:

http://enterprisedavid.deviantart.com/a ... -297630760

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:57 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
NinjaUsagi wrote:

You can't get rid of me that easily. :x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Other: Shishio Sensei/CUPID
WHOA!! I would totally want to check it out but y'know...I get sea sick so, no thanks.