Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bitten by Chibiusa forum member resurrection thread.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
Fine, they should be required to take a test to get in. I'm surprised that the moths don't take tests.

On what, algebra?

Math, don't mention math I hate math.

Moths, to prove that they can be good moths, but I bet you guys have your own little rituals and iniation ceremonies just like college fraternities. XD

As for new members joining us and returning ones who can't access their accounts and banned ones who wanna come back, maybe a test to prove they can good be members and a little basic Moonie knowledge?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
I'm a big fan of dunking and pressing as a test to see if they're worthy to come back. I'll even buy the stones.

Puellizator qui puellas in puellis amat
"Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling"
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
BRING ON THE KINGDOM OF YURI.

KUMA SHOCK

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I'm sorry, I find the whole "moth" thing to be really derogatory and rude. I know I am not a moderator but I think it really lends itself to a basic level of disrespect that manifests itself in nearly every post directed to a mod being hostile.

I also find it really disheartening that if you're a returning member you get "you have to take a test to make sure you're good enough to be among us" rather than "Yay! Welcome home!"

Is it any wonder why folks that dropped out don't want to come back?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
I totally understand where you're coming from Ky-chan. The moth thing is just bad taste. There ought to be a rule about treating moderators and admins with respect or something.

And I think its perfectly clear how I feel about certain people here. I won't go on. :)

Puellizator qui puellas in puellis amat
"Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling"
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
BRING ON THE KINGDOM OF YURI.

KUMA SHOCK

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
I'm a big fan of dunking and pressing as a test to see if they're worthy to come back. I'll even buy the stones.

Now how will violence solve anything, kittylord? :P

kyleen66 wrote:
I'm sorry, I find the whole "moth" thing to be really derogatory and rude. I know I am not a moderator but I think it really lends itself to a basic level of disrespect that manifests itself in nearly every post directed to a mod being hostile.

I also find it really disheartening that if you're a returning member you get "you have to take a test to make sure you're good enough to be among us" rather than "Yay! Welcome home!"

Is it any wonder why folks that dropped out don't want to come back?

Ah the moth thing Mama Ky. I think it was Elizames and Usapon who coined that phrase. Then as time passed they didn't mind. I don't know the whole story on the word moth here. ^_^'

I guess returning members should be able to come back freely, but for new ones and banned ones it might be a good idea.

I suggested to Kero about emailing admins so they can return to the forum in the suggestions thread and she said she'd ask Jay but I never got a response back.

I have a friend at an evangelion forum who used to be here and she said she'd love to come back.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:14 pm 
inactive
Thank you for the explanation!

I still find it a bit rude and I think you should ask the mods how they feel about it rather than just assuming it's okay. :love:

I suggested to Kero about emailing admins so they can return to the forum in the suggestions thread and she said she'd ask Jay but I never got a response back.

That is likely not KnM's fault. Jay, bless his heart, has a busy life and this is a hobby. He may have either forgotten or didn't really have a good answer at the time he was asked and forgot about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I just made a thread to ask them about it.

It does say in the rules that we all must respect each other. Members respect staff and staff respect members.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
It does say in the rules that we all must respect each other. Members respect staff and staff respect members.

Actually, this is what the rules say.

Quote:
✩ Respect other users.
While there may be disagreements on a subject, or personal disliking between people, everyone should be respectful of another's thoughts and views.
"Calling people out" in public threads is not allowed. Take your disagreements to private PM; insulting another member publicly and starting drama is not acceptable.

✩ Respect the forum administrators and moderators.
If a mod or admin tells you something, do it. Insulting or backtalking a mod for telling you to follow the forum rules is not acceptable and will result in disciplinary action.

I'm pretty sure calling admins derogatory names and telling them they're wrong about the rules is against said rules.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Once again my bad. ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I choose to summon the moonies who have big name fan sites back to the forum

Brad of Moonkitty
The girl who runs smcollectibles I know she was a member here
Ochibawolf
Sakky Aka Sailor Astera
The girl who runs sailor moon obsession
ChibiJen from Moonsticks
Hindy who draws amazing art

Just because those moonies run big name fan sites doesn't mean they're better than us because they have twitter clique, they should come back here.

And our two missing mods Dan and Lunar Archivist.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:12 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm 
inactive
I choose to summon the moonies who have big name fan sites back to the forum\

Just because those moonies run big name fan sites doesn't mean they're better than us because they have twitter clique, they should come back here.

I'm not trying to be critical, but how you worded this is likely why they choose not to be here. I know a few of those people personally and quite frankly there is nothing offered here for them other than the sense of entitlement that the MUST come here to participate.

This is a fun thing. Being told they act like they are "better than us" and have "cliques" is really negative. If we make this a fun place to play and talk about SM fun things, they'll come back on their own should their work schedules give them time for that.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
kyleen66 wrote:
I choose to summon the moonies who have big name fan sites back to the forum\

I'm not trying to be critical, but how you worded this is likely why they choose not to be here. I know a few of those people personally and quite frankly there is nothing offered here for them other than the sense of entitlement that the MUST come here to participate.

This is a fun thing. Being told they act like they are "better than us" and have "cliques" is really negative. If we make this a fun place to play and talk about SM fun things, they'll come back on their own should their work schedules give them time for that.

You have a good point there, Mama Ky. It's just I can't stand the silly arguments in fandoms in general over biggest collection, best translation, etc. We all love this show despite the flaws and it's many versions, when fandoms argue it feels like high school. Would be nice if the same values of love, justice, and friendship were in place because deep down we all gathered together because of the love for a common thing and sometimes saying why can't we all get along is impossible. I guess if we just make it the best place to be, people will come can't force anyone to post or be your friend.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's just I can't stand the silly arguments in fandoms in general over biggest collection, best translation, etc.

I guess that's a common thing in any fandom, whatever their subject of interest is. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 34 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
It's just I can't stand the silly arguments in fandoms in general over biggest collection, best translation, etc.

I guess that's a common thing in any fandom, whatever their subject of interest is. lol

But at least friendly communication and there being a shared love over a common interest still manages to overpower that con in fandoms, though. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:32 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kyleen66 wrote:
That is likely not KnM's fault. Jay, bless his heart, has a busy life and this is a hobby. He may have either forgotten or didn't really have a good answer at the time he was asked and forgot about it.

Regarding returning members:

-Banned members are banned
-Members who have forgotten their password should have a way to fix that. If manual resets are necessary I can do so with a PM request from an existing member.11

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Caleb wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

But at least friendly communication and there being a shared love over a common interest still manages to overpower that con in fandoms, though. :)

Yup, I think that's a common thing, too. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:22 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I wish CutieBunny and Fokkusu would come back and Caleb, maybe even Crystal Queen. :o

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
How many days of inactivity is required before users get the "Bitten by Chibiusa" status?

https://twitter.com/redblade84

YKYWTMSMW Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Judge of the Nights
redblade7 wrote:
How many days of inactivity is required before users get the "Bitten by Chibiusa" status?

As I observed,3 months