Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Pretty Cure Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:55 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Yeah, attacks in GoPri weren't that good. I don't really have a problem with 3D transformation (of course 2D is always better) as long as they have catchy music, good and interesting choreograhy (this is what Crystal failed to do).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MoonRaito wrote:
Yeah, attacks in GoPri weren't that good. I don't really have a problem with 3D transformation (of course 2D is always better) as long as they have catchy music, good and interesting choreograhy (this is what Crystal failed to do).

To GoPri's defense it had: a) some of the best hand to hand combat scenes since HeartCatch b) they eventually created 2D animated attack sequences anyway. It all depends on the quality of the CG models though... Crystal's 3D were so lame and looked like they came from a Dreamcast game.

I'm rewatching GoPri and it's... sooooo good. It's probably one of the better paced Precure series and the characters are all so likable. Really looking forward to the fact that GoPri's writer is doing A La Mode.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
The voice cast is revealed:
The fairy will be played by Mimete from Sailor Moon S - Mika Kanai :mrgreen:
All other are mostly new VAs and unknown to me:
Cure Whip - Miyama Karen
Cure Custard - Fukuhara Haruka
Cure Gelato - Muranaka Tomo
Cure Macaron - Fujita Saki
Cure Chocolat - Mori Nanako

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:14 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
There is finally a real PV! Yay :D Looks like the transformations are not in 3D after all. Animation looks amazing (little too sugary and more girly than the previous seasons, though). I'm so hyped for this season now!!!

I wonder why they showed all the girls' transformations :orly: Usually they show on PVs only scenes from the first episode. Maybe this time all girls will become Cures from the beginning?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like the designs better in motion than I expected. Voice cast is sounding nice so far too. Consider me hyped. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Still haven't even finished Mahoutsukai Precure (fell asleep about nine episodes in), but maybe I'll watch this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:49 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
I haven't finished MahouTsukai, either. I dropped it after they got their topaz transformation. It was kinda boring and Mirai was one of the most boring lead cures ever. Though, Riko was an interesting character (in the beginning).

Cure Whip ia going to be one of my favorite pink cures!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
Who are your favorite Cures?

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Who are your favorite Cures?

Hmm... my favorites are Cure Flora, Happy, Dream, Peach, Rhythm and Sunshine. I love pink and blonde cures :D
Who are yours?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:32 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Just watched the first episode (it was a Raw, no subs for now, sadly :sad: ) and I loved it!! It gave me Doremi vibes. The episode started with a flashback, just like in GoPri's first episode! Animation was just gorgeous :love: Very cute! I'm glad that the comedy is back because I kinda missed it in MahoGirls. Cure Whip's transformation was animated extremely well, but it was kinda slow. And the fight was pretty good, too. No fist fights, but the cream thing was interesting to watch it. The only drawback was the cooking sequence at the beginning. It was kind of off place to me and I didn't like that they used filmed (not animated) clips. Can't wait for the next episode!!! :D

I can swear that I have seen similar wands in Ojamajo Doremi
Attachment:
.png
.png [ 529.19 KiB | Viewed 1278 times ]

Last edited by MoonRaito on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MoonRaito wrote:
I can swear that I have seen similar wands in Ojamajo Doremi
[attachment].png[/attachment]

:wink: :

Attachments:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 139.53 KiB | Viewed 1247 times ]

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:33 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Thanks for the pic :) I quess I was right :happy: It's funny how people thought MahoTsukai would be like Doremi but Kirakira turned out to be more like it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:49 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Now that the subs are out, I got around to watching the first episode. A promising start! The characters are likable so far, and I'm loving the art direction/music. Looking forward to meeting the rest of the Cures in the coming weeks. The debut I'm most excited for is Cure Chocolat. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
what did you guys think of the other episodes of kirakira pretty cure a la mode. i love it :) :happy: :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
^It's quite enjoyable for now. This season is definitely targeted towards younger audience (Precure has always been a kids show but some seasons seem to be darker than others). Characters are interesting. The only thing that I don't like are the fights. Somehow they seem too slow and not dynamic enough. Even without fists, they could have done better fights. Can't wait for Cure Macaron this week :love:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
My biggest issue so far is it seems like the animation is of lower quality than previous seasons. I know I should expect as much from modern Toei but I always thought they put more effort into Pretty Cure over other shows? Aoi's transformation is the only one that's really impressed me so far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:41 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
This season keeps getting better with each episode!! The more characters are introduced, the more enjoyable it gets. Yukari is such an interesting character, she is already one of the my favorite Cures. Seeing everyone interact with her was very interesting. This was definitely the best episode so far. I really can't wait for the next episode. Looks like Ichika is going to have a little crush on Akira :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm loving Yukari. I like how cat-like her personality is, and I love her transformation sequence. Her voice reminds me a lot of Neptune's, too.

Can't wait to see Akira. I already liked the brief snippet we got, and love her design.

MoonRaito wrote:
Looks like Ichika is going to have a little crush on Akira :D

Gives me Sailor Moon S vibes. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:03 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Gives me Sailor Moon S vibes. :D

Just finished watching the latest KiraKira Precure episode. Akira/Cure Chocolat strongly reminded me of Haruka from the moment I saw the OP. Heck, even the episode itself has many similarities with Haruka's introduction episode. But how Ichika didn't realize Akira's a girl even when she became Cure Chocolat in front of her is beyond me... Although the transformation and the outfit was kinda "princey" I quess...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I thought KiraKira would be awesome at first but now I see that it's not the best.

I don't hate it. I think the designs are some of the most original but.. the episodes:

* Barely any fighting action!! :( Just throwing frosting whips all over the place.
* Even the episodes themselves I don't find unique or impactful. I think it's usually the same "I'll bake this treat for [whoever] because they are inspirational and I don't want them to give up."

I love Cure Chocolat though. Major Sailor Uranus vibes.

I also think it's disappointing how there's no green. It's like they think it's an ugly color. Even the sixth leaked cure, Cure Parfait is going to have pink hair, not green. :unsure: :unsure:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:11 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
saturncrystalkiss wrote:
I don't hate it. I think the designs are some of the most original but.. the episodes:

* Barely any fighting action!! :( Just throwing frosting whips all over the place.

I miss the good old badass fights, too but the last 2 episodes had very cool fight scenes.

saturncrystalkiss wrote:
* Even the episodes themselves I don't find unique or impactful. I think it's usually the same "I'll bake this treat for [whoever] because they are inspirational and I don't want them to give up."

The episodes may seem very repetitive for now but that is because we don't know anything about the story yet. Who exactly are they fighting? Where does Pekorin come from? Who is that blue haired girl from the opening? etc.
So far we got only character introducing episodes.

About the last episode:
This episode reminded me of Heartcatch when Tsubomi got a crush on Itsuki. Another similarity - Itsuki has a sick brother and Akira has a sick sister. It was overall a good episode. I wonder if Ichika's crush is completely gone now that she has found out that Akira is a girl?
Cure Chocolat's transformation is really one of the best in the entire franchise :ohmy:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:55 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Well, well, well. Looks like Glitter Force isn't done just yet: https://www.linkedin.com/in/noam-kaniel-95619232

It would Season 3 is 30 episodes. Hopefully, Season 4 will be 19 or 20 episodes so as not to skip any.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Didn't they announce before they were going to dub Suite after they dubbed Smile?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:19 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Neon Genesis wrote:
Didn't they announce before they were going to dub Suite after they dubbed Smile?

Really? Care to share with the rest of the class?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:37 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTtICG9BVCZ/

Dokidoki Glitter Force confirmed.....

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:56 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTtICG9BVCZ/

Dokidoki Glitter Force confirmed.....

Though I was hoping on Suite, I personally liked Doki Doki from what I saw of it way back in the day. I don't remember much but I felt it was a bit underrated in my opinion.

Though if they're going forward rather than backwards, I'm actually surprised Toei didn't ask them to do GoPri instead given how it was more well received.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I've never seen Doki Doki but I guess this means Glitter Force was a big success for Saban if they're going through with dubbing more. I'm not a big fan of the Glitter Force dub but I'm glad to see magical girl anime doing well in the U.S. finally as it seems like most previous attempts always failed to take off like Tokyo Mew Mew and Doremi. I hope Saban will start investing in some Glitter Force merchandise and home video rights too.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:47 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Neon Genesis wrote:
I've never seen Doki Doki but I guess this means Glitter Force was a big success for Saban if they're going through with dubbing more.

Where did you find that word about Suite being dubbed? I'd like to check it's validness.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I don't have the article on me right now but it was a Livejournal post I read way back when Glitter Force was still known as Gangam Girls. We didn't know what it was going to be for sure back then but Saban's description at the time mentioned a musical theme so there was speculation it could be Suite.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Neon Genesis wrote:
I don't have the article on me right now but it was a Livejournal post I read way back when Glitter Force was still known as Gangam Girls. We didn't know what it was going to be for sure back then but Saban's description at the time mentioned a musical theme so there was speculation it could be Suite.

So I'm guessing they were deciding between Suite and Smile as their first ones. Well, at least they didn't go with Gangnam Girls. Christ, what a mess that'd be...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next