Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
With the upcomming release of the much anticipated Pokemon X and Y, I wanted to have a place to talk about it, and other Pokemon related things.

What is your choice for a starter in X and Y? I'm picking Fennikin, as its soo cute, and I like fire type pokemon. Let's just hope its not going to turn out to be another fighting/fire type. ^_^'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 29, 2012
Posts: 1721
Location: Beacon Academy
Gender: Female
Fennikin all the way! :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Yay!! Another fennikin fan!!

Fennikin just reminds me so much of my ultimately favorite pokemon, vulpix, that I just have to pick it as my starter.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
If I were to get Pokemon Y, the starter I would choose would have to be the fastest of the three and has good movepool to it. Not sure which is the fastest for now but I'm keeping on the lookout for more info.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1119
Location: hell
Gender: Female
Other: Persona User
The starter I'm choosing will probably be either Fennekin or Chespin.

_________________
Image
_____

I am most certainly in the mood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Shadow Derpy Hooves wrote:
If I were to get Pokemon Y, the starter I would choose would have to be the fastest of the three and has good movepool to it. Not sure which is the fastest for now but I'm keeping on the lookout for more info.


Fennikin, being a fox pokemon, and one based of the fennec fox, looks to be fastest. However, one cannot simply judge speed on looks alone. :o

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 16300
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
I'm getting the Fenniken as well, unless I can find a Growlithe.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
UsagiChan528 wrote:
Shadow Derpy Hooves wrote:
If I were to get Pokemon Y, the starter I would choose would have to be the fastest of the three and has good movepool to it. Not sure which is the fastest for now but I'm keeping on the lookout for more info.


Fennikin, being a fox pokemon, and one based of the fennec fox, looks to be fastest. However, one cannot simply judge speed on looks alone. :o

We have the following fastest starters in each gen:
1: Charizard
2: Typhlosion
3: Sceptile
4: Infernape
5: Serperior
6: ??

Maybe you're right. Probably Gamefreak love fire types to be the fastest while the grass types are close. Would be great to see a fastest water starter for once.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Well, I am no psychic, but my money's definitely on Fennikin for being the fastest. ;)

I can't wait to test out where I can ride Gogoat and its pre-evolutionary form, Skiddo. It'll be exciting to be able to ride a pokemon in game for once. I also can't wait to find out how to get Sylveon. Its my new favorite eeveeloution, right after Espeon. I also want a Flabebe, which I am hoping comes with different colored flowers, and maybe a Vivillon.

Can't you tell I am already going nuts for the Fairy type? :lol: :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
Many people hate the idea that Fairy is a type and including the name too. I can't understand them but I'm excited that Fairy is a new type and it can bring some balance against many overpowered Dragons in the game. I really can't wait to see what old pokemons are getting a Fairy typing on them.

I also wonder which pokemons are getting the Mega forms.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
I would kill to see a mega Pacharisu!! XD

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
UsagiChan528 wrote:
I would kill to see a mega Pacharisu!! XD

I would do almost anything to get a 3DS so that I could get Pokemon Y :sad:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
I already have one!! :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Take this full Gen 6 lists as a grain of salt. Maybe it's fake or maybe it's true but I have to admit I like some that I see.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 46 months ago
inactive
Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 15
Shadow Derpy Hooves wrote:
I would do almost anything to get a 3DS so that I could get Pokemon Y :sad:

If you had the money, would you get a Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or a Nintendo 2DS? Also, there will be a "Torchic Distribution" event for the Nintendo 3DS; the Torchic from the event has a special ability that no wild Torchic will have in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y; that ability is Speed Boost, its speed will increase after every turn. The Torchic also comes with a mega stone so it can become Mega Blaziken.I feel bad that you do not have a Nintendo 3DS because the event will only last until somewhere into January 2014 and it will start the day that Pokémon X or Pokémon Y come out.

As for what starter Pokémon I will get, I am not sure what I want. They all look great in some way, I wish I could just have all three, I really do. I'm getting Pokémon X, then I have plans to possibly get Pokémon Y in December.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
I dislike their events so much unless the events I missed can return back possibly monthly. I'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL since I enjoy having a bigger handheld but the 2DS is just not for me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
Starters 2nd evolution
http://serebii.net/corocoro9139.jpg

Mega Mewtwo X - Psychic/Fighting (The Mewtwo with the tail on its head is Mega Mewtwo Y) *Version exclusive*
http://serebii.net/corocoro9133.jpg

Mega Garchomp
http://serebii.net/corocoro9134.jpg

New Gen 6 pokemon
http://serebii.net/corocoro9137.jpg
http://serebii.net/pyroar.jpg
http://serebii.net/pyroar2.jpg

Fairy types can hurt Fighting, Dark, and Dragon *Super Effective*, it can't hurt Fire, Poison, and Steel *Not Very Effective*. Fairy is weak against Poison and Steel while it can resist Fighting, Dark, and Bug. Fairy types are immune against Dragon types


I almost think that the water starter might be the fastest but I won't hold my breath on that just yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 46 months ago
inactive
Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 15
I was originally going to pick Chespin and although I do not dislike its first evolution in the same way others seem to, I am leaning more towards either Fennekin or Froakie at this point as I like their first evolutions more. I am very excited for the Pokémon Amaura and I was interested in Tyrunt previously before I found out they were both fossil based Pokémon and that I could only have one; I simply favor Amaura much more, but I am sure many will prefer Tyrunt over Amaura.

I am liking Froakie's first evolution more and more, but I am waiting to see the second and mega evolutions for the three starters before I come to a final decision. I will be getting Pokémon Y later on, as it has exclusives I want and I am interested in collecting. Even though I am male, I tend to prefer the female trainer's character design for Pokémon video games, so I will go with a female trainer; I tend to prefer female characters anyways and I am looking forward to the Pokémon trainer customization. I wonder if Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will have shiny Pokémon; an Amaura shiny Pokémon would probably be amazing. As for the Kanto starter Pokémon, I am having difficulties choosing based on the mega evolutions; but I will either pick Charmander or Squirtle, but I am leaning more toward Squirtle at this point and I do not mind having two water type starters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 07, 2011
Posts: 3863
Location: Petting Taiga-sama
I'm picking up X. I could care less about the legendary Pokemon exclusives, but I am loving that Mewtwo X evolution. I'll probably pick up Y later, probably the one on E-bay that have been filled with shiny Pokemon.

My main question with the starters is, if I choose a fire type, does that mean I can't get the Kanto fire type starter as well. From what I've read, you get two starters in this game, the new ones, and either Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle. I'm loving that Ultra Charizard design, so I'd rather pick Froakie as a starter if it means I could get a Charmander as a starter as well. I'd be surprised if the game would allow you to get two of the same types as your starter.

_________________
Please visit my Sailor Moon Gallery! Small Lady/Pegasus cels added in February!


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 831
Gender: Male
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
セーラームーン wrote:
I was originally going to pick Chespin and although I do not dislike its first evolution in the same way others seem to, I am leaning more towards either Fennekin or Froakie at this point as I like their first evolutions more. I am very excited for the Pokémon Amaura and I was interested in Tyrunt previously before I found out they were both fossil based Pokémon and that I could only have one; I simply favor Amaura much more, but I am sure many will prefer Tyrunt over Amaura.

I am liking Froakie's first evolution more and more, but I am waiting to see the second and mega evolutions for the three starters before I come to a final decision. I will be getting Pokémon Y later on, as it has exclusives I want and I am interested in collecting. Even though I am male, I tend to prefer the female trainer's character design for Pokémon video games, so I will go with a female trainer; I tend to prefer female characters anyways and I am looking forward to the Pokémon trainer customization. I wonder if Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will have shiny Pokémon; an Amaura shiny Pokémon would probably be amazing. As for the Kanto starter Pokémon, I am having difficulties choosing based on the mega evolutions; but I will either pick Charmander or Squirtle, but I am leaning more toward Squirtle at this point and I do not mind having two water type starters.

You and I are extremely alike. It just that I have nothing against Grass type starters but the Fire and Water starters are better this time around, mainly water. I like Amaura cause it opens up possiblities with its new ability with it oddly unique typing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
I just hope to all that is holy that Fenniken and its evolved form, Braixen, aren't fire/fighting types. We've had quite enough of those kinds of starters for quite a while. :|

I quite like that you can customize your character to more resmeble you, or whomever you'd like him/her to look like. I am looking forward to doing that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 04, 2013
Posts: 816
Location: In the land of Netflix
Gender: I am a dude
UsagiChan528 wrote:
I just hope to all that is holy that Fenniken and its evolved form, Braixen, aren't fire/fighting types. We've had quite enough of those kinds of starters for quite a while. :|

I quite like that you can customize your character to more resmeble you, or whomever you'd like him/her to look like. I am looking forward to doing that.

I feel like it will be Fire/Fairy Type...its got a hint of sass to it if you know what I mean.

I liked Chespin but don't like its evolution..hoping the final one will be cooler.

_________________
I'm more of a lurker nowadays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Shiro Darklight wrote:
UsagiChan528 wrote:
I just hope to all that is holy that Fenniken and its evolved form, Braixen, aren't fire/fighting types. We've had quite enough of those kinds of starters for quite a while. :|

I quite like that you can customize your character to more resmeble you, or whomever you'd like him/her to look like. I am looking forward to doing that.

I feel like it will be Fire/Fairy Type...its got a hint of sass to it if you know what I mean.

I liked Chespin but don't like its evolution..hoping the final one will be cooler.


Yay!! I am very much liking the fairy type, and would love for my favorite starter to be one as it evolves.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 46 months ago
inactive
Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 15
I am liking Amaura's evolution into Aurorus, it looks wonderful. I am also liking Tyrunt's evolution into Tyrantrum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 17, 2012
Posts: 898
I'm probably going to go with Charmander and Froakie. Charmander is still my favourite starter and will come in handy against my rival.

I'm loving the simultaneous release, less of a wait and less is spoiled before we play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:51 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 12, 2011
Posts: 2000
Location: On the bridge of the USS Enterprise-A
I think fairy is a cool type....now I can train a Jigglypuff to eat dragons!

_________________
http://zhortac.deviantart.com/

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Zhortac wrote:
I think fairy is a cool type....now I can train a Jigglypuff to eat dragons!


I can just see a Jigglypuff eating a Dragonite all Kirby like, then gaining the abilities of said Dragonite. XD

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 2941
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
I made a countdown to the 12th!! :D

http://itsalmo.st/#october12th

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1119
Location: hell
Gender: Female
Other: Persona User
UsagiChan528 wrote:
Zhortac wrote:
I think fairy is a cool type....now I can train a Jigglypuff to eat dragons!


I can just see a Jigglypuff eating a Dragonite all Kirby like, then gaining the abilities of said Dragonite. XD

Jigglypuff and Kirby, eating buddies.

_________________
Image
_____

I am most certainly in the mood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The *NEW* Official Pokemon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 12, 2011
Posts: 2000
Location: On the bridge of the USS Enterprise-A
Charizard X....welcome to the club of "going to get decimated by Jigglypuff" :P

_________________
http://zhortac.deviantart.com/

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: rgveda99, TheWinterSoldier91 and 10 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator