* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Funimation has rescued Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:46 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Quote:
North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced at its panel at Otakon on Saturday that it will release Shinichiro Watanabe and Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop television anime series digitally and on Blu-ray Disc for the first time in North America. Funimation plans to release the series in 2014. Additionally, the company announced that it has licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously licensed:

Outlaw Star
Escaflowne: The Movie
The Vision of Escaflowne
My-HiME
My-Otome
My-Otome 0~S.ifr~
My-Otome Zwei

Sunrise producer Masayuki Ozaki had revealed in May that the company was in talks with Sentai Filmworks and Funimation to distribute former Bandai Entertainment titles.

Sunrise had announced earlier in the day that Funimation has also licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously released in North America: Tales of the Abyss, Witch Hunter Robin, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, Angel Links, Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, and Passage of the Stars - Birth. Sunrise also announced that Funimation has the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled video anime series.

Funimation also announced that it has licensed the rest of the Fairy Tail television anime that is currently in existence (up to episode 175), and revealed that Wolf Children will ship on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on November 12.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... -star-more

Post subject: Re: Funimation has rescued Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Glad for Code Geass (including Akito) & My-HiME (not Otome), if they release the Blu-rays for those then I'll be sure to double-dip.

As for Escaflowne, if they handle the early episodes' deleted scenes well then I might pick it up.

As for the rest, Cowboy Bebop's a maybe, not interested in the others though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Awesome i kinda figured funimation would get code geass, escaflowne & my hime & i'm excited for angel links & witch hunter robin not too sure about the others but hey i'm glad we can buy them again, it would be nice if funimation could rescue galaxy angel even though its not a sunrise title i would love to see that saved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:55 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If Escaflowne is being released on Blu-ray, I might be tempted, but I still hope Anime Limited will license it for the UK.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
animenerd99 wrote:
it would be nice if funimation could rescue galaxy angel even though its not a sunrise title i would love to see that saved

Galaxy Angel might be a problem because of two issues.

Galaxy Angel X - When Bandai Entertainment had this season, they only had Ocean dub the first 4 episodes (8 mini-episodes technically) for the first disc and then they stopped and released the show in a complete set with discs 2 & 3 subbed only. This was intentional too because as Bandai's president & CEO, Ken Iyadomi, confirmed at San Diego Comic Con in 2008 (source), the rest of Galaxy Angel didn't sell well enough.

Galaxy Angel Rune - This was released here by Bandai Visual USA (a different Bandai who is also dead for those unaware) and because it was released here at the same time as Japan, it was never dubbed and was released at insane prices ($20 for one episode on Volume 1, $50 each for 4 episodes on volumes 2-4) so nobody bought it because of the prices and the fact that Rune itself supposedly wasn't a good series compared to all seasons of the original.

It would probably would be too risky for FUNi to get Galaxy Angel because of the undubbed parts of the anime and the fear that they might not sell even if they did get Ocean back for the rest of X (Rune has a different cast so an in-house dub would be necessary). Our best bets to rescue these would probably be Sentai, Maiden Japan or Discotek since they have also picked up a lot of Bandai Visual titles lately so there is some hope.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:45 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection (DVD) - 650 minutes - $49.98 (Retail) - 12/16/14
•Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $59.98 (Retail) - 12/16/14
•Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Amazon Exclusive) - 650 minutes - $99.98 (Retail) - 12/16/14
◦Limited Edition clamshell art box
◦140 page black and white art book featuring early concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop’s origins
◦48 page vibrant, full-color art book
•Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (FUNimation Exclusive) - 650 minutes - $89.98 (Retail) - 12/16/14
◦Exclusive tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
◦Display easel
◦Four exclusive art cards
◦One additional exclusive art card with foil-stamp autograph from series director Shinichiro Watanabe

FUNimation e-mail newsletter wrote:
•DVD Extras (160 minutes)/Blu-ray Extras (227 minutes):
◦Session #1 Audio Commentary with Koichi Yamadera (Spike) and Unshou Ishizuka (Jet)
◦Session #5 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
◦Session #10 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
◦Session #17 Audio Commentary with Director Shinichiro Watanabe and Composer Yoko Kanno
◦Session #24 Audio Commentary with Megumi Hayashibara (Faye) and Aoi Tada (Ed)
◦Cowboy Bebop Session #0
◦Interview with Wendee Lee (English Voice of Faye Valentine)
◦Interview with Cartoon Network Producer Sean Akins
◦Original Opening Song
◦Textless Opening Song
◦Original Closing Song
◦Textless Closing Song
◦Original Closing Song Ep. 13
◦Textless Closing Song Ep. 13
◦Original Closing Song Ep. 26
◦Textless Closing Song Ep. 26
◦U.S. Trailer
◦Trailers
◦Ein's Summer Vacation
◦"Tank!" Full-Size Music Clip
◦"Tank!" Club Remix Music Clip -UK Version-
◦Memo from Bebop: The Dub Sessions Remembered - a brand new 95-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop as they give you the behind-the-scenes stories about recording this seminal series.
◦Dinner Aboard the Bebop - a brand new 68-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop reunited for dinner, drinks, and a very special script reading! (Blu-ray-only)

(new extras are in bold)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
And the packaging is now revealed.

FUNimation Store LE BD/DVD:

Amazon LE BD/DVD:

RE BD & DVD:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:05 pm 
Luna
Luna
Looks like Funimation is finally releasing Outlaw Star on June 13th.
Quote:
Special Features
Pilot Video
Trailer
Commercial Collection
Textless Opening & Closing Songs
Trailers

Collector's Edition
https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/the-complete-series-bddvd-combo-collectors-edition-bld-00513/

Regular Edition
https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/the-complete-series-bddvd-combo-bld-00512/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:34 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Not looking forward to seeing how they botch this one (see Haruhi, Code Geass & Escaflowne post-Kickstarter) and I question why they didn't push for Angel Links to be included with the CE because that spinoff was awful with a bad dub (and I say this as a fan of Blue Water, this particular dub was very bad) and releasing it separately would not help them at all.

Anyway, the Anime Limited set has been out for months and from reports I've read, it looks excellent (as expected from Justin Sevakis video-wise) so if you guys have a region-free Blu-ray player, buy that instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Outlaw Star full packaging shot.
Attachment:
C7oe4e2VsAAWNAi.jpg
C7oe4e2VsAAWNAi.jpg [ 52.17 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]