Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
Is it a good show?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Despite the best efforts of one depraved fan within the Sailor Moon internet community to ruin it for me, I greatly enjoy what Doctor Who I have seen. I fell out of it in the last few seasons, but I intend to catch up, one of these days. Yay internet, data is so easy to get! =D

I really liked the arc leading up to the Reality/game shows, and the American character from that season.

Also Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 70 months ago
inactive
Sub Zippo wrote:
Despite the best efforts of one depraved fan within the Sailor Moon internet community to ruin it for me, I greatly enjoy what Doctor Who I have seen. I fell out of it in the last few seasons, but I intend to catch up, one of these days. Yay internet, data is so easy to get! =D

I really liked the arc leading up to the Reality/game shows, and the American character from that season.

Also Link

Oh? American? Do you mean Captain Jack? I am sorry someone ruined it for you. That's why I try not to say anything about what I've seen and just comment on it.

SailorV-chan It's a fantastic show. Very entertaining. Do you tend to like sci-fi? Well, I suppose Sailor Moon is a bit sci-fi-ish itself!

If you have netflix streaming, you can watch seasons 1-4 on there without ordering them ^_^ That's what we do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Its more like he tried to ruin my faith in humanity, and took Doctor Who along with it, but it doesn't really make much difference anymore, and I'm getting off topic.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I do mean Capt. Jack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
I usually LOVE Sci-fi I will be sure to check it out!

Post subject: Anyone here a Doctor Who Fan.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
There wouldn't happen to be anyone here that Likes Doctor Who would there?

I myself have been an avid fan for the past 6 years.

Loved the season 6 finale, deffinantly looking foward to season 7 & the 50th aniversarry special.

P.S. Daleks Rule! :love:

Post subject: Re: Anyone here a Doctor Who Fan.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Reporting in!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Love it.

And mondas Cybermen>Daleks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Antikiller wrote:
Love it.

Peh... Just throw a gold coin at those Cybermen and they'll cower in their metal boots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm 
inactive
Maetch wrote:
Antikiller wrote:
Love it.

Peh... Just throw a gold coin at those Cybermen and they'll cower in their metal boots.

eh well... :mrgreen: at least those Cybermen were dangerous. they were feared throughout 7 galaxies and looked dangerous, even if they had cheep suits.

the new ones are lumbering oafs that probably originated from Power rangers. plus they make no sense at all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Antikiller wrote:
the new ones are lumbering oafs that probably originated from Power rangers. plus they make no sense at all.

I'm pretty sure you can't kill 'em with a gold coin, though. :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:48 pm 
inactive
Syera wrote:
Antikiller wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can't kill 'em with a gold coin, though. :P

at least the Mondas cybermen don't get killed by disrupting a signal like the one in Age of steel P-:

the only time something like that happened to Mondas ones was in Tenth planet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
Oh, good, there's a Doctor Who thread!

In the same week, I caught up on Season 6 of New!Who and finished the available Second Doctor serials.

To address this post in the Favorite/Hated Ships thread:

Maetch wrote:
Going off on a Doctor Who tangent here...

All Time Lords are Gallifreyan, but not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords. Susan was definitely NOT implied to be a Time Lord. Heck, she was mentioned as being a struggling student when the series first began.

A radio drama revealed that since leaving her grandfather, Susan settled down and married. However, that story was pre-Time War, so Susan's post-Time War status is still unknown.

When Susan was on the show, Time Lords did not exist. All we knew about the First Doctor and Susan was that they were from another unnamed planet. The term didn't even come about until the end of the Second Doctor's run, and his home planet wasn't even named until sometime during the Third Doctor's run.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
Weren't they kinda building up the series still? Not to mention early Doctor Who was more edutainment than the sci-fi we love.
BTW, River Song/Elleventh Doctor, FTW!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
I have a love/hate relation with River Song. I loved her when she was first introduced. But, as she gets younger I liker her less and less. I know that means if I watched it in River chronology order it would mean I like her more and more but... yeah. I am also far more interested in her interaction with Amy and Rory than with 11. I also just can't seem to like the 11xRiver ship. Then again, I also didn't care for 10xRose (though I did love 9xRose).

My first Doctor was 8. I taped his movie when it was on TV and watched that so many times. I didn't really get into new Doctor Who until I saw Time Crash and became fascinated with Peter Davison's Doctor. So I have been buying DVDs and watching the classic stuff.

My friend and myself were going to cosplay 4 and 5 for a con. Her wig didn't come in time so just a few modifications and she became Romana II. I now know more about cricket than any American has a right to know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
inactive
VampirePaladin wrote:
I have a love/hate relation with River Song. I loved her when she was first introduced. But, as she gets younger I liker her less and less. I know that means if I watched it in River chronology order it would mean I like her more and more but... yeah. I am also far more interested in her interaction with Amy and Rory than with 11. I also just can't seem to like the 11xRiver ship. Then again, I also didn't care for 10xRose (though I did love 9xRose).

Some people find River annoying (I am not naming names). I personally find her brilliant. She knows the Doctor inside and out, just like every wife should.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
Silver Wolf wrote:
VampirePaladin wrote:

Some people find River annoying (I am not naming names). I personally find her brilliant. She knows the Doctor inside and out, just like every wife should.

Not every character is for everyone. I personally hope they keep everything on screen ambiguous enough that the people that do ship it can read that and the people that don't ship it can read it their way. I honestly think that 11's reactions and such are just right so that people can interpret it to their liking.

I do really strongly dislike the Doctor x Master ship though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:05 pm 
inactive
VampirePaladin wrote:

I neither like nor dislike it, because, well, frankly, I haven't seen enough of the Master (I got into Doctor Who around the Tenth, but nothing really bit until Matt Smith).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 34 months ago
inactive
I started to get interested in the series, but I intend to watch the classic before checking out the recent serial. But I have an issue trying to find the episodes on the internet. :o :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm 
inactive
Silver Wolf wrote:
Weren't they kinda building up the series still?

Yeah, the black-and-white days were highly unstable compared to the 3rd Doctor onward, mostly because it basically existed on the brink of cancellation every season. Not to mention that they really didn't picture this being a 50-year-old franchise.

I guess the real world-building didn't start until Patrick Troughton became the Second Doctor because William Hartnell's exit from the show was the impetus for the concept of Regeneration.

Quote:
Not to mention early Doctor Who was more edutainment than the sci-fi we love.

I was told this back when I first heard of it a decade ago, so I was expecting something akin to a 60s Ghostwriter or live-action Carmen Sandiego where there's plot, but you're blatantly learning things.

Not even close. Not. Even.

Quote:

I'm down with this, but I still feel as if Eleven's a bit weird about the whole thing, even at the end of it all.

And as a random side-thought: I find it interesting that they didn't bother trying to rescue baby Melody in an attempt to give Amy and Rory a chance to raise their own kid. I guess that after "The Girl Who Waited", they decided not to pursue that idea, especially since it would almost definitely undo River's entire life, even all the way back to "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm 
inactive
Raven Nightshade wrote:
Quote:

I'm down with this, but I still feel as if Eleven's a bit weird about the whole thing, even at the end of it all.

And as a random side-thought: I find it interesting that they didn't bother trying to rescue baby Melody in an attempt to give Amy and Rory a chance to raise their own kid. I guess that after "The Girl Who Waited", they decided not to pursue that idea, especially since it would almost definitely undo River's entire life, even all the way back to "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead".

That's true. They had to keep history intact.
Eleven, weird? Nah.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:11 am 
inactive
Silver Wolf wrote:
VampirePaladin wrote:

I neither like nor dislike it, because, well, frankly, I haven't seen enough of the Master (I got into Doctor Who around the Tenth, but nothing really bit until Matt Smith).

So how much have you seen? Have you watched any of Classic!Who at all?

Hyperion wrote:
I started to get interested in the series, but I intend to watch the classic before checking out the recent serial. But I have an issue trying to find the episodes on the internet. :o :|

No, don't do that. It's not necessary. It really isn't.

Just watch the new stuff for now, so you can get a feel for the show and its universe. I started with Nine, continued on to Ten and started Eleven before going back to Classic!Who and starting with the First Doctor.

When you do go back to the older Doctors, you're better off watching on DVD than online. But that's a matter of personal opinion. If you have NetFlix, they're fairly easy to obtain, and some of it is on Instant Streaming. If you don't, try your library, believe it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 am 
inactive
I haven't seen classic Who, mostly cuz it's so expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Apparently, the Master from Doctor Who made an appearance in Manos: The Hands of Fate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpGIffiQhx0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Gojira wrote:
Apparently, the Master from Doctor Who made an appearance in Manos: The Hands of Fate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpGIffiQhx0

I came to see Torgo.

"I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE MaStEr Is AwAy!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Maetch wrote:
I came to see Torgo.

"I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE MaStEr Is AwAy!"

"He hAs sIx wIvEs wHy I cAn'T I hAvE oNe fOr mYsElF?"

*queues the Haunting Torgo Theme*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
This show is popular in the western world. I wonder why any of the networks or cable companies don't air it here.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
I am going through Doctor Who withdrawl since the christmas episode.

Oh well ... there's always classic who.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
inactive
When is the new Doctor Who episodes coming out anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 pm 
inactive
Silver Wolf wrote:
I haven't seen classic Who, mostly cuz it's so expensive.

So I take it you don't have Netflix? That's how I've been watching it.

Like I said before, I recommend checking the library. If the branch you go to doesn't have it, see if you can do an interlibrary loan for them.

Silver Wolf wrote:
When is the new Doctor Who episodes coming out anyway?

This fall allegedly, and that Rory, Amy, and River will be back but not for the whole season. There are other rumors that are MUCH less realistic like the return of Captain Jack and the Master, and the addition of more aliens from Classic Who since you can't run a franchise on just Daleks, Cybermen, and the Master.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next