Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Alien movie announced (2016)
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorWelshy wrote:
I feel more sorry for Ridley Scott, as Prometheus was meant to be its own series in the same Alien universe, but of course audiences asked "Where was the Xenomorphs?", which meant that Scott had to disrupt his plans and include the Xenomorphs again.

Aww, let's all pity the poor guy. The evil fans tortured him until he agreed to include the xenomorphs into his new movie. And even if they didn't, there is absolutely no way how he could have it his way. I mean, he is not the guy who earned a few hundred million dollars from his previous works and thus could make on a whim any random movie he wanted without asking anybody, right? :ohdear:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:05 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I want AVP rebooted. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:05 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:

Maybe a movie featuring all the franchise's existing different types of monsters fighting each other, so that we could see which one would be the fittest to survive? :oh:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Maybe a movie featuring all the franchise's existing different types of monsters fighting each other, so that we could see which one would be the fittest to survive? :oh:

With Scarlett Johansson arriving after that and kicking ☹ of the fittest one.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Well, I suppose that movie wouldn't/shouldn't feature any human characters at all (I actually thought of saying that in the above-quoted post but didn't - now you've reminded me). lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:40 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
What I don't like about Prometheus is that is demystifies the xenomorph. It's actually not an alien anymore but a genetically modified mutant parasite. It's actually just considered an alien because of geographical location.

The true aliens are the predators. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Well, I suppose that movie wouldn't/shouldn't feature any human characters at all (I actually thought of saying that in the above-quoted post but didn't - now you've reminded me). lol

No movie director/producer will ever approve an Alien movie without at least one woman in it. And since there should be one, they can as well include Scarlett Johansson for bonus $$$.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:
I feel more sorry for Ridley Scott, as Prometheus was meant to be its own series in the same Alien universe, but of course audiences asked "Where was the Xenomorphs?", which meant that Scott had to disrupt his plans and include the Xenomorphs again.

Aww, let's all pity the poor guy. The evil fans tortured him until he agreed to include the xenomorphs into his new movie. And even if they didn't, there is absolutely no way how he could have it his way. I mean, he is not the guy who earned a few hundred million dollars from his previous works and thus could make on a whim any random movie he wanted without asking anybody, right? :ohdear:

I really don't understand what you're saying here.

I said that I felt sorry for Ridley Scott, because whatever plans he had for the Prometheus series is now gone as audience wanted the Xenomorphs. So what if he's got money, it doesn't mean I shouldn't care.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SailorWelshy wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:

I really don't understand what you're saying here.

I said that I felt sorry for Ridley Scott, because whatever plans he had for the Prometheus series is now gone as audience wanted the Xenomorphs. So what if he's got money, it doesn't mean I shouldn't care.

An amateur no-name movie producer/director may be forced to cave in to "what audience wants", even if they personally don't like it - because otherwise they will have hard time advancing in the movie industry. Big name movie producers/directors who have almost infinite money and authority can produce whatever random movies they personally want, even if every single person in the world is against their ideas. If Ridley Scott actually wanted to make original movies that had nothing to do with Aliens, he would do that - he has enough money and authority to ignore any movie studio attempting to force him to change his plans in accordance to "what audience wants". So if he made another xenomorph movie, it's because he, personally, truly wanted to do that, not because some "audience" or movie company forced him. I'm not sure how else more clearly I should word it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

No movie director/producer will ever approve an Alien movie without at least one woman in it. And since there should be one, they can as well include Scarlett Johansson for bonus $$$.

If so, then perhaps include this humanoid female monster from Species in the movie - she was also designed by Giger himself, hence it'd pretty fit too:

https://mossfilm.files.wordpress.com/20 ... pecies.jpg

Wish she'd be the last survivor in it. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Will go to watch it next week with a friend. He'll buy tickets and I must find some homebrew moonshine by then. That's a long-standing Russian tradition of visiting cinema. :mischief:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
The R&D team should research this.

Spoiler: show
Super nova neutrino solar storms are just so passe. P-:

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
This adaptation needs a live action spin off with Scarlett Johannson

It's like Resident Evil with crazy sociopath Nazi's.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:45 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I remember seeing those comics at a comic bookstore back then, & they're fun to read. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Sucks. It supposed to have that scene. :ohdear:

Sure its cliche like the T-Rex vs Spinosaur in Jurassic Park 3 but I think it would've made the film better to put balance to some of the crews forced stupidity. P-:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Covenant

According to wikipedia they have now earned 117.7 million dollars with a budget of 97 million.

Edit:

More deleted scenes.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
The perfect setting for AVP3 especially with a predominantly white cast along with Scarlett. :oh:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:01 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Oooohhhh...Volume 3

I thought is was the end of it.

Everyone wants to get rid of Alien 3. :evillaugh:

The space jockey wants to terraform earth from the beginning. I think this might have inspired Prometheus.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
This was actually one of the fan films I accidentally found. This is actually the 2nd fan film I discovered which is tons better. Something the other Alien films lacking. Tension.

Edit:

Another one in 3D. 8) 3D models could've been hacked from a game. Good thing I never played it. :googly:

Those missing fifteen minutes. :P

Edit 2:

Part 2 (Part 3 if you like to piece the first fan film in this post as some kind of prequel) and its actually longer. Its a really good fanfic combining elements of Alien, Resident Evil and Underworld werewolves plus an evil organization of biomech mutants. The audio is just horrible for the women especially the one doing voicing the black woman which I could barely hear her. Other than that everything is great.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:32 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
... so won't be particularly disappointed if the movie is not happening at all. :grey:

Well, I am glad... coz it ain't happening.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... t#/slide/1

Sooner or later it's going to happen all the same. They just need time to think how to fit in Scarlett Johansson as resurrected Newt without fans protesting too much.

It might happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Or bring in the Chinese vampires to vs the xenomorphs - it could generate good revenues from the Chinese markets. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ Or bring in the Chinese vampires to vs the xenomorphs - it could generate good revenues from the Chinese markets. :P

I've always wondered how a xenomorph would look like if it was birthed from a supernatural creature.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:22 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I've always wondered how a xenomorph would look like if it was birthed from a supernatural creature.

If it were from a Chinese vampire, it'd have an ofuda on its forehead. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Like Scarlett Johansson, perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Like Scarlett Johansson, perhaps?

Aha, she as a vampire-xenomorph hybrid hopping around - that could save the franchise. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:50 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
I would have wanted to see more of these mutants in Covenant instead of an empty planet. P-:

Some of those designs look amazing. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:40 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ The designs seem to be looking more & more human-like - maybe someday in an Alien pre/sequel we could even see a handsome/pretty xenomorph, possibly played by Bloom or, alas, Johansson (w/o the need to have much special makeup on them). :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:41 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
So that's how they do it. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
So this whole alien tomb and visitations was popularized by by Erich von Däniken's 1973 book The Gold of the Gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cueva_de_los_Tayos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I thought they'd find a corpse of the Engineers there. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:59 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
There's a lot of hate for the film in youtube.

I'm hoping there's pressure from fans to do that Scarlett Johansson Aliens sequel. ^_^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next