Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Pretty Cure Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:36 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
UsaRose wrote:
I wonder if they're gonna reveal the rest of the voice cast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadCoGRkVag

Going by the trailer, Laura Bailey's Miyuki "Emily" Hoshizora and Veronica Taylor's Yayoi "Lily" Kise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Alright reading some of these comments ,at the Youtube trailer. I'm like can some of these fan 's calm down? i mean its okay to be disapionted,but rely? The voice acting complaining to deep sound 19 year's old?They don't sound like 19 year old's,they sound like American kids. Okay so what there voices are not as high in the original? As long as they can act,I think we can live? Honestly can we just watched an episode,before we get our pitchforks. Beside this dub is not going to replace smile Precure. If this is not good,you still have the subbed version?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^^^

Yeah, the whole melodramatics of sub vs. dub arguments don't anger me so much as make me go, "Well, here we go again..." :|

That said, I'd say this dub might be worth the watch considering the cast we know of thus far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Yeah, it's nothing new. I will say though, it is unbelievable just how far-fetched of complaints people will come up with regarding voices. :P

imaginationgirl wrote:
Beside this dub is not going to replace smile Precure. If this is not good,you still have the subbed version?

Fansubbed anyway. No legal subs at the moment, but it's possible the series finally getting dubbed could lead to that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
https://twitter.com/PrecureJunkie/statu ... 5207666690

I know they voiced characters in other anime together but I find it pretty ironic that both of this decade's Tails' VAs are in this and if they voiced two of the cures then that would be even better.

The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Yeah, it's nothing new. I will say though, it is unbelievable just how far-fetched of complaints people will come up with regarding voices. :P

Reminds me of a certain other anime. :P

Quote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Beside this dub is not going to replace smile Precure. If this is not good,you still have the subbed version?

Fansubbed anyway. No legal subs at the moment, but it's possible the series finally getting dubbed could lead to that.

That depends, not counting Netflix but if the dub ever comes out on DVD then we'll need to know who is handling that. If it's Cinedigm like with Digimon Fusion (& Data Squad which unlike the others was also through Saban) then there won't be any sub release because that company is incompetent & has a terrible track record with most anime they get.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:17 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I believe Crunchyroll has subbed episodes of Xros Wars.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:49 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
matt0044 wrote:
I believe Crunchyroll has subbed episodes of Xros Wars.

Crunchyroll got Xros Wars from Toei in 2011 while the Hunters season was airing and Saban got the full license along with Adventure-Savers in 2012 months after the show had finished. Had Saban gotten it earlier, like around the same time they got Power Rangers back (2010), those streams would have not been happening plus if you also noticed, Toei's old sub streams for Adventure 02 & Tamers had disappeared recently from Crunchyroll, Hulu and everywhere else that had them (along with first Adventure that was only on Netflix) & replaced by only the dubbed episodes now from Cinedigm. It hasn't happened with Xros Wars yet but then again, that was a separate deal directly from Toei and that show probably will be gone once that deal expires.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:10 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
So I just finished watching the first episode. Figured since I've seen it both subbed and dubbed, I might as well make note of a few things.

-No title card sequence. The opening scene just plays with the episode's English title added to the bottom left corner. Speaking of which...
-The opening scene in the dub is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than the Japanese episode. Saban's dub starts with Emily in her room asleep, and they have a whole dream montage of all the girls together in their Glitter Force forms. Emily remembers the dream when she goes to school to meet the girls too. We even get a flashback of each girl's Glitter Force form during their introduction.
-There's another changed scene too, when Emily goes into the magical library. Emily picks up a book, and unlike the original version, it actually starts to talk. It goes on a whole exposition about all the other girls she's going to have to meet, talks about the bad guys, etc. Kind of reminded me of DiC's addition to the first episode of Sailor Moon.
-No commercial bumpers or next episode previews, but that's no real surprise.
-Emily talked a lot during her transformation, unlike the Japanese version.
-They actually use the Japanese ending song animation, but it's a different English song playing for the dub. After that they have the English credits, but no voice cast cast list is given. Then the Toei and Saban logos play, and the last few seconds are the voice cast list for some of the foreign dubs.
-Speaking of the foreign dubs, French, German, Italian and Spanish audio is also available. No Japanese audio though.

Aside from those two big added scenes, it's not that different despite the different terminology. (one of which was Shadow Realm, which reminded me of the 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh! dub, hahaha) There are some dialogue changes/additions, but nothing too major. And the score is entirely different, with next to no silences. No real stand out tracks yet, but it is probably one of the better dub replacement scores I've heard.

NJ_ wrote:
That depends, not counting Netflix but if the dub ever comes out on DVD then we'll need to know who is handling that. If it's Cinedigm like with Digimon Fusion (& Data Squad which unlike the others was also through Saban) then there won't be any sub release because that company is incompetent & has a terrible track record with most anime they get.

Oh yeah, I wasn't expecting it on the DVDs, bar a miracle. I was more of expecting it from something like Crunchyroll, but sounds like the odds of that aren't good either.

Last edited by The Blizzard Prince on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Interesting. No cut scenes... but added ones instead. Never saw that coming. Better addition than subtraction, I always say. :tongue:

Personally, I liked it. Though some scenes seemed dimmer than the original. Did Toei do that? I know Digimon Fusion had some redone animation compared to XW.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:34 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

Emily/Glitter Lucky (Miyuki/Cure Happy) - Laura Bailey (source)
Chloe/Glitter Breeze (Reika/Cure Beauty) - Kate Higgins (sources 1, 2 & 3)
Kelsey/Glitter Sunny (Akane/Cure Sunny) - Colleen O'Shaughnessey (source)
April/Glitter Spring (Nao/Cure March) - "Danielle Nicole" (source in previous page)
Candy - Debi Derryberry (source in previous page)

It's probably safe to assume that "Alex Cazares" voices Lily/Glitter Peace (Yayoi/Cure Peace) but we don't know who this person is so either she's new or another alias.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I figured Breeze/Beauty was Kate Higgins. Funny this is her second magical girl she's played with ice powers.

NJ_ wrote:
It's probably safe to assume that "Alex Cazares" voices Lily/Glitter Peace (Yayoi/Cure Peace) but we don't know who this person is so either she's new or another alias.

A lot of people on Youtube had been guessing she was Veronica Taylor, but I think she's a different actress altogether. She has her own unique voice123 account, but that's all I've been able to find.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/Divinenega/status/6 ... 3696782336

Todd Haberkorn confirmed as Pop, the other mascot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:26 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/Divinenega/status/678341253696782336

Todd Haberkorn confirmed as Pop, the other mascot.

Boy, this guy sure gets around.

Guess Jaedite's found work in the Magical Girls Genre. :-P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:12 am 
Planeta
Planeta
And Kate Higgins has lead roles in TWO magical girl series. Lets hope she completes her role in at least one without dropping out for whatever reason.

Also not sure why there would be any aliases since this appears to be union with Colleen O'Shaughnessy and Debi Derryberry credited under their real names.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:54 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://prettycureforum.com/thread/571/g ... orce-edits

Looks like someone made a list of edits and here's something interesting.

Quote:
Ending themes:

- There were originally two ending themes used across the 48 episodes of Smile Precure! The first one is "Yay! Yay! Yay!" and the second one is "Mankai Smile!" both by Hitomi Yoshida. For the first 20 episodes of Glitter Force, this is changed to 5 different ending themes. Both of the original endings are about 1 min. 30 sec. and the Glitter Force endings are all about 1 min. long.

- The first ending theme in Glitter Force (used from episodes 1-4) is "Wake Up Shake Up" by BLUSH. It uses clips from the second Smile Precure! ending theme "Mankai Smile!." They use only use clips from the Cure Happy version of it. But they cut out the clip showing the plate full of strawberries in front of Cure Peace and Cure Happy. So the flashing empty plate in front of Cure Happy (Lucky) doesn't make as much sense in Glitter Force.

Comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKBfRs1MoI
https://youtu.be/QvuFDbJf0yo?t=33s

Quote:
- The second ending theme in Glitter Force (used from episodes 5-8) is "What we Need" by BLUSH. It uses clips from the first Smile Precure! ending theme "Yay! Yay! Yay!" They used the Cure Happy version. The text of the Cure's names shown in the background are removed.

Comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5duakQ4bQJM
https://vimeo.com/149441174

Quote:
- The third ending theme in Glitter Force (used from episodes 9-12) is "Run (All Together)" by BLUSH. This is an original ending and doesn't use any clips from Smile Precure!

https://vimeo.com/149441249

Quote:
- The forth ending theme in Glitter Force (used from episodes 13-16) is "All Stars" by BLUSH. This is an original ending and doesn't use any clips from Smile Precure!

https://vimeo.com/149441285

Quote:
- The fifth ending theme in Glitter Force (used from episodes 17-20) is "Believe in You" by BLUSH. This is an original ending and doesn't use any clips from Smile Precure!

https://vimeo.com/149441349

So weird that they went out of their way to make their own CG dance videos and more than one too which has me wondering if they made more for episodes 21-40?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm pleasantly surprised by Glitter Force as a dub. It has its cons but the pros more than make up for it. Laura Bailey as Emily/Miyuki couldn't have been any more perfect for one thing and Alex Cavares as Lily/Yayoi makes for the most adorable sweetie pie (seriously, it's like if Fluttershy was somehow able to get even cuter).

Though the way the Kyoto Field Trip was localized could've been better. Like okay, Rainbow Hills in now in America. Why not say they took a plane to Japan and then a Train to Kyoto? Is an Asia Pacific Expo even a thing (just curious)?

Also I'd have them retain their Japanese surnames like Digimon's human cast did.

P.S. I wonder if they can stream the skipped episodes on YouTube. It'd be an interesting way to market the show...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
There are a bunch of other dubs out: Latin-American Spanish, Spaniard Spanish, French, Danish, Portuguese, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
UsaRose wrote:
There are a bunch of other dubs out: Latin-American Spanish, Spaniard Spanish, French, Danish, Portuguese, etc.

It'd be hilarious if they used the original Japanese audio but edited to match Glitter Force more. XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
UsaRose wrote:

And other dubs in Asia, too - the franchise is a global phenomenon, just like Sailor Moon. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:50 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
From my understanding, all the dubs included on Netflix were dubbed from Saban's version, rather than the original Japanese. It's impressive to premiere them all at the same time like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
So...now that half of the series is out, what does everyone think of Glitter Force so far? I haven't seen the dub myself, but I've heard people complain about and praise it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:09 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
UsaRose wrote:
So...now that half of the series is out, what does everyone think of Glitter Force so far? I haven't seen the dub myself, but I've heard people complain about and praise it.

Saw the first episode last night. The bad: pushing itself to be a DiC Sailor Moon clone and using a prothetic dream that showcases the last episodes of PreCure.
The good: They used the 3D animation song from the original ending.

Still, it sucks they think girly things needs to be ridiculously easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:45 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Yinggirl wrote:
Saw the first episode last night. The bad: pushing itself to be a DiC Sailor Moon clone and using a prothetic dream that showcases the last episodes of PreCure.
The good: They used the 3D animation song from the original ending.

Still, it sucks they think girly things needs to be ridiculously easy.

Unlike DiC, THEY DIDN'T FLAT OUT SPOIL MAJOR PLOT POINTS FROM FUTURE EPISODE. Yeah, they reveal Princess Mode a tad earlier than they should've but at least we don't know the context of how they get it.

So yeah, they pulled a DiC but they actually made it work surprisingly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
UsaRose wrote:

My vote is just watched the dub yourself,and see what you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Surprised no one here is talking about the new Maho Girls Precure trailer. The henshin looks pretty good (if we could only get something as nicely animated as this with Crystal).

I kind of fell out of the Precure bandwagon after Smile, but Princess Precure looks pretty amazing from the few animated scenes I've seen and this new series looks like a huge shake-up of the Precure concept with the girls attending a magic school in another world.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm so excited for Maho Girls Precure. It's going to be the first series I follow as it airs in Japan. :D

Post subject: Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I just got into this Pretty Cure series, but I have read that this anime series has various installments? Like it's latest one is it's thirteenth in the series. So what does that really mean? Why is each series different? I don't get it. Shouldn't it be like any other anime, like Pokemon has its variations of series, but it uses the same characters, this Pretty Cure series, has a new series with new characters, but why? I have been watching the English dub of the Glitter Force, which is a part of the Pretty Cure series.

Post subject: Re: Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
no idea. Probably to confuse newcomers.

Post subject: Re: Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
napy666 wrote:
I just got into this Pretty Cure series, but I have read that this anime series has various installments? Like it's latest one is it's thirteenth in the series. So what does that really mean? Why is each series different? I don't get it. Shouldn't it be like any other anime, like Pokemon has its variations of series, but it uses the same characters, this Pretty Cure series, has a new series with new characters, but why? I have been watching the English dub of the Glitter Force, which is a part of the Pretty Cure series.

Its a marketing strategy,since Pre cure was successful. Thinking making any original magical girl anime,part f franchise .Will boost up its chance to become successful as well. Also a few seasons are sequel to others.

Post subject: Precure
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Which Precure series have you seen/currently watching?
I'm currently watching Smile Precure, Doki Doki Precure,
and Maho Girls Precure (my favorite so far).

Attachments:
77818.jpg
77818.jpg [ 64.35 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next