Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: The Official Pretty Cure Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
Im watching FPC and just saw the first episode and must say that I was very impressed. This is the only pretty cure that I like. BUT I MUST SAY THIS. not only does cure peach look a lot like sailor moon (not to mention they stole my design for Sunflower Candy) the transformation music sounds a lot like the DiC dub transformation music.
in the first episode you meet Love (yes thats her name) who is a goofy teenage japanese girl (not much different from our own Usagi) when she gets tickets to a concert the singer is attacked and love meets two animals who give her the ability to transform into cure peach.

Similarity with SM
Hairstyle
Love's personality

Difference
Plot
More combat than magic
Love is a bit braver than Usagi was at the beginning

Has anyone else seen this awesome magical girl show that should have had a second season.

Post subject: Re: Fresh Pretty Cure watch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm following Heartcatch Pretty Cure at the moment.

I really would like to catch up on the other series though.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am 
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
I'm following Heartcatch Pretty Cure at the moment.

I really would like to catch up on the other series though.

Heartcatch might be the only other one that I like but other than those 2 I hate the other 3 but I can tolerate Yes Pretty Cure 5. And why do the characters in splash star look so much like the original girls.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
i've never watched pretty cure before. but it seems interesting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 pm 
inactive
Who else thinks cure peach looks like a mixture of Princess Peach and Sailor Moon ^_^'
I also think this show is what Powerpuff Girls Z should have been.

Post subject: The Official Pretty Cure Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:06 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Here we can talk about the entire Pretty Cure franchise from the first series to the most recent spinoff so discuss away.

First off, here's some news for those who have been following the first series on YTV as it seems that the last 5 episodes have been set to air on Saturday, July 31st.

Source: YTV's TV schedule

Quote:
Pretty Cure Season 1 finale-Saturday July 31, 2pm-4:30pm, on YTV:
2:00pm- Choir Chaos (Episode 45)
2:30pm- A New Year Debacle (Episode 46)
3:00pm- The Dark Zone Expedition (Episode 47)
3:30pm- Evil vs Evil (Episode 48)
4:00pm- Fight for the Future (Episode 49, SEASON FINALE)

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Next step: Pushing those wussies n boots at Toei to release it all on DVD already. Again, i don't care if it was to be released bilingual, sub-only or even dub-only as i'd buy it all on release day without hesitation because it's awesome.

Post subject: Re: The Official Pretty Cure Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
No matter what, Pretty Cure is a Big Fat RIP OFF! Of Sailor Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
sasumiofjp wrote:
No matter what, Pretty Cure is a Big Fat RIP OFF! Of Sailor Moon

It's not originally, tho - it only looks like Sailor Moon in its later seasons. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've only watched a few episodes of the 1st season w/ was the only one local dub we had. I'm gonna search online on wiki and check some attacks and transformations on youtube.

Edit:
Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WpIrDP ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-NHr8d ... re=related

They look like OCs. Its good that there costumes don't look anything like Mai Otome.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:56 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Source: World Screen

Quote:
LOS ANGELES: Through a new agreement between Turner Entertainment Networks Asia and Toei Animation, the series Pretty Cure is to debut later this year on Cartoon Network in Australia and New Zealand.

ADVERTISEMENT Pretty Cure follows the adventures of two ordinary girls who encounter mysterious creatures from The Garden of Light and are chosen to battle an evil force called The Dark Zone. Cartoon Network will air 49 episodes of Pretty Cure across Australia and New Zealand.

“Pretty Cure is filled with original and dynamic characters, great story lines and non-stop adventure that is sure to provide hours of entertainment for kids in this vital market,” said Kanji Kazahaya, the president and COO of Toei.

Mark Eyers, the VP of content for Turner Entertainment Networks Asia, added, “We’re delighted to further expand our relationship with Toei Animation through the Pretty Cure series and we’re sure that this will complement our entertaining line up of kids programming.”

And yet the US fans are ignored once again. :evil:

WTF Toei, if the major networks aren't interested then why not make a deal with FUNimation to air it on their channel? Heck, you can make another deal with 4Kids but just to air your dub on their little Toonzai block and i'd rewatch it on there. This is getting ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:22 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Maybe it's due to the same reasons for the belated Sailor Moon comeback to the States? Pretty Cure is certainly a major thing, considering its immense popularity around East Asia. :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:42 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^That wouldn't make sense since it's been airing in Canada all of this time (and they share the same problem with Sailor Moon as here in the states).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:52 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:
That wouldn't make sense since it's been airing in Canada all of this time (and they share the same problem with Sailor Moon as here in the states).

Maybe those problems are more acute in the States than in Canada regarding Pretty Cure, then. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ Maybe it's due to the same reasons for the belated Sailor Moon comeback to the States? Pretty Cure is certainly a major thing, considering its immense popularity around East Asia. :wink:

We only got the 1st season of Pretty Cure but not that popular here. Unfortunately, the more popular ones are Naruto and Bleach and I don't think its gonna change.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:24 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
rgveda99 wrote:
Unfortunately, the more popular ones are Naruto and Bleach and I don't think its gonna change.

& still Dragon Ball Z (as Kai's recent ratings on Nicktoons have proven even for an edited show).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Though I haven't seen the other Precure series, Heartcatch isnt a bad series. The characters and designs look pretty cute :)

Im happy that Sailor Mercury's seiyuu is voicing a going-to-be-main character again. And she is doing serious characters AGAIN, and Im happy that she is doing an image song again after three years

Last edited by Maya on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maya-chan wrote:
Im happy that Sailor Mercury's seiyuu is voicing a going-to-be-main character again. And she is doing serious characters AGAIN, and Im happy that she is doing acharacter song again after three years

That doesn't deserve small font. :wink: Glad to hear about that. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
I have two Pretty Cure figures - Peach and Passion, if I have any knowledge of katakana.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm 
inactive
has the 2nd pretty cure allstar movie come out yet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 am 
inactive
@Rika - I was suppressing my mind of the hyperness

I also just want to say that Cure Moonlight's character design looks awsome!

The movie where the Cures get their Super forms hasn't come out yet either...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
Kendall112 wrote:
has the 2nd pretty cure allstar movie come out yet

Yes, it has. I wish the movie had been longer so the older teams could have had more screen time.

One of the things I like about Pretty Cure is it does not try and make a romance part of the battle between good and evil. Yes, the girls sometimes fall in love or get crushes, but that is secondary to the friendship theme. Every other magical girl series has a love interest plot for the main girl that takes over the series and of course the final battle almost always ties into it. I got tired of the filler in Futari Wa Pretty Cure, but so far I'm enjoying the filler of Heartcatch Pretty Cure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
VampirePaladin wrote:
One of the things I like about Pretty Cure is it does not try and make a romance part of the battle between good and evil. Yes, the girls sometimes fall in love or get crushes, but that is secondary to the friendship theme.

Guess that can be seen as a progress - girls are no longer depicted as so romance-centric, as there're other equally important, if not even more important, matters & goals in their life. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:49 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Source: ANN

Quote:
The English dub of the magical girl anime series Pretty Cure (Futari wa Pretty Cure) will be running on the Sky Digital Channels PopGirl and PopGirl +1 starting next Monday in the United Kingdom. The schedule is as follows for September 6:

•7:00 a.m. on PopGirl
•8:00 a.m. on PopGirl +1
•5:30 p.m. on PopGirl
•6:30 p.m. on PopGirl +1
•8:30 p.m. on PopGirl
•9:30 p.m. on PopGirl +1

The story centers on Natalie (Nagisa Misumi) and Hannah (Honoka Yukishiro), two schoolgirls with dissimilar interests who are bought together by two magical creatures from the Garden of Light. The creatures transform the girls into Cure Black and Cure White — the two halves of the Pretty Cure magical girl team.

*tries to hold back anger*

Congratulations you lucky brits. Perhaps there's some hope that Toei cares about you more than us here in the US after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:23 pm 
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
Source: [url=

Quote:
The English dub of the magical girl anime series Pretty Cure (Futari wa Pretty Cure) will be running on the Sky Digital Channels PopGirl and PopGirl +1 starting next Monday in the United Kingdom. The schedule is as follows for September 6:

•7:00 a.m. on PopGirl
•8:00 a.m. on PopGirl +1
•5:30 p.m. on PopGirl
•6:30 p.m. on PopGirl +1
•8:30 p.m. on PopGirl
•9:30 p.m. on PopGirl +1

The story centers on Natalie (Nagisa Misumi) and Hannah (Honoka Yukishiro), two schoolgirls with dissimilar interests who are bought together by two magical creatures from the Garden of Light. The creatures transform the girls into Cure Black and Cure White — the two halves of the Pretty Cure magical girl team.
I read that today. Popgirl has a lot of shows. Pretty Cure is their 2nd anime. The first is MEW MEW POWER (TOKYO MEW MEW) :lol:

*tries to hold back anger*

Congratulations you lucky brits. Perhaps there's some hope that Toei cares about you more than us here in the US after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Kendall112 wrote:
I read that today. Popgirl has a lot of shows. Pretty Cure is their 2nd anime. The first is MEW MEW POWER (TOKYO MEW MEW) :rantipole:

So then 4Kids still has Tokyo Mew Mew or was that long ago?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am 
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
Kendall112 wrote:
I read that today. Popgirl has a lot of shows. Pretty Cure is their 2nd anime. The first is MEW MEW POWER (TOKYO MEW MEW) :rantipole:

So then 4Kids still has Tokyo Mew Mew or was that long ago?

I believe it still airs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm 
inactive
Out of curiosity I watched the first episode of Fresh Precure...my overall impression that it wasn't that bad...but my view on the introduction was...'that I cringed'. Fresh did not struck me as what Heartcatch did to me, I do find first episodes very imporant; for me it determines wether I should watch more or not. Im going to try the other series soon...when I have time of course.

Speaking of last weeks HCPC episode
Quote:
OMFG! Potpourri is sooo adorable! And Yuri was awsome in that episode too, can't wait for more Yuri moments during the next few weeks to come

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Just look guys the nice figure I bought... cure passion :love:
Is she beautiful?

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Rakiko on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 pm 
inactive
[quote="Rakiko"]Just look guys the nice figure I bought... cure passion :love:
Is she beautiful?

[url=
I love it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:14 am 
inactive
Rakiko wrote:
Just look guys the nice figure I bought... cure passion :love:
Is she beautiful?

Nice :)

I remember from a site that she used to be in the bad side - Eas

But Cure Moonlight is better because she older and with her 3 years of experience as a Cure, she pwns bad guys and the other 3 current Cures - making Sunshine on the no.2 spot :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6iOHL9lkfY

But I have seen, both Moonlight and Passion are quite similar - also with Milky Rose - from what I have seen from forum discussion on the series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next