Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

What's your sexual orientation?
Female and straight 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Female and lesbian 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Female and bisexual/pansexual 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Female and asexual 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Male and straight 24%  24%  [ 20 ]
Male and gay 21%  21%  [ 18 ]
Male and bisexual/pansexual 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Male and asexual 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Transgender 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Re: Your Sexual Orientation?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NavalCommanderMercury wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ I think education is at least as important as legal measures - people have to be educated on that right from their very tender age, & school curricula of all grades/levels should incorporate it.

Definitely. Though we still need to incite change in the older generation of people, by force if need be. Obviously we'll never eliminate the ideas completely but we can make anti-prejudice prevalent enough in society that people will be afraid to publicize their views if their thoughts are undesirable.

Regulations should be accompanied by effective communication to the public about them via well-planned publicity campaigns & media exposures. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:02 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: lunar human
well I'll be ^_^' it drives me crazy :ohdear: I do hope none of you are offend me :? the way I think A human being is a human bbeing
in other words I don't care if you love women or men or both I still wanna be your friend :smug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:01 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Straight male here. Nice to see the diversity of all the fans here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Submarine Reflection
I'm bisexual but no longer act on it due to religious reason's. I still lust after other hottie's I come across (my standards are incredibly high, they have to be as hot as me or hotter lmao ) I like men a lot too so it's no biggy. I haven't even acted on my bisexual tendencies since university so I'm not missing out on anything. I have this saying; ''All the girls I want are straight. All the guys I want are gay.'' True story. :lol: :tongue:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Princess Neptune wrote:
I'm bisexual but no longer act on it due to religious reason's. I still lust after other hottie's I come across (my standards are incredibly high, they have to be as hot as me or hotter lmao ) I like men a lot too so it's no biggy. I haven't even acted on my bisexual tendencies since university so I'm not missing out on anything. I have this saying; ''All the girls I want are straight. All the guys I want are gay.'' True story. :lol: :tongue:

I've also heard women I personally know saying that many gay men are pretty nice guys - so nice that they feel it's a pity that those men are gay. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:15 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Straight female here and currently in a long term relationship :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Princess Neptune wrote:

I don't know what your "religious reasons" are but suppressing your sexuality isn't healthy. Also there is no good logical reason to be against homosexuality as science considers it normal and natural. Not only that but it is found in every living species. There are for instance all female, all lesbian species which reproduce through parthenogenesis like the Whiptail Lizards. Not only that but of Big Horned Sheep and Giraffes they have mostly gay sex and only really mate heterosexually during mating season but otherwise prefer their own gender. So if your religion has something against homosexuality then your religion is wrong point blank period.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
So I have been hearing a lot of new terms as of lately: cis, binary, non-binary, gender fluid.

Would anyone care to explain them to me? I could use google, but I am lazy. :smug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Clow wrote:
So I have been hearing a lot of new terms as of lately: cis, binary, non-binary, gender fluid.

Would anyone care to explain them to me? I could use google, but I am lazy. :smug:
Everything you need to know about transgender terminology in a handy guide: http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Not only that but of Big Horned Sheep and Giraffes they have mostly gay sex and only really mate heterosexually during mating season but otherwise prefer their own gender. So if your religion has something against homosexuality then your religion is wrong point blank period.

Do you really think that suggesting to have sex like "big horned sheep" and "giraffes" can convince religious people to reconsider their beliefs? Me thinks that most people would be not quite eager to use sheep as role models when it comes to morals, love, and faith. P-:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I would point out our modern understandings of sexual orientation and gender identity are fairly recent and the bible was written in time when people didn't know as much about the subject and they had an entirely different understanding of sexual orientation and gender back then. But there are a growing number of prominent Christian leaders and bible scholars that question the traditional interpretations of the bible regarding homosexuality and a convincing argument can be made that these are mistranslations and misinterpretations and the bible is actually condemning ancient pagan prostitution practices. A good resource on the subject is the book God and the Gay Christian by Matthew Vines.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
I would point out our modern understandings of sexual orientation and gender identity are fairly recent and the bible was written in time when people didn't know as much about the subject and they had an entirely different understanding of sexual orientation and gender back then. But there are a growing number of prominent Christian leaders and bible scholars that question the traditional interpretations of the bible regarding homosexuality and a convincing argument can be made that these are mistranslations and misinterpretations and the bible is actually condemning ancient pagan prostitution practices. A good resource on the subject is the book God and the Gay Christian by Matthew Vines.

I think the scripture is a means by the Jewish people at the time to keep their identity & unity during their crises of national survival, hence it repeatedly stresses their various cultural/religious/etc. differences from the other peoples around them. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guestie's onii-chan
Maraviollantes wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Not only that but of Big Horned Sheep and Giraffes they have mostly gay sex and only really mate heterosexually during mating season but otherwise prefer their own gender. So if your religion has something against homosexuality then your religion is wrong point blank period.

Do you really think that suggesting to have sex like "big horned sheep" and "giraffes" can convince religious people to reconsider their beliefs? Me thinks that most people would be not quite eager to use sheep as role models when it comes to morals, love, and faith. P-:

Tell those religious that birds are homosexual, and bald eagles are birds.

#MuricaFyeah

Quote:
bible regarding homosexuality and a convincing argument can be made that these are mistranslations and misinterpretations

Couldn't one argue every religious book ever is filled with errors, mistranslation and bias? I know for one the Quran existed many, many hundreds years orally and I believe it was first wrote down in Persian, not Arabic.

Also, what the heck happened to the religion rule?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
TESTAMENT wrote:
Also, what the heck happened to the religion rule?

It's always there & any posts deemed by me or other admins to be too much for here in that respect will be cauldroned. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:10 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
As long as someone is not attacking LGBTQ rights or supporting hateful views, it doesn't matter to me if someone is celibate or not if that gives them some kind of spiritual fulfillment. I myself don't really have any interest in dating but that's because I'm just not that interested in sex and relationships at the time and I'm happy being single than because of any ideology. But I thought it was important to be informative there are affirming ways of interpreting the scriptures that are options.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Maraviollantes wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

It proves that homosexuality is normal and natural. Homosexuality is rampant in the animal kingdom with bisexuality being the norm in many species. As for the morality of gay relationships one can look at the many loving, caring, healthy and functional gay relationships and couples in the past and present.

Neon Genesis wrote:

Well again I see nothing wrong with Pagan prostitution practices and I am for the institution of prostitution provided everyone consents. Besides the Bible does not condemn prostitution in the form of concubinage and concubines were basically live in prostitutes.

Neon Genesis wrote:
As long as someone is not attacking LGBTQ rights or supporting hateful views, it doesn't matter to me if someone is celibate or not if that gives them some kind of spiritual fulfillment. I myself don't really have any interest in dating but that's because I'm just not that interested in sex and relationships at the time and I'm happy being single than because of any ideology. But I thought it was important to be informative there are affirming ways of interpreting the scriptures that are options.

Lifelong celibacy just isn't healthy for anyone. Humans are sexual creatures who desire love, companionship and sexual pleasure and there is nothing wrong with that and deliberately denying yourself these things is not healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:57 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Quote:

I agree with you. Comparing gays to animals is a way of dehumanizing gays.

My gay friend from Russia told me awful stories about his experiences while living in the country. A personal and controversial question, Mara, and it is completely okay if you don't want to answer it: as an individual, do you believe that gays are sinners or less than others? My Russian friend told me to think twice before befriending Russians. Of course, I don't know you, and therefore I feel completely comfortable asking you this controversial question. And, again, I will not make assumptions about you based on your answer. I am just curious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:30 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
...as an individual, do you believe that gays are sinners or less than others?

No. But overwhelming majority in Russia does - according to polls, most people support criminal persecution of homosexuals. If it depended on me alone, I would legalize not only same-sex marriages, but a lot of other currently illegal things that many people would disagree with me on. P-:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:12 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm bisexual/pansexual. (I typically just say that I'm bisexual now, but either is accurate.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:
Quote:

I agree with you. Comparing gays to animals is a way of dehumanizing gays.

My gay friend from Russia told me awful stories about his experiences while living in the country. A personal and controversial question, Mara, and it is completely okay if you don't want to answer it: as an individual, do you believe that gays are sinners or less than others? My Russian friend told me to think twice before befriending Russians. Of course, I don't know you, and therefore I feel completely comfortable asking you this controversial question. And, again, I will not make assumptions about you based on your answer. I am just curious.

Again not in this case. Showing that homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom debunks the homophobic lie that homosexuality is unnatural when in reality it is found in countless human species.

Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
...as an individual, do you believe that gays are sinners or less than others?

No. But overwhelming majority in Russia does - according to polls, most people support criminal persecution of homosexuals. If it depended on me alone, I would legalize not only same-sex marriages, but a lot of other currently illegal things that many people would disagree with me on. P-:

And that is why I would never travel to Russia. I steer clear away from Abrahamic theocracies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5